As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Did somebody say yoga? GTA V. Join Fancy Fellows and play online.

• Ashaman42Ashaman42 Registered User regular
    Ah, started playing GTA V just with a local account as hadn't hooked it up to the internet yet. Now I've made an xbox live profile the game is starting from scratch, is there a way to merge the two accounts or transfer the save over?

• PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
  • TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    That is incredible.

I think I'm in the mood for some Fancy Fellows adventures tonight.

edited November 2013
    Right then 360 folk, my gamertag as it stands is CalmAardvark96. If anyone would like to add me that'd be ace. Not yet a member of the Fancy Fellows as haven't heard back from #pipe but hope to be soon. Saying that I've only got 48 hours of Gold membership at the moment, I doalso have a 14day trial to use but that might be best to wait till I've finished a Uni assignment.

I warn you though I'm not very good at shooting or driving :)

Oh and I'm in the UK so that'll obviously affect what times I'll be on.

Ashaman42 on
    Right, so it turns out #pipe can't get onto the Social Club for some reason. Would one of the Lieutenants be able to respond to the invite request I sent via the Social Club site when they get a sec?

My gta name is CalmAardvark.

Cheers.

• WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    done

Cheers Weaver.

Do the majority of you play free aim or what? I use the classic GTA aiming in single player but can change if that means more likely to play with SEFFers.

• Lord HomsarLord Homsar Lord of Hammers Registered User regular
    So, I am going to be without Live until next week, so no GTAs for me...

steam_sig.png
  • Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    HEY

The Beach Bum free dlc pack is out. It has four free vehicles, including a boat, dune buggy, suv and goofy van, new weapons, new missions, new clothes hair and tats, and so on. Get that shit

• webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Buddy of mine just loaned me this game and holy shit it is good. I did not like 4, so this is a huge step in the right direction. Reminds me of the best parts of San Andreas, and just builds on it. Pretty much played all weekend and am now in the planning stages for the 2nd heist.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Oh neat, the latest patch added in images for the in-game websites where you buy vehicles.

• DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    I wish I could buy letterman jackets, like the ones Franklin wears, in GTA Online, or camo pants like Trevor wears, or make my avatar look as good as Mike does in a suit. The clothing in Online continues to be really disappointing.

• Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    You can wear a neon tank top under a blue suit.

Alright, so what I've noticed with the latest update

- They've fixed the bugs where my TV was stuck on spectate mode (I'd forgotten security cameras were a feature) and where it would cycle through my SMGs when I died.
    - There's some good accessories for ladies with these new clothes, not really interested in the bikinis and short shorts, however, a Parrot Shirt is available which made me so happy.
    - I don't know if Pier Deathmatch was a thing before but at night it is gorgeous.
    - The van you get for free is cumbersome, but when you buy it you get to choose from several decals (I went with shark, natch).

• mullymully Registered User regular
    Been playing this game quite a bit, Woo. Here is a doodle of my experience.

2A59DYr.png

I HATE TREVOR SO MUCH YOU GUYS

except he speaks really well
    i wasn't expecting to like his bloody dialogue

• Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    Trevor is awful

But you can't help but like him at times

At other times you wish you could kill him

• TubeTube Registered User admin
    Do his rampage missions

In his first rampage mission, I just .. I just sucked at it. Haha. I should practice some more.

Okay I figured out who he's reminding me of.

BEETLEJUICE. The Michael Keaton one.

And him running around with Ron reminds me of the evil dog & his stupid sidekick from All Dogs Go To Heaven.

• PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    They dropped the price of ordering my plane to $200, so I'm crashing them all over the place now.

Trevor's rampages are a lot of fun. And the hit-or-miss writing mostly hits with them.

It's only a SLIGHT ACCENT!

• AwkoAwko About to poison the waterhole.Registered User regular
    Just did a bar crawl with Lamar.

His drunken wisdom is wonderful

Nah, Rockstar's never been the target of public legal action.

• TubeTube Registered User admin
    If Yvonne Strahovski was suing, they might be in trouble, but no fucking way is that Lindsay Lohan. Not on her best day.

It can't be the cell-phone lady (although I've never taken drugs so who knows what's going through her mind), it's more likely one of the paparazzi missions.

In other news, I'm disappointed that even with a bunch of free beach clothes people are still boring with their outfits. I stick out like a sore thumb with my parrot shirt/my all-pink get-up because everyone else just wears a plain shirt under their body armour.

