Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Warframe - Thread killed by the Grinyu force. On to the next one!

24567100

Posts

  • zllehszllehs Hiding in a box, waiting to strike.Registered User regular
    So how do these login rewards work exactly?

    I'm told that i win a gun or something but its not in my arsenal

    am i missing something?

    OneAngryPossum
  • NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    zllehs wrote: »
    So how do these login rewards work exactly?

    I'm told that i win a gun or something but its not in my arsenal

    am i missing something?

    It's probably a blueprint. Check the foundry.

    Is there a PS4 clan? Or should we all just wait for cross-play?

    PSN/XBL/Nintendo/Origin/Steam: Nightslyr 3DS: 1607-1682-2948
    Switch: SW-3515-0057-3813 FF XIV: Q'vehn Tia
  • StingeStinge Registered User regular
    zllehs wrote: »
    So how do these login rewards work exactly?

    I'm told that i win a gun or something but its not in my arsenal

    am i missing something?

    Sometimes it's just credits. Today I think I got a blueprint for a gun. But it doesn't actually tell you what it is when you get it, just a picture.

    I really wish they'd give you more general info in the game itself.

  • MonkeyConQuesoMonkeyConQueso Registered User regular
    Stinge wrote: »
    zllehs wrote: »
    So how do these login rewards work exactly?

    I'm told that i win a gun or something but its not in my arsenal

    am i missing something?

    Sometimes it's just credits. Today I think I got a blueprint for a gun. But it doesn't actually tell you what it is when you get it, just a picture.

    I really wish they'd give you more general info in the game itself.

    Sometimes it's affinity for the weapon displayed (Primary, Secondary, Melee, Warframe, etc...). I think.

    Got a mission today to pick up an item and take it to a console... get to the marker and see that said item is right next to the console RIGHT between two wall molding pillars that you cannot get between or get close enough to pick up the item. Endless waves of Infected start coming, and we finally abort the mission which promptly crashes the game.

    PSN : Aubvry ;; WiiU/XBL/Steam : MonkeyConQueso ;; 3DS FC : 4553-9982-3786
    Destiny! : Warlock - Titan - Hunter
  • KashaarKashaar Low OrbitRegistered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Login reward items are usually either credits, or affinity (basically, XP for your gear), or blueprints for items. If you hover over it before clicking, it should say what it is in a tooltip. Check for blueprints in your foundry - there it will tell you what resources you need to build the item!

    And I agree, more general info within the game would be nice, but the codex is a step in the right direction. For more in-depth info, check the wiki: http://warframe.wikia.com

    Kashaar on
    Indie Dev Blog | Twitter | Steam
    Unreal Engine 4 Developers Community.

    I'm working on a cute little video game! Here's a link for you.
  • RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    So always switch to unmaxed weapons when you log off for the night.

    What are all the things in the orokin tower weak to?

  • StingeStinge Registered User regular
    Kashaar wrote: »
    Login reward items are usually either credits, or affinity (basically, XP for your gear), or blueprints for items. If you hover over it before clicking, it should say what it is in a tooltip. Check for blueprints in your foundry - there it will tell you what resources you need to build the item!

    And I agree, more general info within the game would be nice, but the codex is a step in the right direction. For more in-depth info, check the wiki: http://warframe.wikia.com

    At least on PS4, there's no option that I noticed to hover over to get a tool tip. I'll take a closer look tomorrow, but I'm pretty sure it's not there.

    It would be easier if I wasn't always drinking when I decide to play.

  • zllehszllehs Hiding in a box, waiting to strike.Registered User regular
    So talking to my friends on the PS4 and apparently I am the only person with an Aura mod

    I have affinity amp but apparently this is a aura that was done away with on the PC side of things?

    Is my having a affinity amp a mistake?
    Any other PS4 guys have a affinity amp or another aura mod?
    Where can i tell my friends to go find aura mod?

  • KashaarKashaar Low OrbitRegistered User regular
    edited November 2013
    zllehs wrote: »
    So talking to my friends on the PS4 and apparently I am the only person with an Aura mod

    I have affinity amp but apparently this is a aura that was done away with on the PC side of things?

    Is my having a affinity amp a mistake?
    Any other PS4 guys have a affinity amp or another aura mod?
    Where can i tell my friends to go find aura mod?

    No idea what an affinity amp is, but there was a situation some time back where in development auras were available, and DE decided to let people keep them. Affinity amp sounds like one of them.

