As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Warframe - Thread killed by the Grinyu force. On to the next one!

• Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    edited November 2013
    zllehs wrote: »
    So has nobody tried the Miter?

It looks really cool

Will I be the first in here?

I have a Miter but haven't tried it after Damage 2.0. Before D2.0 it was kinda hilarious though not very good at high level content. I've been meaning to pull it back out of storage and give it a go again.
    Some weapons you do need to forma up though, since every bit of extra performance can be the difference between winning and losing. Especially when you go after those Tier III Survival reward mods.

Overall, my policy on Forma-ing is that if it's not a joy to replay 30 ranks with that weapon/warframe, then it's not good enough to forma.
    Having a Nekros makes speed leveling weapons pretty trivial. Just go hang out in a few survival missions and you'll be good to go.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    And the hotfix dance continues!
    Hotfix 11.1.2

Changes:

- A lot of players have expressed that the “15 minute mark” reward tier is often the most desirable for Survival missions. Changes have been made to Survival Reward tiers reward logic to reflect this feedback. We now cycle more efficiently through these tiers to ensure more reward variety.

Supplementary info: Before, there would be a limited amount of chances to get rewards within certain tiers as the mission time progressed. Now, with the tier cycling, this means after the 20 minute mark you will have more chances to earn rewards from all tiers.

- Changed tooltip “View Warframe Profile” to “Profile”.

- Tweaked Contact to delay showing you the in-session icon until the session details are available and you can attempt to join them

Fixes:

- Nyx’s Absorb will now go affect enemies behind walls or cover.

- Fixed Nyx’s absorb not doing damage to Infested Crawlers and Chargers.

- Fixed issues with whisper awareness while in game. Incoming private messages are now shown in squad chat as well as in their own tab.

- Fixed Volt Chassis dropping instead of Volt Chassis Blueprint.

- Fixed Grineer sawblade residing in the heads of the Anti Moa. We know the Corpus are trying to save money wherever possible, but their imports of Grineer Parts has caused them much embarrassment.

- Fixed Valkyr’s Warcry being permanent on enemies.

- Fixed Soul Punch not ragdolling enemies.

- Fixed issues with only Hellions and Eviscerators spawning on Phobos Survivals.

- Fixed issues where “Ceiling Fish” would occur in Dojo. This marks the end of Ceiling Fish’s times of horseplay.

- Fixed issue where users Keys would not show up in menu if the game suffered very low frame-rate.

- Fixed issues with Vauban’s Vortex causing crashes when dealing damage.

- Fixed enemies being stationary on Xini.

- Fixed issues where equipping 2 mod cards with same elemental damage messes up the compound types created

- Fixed issues where enemies would not ragdoll for Clients.

- Improvements to issues with in-game chat. Progress ongoing.

Are you experiencing crashes or other game-breaking issues like freezes or hangs? Please visit our support.warframe.com desk for assistance. Making a ticket with your

EE.log (found in \%localappdata%\Warframe) after an issue has occurred
    AND filling out the automatic crash handler if a crash occurs

will greatly assist us.

Thank you.
    Hotfix 11.1.3:

- Fixed Codex screen becoming unresponsive when attempting to view melee weapons.
    - Fixed melee Proficiency and Mastery Achievements not being awarded.
    - Fixed "Angel of Death" and “The Right Tool for the Job” Achievements not being awarded.
    - Fixed Corpus Crewman not spawning in high level Defense and Survival missions.
    - Fixed Orokin Void/Derelict missions failing to launch if new host was elected at the end of the countdown.
    - Fixed Stalker spawning during defense mission “leave/continue” dialog.
    - Fixed issues with Turkish chat characters.
    - Fixed "Invite" button on the solar map not directing the player to the friends tab of the Social Menu.
    - Fixed per-faction kills not being calculated correctly on Profile screen.
    - Rewrote the Lotus lines for Hyena boss so they don't reference a pack of Hyena robots.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    How long is that 110 deal good for?

• Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
  • Options
    Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    Be more specifc. ;p My weekend starts tomorrow.

