As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

MOTW 11/27/13: It's okay, costume. He didn't mean it.

TexiKenTexiKen Dammit!That fish really got me!Registered User regular
Infinity #6, Lockjaw earns a bone, and other less important stuff:
infinity6a_zpsae9e96dc.jpg

infinity6b_zpseb70c68a.jpg

infinity6c_zps78d76d3d.jpg

infinity6d_zps38c064b4.jpg

infinity6e_zps2c452f99.jpg

infinity6f_zps96c5b3b3.jpg

New Avengers #12, Miss Swan tell you everyting:

newavengers12b_zps6ff410d1.jpg

newavengers12c_zpsb8720b8c.jpg

newavengers12d_zps7e434e39.jpg

newavengers12e_zps3443bda0.jpg

Scarlet Spider #24, showing his poor Parker abilities, Kaine fails at Spider-quitting:
scarletspider24a_zps606c0e30.jpg

scarletspider24b_zps04d8b2fc.jpg

• TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Lockjaw and Maximus team-up book, I want it now

Maybe a buddy cop series
    Like Turner & Hooch in space

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Dang, if there was one writer who could do a true "End of the Marvel Universe" story justice it's Hickman.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    My moment of the week was seeing a certain detective pop up in Hawkeye 14.

noir_blood on
  • BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Who the heck was that guy, I felt like I was missing a reference

CYpGAPn.png
  • noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Who the heck was that guy, I felt like I was missing a reference

Raymond Chandler's Philip Marlow via the way of Robert Altman.

http://youtu.be/_u0uo0TxS-I?t=6m28s

• MetalMagusMetalMagus Too Serious Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Ok, I'm sorry. I know Hickman is trying to build up to some kind of meta-reality story about the inevitable end of all things and what we, as humans, are willing or not willing to do in the face of such terrifying and absolute finality.

But I cannot take this shit seriously when one of the imposing threats is from the God Damn Venture Brothers!
    VB218.jpg

MetalMagus on
  • wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    MetalMagus wrote: »
    Ok, I'm sorry. I know Hickman is trying to build up to some kind of meta-reality story about the inevitable end of all things and what we, as humans, are willing or not willing to do in the face of such terrifying and absolute finality.

But I cannot take this shit seriously when one of the imposing threats is from the God Damn Venture Brothers!
    VB218.jpg

Oh fuck now I can't unsee it.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote: »

VB218.jpg

Oh fuck now I can't unsee it.
    IGNORE THAT!!!

Quire.jpg
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited November 2013

VB218.jpg

Ignore that.

EDIT: Dammit nightmare :P

Undead Scottsman on
  • BullioBullio Registered User regular
    Black Science
    ltlmrD2.jpg
    Been greatly anticipating this book's release since it was announced. Worth the wait!

steam_sig.png
  • TairuTairu Registered User regular
    I don't have panels but Manifest Destiny was excellent

• BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    Wolverine and the X-Men Annual #1

Welcome home Kid Gladiator
    0ZCeeUA.jpg
    Kb0gkGz.jpg
    deRIbLp.jpg
    IIdr4px.jpg

Wolverine and the X-Men #38

Maria Hill sounds like every person who's ever told me they are intimidated by the thought of getting into X-Men comics.
    n4MKLXR.jpg

and more Kid Gladiator
    xvmQKS0.jpg
    L57iS06.jpg
    qY3WjTo.jpg

Uncanny Avengers #14
    Controversy aside, I found these last 2 pages a rather affecting and touching (albiet almost certainly temporary) goodbye to a couple of characters that I have often had a hard time caring much about.
    Vdd3ZNc.jpg
    z5kDmB4.jpg
    kgMpOBl.jpg
    IAqeDFh.jpg

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2013
    Balefuego wrote: »
    Uncanny Avengers #14
    Controversy aside, I found these last 2 pages a rather affecting and touching (albiet almost certainly temporary) goodbye to a couple of characters that I have often had a hard time caring much about.
    Vdd3ZNc.jpg
    z5kDmB4.jpg
    kgMpOBl.jpg
    IAqeDFh.jpg

Hmm, gettin' a Blackest Night vibe from that last line.
    I'm betting we see some resurrections. I hope they're not gross evil zombies though.

...or do I?