    In general, auras are only available as event or alert mission rewards.

    Kashaar on
    Indie Dev Blog | Twitter | Steam
    Unreal Engine 4 Developers Community.

    I'm working on a cute little video game! Here's a link for you.
  • NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    Wow, the Venus boss kicked my ass. Big difficulty spike right there.

    PSN/XBL/Nintendo/Origin/Steam: Nightslyr 3DS: 1607-1682-2948
    Switch: SW-3515-0057-3813 FF XIV: Q'vehn Tia
  • zllehszllehs Hiding in a box, waiting to strike.Registered User regular
    Kashaar wrote: »
    zllehs wrote: »
    So talking to my friends on the PS4 and apparently I am the only person with an Aura mod

    I have affinity amp but apparently this is a aura that was done away with on the PC side of things?

    Is my having a affinity amp a mistake?
    Any other PS4 guys have a affinity amp or another aura mod?
    Where can i tell my friends to go find aura mod?

    No idea what an affinity amp is, but there was a situation some time back where in development auras were available, and DE decided to let people keep them. Affinity amp sounds like one of them.

    In general, auras are only available as event or alert mission rewards.

    yea Affinity amp is that mod that they did away with but i have it on the PS4

    but your answer clears it up for me
    only as rewards in alerts and events?
    random drops or boss killing reward?

    250px-Warframe.x64_2013-10-30_22-22-24.png.jpg

  • VingleVingle Registered User regular
    He means they only drop from events and alerts PERIOD.

    I am really glad they removed energy drain from no-shields mode on nightmare; it was insane how unfair that mode was compared to something like nightmare timer (lol).

    Spent all day grinding for hammer shot, got 2 blazes instead. Fortunately, people are going nuts over blaze in trading for some reason.

    RoyceSraphimKashaar
  • RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Anyone else having most of their tower missions spawn with all enemies at level 10? Only thing that was a real challenge was capture at level 30, I'm so happy they run now. I never new I needed this.

  • FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    So, after fighting some level 40+ armored enemies.

    I don't know that Damage 2.0 has fixed the "Go armor pierce or go home" problem, considering my weapon with 500+ Slashing and 500+ Magnetic damage was doing single digit damage.

    I do like the new element system, and the way you can combine elements for different effects, but I still found myself going straight back to my Soma and piling on Puncture damage.


    lol... so you were using slash damage (good against flesh/infected) and magnetic (good against shields and robots) against armored enemies and you think that points to a problem with the new system? if you were fighting robots/shields with pure puncture damage or an element NOT effective against them you'd be having the same problem. it's not "go armor pierce or go home" it's "bring the right customization for the system you're in" or have a weapon that isn't customized to only be effective against one enemy type.

    Are you the magic man?
    Varega
  • chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    Frei wrote: »
    Maddoc wrote: »
    So, after fighting some level 40+ armored enemies.

    I don't know that Damage 2.0 has fixed the "Go armor pierce or go home" problem, considering my weapon with 500+ Slashing and 500+ Magnetic damage was doing single digit damage.

    I do like the new element system, and the way you can combine elements for different effects, but I still found myself going straight back to my Soma and piling on Puncture damage.


    lol... so you were using slash damage (good against flesh/infected) and magnetic (good against shields and robots) against armored enemies and you think that points to a problem with the new system? if you were fighting robots/shields with pure puncture damage or an element NOT effective against them you'd be having the same problem. it's not "go armor pierce or go home" it's "bring the right customization for the system you're in" or have a weapon that isn't customized to only be effective against one enemy type.

    You do know the stats are just bonus damage. There is no negative to armor in that. Which means it should be doing base damage. Which should, surprisingly, not be getting reduced to double digits as armor scaling was one of the big 'problems' outlined in the original damage situation and something that was supposedly being fixed.

    I know, I know, mind blowing. Fucking booooooom, mind everywhere.

    Or did you somehow think that using something with no negatives somehow did less damage? I mean I guess if someone doesn't know math that might make sense. For anyone that knows what + and - mean though, that statement seems a bit odd. Please, do tell me more of your logic though. I wish to hear more of it.

    steam_sig.png
    Frei
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Frei wrote: »
    Maddoc wrote: »
    So, after fighting some level 40+ armored enemies.

    I don't know that Damage 2.0 has fixed the "Go armor pierce or go home" problem, considering my weapon with 500+ Slashing and 500+ Magnetic damage was doing single digit damage.

