As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Let's Play [XCOM : Enemy Within] Your Planet. Your Fight. Join Today!

• NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    the latest mission took place on march 22, so it stands a good chance that the next abduction wont be until next month. Month 2 is going to be grim in more ways than one...
    At the moment, if we can keep the entirety of the Americas and Egypt from capitulating we'd stand a good chance at their bonuses. Russia would be icing on top, but loosing Asia and Europe are... acceptable.

Priorities as I see them would be:
    South America (literally weeks of interrogations and autopsies done instantly, and those instantly feed into quicker research times, and options for Gene Mods and Future Tech)
    Then North America for pure money
    Then Africa for the 30% income

taking Europe would be nice for its money output, but its bonus bascially allows about ~60$ savings and since we only need, at most, 3 workshops and 3 labs, thats only 360$ saved.

Its up to the director though, even if we put satellites up on countries in doomed regions, that is a region that is still open to abduction raids.

a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    alright! next mission we get to see my shiny new warmachine. :D

MTWtXx0.jpg

• KadokenKadoken Giving Ends to my Friends and it Feels Stupendous Registered User regular
    lose

• The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    DIRECTOR'S LOG
    MARCH 22ND, 2015

I had to put myself back together; there was a lot to be done today.

First thing was a trip down to engineering to see Delta-4, now known around the base as, "Notorious Ben".

ben-borg.jpg

I, uh, think we can safely say that the gamble paid-off.

We're printing-off more forms; the doctors expect to see an increase in volunteer interest after soldiers see the weapons platform performing on the field.

plat-club.jpg
    silver-club.jpg

We received the first 'club cards' today. I don't agree with this program, but what the Hell; anything to improve morale can't be wholly bad, I guess.

vegeta-medal.jpg

Delta-1 is our first Platinum Club member...

beth-medal.jpg

...while Beth is out first Silver Club member.

We incidentally located and extracted the sister of one of our flyboys during the last op; Natalia "Lanrutcon" Owsley.

lanrutcon-recruit.jpg

That girl is not playing around. She's a former SEAL; she had grabbed a squad support weapon from a wiped-out National Guard unit - may they rest in peace - and killed at least 14 ETs by our count before we even arrived in the mission zone. She is now Delta-8.

It's my opinion that we would do ourselves a real service by spreading-around some of the expertise on hand; to that end, preparations for the construction of some dedicated education & training have been made.

build-2.jpg
    build-3.jpg

We're running out of space on the ground floor; we're going to have to start digging-out basement & sub-basement levels soon.

The Ender on
    With Love and Courage
  • cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Ah, and I forgot to mention, loled at the Fishman reference.
    As well, I'd like to state that I'm am most certainly pro-transhumanism, and will volunteer for anything regarding that end that you deem necessary.

• RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    Join EXALT! We have an excellent genetic upgrade plan. If you compare it to others (non-xcom).

Come get your needle today!

• cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Blow it out your ass, you deluded bullet pincushion. Those aug's are are worthless if you're using them as a slave.

exalt2.jpg

With Love and Courage
  • heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    -Audio log of Rookie Clark "Heenato" Vivian-

"The big wigs announced a club program recently. Tch. Bastards. The only thing to do in the entire base, and they put it behind a kill wall. I'm determined to get in there someday, so there's more to do than stare at the wall.

On another note. I caught a glimpse of "Notorious" today. When they said they were instituting a cybernetics program, I admit to having my doubts, and I still do. I mean, sure...He's going to do great in a fight. Probably run roughshod over the greys...But I get uneasy just looking at him. I think I'm with the head of engineering on this one. Where do we draw the line?

...End of log"

-recording ends-

M A G I K A Z A M
  • KadokenKadoken Giving Ends to my Friends and it Feels Stupendous Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    To the Unenlightened of the World: We are EXALT
    Brothers and sisters of the world, who partake in this futile state known as humanity: The travelers, "Xeno", "Aliens" as you know them, are not demons. They are not our enemies. They are prophets. They are our future.

