As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Posts can't be formatted?

QuidQuid Definitely not a bananaRegistered User regular
I assume this is on purpose and the formatting bars didn't just crumple in on themselves and disappear. But just in case, they're gone yo. Keyboard shortcuts don't work either.

• StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Icy likes to keep everyone on their toes.

YL9WnCY.png
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Waluigi strikes again. I sense an ARG to get the toolbar back.

• TubeTube Registered User admin
    I've enabled an alternative as a quick fix, hopefully a better one will come after the weekend.

• DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    So the HTML thing is the alternative? Ok, good.

• HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Thanks Tube. :^:

Edit - Aw that emote isn't working. :(

Henroid on
  • The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    normal formatting tags [i]aren't working either[/i].

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    HTML works, but you have to do it in source view mode. If you don't have the bar, try just doing <i>Italics</i>  

I found an option closer to our old system. test test test this should work

• ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Yay my world makes sense again! Thanks Tube.

Shivahn wrote: »
    Yay my world makes sense again! Thanks Tube.

test test

people who posted in the interim period where we had wysiwyg will have some weird shit when they get quoted but whatevs

I did have a brief error where quoting a post converted / added a lot of HTML but it's not replicating.

• TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Ahh is that what happened? I noticed when I accidentally pasted an image instead of an image URL it actually went in. I was very confused for a bit.

steam_sig.png
  • Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Ah, now the other toolbar with the glossy emotes is back. Any ETA on getting all the good PA emoticons back? :bz :rotate:

Zilla360 on
    |Ko-Fi Me! ☕😎|NH844lc.png | PSN | chi-logo-only-favicon.png(C.H.I) Ltd. |🏳️⚧️♥️
  • WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    When the original BBCode/formatting bar was put back, it worked. But I'm looking at this MS word style bar over the post box and not only do none of the buttons work, but no keystroke shortcuts work either. I've tried this with a clear cache, no adblock, clean browser.

• WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Also I tried the forums without a stylesheet and had the same result.

• test

Works for me. I think the problem is on your end.

• spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Formatting bar appears to be gone now? Is that related to this thread?

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    I am getting that too. I assume they are doing an update of some sort.

I'll try a high level technical intervention

Well, turning it off and on again didn't work.

• TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    I have a formatting bar. Is this the one thing my brokeass IE8 through a work proxy can do better than everyone else?

steam_sig.png
  • EsseeEssee The pinkest of hair. Victoria, BCRegistered User regular
    Formatting bar looks like it's back for me, at least. I mean, everyone probably already knows that, but I figured I'd say it.

• HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    Is the formatting bar the thing where all the options, like bold and italic, are? If so then mine have been replaced with sqaures.

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
    It's still working for me. Anyone else having a problem?

• Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    It works fine in this thread, but temperamentally in others.
    It seems like the script associated with it sometimes fails to load (or perhaps initialized) in larger threads, and even hard refreshing doesn't fix it.
    • test
    • test test test

Yeah, on larger threads, none of this is passing through the ECMAscript interpreter:
    BindShortcuts: function(TextArea) {
             ButtonBar.BindShortcut(TextArea, 'bold', 'ctrl+B');
             ButtonBar.BindShortcut(TextArea, 'italic', 'ctrl+I');
             ButtonBar.BindShortcut(TextArea, 'underline', 'ctrl+U');
             ButtonBar.BindShortcut(TextArea, 'strike', 'ctrl+S');
             ButtonBar.BindShortcut(TextArea, 'url', 'ctrl+L');
             ButtonBar.BindShortcut(TextArea, 'code', 'ctrl+O');
             ButtonBar.BindShortcut(TextArea, 'quote', 'ctrl+Q');
             ButtonBar.BindShortcut(TextArea, 'post', 'tab');
          },

as no events are triggered by these key combos.

• IcyLiquidIcyLiquid Two Steaks Montreal, QuebecAdministrator, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Link to such a thread?

Managed to find some reproducible examples after random testing on more than one machine/browser:

buttonbarplus.js loads and executes properly in this thread:
    http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/185196/dividing-basic-fractions#latest

But not in this (and many other large threads):
    http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/184801/xbox-one-come-on-jump-in-over-one-million-served-gamertag-list-in-op#latest

• bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Works fine for me, though Icy may have fixed it in the past half hour.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    My formatting bar still looks like this for all threads
    LvNyNQm.jpg

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356