As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Warframe - Thread killed by the Grinyu force. On to the next one!

• Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    Deans wrote: »
    Yay got my Orthos! Already loving it despite its low level. Any recommendations for an early primary weapon that's good against Corpus? I can handle them pretty good with Sonar and rampant spin slashing but I'd still like to expand my arsenal.

The Braton is OK. The Strun is very effective against corpus, but it requires Mastery Rank 1 and it has a fairly short effective range. At rank 3 you get the Vectis (which simply overkills most things) and at Rank 4 you gain access to the Sobek which is has a tighter spread than the Strun and provides the pleasure of automatic shotgun fire.

Although a Braton with some sort of electric damage mod (or electric derivative like Magnetic) and you'll be fine against corpus.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    DeansDeans Registered User regular
    Yay got my Orthos! Already loving it despite its low level. Any recommendations for an early primary weapon that's good against Corpus? I can handle them pretty good with Sonar and rampant spin slashing but I'd still like to expand my arsenal.

The Braton is OK. The Strun is very effective against corpus, but it requires Mastery Rank 1 and it has a fairly short effective range. At rank 3 you get the Vectis (which simply overkills most things) and at Rank 4 you gain access to the Sobek which is has a tighter spread than the Strun and provides the pleasure of automatic shotgun fire.

Although a Braton with some sort of electric damage mod (or electric derivative like Magnetic) and you'll be fine against corpus.

I'm almost done with Venus so I guess I'll just save up for a Lex and hope for some elemental damage mods. When I tried to fight the Jackal a Valkyr killed it solo in a few seconds so no need to worry about that!

Anyone else have trouble with buggy bosses? Almost every time I fight a boss I get connection issues that prevent me from damaging it or doors that won't open. Pretty annoying.

• Options
    Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    Well, it's a 'beta' so bugs are to be expected. Some haven't been fixed for months

• Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    Magus` wrote: »
    Well, it's a 'beta' so bugs are to be expected. Some haven't been fixed for months

Considering the rate that the devs hotfix things if something is still bugged then chances are it's a legitimate motherfucker to fix so this is one of the rare games I tend to cut the devs a good amount of slack.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    KashaarKashaar Low OrbitRegistered User regular
    TOGSolid wrote: »

Considering the rate that the devs hotfix things if something is still bugged then chances are it's a legitimate motherfucker to fix so this is one of the rare games I tend to cut the devs a good amount of slack.

That, or it's just not been reported. I've had out happen a few times that an issue that annoyed me for a while went away in the next patch after I finally reported it. That could just be coincidence of course ;) Report bugs! Help your friendly neighborhood developers :)

Indie Dev Blog | Twitter | Steam
    Unreal Engine 4 Developers Community.

I'm working on a cute little video game! Here's a link for you.
  • Options
    Seriously, if you bitch about bugs but don't report them then you've got no room to complain.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    The one bug that persists and I have no idea why is the fact that 80% or so of the fusion cores don't drop. You can get them from mod packs, so I know they're in 'the system' but most of the time it's Common 3, Uncommon 5 with a lucky Rare 5 here or there.

• Options
    Common 1 and Common 2s drop from very low level enemies. But beyond that it's pretty much only 3 usual.
    Is that really a problem? Are there more powerful cores that don't drop?

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Well, rare 10s from before the mod system

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Another hotfix got released today:
    https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/139996-hotfix-1111/
    - Anti Moa's now drop Pathogen Mods
    - Fixed Survival mode enemy levels increasing at an astronomic rate.
    - Fixed Valkyr's Warcry not slowing enemies down more at higher levels
    - Fixed Alad V being too weak to Valkyr’s Ripline.
    - Fixed issues with Orokin Void and Derelict capture rooms causing a game hang.
    - Fixed Ember Prime missing her "prime effect" in the Void.
    - Fixed Rage mod activating when shield-only damage is received
    - Fixed "Power In Use" occurring when using Trinity's Energy Vampire
    - Fixed some of Darvo's transmissions not playing during alert mission
    - Fixed "select a node" hint appearing when playing key-based missions
    - Fixed Solar Map progress including event and PVP nodes, resulting in incorrect progress “X/239”.
    - Fixed being able to scroll and element underneath the social menu when the Social Menu’s context menu is open.
    - Fixed gas, viral, and corrosive melee fx on non-Tenno weapons causing performance issues.
    - Various crash fixes
    Nuts, now I have to figure out a different build for Valkyr.
    The one bug that persists and I have no idea why is the fact that 80% or so of the fusion cores don't drop. You can get them from mod packs, so I know they're in 'the system' but most of the time it's Common 3, Uncommon 5 with a lucky Rare 5 here or there.