EXALT has grown under the yoke of idiotic, inefficient, and corrupt governments of the world. In our existence, we have seen the futility of humanity. We have seen what humanity truly is: Weakness. We are a species that lives under the illusion that we are capable; we are strong; we are beings that have worth in existing. We do not. We are ignorant, feeble animals, yet we have the audacity to say that we are advanced, that we are civilized. We are as civilized as the vermin of the earth, clawing out each others' eyes, warring in the name of greed, "ethics", or "morality". Claiming our evil governments to be just and fair rules, while ignoring indignities and evils man has done to itself. The travelers, however, are different. They are greater. They bring clarity, truth, and enlightenment.

Humanity is foolish, the travelers are wise. Humanity is a genetic abomination on the world, the travelers are an evolved and advanced form of life, gods compared to the dirt of mankind, and are a premonition of what our glorious future in the galaxy and the cosmos beyond could be, if we accept their light. Humanity is weak. The travelers are strong.

To those profligates and wastrels who have ordained themselves "XCOM", who wave their banner in defense of mankind's pathetic state, we say this: Why persist in this the hopeless struggle? There is no victory for you. You will not stand in the way of progress. You will not stand in the way of humanity's evolution. Your fruitless actions will be for naught. You will be swept from this earth. There is nothing to achieve from your meaningless fight. There is no other choice than to follow the travelers, and advance mankind into such a potential that we may one day too, be like the travelers, strong, wise, and great.

We are waging our own war. We are waging a crusade, a crusade for the advancement of man, and the destruction of those in the way of man's future greatness.

We are the enlightened. We are EXALT.

Kadoken on
  • Gandalf_the_CrazedGandalf_the_Crazed Vigilo ConfidoRegistered User regular
    Kadoken wrote: »
    Brothers and sisters of the world, who partake in this futile state known as humanity: The travelers, "Xeno", "Aliens" as you know them, are not demons. They are not our enemies. They are prophets. They are our future.

EXALT has grown under the yoke of idiotic, inefficient, and corrupt governments of the world. In our existence, we have seen the futility of humanity. We have seen what humanity truly is: Weakness. We are a species that lives under the illusion that we are capable; we are strong; we are beings that have worth in existing. We do not. We are ignorant, feeble animals, yet we have the audacity to say that we are advanced, that we are civilized. We are as civilized as the vermin of the earth, clawing out each others' eyes, warring in the name of greed, "ethics", or "morality". Claiming our evil governments to be just and fair rules, while ignoring indignities and evils man has done to itself. The travelers, however, are different. They are greater. They bring clarity, truth, and enlightenment.

Humanity is foolish, the travelers are wise. Humanity is a genetic abomination on the world, the travelers are an evolved and advanced form of life, gods compared to the dirt of mankind, and are a premonition of what our glorious future in the galaxy and the cosmos beyond could be, if we accept their light. Humanity is weak. The travelers are strong.

To those profligates and wastrels who have ordained themselves "XCOM", who wave their banner in defense of mankind's pathetic state, we say this: Why persist in this the hopeless struggle? There is no victory for you. You will not stand in the way of progress. You will not stand in the way of humanity's evolution. Your fruitless actions will be for naught. You will be swept from this earth. There is nothing to achieve from your meaningless fight. There is no other choice than to follow the travelers, and advance mankind into such a potential that we may one day too, be like the travelers, strong, wise, and great.

We are waging our own war. We are waging a crusade, a crusade for the advancement of man, and the destruction of those in the way of man's future greatness.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXw6znXPfy4

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • vegeta_666vegeta_666 CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Audio log of Delta-1 "Vegeta": March 22nd, 2015 21:10 hours
    In just a small amount of time things have gone a bit crazy. Actually, that's putting it lightly. Just a short while ago I was a Park Ranger for god's sakes. I still remember patrolling the woods, hearing of aliens landing and finding those campers... I'm just glad I'm handy with a rifle. I don't know what's scarier in the dark, a bear or one of those things.

I know it's because of my efforts on that fateful morning that I find myself as Delta-1, and I'm honored to be in the position. It's just... hard to not feel like I might be in over my head. These men and women look to me though and I will guide them through hell and back. I have a feeling hell is just around the corner actually... heh.

I hope... I hope Samantha's all right.