• Options
    BaskeBaske Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Can I get an invite to the clan (PC)?
    name: Baske_T

Baske on
  • Options
    KashaarKashaar Low OrbitRegistered User regular
    Baske wrote: »
    Can I get an invite to the clan (PC)?
    name: Baske_T

@Baske - invite sent! :)

Indie Dev Blog | Twitter | Steam
    Unreal Engine 4 Developers Community.

I'm working on a cute little video game! Here's a link for you.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Magus` wrote: »
    Be more specifc. ;p My weekend starts tomorrow.

13 and a half hours as of this posting.

And I'm totally making me an Aklex. Be all Agent Smith with dual hand cannons. Actual hand cannons.

SkutSkut on
  • Options
    NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    I used the free $10 for the PSN on platinum. So, I'm at 245, with no idea what to spend it on. I currently only have my Loki, but I want to hold off on more frames until I get decent at ninja parkour. On the PS4, the sprint button is L3 of all things, so, running/sliding/spinning/etc is kind of a pain in the ass.

So, maybe an extra slot for when I build a Rhino, and then what? Colors? Anything more useful?

• Options
    The Super Bundle in the shop if it's on sale for PS4 peoples.

• Options
    Hmm._ not seeing a super bundle. There's an 800+ platinum update 10 bundle. We're still on update 10 on the PS4.

• Options
    Potatoes and slots then, the 75 plat frames if you don't want to farm them is the only thing I'd buy with plat. Maybe a color pack because the default one is awful. but Slots>Potatoes>Forma.

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Sentinels are good too. You don't need slots for them, I don't think, but they have a potato on the sentinel and the weapon, which is worth 40 plat there

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SkutSkut wrote: »
    Potatoes and slots then, the 75 plat frames if you don't want to farm them is the only thing I'd buy with plat. Maybe a color pack because the default one is awful. but Slots>Potatoes>Forma.

Basically yeah, but I'd definitely strike Forma from that list. By the time you'd want to use Forma, you'll be well able to judge by yourself if they're worth your plat ;)

• Options
    And if you want forma, all you have to do is go into T3 voids wanting anything else.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    I really, really, REALLY wish Ash's teleport delivered a melee strike on TP.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    Spoit wrote: »
    And if you want forma, all you have to do is go into T3 voids wanting anything else.

I keep forgetting Voids drop all sorts of other random goodies. I really need to spend more time hanging out in them.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    MrGrimoireMrGrimoire Pixflare Registered User regular
    Speaking of voids, I need credits and I'm sitting on a ton of keys. We should run them tomorrow/ next week. (Am busy today.)

• Options
    FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    I'm always up for voids when I'm on.

I need to do some derelicts, as well. i don't have any of the mods from the vaults there and I also need some mutagen samples.

Are you the magic man?
  • Options
    Potatoes are...?

• Options
    Nightslyr wrote: »
    Potatoes are...?

...Orokin Catalysts and Orokin Potatoes. The 20-platinum item that you can use to supercharge your weapons or warframes, doubling the mod capacity you get per level.

• Options
    So, are they the reactors necessary to build frames, or something separate?

• Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    No. That's an Orokin cell I think. An orokin reactor isn't used as a component for anything. It just doubles your available mod capacity.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    just finished up my Mag Prime components and have that building now. I got around 10 systems before I got the blueprint.

Now I just need like a million goddamn morphics to build the new weapons I want.

Are you the magic man?
  • Options
    hatedinamericahatedinamerica Registered User regular
    So...voids/derelicts....you can do them in groups right? When I use the key, I don't get an invite button like you normally would. Do I have to put together the group first, then use the key?

I've found that I can solo Tier 1 Exterminates, and I can almost solo Derelict exterminates, but that's it. Shit's pretty rough. It would probably be easier if I switched to maxed gear, but eh.

• Options
    Yeah you can. More people in a mission means more void rewards going around too.

• Options
    SkutSkut wrote: »
    Yeah you can. More people in a mission means more void rewards going around too.