    I do like the new element system, and the way you can combine elements for different effects, but I still found myself going straight back to my Soma and piling on Puncture damage.


    lol... so you were using slash damage (good against flesh/infected) and magnetic (good against shields and robots) against armored enemies and you think that points to a problem with the new system? if you were fighting robots/shields with pure puncture damage or an element NOT effective against them you'd be having the same problem. it's not "go armor pierce or go home" it's "bring the right customization for the system you're in" or have a weapon that isn't customized to only be effective against one enemy type.

    Armor has no negative modifier to either Slashing or Magnetic, actually. You would think that given that, I would be able to do a bit more than single digit damage.

    The only thing that takes less damage from either of those two damage types is Robotics, which are resistant to Slashing (but very weak to Magnetic)

    Anyway, Armor seems to be the only factor that actually actively reduces damage by any considerable amount, meaning that you are still better off under all circumstances by gearing for anti-armor, since everything except pure Corpus missions will have you fighting armored enemies.

    Maddoc on
    97H9G7S.png PSN - Masked Unit | FFXIV - Laitarne Gilgamesh
  • LorkLork Registered User regular
    The fact that the mechanics are even more arcane and incomprehensible than before is not a point in this game's favor.

    Steam Profile: Lork
    DiannaoChongRoyceSraphim
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    The problem isn't new added complexity, I feel like that adds a lot to the game and the old damage model was kind of simplistic and ended up just being "Stack all elemental damage mods on your weapon, done"

    The problem is that there is no good surface level shit explaining all this in a simple manner.

    97H9G7S.png PSN - Masked Unit | FFXIV - Laitarne Gilgamesh
    TOGSolidKashaarFiendishrabbitRoyceSraphimIshtaar
  • SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    I think the Vectis is my new favorite toy, yay bolt action rifles.

  • DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    Lork wrote: »
    The fact that the mechanics are even more arcane and incomprehensible than before is not a point in this game's favor.

    My problem was it took soooooooooooo many hours of gameplay to level up my account, and now that I understand the systems and mechanics, I understand that it doesnt matter, except things are arbitrarily locked behind it like some frames.

    It doesnt help that missions say a level recommendation, but then it doesnt say what is acceptable to go in with. The mission is 6-8. Ok? So....... can my lvl 5 warframe lvl 11 weapon lvl 1 account take that?

    steam_sig.png
  • FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    Honestly. That always depends on the frame, mission type, enemies type as well as available mods and weapons.
    The game is sufficiently tactical that most of all it depends on you, the player.

    Sure, hitting a mission featuring level 40 enemies with just your Mk-1 Braton is probably going to fail (though it might not if it's the type of mission that can be resolved through stealth) but at some level you can overcome any obstacle with almost any type of gear.

    See level and equipment as personal boosts and handicaps. Nothing else.
    If in doubt wether you can handle a mission? Try it. The worst that can happen is a failed mission.

    "The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Choco, if you're going to be that unpleasant go make a Reddit account.

    Geth, kick @chocobolicious from the thread.

  • GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Affirmative A duck!. @chocobolicious banned from this thread.

  • Blackbird SR-71CBlackbird SR-71C Registered User regular
    Yeah, armor is still fucked.

    Abilities are fine to a level. I can actually pinpoint exactly to what extent: 15 minutes Tier III Survival. Exactly at that point will enemies take 3 magazines to kill instead of a few shots, and abilities become largely useless.

    I think they were so busy creating these new elements and spreadsheets that while they removed armor entirely from some enemies, they forgot to tweak the values on the ones left with armor.

    steam_sig.png
    Steam ID: 76561198021298113
    Origin ID: SR71C_Blackbird

  • zllehszllehs Hiding in a box, waiting to strike.Registered User regular
    So guys is it worth upgrading a fusion core of any classification?

    like is it worth it upgrading a lv3 uncommon fusion core to a lv 5? or will a lv2+a level 3 have the same affect?

  • Magus`Magus` Registered User regular
    Fusion cores only exist to be fused onto mods. They can't be combined/leveled up.

  • zllehszllehs Hiding in a box, waiting to strike.Registered User regular
    So what these lv2 fusion cores that can be upgraded to a level 5 are what? a glitch?

  • SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    they're just low level enemy cores, I haven't tried upgrading one but I don't think you can. It'd be a waste of cores tho.