End log.

vegeta_666 on
    Sob24Nm.png
    Steam: abunchofdaftpunk | PSN: noautomobilesgo | Lastfm: sjchszeppelin | Backloggery: colincummings | 3DS FC: 1392-6019-0219 |
  • MegaMekMegaMek Girls like girls. Registered User regular
    Bloody Gift seems appropriate. More battle scars for me.

Is time a gift or punishment?
  • WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    Humanity is weak. The travelers are strong.

The 'travelers' are a bunch of fat-bellied grey babies that excel at dying to our supposedly inferior weaponry. They don't even have mouths with which to scream when our bullets take them.

But hey, if you want to be more like them - riddled with bullets - then I'm sure XCOM would be happy to be oblige.

• KupotheAvengerKupotheAvenger Destroyer of Cake and other deserts.Registered User regular

Finishes reading the email and thinks for a moment before filing it under flag and respond later before finishing putting final coat of wax on his Raven

fc: 1821-9801-1163
    Battlenet: Judgement#1243
    psn: KupoZero

edited November 2013
    report-14.jpg

DIRECTOR'S LOG
    APRIL 4TH, 2015

m2.jpg

I don't need this shit right now.

Yes, my staff has done an amazing job - an incredible job - this past month. I don't need to be told this, and anyone who might say otherwise can cram their opinion right up their asshole.

R%26D1.jpg
    R%26D2.jpg
    R%26D3.jpg

The lab has been working 24/7 on a solution for the challenge of capturing an ET & their weapon for study, and I've got plans on my desk right now for the construction of a containment structure: we just need the materials & green light from the logistics people. We don't have an appropriate stun-gun yet, but R&D feels that this is a small challenge given what they've learned so far of ET physiology; they think they can modify a TASER-brand electroshock gun to do the job.

m1.jpg
    m3.jpg

We've set-up detection & interdiction capabilities over South America, basing VooDoo strike craft in Brazil. Make no mistake about it: this is absolutely an effort to placate some state delegates who have expressed concerns over XCOM's priorities.

m4.jpg

HQ-TOMORROW is getting roomier every day. We're eating through a lot of our logistics budget to make it happen, but--
    WARNING!

WARNING!

PERIMETER SENSORS TRIGGERED! INTRUDER PROFILE MATCHES EXTRATERRESTRIAL VEHICLE!

...WHAT!?

m5.jpg

The Ender on
    With Love and Courage
    It seems the aliens, too, want Japan's giant robot suits. It would probably be bad if they got them, though.

• LanrutconLanrutcon The LabyrinthRegistered User regular
    Fuck yeah. Let's go welcome them to Earth.

Capture.jpg~original
    Currently playing: GW2 and TSW
    edited November 2013
    1.jpg
    APRIL 4TH, 2015. 1544 HOURS.
    OPERATION SOARING HEART
    HQ-TOMORROW PERIMETER ZONE, JAPAN

...BEGIN MISSION RECORDER PLAYBACK...
    Director: Delta, report status.
    DELTA-1 "Vegeta": Status yellow, HQ. I can hear the UFO, but I have no visual at thIs time.

2.jpg

Director: Copy that. We are treating this as a coincidence, Delta, nothing more; don't get distracted thinking about what's under your feet while you're topside.
    DELTA-3 "MegaMek": Long time no see, Notorious. How was the, uh... procedure?
    DELTA-4 "Notorious": ERROR; UNIT DELTA-4 DOES NOT UNDERSTAND COMMAND
    DELTA-3 "MegaMek": ...
    DELTA-4 "Notorious": Just playing with you. And the 'procedure' was fucking boss. I mean, look at this shit!

3.jpg

DELTA-4 "Notorious": And I sound like Goddamn Optimus Prime.
    DELTA-1 "Vegeta": Form-up behind him, Delta. Standard sweep, and keep your eyes open for any Meld canisters while we're up here.
    DELTA-3 "MegaMek": Copy.
    DELTA-2 "Bethryn": Copy.
    DELTA-8 "Lanrutcon": Copy.

4.jpg
    5.jpg

Director: ...Well, now that you mention it, Delta, our scanners have sniffed-out a Meld cache in your area.
    DELTA-4 "Notorious": Yeah, copy that, I've got a visual...