Unfortunately you can't just open it up to everyone like normal missions, but you can invite friends like normally.

• Options
    zllehszllehs Hiding in a box, waiting to strike.Registered User regular
    Hey so I think The best way around having to rebuild your warframe from the ground up using polarization to get more mod points

Some weapons and warframes come with 60 default mod points once you get to LV30 like Vauban-Kunai and the scindo and some come with only 30 like excalibur MK1-Batron Lato and the Strun

So right now my primary set up is Vauban - Strun - Kunai - Scindo

I want to replace the Strun with a Primary that can get to 60 mod points on its own

The problem is that I dont know any... some help please?

• Options
    Hey so I think The best way around having to rebuild your warframe from the ground up using polarization to get more mod points

Some weapons and warframes come with 60 default mod points once you get to LV30 like Vauban-Kunai and the scindo and some come with only 30 like excalibur MK1-Batron Lato and the Strun

I want to replace the Strun with a Primary that can get to 60 mod points on its own

What?

Everything is default 30, if you've spent plat on stuff in the store it comes with installed reactors which boost them to sixty.

• Options

Yeah, every weapon, warframe, sentinel - every piece of equipment, basically - has a maximum rank of 30. If you potato it, meaning if you upgrade it with an Orokin Reactor/Catalyst, the mod capacity per level doubles, giving you 60 points at rank 30.

If you buy equipment straight up with platinum on the market, it comes with a potato already installed. If you build it in the foundry or buy it for credits, it doesn't.

Potatoes can be acquired by buying them on the market for 20 plat each, or by getting them as a mission reward for certain, rare alert missions.

That's pretty much the skinny of it. :)

• Options
    Oh... well that makes sense...

Man these DE guys sure do know how to squeeze every dime out of us huh?

• Options

Actually I'm a big fan of their monetization model. It's based on incentive, not coercion :)

• Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    Yup. It's perfectly possible to never ever buy a platinum in this game (just spend the starting platinum on weapon and warframe slots) and still enjoy it.
    And then they have this smooth curve where regardless of your budget there is something tasty for you.
    Everything from the "Squeeze every little drop" buy-only-slots approach to "Muzak and Potatoes" to "Budget limitations? What budget limitations?".

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    Yeah, this is honestly probably the best F2P model I've played. People will never be satisfied until they have a triple A, full featured game for absolutely free out of the goodness of the developer's hearts, though, like they don't need money to make the game or pay their employees.

Are you the magic man?
  • Options
    Kashaar wrote: »

Actually I'm a big fan of their monetization model. It's based on incentive, not coercion :)

I just wish they'd bundle the infected sentinel pieces. Or the scarves

steam_sig.png
  • Options

Completely agree...

I feel my $50 for 1000 platinum was well spent... Infact I'm fighting to not spend more lol

Only thing Im sour about is the PC guys getting better deals on those platinums but I guess i have to wait for the PS4 to community to grow some longer legs

• Options
    Frei wrote: »
    Yeah, this is honestly probably the best F2P model I've played. People will never be satisfied until they have a triple A, full featured game for absolutely free out of the goodness of the developer's hearts, though, like they don't need money to make the game or pay their employees.

I dont know how any adult with a job and bills and basic knowledge of economy. can think that lol.

• Options

Completely agree...

I feel my $50 for 1000 platinum was well spent... Infact I'm fighting to not spend more lol

Only thing Im sour about is the PC guys getting better deals on those platinums but I guess i have to wait for the PS4 to community to grow some longer legs

PS4 guys get different stuff discount wise?

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    Different prices

$5 - 75 plat
    $10 - 170 plat
    $30 - 570 plat
    $50 - 1000 plat + mod pack (shred included)
    $100 - 2100 plat + mod pack (Shred and vigor included)
    $150 - 3210 plat + mod pack (Shred and vigor included)

• Options
    senekuseneku Registered User regular
    Can I grab an invite to the PC Clan -SenekuSVI

Currently running around in a Nova but may well switch to a Rhino once I've got these last Plastids!

-=Seneku=-
This discussion has been closed.