As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Xbox 360 games to play with co op

defreakdefreak Registered User regular
edited November 2013 in Help / Advice Forum
Friend coming in to town for 4 days, we're looking for games to play that are co op, preferably through system link (Gold access not needed right?), but split-screen is fine too. We both used to game a lot, but not so much anymore the past couple of years, so we're kind of out of the loop on what's out.

We prefer shooter or puzzle games, but we're up for anything (except for sports games).

By the way, I plan on picking up COD Ghost for myself, I know it doesn't have co op for the campaign, but can anyone confirm if it has local multiplayer options? Something about an alien invasion mode, or even bots? What about system link?

Games we have already played:
Army of Two (all of them)
Gears of War (all of them)
COD (all but Ghost)
Halo (all of them)
Portal 2
Diablo 3 (on PC, so not looking to play on xbox)

We'll consider the arcade stuff if there just isn't anything out right now, but I would like to utilize my sound system to the fullest and see pretty graphics first.

Thanks.

defreak on

• Options
    JurgJurg In a TeacupRegistered User regular
    My brother and I had a lot of fun with the first two Gears of War games. I'm not sure how the new ones are, but you can give that a shot.

The Scott Pilgrim game and Castle Crashers are both really fun beat em ups. I think Streets of Rage 2 is downloadable as well. That's a classic.

sig.gif
  • Options
    oops, it will probably be helpful to list games we've already played, I updated the first post with that info.

Thanks for the suggestions so far.

• Options
    jjae2123jjae2123 Registered User regular
    Rainbow 6 Vegas 1 and 2 were fun for me and my brother.

• Options
    JuliusJulius Captain of Serenity on my shipRegistered User regular
    Battleblock theater is fun.

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Boarderlands 2 is pretty great.

Co/op LAN and split screen. Fps rpg.

zepherin on
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1 and 2 are a lot of fun to play on the couch. It plays similar to Diablo and other isometric RPGs but with super powers and more flexibility in how you play since you always have a team of four. I don't know if it allows for system link but everything takes place on the same screen anyway.

• Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light is the game I always suggest in threads asking for good co-op games, so I am doing that same thing here. It's on XBLA.

• Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    Bulletstorm is way more fun than it has any right to be.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    SiskaSiska Shorty Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Borderlands 1&2 (RPG shooter) and Minecraft (lego survival) both work with split screen and on 2 systems. Dynasty Warrior series (ancient China strategy/rpg) has split screen, not sure if it has 2 systems co-op. Fable 2&3 (fantasy RPG) also have some kind of co-op but I've never tried it, so not sure how it's done

Siska on
  • Options
    CabezoneCabezone Registered User regular
    Splosion Man is a lot of fun.

• Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions so far, I'm downloading the demos of a lot of these right now.

• Options
    DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Castle Crashers is pretty much made for exactly this. Just silly fun.

Deadfall on
    7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    badpoetbadpoet Registered User regular
    Lego Marvel Superheroes should have offline coop on the Xbox (it does on the PC). There are puzzles in it and it's a fun little romp. No need for split screen.

I'll second Rainbox Six Vegas (2 is newer and a little better graphically). It's a more realistic shooter with a local splitscreen option and a link option. You can do coop terrorist hunts and work together to kill some pretty fun AI terrorists.

• Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Fear 3 (F3AR) was pretty good in coop. Shooter where the two characters had different abilities.

I don't know if you or your friend have played the last two, but Dead Space 3 was an excellent Coop game. If you don't care about the story the first two are not needed.

Iron Bridge if a fun lane defense game that's free if you have Gold right now.

Ill second Castle Crashers, TR Guardian of Light and the R6 Vegas games.

• Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Fear 3 (F3AR) was pretty good in coop. Shooter where the two characters had different abilities.

I don't know if you or your friend have played the last two, but Dead Space 3 was an excellent Coop game. If you don't care about the story the first two are not needed.

Iron Bridge if a fun lane defense game that's free if you have Gold right now.

Ill second Castle Crashers, TR Guardian of Light and the R6 Vegas games.

I just want to correct this autocorrect mistake and say that you meant Iron Brigade.

Because Iron Brigade is awesome.

• Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    Crackdown one and two are about the only addition I can make. Iron Brigade and castle crashers are both amazingly fun. Marvel alliance one and two are also great. Borderlands 2 is the better pick up and play over 1. It starts out hilarious and never really lets up. Especially before the end game grind it is amazing.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    No one posted this yet?

http://www.co-optimus.com/

• Options
    BadDataBadData Registered User regular
    Resident Evil 5 is the best coop experience I've ever had! Also Tomb Raider: Guardian of Light has a ton of awesome puzzles and great action, highly recommend that as well. If you're down for something a little goofy, I'd definitely recommend Rayman Legends, it's awesome. Dragon's Crown has coop has well, but I don't know if I'd recommend that as highly.