As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Critical Failures

• BigDesBigDes Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    That was pretty good.

BigDes on
    steam_sig.png
  • NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I said he was on a roll today.

NotASenator on
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] regular
    edited September 2007
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

[Deleted User] on
  • GABBO GABBO GABBOGABBO GABBO GABBO Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    what is it like being a living breathing tool, katchem_ash

Quite good actually. How does it feel to be a Dickgirl?
    hahahaha holy shit.

He's got you there teefs.

GABBO GABBO GABBO on
    edited September 2007

[Deleted User] on
  • OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2007
    omgorikae.jpg

Orikaeshigitae on
    edited September 2007

[Deleted User] on
    edited September 2007
    what mspaint thread

Orikaeshigitae on
    edited September 2007

[Deleted User] on
    edited September 2007
    it was okay

Orikaeshigitae on
    edited September 2007

[Deleted User] on
    edited September 2007
    if i were going for a metropolis reference i would have done the exotic dancing segment

Orikaeshigitae on
    edited September 2007

[Deleted User] on
  • HorseshoeHorseshoe Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Dude, Ash is on a roll.

So anyway... how about those tabletop games?

Those are fun?

Huh?

BTW - Rank, at some point in the future would you consider guest starring as "Ranko The Hutt" in my play by post game?

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2007
    So, I talked to the guy at my local shop who I usually see handling the games and shit, and explaining them to people. They didn't have the kit I was looking for, but they can order it for me. It turns out they have a lot more Warhammer stuff (regular and 40k) than I thought, it was just on the other side of the divider as the comics. Chances are, I'll have them order it for me in a few weeks, because I have a few big paychecks coming up. Should I maybe think about getting the Space Marine codex for some other painting ideas, which I noticed when I glanced at the back?
    EDIT: Also, whoo, I'm not going to have to order anything off the internet for this. The local shop is redeeming itself.

Me Too! on
    edited September 2007
    I preordered one of these this morning.
    Gonna run an all bike army.

GABBO GABBO GABBO on
  • RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited September 2007
    Horseshoe wrote: »
    Dude, Ash is on a roll.

So anyway... how about those tabletop games?

Those are fun?

Huh?

BTW - Rank, at some point in the future would you consider guest starring as "Ranko The Hutt" in my play by post game?

damn right I would.

also, fucking hell, I'm leaving the office now. I'm completely goddamn braindead.

I just went and counted the layers in this photoshop document I've been making all week.

I'm up to 299 and the end is a looooong ways off.

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
    edited September 2007
    rank read my pm before you go home

Orikaeshigitae on
  • RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited September 2007
    TWO HUNDRED AND NINETY-NINE FUCKING LAYERS IN A SINGLE DOCUMENT

THIS IS INSANITY

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
    edited September 2007
    you must have the RAM of gods

ram of gods

you take away the slow of the world

grant us speed

Orikaeshigitae on
    edited September 2007
    it's actually not that huge of a file, in terms of filesize. When opened, it is around 190 megs. It's only 900 x 800 pixels, so it ain't too horrible.

I was working with a file earlier this week that was 48 inches tall and 114 inches long at 144 dpi. Opened, the thing clocked in at over 1.2 gigs.

That fucking sucked.

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
    edited September 2007
    it's actually not that huge of a file, in terms of filesize. When opened, it is around 190 megs. It's only 900 x 800 pixels, so it ain't too horrible.

I was working with a file earlier this week that was 48 inches tall and 114 inches long at 144 dpi. Opened, the thing clocked in at over 1.2 gigs.

That fucking sucked.

Back when I worked for the photo lab, our retouchers would often have single files that were more than 5gb a piece.
    Dual Proc macs all the way around.

GABBO GABBO GABBO on
  • Katchem_ashKatchem_ash __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2007
    The game was great frankly. Pity no one else wanted to play. I really wanted to get another game in. Anyway, we set up. I learnt that I should pay attention to my list. I had melta bombs and a master crafted weapons and I forgot to use them. D'OH!

Anyway, most of the turns were me shootiing (Unsuccessfully the majority of the time). I did manage to whittle one of Sharp's units down to one man.