    Blackbird SR-71C
  • Blackbird SR-71CBlackbird SR-71C Registered User regular
    Now I know why they call it warfarm. 10 orokin cells to build a prime item, for some it's 15. Have fun farming survival on saturn or sargas ruk for hours.

    steam_sig.png
    Steam ID: 76561198021298113
    Origin ID: SR71C_Blackbird

    Spoit
  • Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    zllehs wrote: »
    Kashaar wrote: »
    zllehs wrote: »
    So talking to my friends on the PS4 and apparently I am the only person with an Aura mod

    I have affinity amp but apparently this is a aura that was done away with on the PC side of things?

    Is my having a affinity amp a mistake?
    Any other PS4 guys have a affinity amp or another aura mod?
    Where can i tell my friends to go find aura mod?

    No idea what an affinity amp is, but there was a situation some time back where in development auras were available, and DE decided to let people keep them. Affinity amp sounds like one of them.

    In general, auras are only available as event or alert mission rewards.

    yea Affinity amp is that mod that they did away with but i have it on the PS4

    but your answer clears it up for me
    only as rewards in alerts and events?
    random drops or boss killing reward?

    250px-Warframe.x64_2013-10-30_22-22-24.png.jpg
    I don't know if this was answered, but you also get Aura mods as a reward for purchasing a Mod pack. If you got the pre-order or PS Plus free Mod pack, you may have received an Aura mod from that pack. They are quite useful (I have an almost useless Fire Resist aura mod, but it gives me a free extra point for my warframes, so it's cool).

    Di87pOF.jpg
    PSN: Hahnsoo | MHGU: Hahnsoo, Switch FC: SW-0085-2679-5212
  • Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Stinge wrote: »
    Kashaar wrote: »
    Login reward items are usually either credits, or affinity (basically, XP for your gear), or blueprints for items. If you hover over it before clicking, it should say what it is in a tooltip. Check for blueprints in your foundry - there it will tell you what resources you need to build the item!

    And I agree, more general info within the game would be nice, but the codex is a step in the right direction. For more in-depth info, check the wiki: http://warframe.wikia.com

    At least on PS4, there's no option that I noticed to hover over to get a tool tip. I'll take a closer look tomorrow, but I'm pretty sure it's not there.

    It would be easier if I wasn't always drinking when I decide to play.
    If it's a gun or melee weapon and it has a multi-digit number (i.e. not a "1") under it, then you got XP for that class of item equipped on your current frame. If it's the credit symbol, you get credits. If it's the number "1" under an icon of a weapon or consumable, you get a blueprint of that consumable. This is as far as I can tell.

    Di87pOF.jpg
    PSN: Hahnsoo | MHGU: Hahnsoo, Switch FC: SW-0085-2679-5212
  • FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    Now I know why they call it warfarm. 10 orokin cells to build a prime item, for some it's 15. Have fun farming survival on saturn or sargas ruk for hours.

    Alerts providing a pack of 3 Orokin cells seem to come around every now and then. Also, all bosses have a chance of dropping Orokin cells (although Sargas Ruk and Lech Kril have a slightly larger chance).
    They also have a fairly high chance of dropping on the Orokin Derelicts.

    Any individual item isn't hard to get these days. Although Warfarm is a fairly accurate description as we're pretty much always running to get our hands on one item or the other.
    Credits, XP, weapon/frame blueprints, parts, materials...you name it.

    "The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    Now I know why they call it warfarm. 10 orokin cells to build a prime item, for some it's 15. Have fun farming survival on saturn or sargas ruk for hours.

    Alerts providing a pack of 3 Orokin cells seem to come around every now and then. Also, all bosses have a chance of dropping Orokin cells (although Sargas Ruk and Lech Kril have a slightly larger chance).
    They also have a fairly high chance of dropping on the Orokin Derelicts.

    Any individual item isn't hard to get these days. Although Warfarm is a fairly accurate description as we're pretty much always running to get our hands on one item or the other.
    Credits, XP, weapon/frame blueprints, parts, materials...you name it.

    The fun part is ninja flipping and shanking our way there!

    ZMkKzv8.png
    hatedinamericaMaguanoKashaar
  • Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Oh, some more PS4 problems: I ran into a situation where a friend using Vauban crashed me and another friend by using Vortex on a huge amount of Infected. First time I've ever seen the report tool on the PS4, so it was interesting. We were able to rejoin the game immediately after the crash, so we didn't lose much. Oddly enough, the Vauban friend did not crash at all.

