As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Warframe - Thread killed by the Grinyu force. On to the next one!

• hatedinamericahatedinamerica Registered User regular
    I've found the new parkour system to be a huge improvement in nearly every way, actually. Can it be better? Of course. Literally everything in the universe could be better.

But I've been enjoying it immensely. It's not the just the rail thing, obviously. They totally changed the way pretty much all the climbing and wall-running stuff works. Now if you fly face first into a ledge, you can grab just by pressing forward. No sprint or jump buttons required, or anything. I think it's more intuitive. It has been for me, anyway.

And fewer hand cramps from trying to hold down all those buttons at once! :D

• Blackbird SR-71CBlackbird SR-71C Registered User regular
    They are working on the seams. Have you jumped over a rail lately?

Wow, are you kidding me? That is the WORST addition. Yeah, in a vacuum it would be fine, but there's so many gaps right behind rails. Sure, you can always walk around, but that's...boring. Jump down or take the stairs? I'd jump down. You still can, but you have to be careful to stay away from the fucking rails now.

steam_sig.png
    Steam ID: 76561198021298113
    Origin ID: SR71C_Blackbird

• FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Personally I haven't had any problems with the rail mechanic and I just like it more when my warframe actually uses a hand to propel itself over the rail like a real person would.

But my movement is more slidebased (both ground and airslide) than jumpbased (I only jump if there is a purpose in doing so, if I jump near a wall that means that I actually want to wallrun. If I jump near a rail then I want to go over it) so maybe that's it.

P.S: Also they seem to have removed the "If there is even a minimal outcrop in the way of your jump between you and that ledge (like a 1 inch thick pipe or something along the wall) you will headbump into it and not get up" problem, and if that has been fixed it's a huge improvement for me.

Fiendishrabbit on
    "The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • LorkLork Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Personally I haven't had any problems with the rail mechanic and I just like it more when my warframe actually uses a hand to propel itself over the rail like a real person would.

But my movement is more slidebased (both ground and airslide) than jumpbased (I only jump if there is a purpose in doing so, if I jump near a wall that means that I actually want to wallrun. If I jump near a rail then I want to go over it) so maybe that's it.

P.S: Also they seem to have removed the "If there is even a minimal outcrop in the way of your jump between you and that ledge (like a 1 inch thick pipe or something along the wall) you will headbump into it and not get up" problem has been fixed, and that's a huge improvement for me.
    There are several good reasons to jump while near a railing, including the ones listed in the three posts above yours. You might want to shoot something that is obstructed by the railing, or jump on top of it, or jump over it rather than climbing over it and dropping straight down. Those last two might not seem all that important to somebody who doesn't do much parkour, but for those who enjoy finding shortcuts and using the parkour systems to their full potential, it's obnoxious.

Lork on
    Steam Profile: Lork
    edited November 2013
    Lork wrote: »
    There are several good reasons to jump while near a railing, including the ones listed in the three posts above yours. You might want to shoot something that is obstructed by the railing, or jump on top of it, or jump over it rather than climbing over it and dropping straight down. That last one might not seem all that important to somebody who doesn't do much parkour, but for those who enjoy finding shortcuts and using the parkour systems to their full potential, it's obnoxious.

Uh. Who said I don't use parkour? Because I do. As in "getting from point A to B as fast as possible and using a minimum of excessive motion". As in parkour (as opposed to freerunning). I just don't do the jumping chicken.
    And the system allows all of that. Jumping on top of a rail, climbing over it, flying over it (with a one-hand touch off and actually getting a speedboost and equivalent distance). None of that is hard.

If you're going on top of a rail you need a bit of air in between you and the rail. Then you'll do a regular jump and land on top. Honestly I could manage without that, because firing a heavy recoil rifle on top of a rail is a feat I have yet to see linedancers perform, much less technocyte mutants encased in heavy armor.
    If you're going to boost over it for a long jump you need to apply a direction before you jump. A microsecond is enough. Move+Jump. Not Jump+Move.
    If you're going to drop over it, then jump when in contact with the rail (or stop applying movement as you contact the rail in mid jump) and the warframe will drop relatively close.

P.S: It's also possible to just jump over the rail by simply jumping over it without touching.

Fiendishrabbit on
    "The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    Lork wrote: »
    There are several good reasons to jump while near a railing, including the ones listed in the three posts above yours. You might want to shoot something that is obstructed by the railing, or jump on top of it, or jump over it rather than climbing over it and dropping straight down. That last one might not seem all that important to somebody who doesn't do much parkour, but for those who enjoy finding shortcuts and using the parkour systems to their full potential, it's obnoxious.