What I learnt is

a) Learn and use what your veteren sergents and commanders have
    b) Templates are good. While the mortars didn't work perfectly I feel I had rolled better it would work.
    c) Rockets are good and I should use them more.
    d) I should use flamers cause I didn't use them
    e) I should have a lascannon or a autocannon in there somewhere (Guess where I learnt that Sharp )
    f) Have a Balisk or Russ. They give of world of hurt. Especially to marines.

Also, if people are interested in the reaction that my Desu Brigade got, well suprisingly they weren't that bad. Well, I guess the staffers already knew about them. The other people were like "Woah, what's going on there?" Or one guy saying that was cool. Or on saying "What cool helmets" and I had to correct him saying they weren't helmets. Sharp mostly pointed out that they were the Anime heads.

Katchem_ash on
  • Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    You're imperial guard. You're supposed to miss a lot, and when you do hit, you've basically got flashlights.

Der Waffle Mous on
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Choke them with our corpses!

Penguin Incarnate on
    edited September 2007
    You're imperial guard. You're supposed to miss a lot, and when you do hit, you've basically got flashlights.

Don't worry, once the Desu Brigade is done I shall start the tentaclerabbi marines. If Army Builder doesn't get the newist Chaos Codex, I guess, the Legion of Hentai (using the SoB Models) shall come to fruit.

Katchem_ash on
    edited September 2007

Don't worry, once the Desu Brigade is done I shall start the tentaclerabbi marines. If Army Builder doesn't get the newist Chaos Codex, I guess, the Legion of Hentai (using the SoB Models) shall come to fruit.

I'd expect there to be an army builder update with the chaos codex shortly. The big armies always seem to have someone willing to update them asap.

GABBO GABBO GABBO on
    edited September 2007

I'd expect there to be an army builder update with the chaos codex shortly. The big armies always seem to have someone willing to update them asap.

Yeah but mine is 2.2. I don't think anyone will update it since 3 is out.

Katchem_ash on
  • Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    people still do AB2 updates from time to time, you tend to have to really look for them, though.

Der Waffle Mous on
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
    edited September 2007
    I worked out the skin color I'm going to use for my orks today.
    grots7.jpg

Now I get to start my ork pilot woo.

GABBO GABBO GABBO on
  • AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    mani you have such pretty hands

Abracadaniel on
    edited September 2007

[Deleted User] on
  • AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    he's been painting

Abracadaniel on
  • Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    his thumb is empty of scars and not bent out of shape

Dead Legend on
    diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • webberwebber Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Mani,

How do you paint Ork close combat weapons? I've experimented a bit with Vallejo silver. Everything just looks pretty much like chrome.

webber on
    This lucky penny is bullshit.
    Hearthstone - Webber #1330
    3DS: 0920-3235-4071
    edited September 2007
    Undercoat it with a really dark metal color like Tin Bitz, dry brush a dark silver color like Bolt Gun Metal, and then highlight with a bright metal like Milthril Silver.

That's what I do. Then toss some ink over it and repeat the process a few times.

Penguin Incarnate on
    edited September 2007
    webber wrote: »
    Mani,

How do you paint Ork close combat weapons? I've experimented a bit with Vallejo silver. Everything just looks pretty much like chrome.

Penguin's process would work pretty well.
    I haven't done any of the weapons on my orks yet, but I was planning on doing a drybrush of boltgun, then a light drybrush of tin bitz mixed with a little mechrite red, a wash of brown ink, black ink, water, and future floorwax, then stipple that mix of tin bitz and mechrite red in spots to look like rust.

GABBO GABBO GABBO on
    edited September 2007
    I usually coat all of my weapons with blood anyways. I forget which ones. I use the medium red, then do a few highlights with the bright one, Flesh Wash it, and then do a bit more highlights.

Penguin Incarnate on
  • webberwebber Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    What does the ink do?

webber on
    This lucky penny is bullshit.
    Hearthstone - Webber #1330
    3DS: 0920-3235-4071
    edited September 2007
    webber wrote: »
    What does the ink do?

When applied properly, it settles into the recesses and helps to shade the metal.

GABBO GABBO GABBO on