As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Almost Human] iBrobots, Toy Giraffes, Bioprinters, & Episodes Airing Out Of Order...

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    RedTide wrote: »
    Also as a character note, it seems like Dorian almost looks down on the other police synthetics which would make sense if you wanted something to act more human. We all got egos, they all got frequencies, he just thinks that theirs sucks.

You definately get the sense he views them the way John does, he showed more sympathy to the hooker bots. It makes sense though, I mean his series got decomissioned because they were successful (they had emotions so doing some of the shitty jobs they were asigned was probably not appreciated) and they were replaced by things that lack all kinds of basic human emotions specifically so they won't question orders.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    OMG, I didn't even realize that before!

EDIT: was in reference to the wooden eye pirate.

Gnome-Interruptus on
    steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    RedTide wrote: »
    Also as a character note, it seems like Dorian almost looks down on the other police synthetics which would make sense if you wanted something to act more human. We all got egos, they all got frequencies, he just thinks that theirs sucks.

yeah Dorian doesn't care for the MX units and thinks he's kind of above them

the only synthetics he saw as peers were the sexbots, he was visibly upset at seeing them killed and mangled and shit

i dig it!

as a character he's not impressed by intellect or strength or whatever, he connects on an emotional level and basically all his criticisms towards John are oriented around respect, empathy, and concern

Well and making fun of him. Reginald, ice fishing story.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    I loved that entire scene

Pony on
    I'm sad that the ultimate pairing of sassy androids and time lost demon hunters is going to be broken up soon and boring old following will come after Almost Human.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    I really love this show so far. For ~50 years in the future it take a pretty good look at technology moving forward, and then suddenly hitting singularity. Things like segways wouldnt change drastically, like cars dont change drastically. They improve internally battery wise and handling and durability and safety features. Looking at bionics now, his leg would probably be commonplace, and probably would be his skintone instead of "future material color"

steam_sig.png
  • ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    This is a great show.

To bad it'll most likely end up Firefly'd

I really love this show so far. For ~50 years in the future it take a pretty good look at technology moving forward, and then suddenly hitting singularity. Things like segways wouldnt change drastically, like cars dont change drastically. They improve internally battery wise and handling and durability and safety features. Looking at bionics now, his leg would probably be commonplace, and probably would be his skintone instead of "future material color"

Didn't you see last night it changed to his skin color when he attached it? Which makes sense in that his leg could be used for any person and just match skin tone.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited November 2013
    Preacher wrote: »

Didn't you see last night it changed to his skin color when he attached it? Which makes sense in that his leg could be used for any person and just match skin tone.

I retract my statement then! I thought it remained the old color in another episode when he had it on. Also cool because your skin tone changes with the seasons and with age. Ex-Yakuza who get prosthetic fingers have to get new ones as they age, and as seasons change so they match their skin tone and dont look out of place. There was a great documentary about a guy who makes prosthetic's and him donating time and fake fingers to help them get back on their feet in the real world.(missing fingers means not only were you in organized crime, it means you fucked up at organized crime, so noone wants to hire you).

DiannaoChong on
    steam_sig.png
    Yeah in the pilot episode he had it charging or whatever, so maybe that was the reason it didn't change to his skin tone/they decided to change it to make it easier on the effects department, but yeah last night the leg when it clicked in changed to urbans skin tone/real leg.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular

I retract my statement then! I thought it remained the old color in another episode when he had it on. Also cool because your skin tone changes with the seasons and with age. Ex-Yakuza who get prosthetic fingers have to get new ones as they age, and as seasons change so they match their skin tone and dont look out of place.

i think it stayed its default colour in the pilot episode when he refused to let it calibrate properly. they're obviously showing him better adjust to the prosthetic as he learns to accept Dorian as his partner.

• dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    so is this supposed to be the prequel to dredd?

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
    Nah John Kennex is a lot more awkward dealing with others than Judge Dredd. Clearly its a star trek prequel.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    Yeah in the pilot episode he had it charging or whatever, so maybe that was the reason it didn't change to his skin tone/they decided to change it to make it easier on the effects department, but yeah last night the leg when it clicked in changed to urbans skin tone/real leg.

Clearly stabbing it with a knife got the prosthetic to perform better.

see317 wrote: »

And Dorean was all ragging on him for it. Shows what that guy knows!

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Big DookieBig Dookie Smells great! Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    see317 wrote: »

And Dorean was all ragging on him for it. Shows what that guy knows!