Uh. Who said I don't use parkour? Because I do. As in "getting from point A to B as fast as possible and using a minimum of excessive motion". As in parkour (as opposed to freerunning). I just don't do the jumping chicken.
    And the system allows all of that. Jumping on top of a rail, climbing over it, flying over it (with a one-hand touch off and actually getting a speedboost and equivalent distance). None of that is hard.

If you're going on top of a rail you need a bit of air in between you and the rail. Then you'll do a regular jump and land on top. Honestly I could manage without that, because firing a heavy recoil rifle on top of a rail is a feat I have yet to see linedancers perform, much less technocyte mutants encased in heavy armor.
    If you're going to boost over it for a long jump you need to apply a direction before you jump. A microsecond is enough. Move+Jump. Not Jump+Move.
    If you're going to drop over it, then jump when in contact with the rail (or stop applying movement as you contact the rail in mid jump) and the warframe will drop relatively close.

P.S: It's also possible to just jump over the rail by simply jumping over it without touching.
    Did you actually read the posts you're replying to? I said it was annoying, not impossible. Generally when a game takes control away from the player to do something that they didn't intend to do, that's considered a bad thing. But hey, if you think jumping over a railing should be a five step procedure, that's cool too. I'll continue to hope that they'll try to make the controls simple and elegant instead, though.

• VingleVingle Registered User regular
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    zllehs wrote: »
    Kashaar wrote: »
    zllehs wrote: »
    So talking to my friends on the PS4 and apparently I am the only person with an Aura mod

I have affinity amp but apparently this is a aura that was done away with on the PC side of things?

Is my having a affinity amp a mistake?
    Any other PS4 guys have a affinity amp or another aura mod?
    Where can i tell my friends to go find aura mod?

No idea what an affinity amp is, but there was a situation some time back where in development auras were available, and DE decided to let people keep them. Affinity amp sounds like one of them.

In general, auras are only available as event or alert mission rewards.

yea Affinity amp is that mod that they did away with but i have it on the PS4

but your answer clears it up for me
    only as rewards in alerts and events?
    random drops or boss killing reward?

250px-Warframe.x64_2013-10-30_22-22-24.png.jpg
    I don't know if this was answered, but you also get Aura mods as a reward for purchasing a Mod pack. If you got the pre-order or PS Plus free Mod pack, you may have received an Aura mod from that pack. They are quite useful (I have an almost useless Fire Resist aura mod, but it gives me a free extra point for my warframes, so it's cool).

AFAIK, that fire resist aura of yours is very valuable if sold/traded. Assuming you run into people who actually know of its value and existence, though. :P

Finally got the final vauban part I needed to complete the thing this morning. I think I'm still missing the Tesla mod card though.

• KashaarKashaar Low OrbitRegistered User regular
    Vingle wrote: »
    Finally got the final vauban part I needed to complete the thing this morning. I think I'm still missing the Tesla mod card though.

You get one copy of every ability mod card with the frame when it's completed, so there's no need to worry about finding it :)

Indie Dev Blog | Twitter | Steam
    Unreal Engine 4 Developers Community.

I'm working on a cute little video game! Here's a link for you.
  • NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    Beat the Venus boss. It's amazing how much easier it is when the rest of the group doesn't stand in the middle of the open

• NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    Question: where are Warframe slots in the PS4 in-game market? I see Warframe bundles and blueprints, but no extra slots.

Nightslyr wrote: »
    Question: where are Warframe slots in the PS4 in-game market? I see Warframe bundles and blueprints, but no extra slots.
    Check the inventory tab. You buy slots directly from the inventory rather than through the market.

• Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Hey, me and my friends got Party Chat to work on PS4. We opened a party while the game is running and shut off the in-game chat in the options. We set Chat Audio Priority to the Party in the Party screen, too. SO MUCH BETTER. Now the chatting isn't broken up by dropping squad or loading.

Hahnsoo1 on
    8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    Hey, me and my friends got Party Chat to work on PS4. We opened a party while the game is running and shut off the in-game chat in the options. We set Chat Audio Priority to the Party in the Party screen, too. SO MUCH BETTER. Now the chatting isn't broken up by dropping squad or loading.
    Added to the OP

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Top RateTop Rate Registered User regular
    edited November 2013

My bro and I played this last night... and the party chat never even was an issue. We made a PS4 party and played. Were people having issues with that? Does the in-game chat override the PS4 party chat somehow?

edit: Also just a big TY for the info posted on here, really cleared up many of the questions... I mean there are random youtube tutorials on getting started, but it's nice having a ton of text to read through after poking around clueless in the menus yesterday night.