Eh, this one has never bothered me because all three rarities drop frequently enough that I've never had issues using fusion cores to level mods up.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I'm sort of a fringe case, but I suspect it would cost multiple millions of credits to actually use all my fusion cores.

• Options
    Blackbird SR-71CBlackbird SR-71C Registered User regular
    Built Mag Prime.

You know what rhymes with Mag Prime?

"Redesign."

God almighty, is that thing fucking ugly! It takes some serious eye problems to approve of that design.
    Yes, I am aware that any Prime frame rhymes with redesign.

Unrelated, her pull is kinda really op now to the point where it's no more fun to use. Ah well, I'm sure they're working on it. In the meantime I can enjoy using all my other frames since none of them is bad now after U11.

steam_sig.png
    Steam ID: 76561198021298113
    Origin ID: SR71C_Blackbird

• Options
    FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    check out Elara on Jupiter if you're looking for Pathogen Rounds. tons of anti-moas. got mine the first run through there.

Are you the magic man?
  • Options
    MrGrimoireMrGrimoire Pixflare Registered User regular
    What are the NAV something or others I keep stumbling into? Seeing as I've so far has been unable to find a way to throw them at my enemies for massive damage, I assume they're meant for something almost important?

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    MrGrimoire wrote: »
    What are the NAV something or others I keep stumbling into? Seeing as I've so far has been unable to find a way to throw them at my enemies for massive damage, I assume they're meant for something almost important?

You can craft them into Derelict keys, look in the Equipment section of the market.

• Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    Just finished crafting a Volt and Ash, Valkyr should be done by tomorrow.

I think I have a problem.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    edited November 2013

Yeah, you need more frames. :)

SkutSkut on
  • Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    SkutSkut wrote: »

Yeah, you need more frames. :)
    I'm running out.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    I have an Ember in the oven. Have Ash, Volt, Rhino, Excalibur, Valkyr, and Vauban at 30. I'm not even sure which one's my favorite. Probably Volt.

Are you the magic man?
  • Options
    AngryPuppyAngryPuppy Registered User regular
    So I've never really played this but I did grab a starter pack at 75% off during a steam sale for some reason. I'm thinking of getting into it on the PS4 and as far as I'm aware you can transfer/copy your account over except for platinum. However if I spent the platinum before copying my account the items would come with right? Any recommendations what a complete newbie should spend 500 plat on?

PSN: AngryPuppyEsq
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    If you haven't already chosen a starter frame, get mag, and then buy excalibur, loki, and volt for 75 each (225 there). Also, get a sentinel for another 75, I personally like carrier the best, but dethcube kills stuff good and shade is great for it's utility in making you invisible.

Not sure if plat-bought weapons have a mastery lockout like their crafted counterparts, but they're pretty overpriced anyway, so if they'd transfer, I'd spend the rest on slots or orokin catalysts/reactors. Or maybe vauban, since he's a pain to farm and actually useful (unlike banshee who is just as annoying and not so useful)

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    You will all bow to the power of Frost Prime.

I can't wait until all the Prime models are out and they make like Frost Wraith or Vandal or whatever.

• Options

You have a problem?

warframe-pokeframes.gif

• Options
    zllehszllehs Hiding in a box, waiting to strike.Registered User regular
    Raiden333 wrote: »
    so this seems like a pretty good deal, if you're going to spend some money on the game.

I'm gonna try to at least catch up a fair bit over this weekend so I can play with more people.

Fuck I'd buy like 2 of those if it were available for the ps4 right now...

• Options
    Kashaar wrote: »

You have a problem?

Yes. You're obviously missing two prime frames. I'll call that a problem :P

• Options
    edited November 2013
    Any fans of the Miter in here?