6.jpg

DELTA-4 "Notorious": Oh, shhiii... contact. i don't think they've seen us yet.
    DELTA-1 "Vegeta": sectoids?
    DELTA-4 "Notorious": naw... looks airborne. and mechanical. never seen something like this before.
    DELTA-1 "Vegeta": okay. keep a low profile, delta, and inch forward. set-up an ambush--
    DELTA-4 "Notorious": fuck. they're movin'...

7.jpg
    8.jpg
    9.jpg

DELTA-4 "Notorious": fuck. motherFUCK.
    DELTA-1 "Vegeta": What the Hell?
    DELTA-8 "Lanrutcon": ...They bugged out?
    DELTA-2 "Bethryn": How did they--
    DELTA-3 "MegaMek": Contact! UFO door!

10.jpg

DELTA-8 "Lanrutcon": ...That is... that is fucking disgusting. Oh my god, that smell...
    DELTA-2 "Bethryn": HQ, are you getting this!? Holy shit.
    Director: We see it. Looks like we're not the only ones asking soldiers to make sacrifices. Engage with extreme caution, Delta.

11.jpg

DELTA-8 "Lanrutcon": Well, those airframes they're grafted onto sure do give off a nice heat signature. Shredder in the air!

[Explosion]

12.jpg

DELTA-8 "Lanrutcon": GODFUCKINGDAMMIT! Fin came off as it was exiting the barrel! HQ, check your fucking gear before you--
    DELTA-1 "Vegeta": Cool it, Lannie.

13.jpg
    14.jpg
    15.jpg

DELTA-1 "Vegeta": We still got 'em.
    DELTA-8 "Lanrutcon": ...whatever...
    DELTA-3 "MegaMek": ...What was... BETH!

16.jpg

DELTA-2 "Bethryn": Bethr--RRRGL!

17.jpg

DELTA-1 "Vegeta": ...Delta-2! ...Hold still...

18.jpg
    19.jpg
    20.jpg

DELTA-1 "Vegeta": Are you alright?
    DELTA-2 "Bethryn": <gasp>...think <gasp> ...so
    DELTA-4 "Notorious": More contacts coming out of the UFO!

21.jpg
    22.jpg

DELTA-4 "Notorious": Fuck.
    DELTA-1 "Vegeta": Pull back, Delta. We need some space; if that other octopus-thing comes out of the woodwork while we're in a fire fight with those Sectoids...

23.jpg
    24.jpg

DELTA-2 "Bethryn": ...Speak of the devil...

25.jpg

DELTA-8 "Lanrutcon": Watch it, Mega! Incoming!

26.jpg

DELTA-3 "MegaMek": ...is it the red armor? jesus...
    DELTA-1 "Vegeta": Open-up on 'em, Delta!

27.jpg
    28.jpg
    29.jpg
    30.jpg
    31.jpg

DELTA-4 "Notorious": Only one straggler still up; I'm pushing-in on him!
    DELTA-3 "MegaMek": I'm right behind you!

32.jpg
    33.jpg

DELTA-3 "MegaMek": There he is.

34.jpg

DELTA-3 "MegaMek": Jesus, he's still--

35.jpg

DELTA-1 "Vegeta": Nope.

36.jpg

DELTA-4 "Notorious": Visual on the pilot.

37.jpg
    38.jpg
    39.jpg
    40.jpg

DELTA-3 "MegaMek": Zone's clear, HQ. Get some white coats & hard hats topside.

41.jpg

...MISSION RECORDER PLAYBACK ENDS...

The Ender on
    With Love and Courage
    a4irovn5uqjp.png
    edited November 2013
    report-15.jpg

DIRECTOR'S LOG
    APRIL 11TH, 2015

The looks on their faces when I told them that we were going to be shipping the ET materials off to logistics...

This is going to be an extremely rough month.

I had a very, very long discussion with our budget & intel offices to get a breakdown of what we fundamentally need right now. Item #1: additional data links:

m6.jpg
    m7.jpg
    m9.jpg

...Item #2: Additional space. Which means tunneling-out a sub-basement:

m8.jpg

...Item #3: Additional power infrastructure. We've been losing important time & data to brown-outs:

m10.jpg
    m11.jpg

...Item #4: Increased detection capability:

m12.jpg
    m13.jpg
    This was The Month of the Great XCOM Fire Sale. Fuck me stupid; this spaaaaaaawwwwwwwwn. I even waited to see if i could get an Abduction mission before selling all of that; no dice. We needed to pitch it to buy sat capability in time for the end of the month.