Golden Yak on
    H9f4bVe.png
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    I wonder if it might not
    Be Scarlet Witch reactivating everyone's X-gene rather than raising the dead. No More "No More Mutants."

• UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    I could swear I saw a preview with Jubilee using her sparkle powers recently, and Marrow looks to be repowered and then some (metal instead of bone) in the teaser for the new X-Force

• BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    I wonder if it might not
    Be Scarlet Witch reactivating everyone's X-gene rather than raising the dead. No More "No More Mutants."
    Well what she's supposed to be doing is literally summoning every single mutant on earth. The Apocalypse Twins want her to bring them all to thier ark so they can live there away from humanity, what she and Simon were actually planning to do was summon them as an army to defeat them.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    It's really hard not to sympathize with Maria Hill's position there.

Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    I dunno, man

It's not like SHIELD haven't acted like a bunch of shits that fuck everything up all the time in the past

Plus they never like anything they can't control.

SHIELD is a bunch of assholes but her point of the X-Men routinely doing absolutely world-threatening insane stuff all the time in their insular society without giving other people the heads up being terrifying is completely legitimate.

At least the Avengers typically let people know when shit is going down.

CYpGAPn.png
  • PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    SHIELD is a bunch of assholes but her point of the X-Men routinely doing absolutely world-threatening insane stuff all the time in their insular society without giving other people the heads up being terrifying is completely legitimate.

Nah. SHIELD and Maria Hill are pretty much asshole morons on this one.

If you have problems with the X-Men, start a SHIELD mutant squad. By relying on Sentinels you are not only employing what is pretty much a symbol of genocide guaranteed to start a wider conflict, you are also employing weapons that SHIELD must know at this point basically go rogue and destroy humanity in three out of four X-futures.

It's basically the kind of needlessly aggressive, self-defeating provocation that Hill specializes in.

edited December 2013

If you have problems with the X-Men, start a SHIELD mutant squad. By relying on Sentinels you are not only employing what is pretty much a symbol of genocide guaranteed to start a wider conflict, you are also employing weapons that SHIELD must know at this point basically go rogue and destroy humanity in three out of four X-futures.

It's basically the kind of needlessly aggressive, self-defeating provocation that Hill specializes in.
    Except she hired Dazzler as a mutant liason for this exact reason and is totally open to stronger SHIELD-Mutant relations?

SHIELD had no intention of ever deploying those Sentinels without reason, the only reason Logan and Scott know about them is because Future Jean hijacked their weapons systems. It is kind of a dick move, but at the end of the day SHIELD is an international peacekeeping force and being equipped to handle any possible threats is to be expected. Is this any different than having, say, a fleet of adaptoids to combat a rogue Avengers team?

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    And Dazzler isn't helping the situation now but instead escalating it because.... well, she isn't actually Dazzler right now.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Dizzy DDizzy D NetherlandsRegistered User regular

Except she hired Dazzler as a mutant liason for this exact reason and is totally open to stronger SHIELD-Mutant relations?

SHIELD had no intention of ever deploying those Sentinels without reason, the only reason Logan and Scott know about them is because Future Jean hijacked their weapons systems. It is kind of a dick move, but at the end of the day SHIELD is an international peacekeeping force and being equipped to handle any possible threats is to be expected. Is this any different than having, say, a fleet of adaptoids to combat a rogue Avengers team?

Adaptoids haven't wiped out a whole nation of Avengers. Post-Genosha, a bit of tact would not be out of place.

Steam/Origin: davydizzy
    And Dazzler isn't helping the situation now but instead escalating it because.... well, she isn't actually Dazzler right now.
    Yeah but SHIELD isn't aware of that so it can't be held against them.

As for the tact, yeah it would probably help but it doesn't invalidate Hill's argument.

CYpGAPn.png
  • GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    If you have problems with the X-Men, start a SHIELD mutant squad.

Why would they do that if their entire beef with mutants is that they are erratic, untrustworthy, and constantly pursuing their own dangerous agendas without bringing anyone else in the loop?

Gaslight on
  • ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    SHIELD today is also a different beast than it was years before. I mean, it depends on how the writer is using them these days but Sentinel-tech would make for a relatively quick backup plan for an organization that's still kind of shaky.

The drain of raw talent from the SHIELD ranks probably means they have to go with whatever solutions they can afford or implement, at least until they can draw up better contingencies.