More like Durr-ean, am I right?

Steam | Twitch
    Oculus: TheBigDookie | XBL: Dook | NNID: BigDookie
  • Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    Buttcleft wrote: »
    This is a great show.

They're already showing the episodes out of order. :(
    dlinfiniti wrote: »
    so is this supposed to be the prequel to dredd?

No.
    That's what fanfic is for.
    Nah John Kennex is a lot more awkward dealing with others than Judge Dredd. Clearly its a star trek prequel.

I disagree. He's nicer than Dredd ever was in Dredd. Judge Dredd gives no fucks.

edited November 2013
    And yet Dredd is still a better people person than Kennex!

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    i like dis show

it is fun

dorian is handsome also soulful also sexbots

obF2Wuw.png
  • SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    "Our" Dorian may not have gone to space, but I think his model did get up there before the recall.

sig.gif
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    I wonder when an Evil DRN will show up.

Will he go by Darren?

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Loren MichaelLoren Michael Registered User regular
    I was convinced about halfway through that the girl that the girl with the phone wanted to be with was a plant with a fakey face.

I don't know that anyone else had that thought, but I liked to be kept guessing. It was a solid episode.

a7iea7nzewtq.jpg
    I was convinced about halfway through that the girl that the girl with the phone wanted to be with was a plant with a fakey face.

I don't know that anyone else had that thought, but I liked to be kept guessing. It was a solid episode.

Yeah with
    face swappers, I fully expected a hostage to be one of the bad guys. Also I think that was their escape plan. I thought thats why they took the guy to the other room, so they could scan him to copy him and get out.

Put some people on the vtol and program a spot, then copy them and walk out with the hostages.

steam_sig.png
  • Loren MichaelLoren Michael Registered User regular
    Yeah, that was my thinking as well with the whole asking names thing. I actually like it unresolved though.

a7iea7nzewtq.jpg

I thought this too, especially with her getting a package.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    Man, who here wouldn't want that toy giraffe. That shit was so tight. Imagine if you could have a tiny rhino that could charge shit on your desk while you work. I would never get anything done.

steam_sig.png
  • DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular
    Little toy lions and little toy hyenas chasing each other around your desk...

Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
    Decomposey wrote: »
    Little toy lions and little toy hyenas chasing each other around your desk...

We could have The Lion King play out on our desks. Scar throwing Mufasa off of your monitor. "JERRY, THAT IS THE FIFTH FUCKING TIME I HAVE HEARD THEM SING HAKKUNA MATATA. TAP THEM ON THE HEAD AND GET BACK TO WORK"

steam_sig.png
  • iguanacusiguanacus Desert PlanetRegistered User regular
    Buttcleft wrote: »
    This is a great show.

They're already showing the episodes out of order. :(

Are they? Not according the wiki page, the production codes line up right.

I can see why someone might think the eps are out of order because in the pilot Dorean told Kennex about the olive oil, but it didn't come up again till the third episode. I take that just because Kennex is an asshole he waited to try and see if it would work.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    B-B-B-BENNYYYYYY

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    New Favorite Show. Between this and Sleepy Hollow it's been a good season for TV

are YOU on the beer list?
    Yeah Fox has a strong monday line up right now, which is what makes the return of the following soonish so sad. Oh well I'd rather they have justified seasons than supernatural.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • NoughtNought Registered User regular
    Man, I love this show so far.

Tried explaining it to a friend by calling it CSI:Dredd.

On fire
    Island. Being on fire.
  • Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    Dredd & Order: Synthetic Victims Unit

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    the guy who plays Dorian is really fantastic

he's got excellent comedic timing and really exudes the rational-but-deeply-sensitive-android vibe

the whole scene with the clippers and the Qtip had me rolling

• JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    I love this show

Watching it the other day made me want Karl Urban to play Shepard in the inevitable Mass Effect movie

• Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    Joolander wrote: »
    I love this show

Watching it the other day made me want Karl Urban to play Shepard in the inevitable Mass Effect movie

Karl Urban for Shepard. Karl Urban for Batman. Karl Urban for everybody!

• khainkhain Registered User regular
    the guy who plays Dorian is really fantastic

he's got excellent comedic timing and really exudes the rational-but-deeply-sensitive-android vibe

the whole scene with the clippers and the Qtip had me rolling

I agree. I really like him and Warren Kole on Common Law and was disappointed when it was cancelled. Nice to seem him get another, somewhat similar role.