I even had to sell a teensy tiny bit of Elerium (and far, far more alloy than you're ever supposed to be selling at this point).

btw you're never ever supposed to sell even 1 unit of Elerium and you know that things are grim when you are selling that shit FFFFFfffffffffffffffffffffffffff

R%26D4.jpg
    R%26D5.jpg

On the brighter side, we do now have our modified TASER systems ready for service, and the labs are making progress on a new weapons system based on some reverse-engineered ET tech. I look forward to seeing the end product of that research.

The Ender on
    With Love and Courage
    UFO ACTIVITY EXCEEDS THRESHOLD
    REGION SELECTED FOR INTERDICTION
    TEAM DELTA, REPORT TO SKYRANGER PLATFORM IN FIELD GEAR
    abuc-3.jpg

With Love and Courage
    edited November 2013
    1.jpg
    APRIL 11TH, 2015. 1730 HOURS.
    OPERATION DEMON THORN
    LAGOS, NIGERIA

...BEGIN MISSION RECORDER PLAYBACK...
    2.jpg

Director: Delta, report status.
    DELTA-1 "Vegeta": On the ground and status yellow, HQ. LZ's clean.
    DELTA-4 "Notorious": Starting sweep. Let's breach this bitch.

3.jpg
    4.jpg

Director: We've got a read on a Meld cache in your area, Delta. Bring it in.
    DELTA-1 "Vegeta": Copy that.

5.jpg
    6.jpg
    7.jpg

DELTA-4 "Notorious": Structure's clear. Shifting to the lot.

8.jpg
    9.jpg

DELTA-4 "Notorious": Visual on Meld. Moving to secure.
    DELTA-3 "MegaMek": I've got your back.

10.jpg
    11.jpg

DELTA-3 "MegaMek": Woah! Contact!

12.jpg

DELTA-8 "Lanrutcon": ...Where? I've got no visual.
    DELTA-3 "MegaMek": It's an octopus. Went AWOL.
    DELTA-1 "Vegeta": Copy; keep on your toes, Del--
    DELTA-6 "Rizzie": Vegeta! On your six!

13.jpg
    14.jpg

DELTA-1 "Vegeta": ...Good shooting. Holy shit, I hate those Goddamn--

15.jpg
    16.jpg

DELTA-3 "MegaMek": Additional contacts! Sectoids near the 18 wheelers!
    DELTA-1 "Vegeta": I see 'em... bah, they're in full retreat. Keep alert, Delta: we don't want to be caught between those assholes and another octopus. I'm assuming this one wasn't travelling alone.

17.jpg
    18.jpg

DELTA-3 "MegaMek": Meld's ours.
    DELTA-6 "Rizzie": Smoke's out.

19.jpg

DELTA-1 "Vegeta": ...Well, look who came wandering back.

20.jpg
    21.jpg

DELTA-3 "MegaMek": ...Regrouping...

22.jpg
    23.jpg

DELTA-3 "MegaMek": RIZZIE! DUCK!
    DELTA-6 "Rizzie": ohjesusfuckingchr--

24.jpg

DELTA-4 "Notorious": WoooOOOOoo!
    DELTA-6 "Rizzie": ...whew... Thanks.
    DELTA-4 "Notorious": ...I've got a bead on that Sectoid's pal, too.

25.jpg
    26.jpg

DELTA-4 "Notorious": I love this gun.
    DELTA-1 "Vegeta": Alright Delta, contacts are all status black. Group up and check those trucks.
    DELTA-8 "Lanrutcon": Copy.
    DELTA-3 "MegaMek": Copy.
    DELTA-6 "Rizzie": Copy.
    DELTA-4 "Notorious": Copy.

27.jpg
    28.jpg

DELTA-4 "Notorious": Woah. Delta, we've got some civvies over--

29.jpg

DELTA-4 "Notorious": Hey! Where you fellas runnin' off t--
    Director: Delta! Those are NOT civilians! I repeat, those are ETs! Waste 'em!
    DELTA-4 "Notorious": ...Son of a....