Top Rate on
    Anybody see the pool? They flipped the bitch!
  • Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Top Rate wrote: »

My bro and I played this last night... and the party chat never even was an issue. We made a PS4 party and played. Were people having issues with that? Does the in-game chat override the PS4 party chat somehow?

edit: Also just a big TY for the info posted on here, really cleared up many of the questions... I mean there are random youtube tutorials on getting started, but it's nice having a ton of text to read through after poking around clueless in the menus yesterday night.
    At launch, you got a message that said "This game does not support Party chat" as a system level message. Maybe it got cleared up on Sony's side this past week? I have no idea. I'm SO glad it works now, though.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • ResIpsaLoquiturResIpsaLoquitur Not a grammar nazi, just alt-write. Registered User regular
    So the Starter and the Tenno packs on Steam are 50% off. Starter nets you 500 plat, some mods, and xp boosts; Tenno nets 1500 plat, more mods, and the xp boosts.

Compared to buying plat straight from the Warframe store, it's a heck of a deal.

It doesn't look like it's a daily or flash deal, so there's a (small) chance it'll go on even greater discount if the Steam sale does a Free-To-Play themed day.

League of Legends: MichaelDominick; Blizzard(NA): MichaelD#11402; Steam ID: MichaelDominick
    PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    They were 75% off during the summer sale, so it's not too big a stretch they'll hit that again.

• Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    Gram got a new look.

I guess I won't be confusing the inventory icon for the SR3 dildo bat anymore.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
    I kinda miss the ole dildo bat Gram though the new reskin does look cool.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • KashaarKashaar Low OrbitRegistered User regular
    edited November 2013
    TOGSolid wrote: »

If you miss the look, you can always just use the Plasma Sword, which still has it ;-) But now at least the two look different. I always thought it was weird that a longsword and a heavy sword which handle so differently had the same model...

In other news, you should all do that Favor for Darvo alert in Saturn. Still running for 1.5 days or so! Not only do you get a Forma BP for it, it's also hilarious because Darvo replaces Lotus as the mission guide :D Oh, and beware of the nasty surprise when you activate terminal three... make sure you bring high level gear and revives!

Kashaar on
    Indie Dev Blog | Twitter | Steam
    Unreal Engine 4 Developers Community.

I'm working on a cute little video game! Here's a link for you.
    edited November 2013

If you miss the look, you can always just use the Plasma Sword, which still has it ;-) But now at least the two look different. I always thought it was weird that a longsword and a heavy sword which handle so differently had the same model...

In other news, you should all do that Favor for Darvo alert in Saturn. Still running for 1.5 days or so! Not only do you get a Forma BP for it, it's also hilarious because Darvo replaces Lotus as the mission guide :D Oh, and beware of the nasty surprise when you activate terminal three... make sure you bring high level gear and revives!
    That was a really cool alert and I hope they keep doing stuff like that. Sure, it's just an alert but the feel of it made it a lot more interesting.

So I cracked Valkyr today. I had been leveling her and not liking her at all but figured out how to make her work. It came down to her being massively dependent on needing a very specific mod: Rage. Yeah, yeah, whodathunkit that the berserker would need Rage, right? Anyhoo, what will happen is that it'll keep your energy levels cranked allowing you to maintain uptime on your Hysteria power which is crucial to the class. While that's running your shields will recharge due to your invulnerable status but your energy will keep recharging thanks to Rage (I'm assuming this part is a bug but it makes her work so whatever). This means you can maintain your Warcry uptime, spam the shit out of Rip Line, and fire off Paralysis almost endlessly. With Equilibrium on the constant energy consumption will mean that any energy orbs you do pick up will help keep your health topped off. She can run solo high level survival and give precisely zero fucks the entire time with this setup.

Unfortunately, it highlights the big problem with the class and that is that no frame should be that dependent on having a very specific rare mod. Yes, certain mods will make frames that much better but this is just straight up dependency in Valkyr's case. She needs to be retooled to not rely on a gimmick in order to make her more accessible and fun.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • VingleVingle Registered User regular
    edited November 2013

Oh, and beware of the nasty surprise when you activate terminal three... make sure you bring high level gear and revives!

Thanks for telling me that 2 hours ago.

:(

Vingle on
  • MonkeyConQuesoMonkeyConQueso No more MH Claw Happy handsRegistered User regular
    Been playing on PC since my PS4 is out for repairs for...who knows how long. My PC looks better, has a smoother framerate, and hot damn is it easier to communicate than on the PS4...but for some reason I still like playing it on the console. Something about the fact that the controls feel more intuitive than keyboard, and also it's much more comfortable on the big screen. Yeah aiming isn't as quick compared to mouse (and I've never been a great console quick aim wiz), but damn if it doesn't just click with me.

That and also the progress I'm making on PC feels wasted since I've got warframes and weapons in progress on PS4.

I also see what people are complaining about with the auto rail grab. I'm used to not having that on the console that when I grab a rail it just breaks up my flow and feels weird.