I'm about to reach Ranks 4 on the PS4 and just reached level 30 with my strun... so im looking for a new weapon

Also is there anything to do with a weapon or warframe after level 30?

zllehs on
  • Options
    Just noticed that the Aklex has 20% crit chance and 200% crit damage (compared to 15%/150% for the normal Lex). That makes it, by far, the pistol most suited towards a crit build, and with maxed mods you'll end up with 44% crit chance and 320% multiplier. Acceptable I think for its RoF (slower than most other semi-autos, but definitely faster than a shotgun or sniperrifle).
    Which makes this gun a very good candidate for Forma treatment (or you won't be able to fit half of what you want).

• Options
    DeansDeans Registered User regular
    zllehs wrote: »

I'm about to reach Ranks 4 on the PS4 and just reached level 30 with my strun...

You can use a Forma to reset a rank 30 warframe or weapon to rank 0 while changing the polarity of a mod slot to whatever you want. Sounds pretty crazy to me, but I suppose it lets you min/max like whoa.

• Options
    edited November 2013
    zllehs wrote: »

I'm about to reach Ranks 4 on the PS4 and just reached level 30 with my strun...

You can use a Forma to reset a rank 30 warframe or weapon to rank 0 while changing the polarity of a mod slot to whatever you want. Sounds pretty crazy to me, but I suppose it lets you min/max like whoa.

It does, but it's really not worth bothering with until you've got a couple of useful mods approaching their max levels. Until then, you should be able to fit most of the mods you want! :)

Kashaar on

• Options
    Did they change the Lecta in the last patch? At least it feels a lot easier to hit with now.

• Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    Hey so, in the shop right now there's the super bundle which gives you a blue tater, gold tater, forma, 7 day affinity and credit booster, a warframe and weapon slot and it's half off for 110 plat. The Forma, Catalyst(blue tater), Reactor(gold tater), and slots are 100 alone, so if you have the platinum (which is half off for Black Friday) and need those things, it's a pretty good deal.

• Options
    edited November 2013
    Yeah, that's actually worth getting. If any of you have plat to burn you should jump on that deal.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    Bought Darvos Deal twice. Still havr 400 something Platinum left. Great deal! I wish they knew that they'd be making a ton more sales if the warframe/weapon prices were reasonable as well.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    I think they keep the prices up since it's really not hard to go and farm all this stuff (with a couple glaring exceptions like Banshee) and it keeps people wanting to play rather than just shortcutting everything for a few bucks. Tbh, I think their real money makers are the little things like Forma, slots, potatoes, etc.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    I don't know about forma. There aren't a ton of guns that you really want to go at it all over again (so at least I have managed to keep a neat little stack of 'em without resorting to platinum). But potatoes is like 80% of my platinum budget.

Fiendishrabbit on
  • Options
    I don't know about forma. There aren't a ton of guns that you really want to go at it all over again (so at least I have managed to keep a neat little stack of 'em without resorting to platinum). But potatoes is like 80% of my platinum budget.

But some people go all out, and Forma the same weapon 8 times... I guess it depends on your usage patterns.

Then again Forma aren't that hard to come by through regular play either.

• Options
    MrGrimoireMrGrimoire Pixflare Registered User regular
    At some point I will have formaed my Ash and Hek multiple times. There's lots of stuff to fit and nowhere near enough points.

• Options
    I don't use forma. Not out of principle though. Levelling up a weapon once is good, getting to know it, getting a feel for which mods work good with it and which don't.

Levelling it up again just because, as in "because it keeps you playing and ultimately that's all we're interested in" is complet fucking bullshit. I should be able to change my polarity without having to level the weapon up again. That, or make it so formaing also adds additional bonuses. Or mastery ranks. Anything but THIS.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    So has nobody tried the Miter?

It looks really cool

Will I be the first in here?

• Options
    Some weapons you do need to forma up though, since every bit of extra performance can be the difference between winning and losing. Especially when you go after those Tier III Survival reward mods.

Overall, my policy on Forma-ing is that if it's not a joy to replay 30 ranks with that weapon/warframe, then it's not good enough to forma.

This discussion has been closed.