As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

SECRET BOBCATS Discussion

• Little Miss RachelLittle Miss Rachel Geek Chick Before Geek Was Chic Idahoan ExileRegistered User regular
    Bobcat supplies acquired! Will ship start of next week, after I get back from attending mom's funeral. =/ (Apologies for the delay, but I hope it's understandable).

Related: if the Tube can hear me, and Its agent is just about to send me a bobcat...that agent might want to hold off a day or two, so it arrives next week. I don't think a bobcat would much enjoy spending the weekend sitting in the cold at my front door. =)

• aBByNormaLaBByNormaL Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Bobcat supplies acquired! Will ship start of next week, after I get back from attending mom's funeral. =/ (Apologies for the delay, but I hope it's understandable).

Related: if the Tube can hear me, and Its agent is just about to send me a bobcat...that agent might want to hold off a day or two, so it arrives next week. I don't think a bobcat would much enjoy spending the weekend sitting in the cold at my front door. =)

Sincerest condolences on your loss .... I don't think anyone would disagree with a delay in such circumstances.

As for the bobcat, the cold will only make it feistier !!!!

aBByNormaL on
    PAX East 2016 .... gots my Passes [x] Hotel [x] Flights [x] Packed [..] .... ok we're all good !!!!!
  • Little Miss RachelLittle Miss Rachel Geek Chick Before Geek Was Chic Idahoan ExileRegistered User regular
    aBByNormaL wrote: »
    As for the bobcat, the cold will only make it feistier !!!!

That's what I'm afraid of!

• cookiekrushcookiekrush Registered User regular
    Hmm, apparently my giftee package was given to the local post office, even though it was shipped UPS?

Pinny Pals - open to trading!
    Looking for Edith Finch Pin!
  • QuickSnapQuickSnap Professional Beard Grower Registered User regular
    Hmm, apparently my giftee package was given to the local post office, even though it was shipped UPS?

There's this wonderful thing known as UPS Surepost; it uses a UPS/USPS Hybrid label that looks like this usps_labels_row_old.jpg

A package will be shipped (usually as part of a bulk shipment) from a warehouse through UPS. Once arrived at the UPS Distribution center for a given area, the bulk shipment is broken down and sorted. Those sorted packages are then transferred to post office for local delivery.

Source: I spent 5 years working for a UPS Store and was present when they rolled this program out.

6rceun58332p.png
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    I think that calling anything that includes USPS wonderful is suspect ;)

zerzhul wrote: »
    I think that calling anything that includes USPS wonderful is suspect ;)

The idea was that it was to be for the customer's convenience; for returns, they could drop it off at a USPS box or UPS box.

But in general yes, I see your point.

6rceun58332p.png
  • purevalpureval Somersworth, NH Registered User regular
    I am rather frustrated right now. I ordered my giftee's bobcat last Friday. It was and is in stock. It still has not shipped even though the delivery estimate is tomorrow to Monday.

pureval wrote: »
    I am rather frustrated right now. I ordered my giftee's bobcat last Friday. It was and is in stock. It still has not shipped even though the delivery estimate is tomorrow to Monday.

Hmmm. I'll say this much: this time of year, with as many packages and parcels and gifts being sent here, there and everywhere, there are odd occasions where a package does not get scanned before it's shipped. It's rare, in my experience but it does happen. E.G. it'll be scanned once when it leaves, nothing in between (some five days or so) and then one scan that says it's out for delivery on it's due date.

My advice is to have a bit of patience. If it doesn't show up by EOD Monday, get in contact with somebody.

6rceun58332p.png
  • DashDDashD Dread Pirate Chef Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I have acquired 3/5ths of my giftee's bobcats. I am waiting on the arrival of one and will go purchase the other in the next few days. Then, will Ship All Bobcats!

"Brilliant! Oh wait, if we were meant to fly, we would have been born with little bags of nuts."
    PAX_Badge_Sig.png
    QuickSnap wrote: »

There's this wonderful thing known as UPS Surepost; it uses a UPS/USPS Hybrid label that looks like this usps_labels_row_old.jpg

A package will be shipped (usually as part of a bulk shipment) from a warehouse through UPS. Once arrived at the UPS Distribution center for a given area, the bulk shipment is broken down and sorted. Those sorted packages are then transferred to post office for local delivery.

Source: I spent 5 years working for a UPS Store and was present when they rolled this program out.

Thank you for clearing it up. I was like uhhh, what is this? I was going to freak out for a moment!

• SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
    You guys make me so happy!! I'm so glad everyone is having a good time finding gifts for their bobcats! :D

Just as a reminder though, please do not post anything BUT pictures of your received gifts in the other bobcat thread. I'm using it for tracking and if people start talking in there it starts to get very messy very quickly.

Thank you!! :D

"we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
    SmallLady wrote: »
    You guys make me so happy!! I'm so glad everyone is having a good time finding gifts for their bobcats! :D

Just as a reminder though, please do not post anything BUT pictures of your received gifts in the other bobcat thread. I'm using it for tracking and if people start talking in there it starts to get very messy very quickly.

Thank you!! :D

Our Bobcat Mistress is a harsh mistress. Practical, but harsh! (But that's why we <3 her.)

Sorry SmallLady, did not mean to cause you any additional headaches. :)

In good news my Bobcat is finally on the way to it's new home. I am learning a lot of new geography following the tracking.

edited November 2013
    Going to wait a little longer before I freak out if the bobcat didn't arrive... As the tracking states that the bobcat arrived on Thursday.. :s

cookiekrush on
    edited November 2013
    It's also possible that someone hasn't immediately posted the results.

zerzhul on
    zerzhul wrote: »
    It's also possible that someone hasn't immediately posted the results.