30.jpg
    31.jpg

DELTA-4 "Notorious": Got 'em pinned back.

32.jpg
    33.jpg

DELTA-8 "Lanrutcon": Shame about the suit.

34.jpg
    35.jpg

DELTA-3 "MegaMek": Eh. Not a fan of the color, myself.
    DELTA-1 "Vegeta": Heads-up!

36.jpg

DELTA-1 "Vegeta": Motherfucking... light 'em up!
    DELTA-8 "Lanrutcon": On it.
    DELTA-6 "Rizzie": On it.

38.jpg
    37.jpg
    39.jpg
    40.jpg
    41.jpg
    42.jpg
    43.jpg

DELTA-4 "Notorious": I got a little somethin' for the one behind the truck.

44.jpg
    45.jpg
    46.jpg

DELTA-4 "Notorious": Whoo. Now that is some shit right there.
    DELTA-3 "MegaMek": ...That is the most revolting I smell I have ever...

47.jpg

...MISSION RECORDER PLAYBACK ENDS...

The Ender on
    With Love and Courage
  • TakelTakel Registered User regular
    Audio log of reserve pilot "Takel" - 05:30 2015-04-11
    So, where to start? It's been more than a month since the world's gone to the shitter with these bloody Xenos gatecrashing the party. Not like we already had our hands full trying to deal with every Tom, Dick and Harry blowing each over, or themselves, up over some petty argument. Petty is relative, of course, because now we have a far technologically superior menace threatening our enslavement, or extinction, or whatever; we don't even know why they're here yet for goodness' sakes!

But I'm rambling. It's been a stressful month and it's been a miracle that we haven't lost a man yet to this invasion despite being outnumbered and out-gunned every time we try to claw back from the brink. Meanwhile we've got a bunch of men and women, myself included, chomping at the bit to get out there and do our part but we're getting knocked back for 'budgetary' reasons. Hell hath no fury compared to the glares the scientists were giving when they were told they wouldn't even get a glimpse at the parts we pulled out of that fully intact UFO. No, all of the loot got shipped off to some big wig's personal museum for what? Just so we can get 5 days with a couple of earthmovers. You'd think we'd get some concessions when we're trying to save the bloody world...

Anyhow, Bid Bird's heading off to Nigera to halt a wave of abductions. As much as I'd love to get my own bird and shoot down some UFOs, I have to say it's a little disconcerting that the decision was made immediately despite Australia calling for assistance; and they're on the verge of freaking out over there as well. I'm sure it's just a coincidence that the African Union was willing to give us 200... what do they call them? Simoleans? outright to compensate for our interception. XCOM is charged with the defence of what's left of humanity and the world. We are above petty politiking and bribes in getting the job done. I just hope Delta team gets back in one piece. This fight is escalating. If the procedure on 'Notorious' wasn't disturbing; having your limbs lopped off and all, the last combat report mentioned the Xenos have gone all out and grafted torsos to jetpacks.

Steam | PSN: MystLansfeld | 3DS: 4656-6210-1377 | FFXIV: Lavinia Lansfeld
    hahaha, i'd be committing warcrimes if the geneva convention extended to xenos...

a4irovn5uqjp.png
    edited November 2013
    I just have to say it:

XCOM mostly looks great in motion, but my God, some of it really looks awful when you're screenshotting it. Like, the flamethrower effect looks fine, most of the gun tracers look fine, the explosions look fine... but some of the alien models are janky as Hell, and those blood particle effects... holy shit, they look like they were rendered on an N64 or something.

The Ender on
    With Love and Courage
  • MarikirMarikir Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    TO: R&D

You've had long enough. Our supposed "foe" selected the one choice we wanted them to. I trust that your efforts in Birmingham and Brisbane are paying off as we speak.

I expect results or otherwise I'm going to retask your entire division's families to Alien Enticement.

Do not fail us.

Director
    EXALT

He stirs.

Marikir on
    steam_sig.png "Hiding in plain sight." PSN/XBL: Marikir
  • Gandalf_the_CrazedGandalf_the_Crazed Vigilo ConfidoRegistered User regular
    TO THE DIRECTOR OF THE XCOM PROJECT

Hello, Commander. This reader is pleased with the progress of the XCOM Project thus far. Your recent results have been beyond my expectations, and that is not a statement this reader makes lightly.

