Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

An[chat] Rome

19495969798100»

Posts

  • ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit I'm a good person yes it's trueRegistered User regular
    the government should just give everyone an abrams tank and the free market can figure out social justice issues

    With government handouts?

    fuck gendered marketing
    CasualAbdhyius
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    cptrugged wrote: »
    Ludious wrote: »
    I also don't like how in social justice circles, you're not allowed to complain about legit problems if it might sort of make a pet cause look badly.

    Like even here, we've gotten into discussions about giving money to the homeless. I pointed out that we have some VERY REAL shyster panhandlers that mill around the general vicinity of my work and that they can get fucked with their fake crutches. No matter how much I specified that particular incident, I was shamed for somehow..belittling the homeless problem in this country? It's like wat..no..those guys are dicks and I am calling them dicks. That doesn't mean the dude down the road doesn't really need a sandwich. In fact, the fact that the dude down the road DOES need a sandwich makes the play actors even MORE EVIL, but I am apparently not allowed to point out the bad eggs because your little social justice helmet has to make everything black and white

    Well, you do get a lot of assholes who want to strawman that shit up and use the minority shyster example as a way to derail discussion. It's not always that way, of course. But I think these days most folks on the internet will air on the side of assuming that someone is trying to asshole it up and jack the discussion towards some bullshit. And you're right, it sucks when that's not the case. But its the interwebs and even in places like this were we do a decent job of being civil. People will assume you're a dick.


    to be fair, in my case it really isn't much of an assumption. I'm a dick. It's what I am. The problem I often find is that people need to realize my dickishness is very rarely aimed at them
    except when it is


    you know what? I probably had it coming, even if I didn't.

    Casualcptrugged
  • CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    Gooey wrote: »
    Ludious wrote: »
    I also don't like how in social justice circles, you're not allowed to complain about legit problems if it might sort of make a pet cause look badly.

    Like even here, we've gotten into discussions about giving money to the homeless. I pointed out that we have some VERY REAL shyster panhandlers that mill around the general vicinity of my work and that they can get fucked with their fake crutches. No matter how much I specified that particular incident, I was shamed for somehow..belittling the homeless problem in this country? It's like wat..no..those guys are dicks and I am calling them dicks. That doesn't mean the dude down the road doesn't really need a sandwich. In fact, the fact that the dude down the road DOES need a sandwich makes the play actors even MORE EVIL, but I am apparently not allowed to point out the bad eggs because your little social justice helmet has to make everything black and white

    there is a dude i drive by probably 3 or 4 times a week who is asking for "gas money", standing on a corner holding a gas can

    either (1) he is lying about needing gas or (2) is really terrible about watching how much gas he has and always happens to run out in the exact same spot

    i'm not sure which to believe

    There was once a kid, maybe 21 at the oldest, panhandling outside the Dairy Queen by where I work.

    The Dairy Queen had a Help Wanted sign in the window.

    I mean, maybe this kid has his own kids and a mortgage and stuff and so a job at the DQ wouldn't be any better than no job because sometimes that's the way it is.

    But I doubt it.

    ehh

    if you're actually homeless it's pretty impossible to get a job

    especially in catering

    no one wants to eat a burger made by the guy who sleeps behind the dumpsters out back

    i write amazing erotic fiction

    its all about anthropomorphic dicks doing everyday things like buying shoes for their scrotum-feet
    Winky wrote: »
    Corgis are totally the white people of dogs
  • GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    http://www.cnn.com/2013/11/25/justice/ohio-steubenville-rape-case/index.html

    school officials being charged as part of the steubenville rape investigation

    919UOwT.png
    JacobkoshTL DR
  • ChanusChanus Sugoi! ^_____^Registered User regular
    TL DR wrote: »

    Well, I'm getting nothing done the rest of the day

    **Winner Softest and Most Comfy Hugs Award Summer 2018**

    Blueberrywerewlf on the Sony Anime Games Box | BluberryWerewlf on the BroBone
  • ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit I'm a good person yes it's trueRegistered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    I've got an ER app on my phone

    like a handbook for ER people

    useful to have for first aid situations at Hulen

    but it is also very noticeably written for people with medical degrees and a lot more resources than bandaids


    it has been making me megalomaniacal. When I found out that The Lesbian carries an epi-pen in her purse for her severe milk allergy I was like hmmmm can I use that if we get an OD in here or by the door?

    Severe milk allergy? D :

    Can she eat cheese?

    fuck gendered marketing
    Jacobkosh
  • override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    kaleedity wrote: »
    the government should just give everyone an abrams tank and the free market can figure out social justice issues

    best be m1a2s

    none of that cheap m1 bullshit

    I unironically believe that a law to subsidize AR-15s "so every American can participate in their second amendment rights," would pass congress easier than anything helping poor people

    Dynagrip
  • cptruggedcptrugged Buster Machine Registered User regular
    Gonmun wrote: »
    cptrugged wrote: »
    I'm wondering if my better half has kinda disconnected from the tumblr social justice rage main line. We haven't had a fight involving topics from there in quite some time. It has been pleasant to watch shows and see movies with reasonable discussion afterward.

    TBH I was meaning to ask you about how that was going last week. So things have seemed to simmered down a bit?

    Yeah, a lot actually. I think it's because she doesn't use tumblr as her primary means of selling her art online anymore. She's focused more on the convention scene at this point. And I think it means she doesn't mainline it as much as before. Like, I was really expecting some sort of thing after watching Gravity. But nope.

    It's been quite some time now. Which is great cause I hate having fights over bullshit. (Cause sometimes I just can't keep my mouth shut when I think it's bullshit)

  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    I think I just victim blamed MYSELF.

    problematic.

    ChanusCasualEddy
  • GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    This thread is no longer active, and will be recycled.
    @override367 will create the new thread
    @Gooey is backup

This discussion has been closed.