It's what I'm hoping! One time, I had a package stated it was delivered, and didn't make it to their actual location a few days later due to being delivered to the wrong place. Hope it's not the case here!

edited November 2013
    You know ... Bobcats can fly mine just proved it and like all cats it has landed safely enroute to its new home ... It has most assuredly left Canada and touched down in the US ... Won't be long now

P.S. apologies to my Bobcatee ... as I just realized I did not Christmas wrap the thing ... oh well ... !!!

UPDATE: 2013/11/25 06:04 Item has arrived at the delivery office in the destination country SOON BOBCATEE SOON !!!!

UPDATE: 2013/11/25 14:15 Item successfully delivered

aBByNormaL on
    PAX East 2016 .... gots my Passes [x] Hotel [x] Flights [x] Packed [..] .... ok we're all good !!!!!
  • MagicSwordKingMagicSwordKing | (• ◡•)|╯╰(❍ᴥ❍ʋ) PhiladelphiaRegistered User regular
    My bobcats are on their way to visit my bobcatee! I've never done anything quite like this before, I feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Kind of like a bobcat! I did have Amazon do the gift-wrapping and shipping, though, because I'm rubbish at them. It is not because I am lazy! I am simply incompetent! Take note!

Aperture Safety Personal Observation Tester for Aperture Testing and Observation, Honorary Alphanaut, Grandmaster of the Tychonian Guard, Chronicler of the House of Brahe, Senior Editor for Mustache News, Agent of O.S.P.R.E.Y., PAX COPS Detective Inspector, and PAX Tours Saboteur.

"I think he starts in reality and ends in fantasy."
    "No he starts in fantasy and ends in chaos."
    -Anonymous
  • zeromystzeromyst wat Registered User regular
    According to tracking, bobcat was successfully delivered on the 18th by Fedex Smartpost. Guess I should wait a bit longer before freaking out. :)

CRANK UP THE C. CRANK UP THE D.
    zeromyst wrote: »
    According to tracking, bobcat was successfully delivered on the 18th by Fedex Smartpost. Guess I should wait a bit longer before freaking out. :)

At least you waited a week. I started freaking in 3 days. LOL.

Guess a gentle reminder to post on receipt is in order ... if nothing but to give some piece of mind to the sender lol

Yeah it's a thing that people are always a little bad about. If it goes on for longer than 2 weeks, PM me with your person's name and I can poke them for you. Also hopefully it's not me, because I haven't received anything :P

• SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
    Actually, instead please email me if your giftee doesn't post within one week of tracking saying it has arrived. I'm tracking these things. :)

"we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
  • DashDDashD Dread Pirate Chef Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Teh bobcats are away! Should be arriving next Wednesday. (Silly Thanksgiving, delaying the bobcats.)

"Brilliant! Oh wait, if we were meant to fly, we would have been born with little bags of nuts."
    PAX_Badge_Sig.png
  • KirindalKirindal Registered User regular
    A mysterious gift has arrived...so very mysterious...

Gift Get post will be up as soon as I find that rascally camera.

@bubblegumnex that was from me. There was supposed to be a nice note included with it. Amazon is really screwing up in that department this season. Enjoy the books.

@bubblegumnex that was from me. There was supposed to be a nice note included with it. Amazon is really screwing up in that department this season. Enjoy the books.

I had the same thing happen to me last year. Irritating that the gift-related stuff would break down exactly when it is needed most.

• CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Apparently, my bobcat came in parts. I need to assemble it and have it activated before shipping it out to my Fill-In-The-Blank victim giftee. Hopefully by next week I will be able to do that.

The Girl Who Gave Everyone the Shortest Jenga Game Ever.
    @Kirindal .... glad you enjoyed it !!! That Punisher looks sweet, think I am going to have to go back and get me one. Living so far away I knew that just getting this there was going to be a challenge but I had immense fun in the adventure. Cheers.

• rileyperrileyper Registered User regular
    Bobcat gifts purchased and yet to receive them to send, I will be out of town tomorrow and all of next week so i will try to have it shipped out December 9

Pax Prime 2014 checklist: Accommodations[x] Travel [x] Time Off [x] BYOC [not attending :(]
    Pax South 2015 checklist: Accommodations[x] Travel [x] Time Off [ ] BYOC [x]
    Pax East 2015 checklist: Accommodations[ ] Travel [ ] Time Off [ ] BYOC [ ]
    fss.png
  • NullzoneNullzone Registered User regular
    The tracking elves are telling me that they attempted delivery on the 25th, but no updates since then; maybe it arrived but just hasn't been marked as such yet?

• bubblegumnexbubblegumnex Registered User regular

Awww laaame :/

But again, thanks man. I really appreciate it!

<@zerzhul&gt; bubblegumnex: you were so very fucked up
    <@zerzhul&gt; you win at twdt
    Bobcat away! Godspeed, you feisty little furball.

Awww laaame :/

But again, thanks man. I really appreciate it!
    I am just glad you like it. I have never really ordered or shipped internationally before. That was an experience.

Hey bobcat, just an FYI: I'm gonna be out of town with my family till Monday. So if something should show up and you don't see me post right away, that's why.

6rceun58332p.png
    @kropotkin Enjoy! I thought about getting them framed before sending as they really are lovely and deserve framing, but figured that would increase the damage risk exponentially. I was as spellbound as you were when I first saw those, just the best looking prints I've seen.

edited November 2013
    @nullzone ... Did you draw those ? (@kropotkin said you signed them) Wow those are excellent, well done.

aBByNormaL on
    That is some seriously exquisite art there Nullzone.

Nooo, I didn't draw them. They were definitely purchased from an etsy shop.

Haha I only wish I were so talented.

This discussion has been closed.