As a point of order, would it be possible to wrap future AARs in spoiler tags? Not only does it maintain a sense of suspense, but it makes it much easier to navigate the page without constantly having to scroll down because more images (from old posts that have already been read) keep popping in and lengthening the page.

This is especially problematic when phone-foruming.

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
    4.jpg

DIRECTOR'S LOG
    APRIL 11TH, 2015

1.jpg
    2.jpg
    3.jpg

I thought he'd come in to apologize for his previous outburst. He looked incredibly somber, and I was so sure for whatever reason that I saw a little bit of sunshine at the corners of his mouth.

'Director,' he said, 'There is something you need to see,'

And then the delegate from India unholstered his sidearm, pressed it's barrel against the side of his own head and... well, I imagine you know where things went from there.

At least we know where he went; the delegates from China and Australia are AWOL, and we can't get in communication with them at all.

The whole of Southeast Asia is fucking Planet Halloween right now; we have reports streaming in of people getting mauled, vaporized, sucked hundreds of feet into the air and simply vanishing... Japan seems to have been spared the worst of it, but the rest of this sector is being classified Code Black: Unrecoverable.

Until we can defeat the invasion, China, India and Australia are being amputated from all XCOM coverage. It's not worth the risk to try penetrating that airspace.
    Yup, there goes our buffer. Was hoping it would hold out a little bit longer than this, but them's the breaks.

With Love and Courage
    He has a metal voice. Why does he have a metal voice?

Everything he says, no matter how colourful, comes out in this calm, soothing, Star Trek-y artificial voice.

But only his arms and legs have been replaced with machines. Not his lungs, his larynx, his tongue, nothing that would alter his voice to such an extent.

Is it a byproduct of Meld? Or did Dr. Shen get a little too enthusiastic with cybernetic replacements?

And if so, can we really trust he won't go yet further still?
    Also, I told you we shouldn't snub Asia again. But did you listen?

The alternative would have been Egypt and Nigeria hitting the panic zone. We have ONE satellite for this month as we didn't have the funds to purchase another one before the cut off date. That means we would have lost the 'All In' region bonus guaranteed.

Thinking back, yeah we probably should have gone to India instead of the US if we wanted to keep panic in check, but that would have come at the expense of a Sergeant and a 5 man squad.

So now the question is: are we going to have the cash to get some better gear before the terror mission?

or do we throw every cent we have at satellites before the spiral of death kicks in?

Capture.jpg~original
  • PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular

Everything he says, no matter how colourful, comes out in this calm, soothing, Star Trek-y artificial voice.

But only his arms and legs have been replaced with machines. Not his lungs, his larynx, his tongue, nothing that would alter his voice to such an extent.

Is it a byproduct of Meld? Or did Dr. Shen get a little too enthusiastic with cybernetic replacements?

Why do you think that only arms and legs are replaced? You can't even see the lungs.

• GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    We should have a 5 man squad with a flamer mec and two(?) heavies before the terror mission. We won't need upgraded equipment for the terror mission. '

wbBv3fj.png
    PLA wrote: »

Why do you think that only arms and legs are replaced? You can't even see the lungs.

Well, when you go to the 'create a MEC' screen, there's this image of a person and the arms and legs fade out, but not the torso. Implying that the only amputations that should be taking place are the arms and legs.

And yet...

Maybe the lungs are in the feet, now.

PLA wrote: »
    Maybe the lungs are in the feet, now.

I don't think we've built a genetics lab yet.

edited November 2013
    Yeah, we have two heavies: Lanrutcon, the drop-in Sergeant (please don't hit me!) and Rainfall. Those with a flamer MEC are going to see us through the corpse humpers rather handily.

We've missed the deadline for more sats before the end of the month, so really we have 200 fun bucks for infrastructure or equipment. Or we could just bank it towards getting 3 satellites for the next month. Not sure how much Meld we have left, but there is the option to grab a second MEC...

Takel on
    Satelites! Satelites! I like my arms.

Capture.jpg~original
    Satellite-arms.