PSN : Aubvry ;; WiiU/XBL/Steam : MonkeyConQueso ;; 3DS FC : 4553-9982-3786
    Destiny! : Warlock - Titan - Hunter
    Apparently Ember is getting retooled and it's almost ready to go live. We may be seeing her update in about a week but this may just be a forum rumor.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Apparently Ember is getting retooled and it's almost ready to go live. We may be seeing her update in about a week but this may just be a forum rumor.

Super worried that they're going to fuck up my Infestation farming frame, rather than make it better.

• SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Yeah, until the scaling starts getting stupid, she's actually not TOO bad against ancients right now

steam_sig.png
    At least fire damage doesn't eat shit against armor anymore. I just hope they do something to make her scale well without making her stupidly OP at low levels like Nova. I'd really like to see a system where power damage scales according to the level of the target you're shooting at.

wWuzwvJ.png
    She is pretty silly against non-scaled infested. Like, even on the infested missions on pluto, it's pretty much just a summer stroll as long as you have enough energy to use WoF

steam_sig.png
    edited November 2013
    I just took my Valkyr build into a level 50+ Infested alert. #1 damage done, #1 kills, #1 least damage taken, #1 melee, 0 deaths.

So yeah, that works. :D Another tip for her is to be sure to rock some sort of long range gun as her primary so that you can get kills until you have enough energy to start the Hysteria pain train.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    edited November 2013
    haha, so, the special alert from today.

when
    the stalker
    spawned, I didn't even realize it. i joined in on a laggy game and was happily punching away during hysteria, murdering everything when all the sudden I realized I was punching one thing for more than one hit. "what the fuck?" i thought, realized what it was, then finished it off before anyone else even noticed it being there.

Frei on
    Are you the magic man?
    So Rage is SUPER bugged but in a way that benefits us. It now triggers off of shield damage as well as health damage meaning until DE fixes this it's a must slot mod due to the buckets of energy it'll generate for you. Ever wanted to spam the ever loving fuck out of every power ever? Now you can!

wWuzwvJ.png
  • MrGrimoireMrGrimoire Pixflare Registered User regular
    I should probably get this reinstalled. About 2 months ago my computer died and it only came back from repairs now recently. As I'm pretty burnt out on BF4 I'm thinking I should get this running again since I've had tons of fun playing it.

And my dual revolvers should have finished manufacturing by now >.>

AKLEX! <3

• MrGrimoireMrGrimoire Pixflare Registered User regular
    So is the Necro frame any good? I read the skills and it seems like there's a few really cool ideas in there for necromancer-type stuff, but have anyone actually tried it? Is it fun? (Yes, I am mildly amused by the concept of hitting someone so hard their soul flies out the back of their skull to hurt their friends.)

MrGrimoire wrote: »
    So is the Necro frame any good? I read the skills and it seems like there's a few really cool ideas in there for necromancer-type stuff, but have anyone actually tried it? Is it fun? (Yes, I am mildly amused by the concept of hitting someone so hard their soul flies out the back of their skull to hurt their friends.)

@TOGSolid is a real Nekrosphiliac if I remember it right. Some others on this forum are less enthusiastic.
    Personally I like having a nekros on the team. His abilities are excellent for boosting access to loot as well as keeping a flank occupied with his dead minions.

• Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    so this seems like a pretty good deal, if you're going to spend some money on the game.

I'm gonna try to at least catch up a fair bit over this weekend so I can play with more people.

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
    edited November 2013

Yeah, I love having a nekros on the team, but actually playing one myself is uuuugh

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png

@TOGSolid is a real Nekrosphiliac if I remember it right. Some others on this forum are less enthusiastic.
    Personally I like having a nekros on the team. His abilities are excellent for boosting access to loot as well as keeping a flank occupied with his dead minions.

Yah, I really dig my Nekros. Soul Punch just straight up flattens the big single targets, Terrify is a great way CC skill, Desecrate is a hell of a money maker and the health orbs it generates make everyone's life easier, and his Ultimate is a great distraction however the AI for it is kinda wonky. If anything, that last bit is my biggest complaint about Nekros. His minions are kinda retarded but they are a good distraction.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • DeansDeans Registered User regular
    Yay got my Orthos! Already loving it despite its low level. Any recommendations for an early primary weapon that's good against Corpus? I can handle them pretty good with Sonar and rampant spin slashing but I'd still like to expand my arsenal.

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I run Fleeting Expertise, so the only powers I run on my Nekros are Soul Punch and Desecrate.

Soul Punch is okay for ragdolling, but the damage isn't super hot at high levels and the targeting can be kind of weird at times. I rarely use it at all though, honestly. Nekros is just my utility frame for creating more drops when needed. Which is still kind of a nice function.

This discussion has been closed.