    Di87pOF.jpg
    PSN: Hahnsoo | MHGU: Hahnsoo, Switch FC: SW-0085-2679-5212
  • JMan711JMan711 6'8" weighs a f*&#ing ton He's coming, he's coming, he's comingRegistered User regular
    I got the clan dojo key and I'm in there now. What can I do? I saw the clan message to pick up something from the biolab, but I don't have enough credits for it... I grabbed the mutagen mass blueprint, thinking it was like a poison mod or something, but I think I just wasted 15000 credits on nothing.

    steam_sig.png
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Now I know why they call it warfarm. 10 orokin cells to build a prime item, for some it's 15. Have fun farming survival on saturn or sargas ruk for hours.

    Alerts providing a pack of 3 Orokin cells seem to come around every now and then. Also, all bosses have a chance of dropping Orokin cells (although Sargas Ruk and Lech Kril have a slightly larger chance).
    They also have a fairly high chance of dropping on the Orokin Derelicts.

    Any individual item isn't hard to get these days. Although Warfarm is a fairly accurate description as we're pretty much always running to get our hands on one item or the other.
    Credits, XP, weapon/frame blueprints, parts, materials...you name it.

    I ran a bunch of derelict survivals during the double resource weekend and got maybe...6 cells? Tons of mutagens though, so it was still worth it

    steam_sig.png
  • zllehszllehs Hiding in a box, waiting to strike.Registered User regular
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    Oh, some more PS4 problems: I ran into a situation where a friend using Vauban crashed me and another friend by using Vortex on a huge amount of Infected. First time I've ever seen the report tool on the PS4, so it was interesting. We were able to rejoin the game immediately after the crash, so we didn't lose much. Oddly enough, the Vauban friend did not crash at all.

    I use vauban on the ps4 and I've had the framerate drop to like 5fps lol...
    I think its the only move that does that on the ps4

  • Blackbird SR-71CBlackbird SR-71C Registered User regular
    TOGSolid wrote: »
    Now I know why they call it warfarm. 10 orokin cells to build a prime item, for some it's 15. Have fun farming survival on saturn or sargas ruk for hours.

    Alerts providing a pack of 3 Orokin cells seem to come around every now and then. Also, all bosses have a chance of dropping Orokin cells (although Sargas Ruk and Lech Kril have a slightly larger chance).
    They also have a fairly high chance of dropping on the Orokin Derelicts.

    Any individual item isn't hard to get these days. Although Warfarm is a fairly accurate description as we're pretty much always running to get our hands on one item or the other.
    Credits, XP, weapon/frame blueprints, parts, materials...you name it.

    The fun part is ninja flipping and shanking our way there!

    Eh. They've only just worked on the damage system. Using power or shooting dudes is still fairly unimpressive compared to what other games have. Melee as well.

    I think my biggest problem is that the game doesn't flow well. You've got a lot of cool options but going from shooting someone to using a power just stops all motion, and the pause between animations is detaching as well.

    Second is that you can't really combo much. Like, use one power then melee the effected mobs, something like that

    I guarantee you, you'd notice an incredible difference between now and then if they worked on the seams some more. It's not the only problem, but it'll be a huge difference.

    steam_sig.png
    Steam ID: 76561198021298113
    Origin ID: SR71C_Blackbird

    Frei
  • FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    They are working on the seams. Have you jumped over a rail lately?

    "The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
    SpoitKashaar
  • LorkLork Registered User regular
    Now I know why they call it warfarm. 10 orokin cells to build a prime item, for some it's 15. Have fun farming survival on saturn or sargas ruk for hours.
    The secret to getting orokin cells is to farm Lephantis. Very high drop rates from all three of the sub-bosses and one from the final boss; I always get at least 2 per run, sometimes more. Of course, that means doing Orokin Derelict assassinations and all that goes along with that, but it's still way faster than the alternatives.
    They are working on the seams. Have you jumped over a rail lately?
    Yes, it's unbelievably awful. Now if you try to jump while anywhere near a railing your guy will lurch forward uncontrollably and jump down the other side. It even makes all the old parkour shortcuts more of a pain in the ass, because now you have to worry about your character hopping over the ledges and straight down instead of sailing over it like you intended if you press jump a split second too late. It seems like the only testing they do is a simple "does it compile? Yes/No" before pushing something to the live game.

    Steam Profile: Lork
    Blackbird SR-71C
This discussion has been closed.