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    If Yvonne Strahovski was suing, they might be in trouble, but no fucking way is that Lindsay Lohan. Not on her best day.

http://www.nowgamer.com/news/1692068/gta_5_shelby_welinder_confirms_shes_blonde_girl_in_artwork.html

There are two missions that are supposed to be modelled around Lindsay's life, the escaping paparazzi one and the photographing a red-headed actor one.

• PonyPony Registered User regular
    The paparazzi missions made me feel like the game was insulting me for playing its content. I kept doing them thinking there would be some kind of come uppance or point to it but instead what I got was some Mark Millar "this is my face when I'm fucking you in the ass" bullshit.

Paparazzi mission spoilers
    Franklin got off to a good start by telling that dude that a person's sexuality shouldn't be a big deal, but then he gets swept along anyway to do a bunch of awful things and it cheapens his character. And of course it's one of those hi-larious mission lines where you never get paid because satire, and then you just kill the guy at the end in an incredibly flaccid conclusion.

I dunno, the guy gave you a bike and then I ran him over and splattered him all over. And the missions were fun, who gives a shit if they're awful things? It's a game about being awful

• PonyPony Registered User regular
    I dunno, the guy gave you a bike and then I ran him over and splattered him all over. And the missions were fun, who gives a shit if they're awful things? It's a game about being awful

nah i don't buy this argument like at all

I don't buy your face at all.

In all seriousness though, and I'm not trying to attack you or anybody else here, but the argument that the game is disappointing (or certain mission strings are disappointing) because you aren't rewarded properly seems kind of ludicrous to me. The missions themselves are why you are playing. Another forum I dabble on had a lot of folks complaining about the Devin Weston missions and not being rewarded properly for stealing those cars. Maybe I'm an outlier here but sneaking onto a studio lot, pretending to be black James Bond, running over a gaffer, then escaping in a spy car while dropping thumbtacks to blow up the tires of my pursuers? That was pretty fun and if I didn't get any digital funbucks as a reward, I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.

Of course there's nothing wrong with feeling differently, I just don't get that mindset. The missions are why I'm playing the game, not the promise of making lots of (fake) money or whatever.

• the cheatthe cheat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    there's quite a few missions where you get stiffed, it's kind of annoying.

tKfL2Yd.png?1
    No, I know that there are. I guess it just doesn't really bother me.

Pony wrote: »
    The paparazzi missions made me feel like the game was insulting me for playing its content. I kept doing them thinking there would be some kind of come uppance or point to it but instead what I got was some Mark Millar "this is my face when I'm fucking you in the ass" bullshit.

There are a lot of good parts in the game, overall, I haven't finished it-- I'm getting ready for what I think is the final heist, but yeah, there is some juvenile shit and some heinous shit in the game. Some of the things really cheapen the whole package quite a bit, because Rockstar's satire is sloppy and uneven and it doesn't really have any real perspective or message that I can find.

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Rockstar's satire is pure nihilism and I hate it

I didn't hate it until GTAV came out and now I hate it hate it hate it hate it

I need some message that the world isn't totally fucked and we can all be good people

If I wanted to hear that stuff I would turn on the actual news

That's why I'm playing video games

6F32U1X.png
    I didn't really explain my thoughts on this clearly, let me take a step back.

General spoilers for the game
    Overall I didn't over-spend so none of my characters were broke at any point, and yeah, most of the missions were quite fun. My larger problem is that I didn't like the direction the game took. The first heist is an incredible set-up and I was excited for a game where you would be your own boss, rather than previous GTAs where you were either doing favours or being strung along by assholes.

And directly after that heist the FIB mosey on in and after the Trevor introduction the FIB play a major role in the game. Yes, several of their missions are cool, but the heists take a back seat and I wish that wasn't the case. And when they do pop up they're not as fleshed out as the original heist until very late in the game (but I loved Trevor's botched heist).

The lack of pay for doing all this work for the FIB made me that much more annoyed when the photographer and the dude you're stealing cars for stiff you, because it's become a running joke at this point. The paparazzi stuff I hate more because I don't find those missions fun at all, the car stealing I will admit had a very cool set of missions, but I knew, I knew, that I was going to be stiffed. I don't need a cash deposit after every mission but even unlocking those outfits after you've used them rather than in the post-game would have made me happier.

I'm not saying Rockstar are objectively wrong for the direction they took, I just really wanted it to go a different way.

And yeah, the satire can be summed up as a defeatist 'Boy things sure are shit', which drags me down.