As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Back in the old [chat]s when times were simpler

emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
Syndalis wrote:
Also a benefit of living in the future - I am making this post from my iPad, tens of thousands of feet above the earth, and I won't have to put it away for landing and was able to play video games on it during takeoff.

Fuck yeah future!

People today don't know how good they have it. I think we should take a moment to study what primitive technology was like years ago. Back in 2010.

Back in my day, screens on smartphones only had resolutions of 960x640 operating at sloth-like 3G speeds.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZg4dACF-Gw
And our videogames were simple then, too, mostly involving the player jumping to the left and then jumping to the right.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjjkqBLRALo
And believe it or not, in the old days cars didn't drive themselves - no, they were merely able to self-park.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-rxJkVzUxI

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    music plz

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    People who pine for the simpler old days can move off in to the woods and die.

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    You can't use devices during takeoff. Why is syndalis telling lies like this?

Also, I quite like that modern versions of ballet are suddenly popular (*cough* in advertising at least *cough*)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-1XB00Ss8I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nt6r2T2DTk

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    Vanguard wrote: »
    music plz

What are you looking for? Anything?

• Options
    Oh, hey, do you guys have any recommendations for some simple, but tasty Christmas cocktails? I've been placed in charge of making a Christmas drink for a Christmas party.

• Options
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »

Yeah you can. Or at least in the states. They just changed in about a month ago.

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Nova_C wrote: »
    Oh, hey, do you guys have any recommendations for some simple, but tasty Christmas cocktails? I've been placed in charge of making a Christmas drink for a Christmas party.
    Gin. Served in a mug.

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    The kinect has never once worked as well as it did in that highlight reel.

Also, mom not drinking and telling kids to shut the fuck up about video games because she is busy on the phone. Unrealistic.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options

Oatmeal cookie is pretty versatile and delicious.

• Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    Cars that park themselves make me super happy

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Now that I read up on jury sentencing, I can only say that it is fucking horrifying.

• Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular

Make moonshine.

If you don't blind everyone at the party, you made it wrong.

• Options
    Quid wrote: »

Yeah you can. Or at least in the states. They just changed in about a month ago.

Over here it's still slightly awkward when you're using an eReader and just close the case pretending that that is the same as turning it off.

Plus, I'm not sure if it's just because I fly on cheap airlines, but I've never had plane wifi either.

Really, you should make these two things more prominent in your international relations. These are important achievements that make you stand out from the rest of the world.

• Options

Over here it's still slightly awkward when you're using an eReader and just close the case pretending that that is the same as turning it off.

Plus, I'm not sure if it's just because I fly on cheap airlines, but I've never had plane wifi either.

Really, you should make these two things more prominent in your international relations. These are important achievements that make you stand out from the rest of the world.

Do your long range buses have wifi? Apparently ours do which changes my entire opinion on them.

• Options

Do your long range buses have wifi? Apparently ours do which changes my entire opinion on them.

Yeah, that's pretty common, but it's less important because you're also able to get a 3g signal. In the sky that's just witchcraft.

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Ah. So that's what my insides look like

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    CHICOPEE, MA—Eliciting repeated waves of laughter and making sure to include everyone in her lively conversations, local aunt Gina Coleman, a childless and infertile woman, is really hamming it up at the kids table this Thanksgiving, sources have confirmed. “I just feel like I’m one of the gang with you guys!” said the woman physically incapable of conceiving, as the children giggled along with their aunt whose permanently depleted ovarian reserves guarantee that her womb will remain a desolate and barren wasteland until her death. “Trust me, it’s much more fun down here; the other table is just a bunch of fuddy-duddies. Now, who’s getting this last crescent roll?” Following dinner, the woman whose body lacks all of the prerequisite conditions to create life had reportedly agreed to join her nieces and nephews for a round of Wii bowling in the basement.

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    i listen to a lot things

here is what i've been into recently:

daniel bachman
    the geto boys
    tame impala
    magik markers
    the zombies
    sonic youth
    john fahey
    a tribe called quest
    the shirelles
    otis redding

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular

Elan didn't do very much to endear me to him. I mean skipping right to "eat my dick", come on, this is D grade trolling.

• Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular

Dirty Fizz (prosecco with a tiny splash of raspberry liqueur ), poinsetta (fizzy white, triple sec and cranberry juice), erm...the other ones I'm thinking of involve cooking.

• Options
    InfamyDeferredInfamyDeferred Registered User regular
    edited November 2013

Maybe not a cocktail per se, but Glogg is a delicious spiced flavoring intended to mix into hot wine or vodka. Tasty, christmasey, and an authentic, traditional excuse to drink most of the bottle of vodka.

InfamyDeferred on
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular

It's expected that the eu will follow suit on in-flight electronics.

It's likely to be combined with approval for repeating mobile base stations for aircraft use.

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular

Elan didn't do very much to endear me to him. I mean skipping right to "eat my dick", come on, this is D grade trolling.

An old annoying person and a young annoying person get onto a plane on thanksgiving. . .

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Campari and custard is a solid festive cocktail. Also, it's Christmas so use advocaat.

• Options
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    So is an sb_pwr light on your motherboard being off entirely a PSU problem or a motherboard problem?

• Options
    that elan thing is dumb

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Ok so

I slept in later than I meant to

• Options
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Ok so

It's dark outside.

This is very late.

• Options
    So is an sb_pwr light on your motherboard being off entirely a PSU problem or a motherboard problem?

It means standby power, and if it's off while the PC is on, I can't imagine there's any problem. If it's off while the PC is off and the PC won't turn on, then it means your PSU is outputting nothing at all.

• Options
    I was able to sleep in to 10am

i haven't done that in years. it was pretty swell.

• Options

How this should have gone:

"Shut the Hell up you're not the only one trying to get home for Thanksgiving."

*order wine and two vodkas and drink them*

Would have been much more fun for any sane person and less stressful on the flight attendants.

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Ok so

It's dark outside.

This is very late.

As an American, I'm not a part of your system, maaaaan

• Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    @Nova_C

This article also has some nice suggestions

• Options
    Cinders wrote: »

Make moonshine.

If you don't blind everyone at the party, you made it wrong.

I'm hoping my mead is ready to drink by Christmas. :)

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    japan wrote: »

It's expected that the eu will follow suit on in-flight electronics.

It's likely to be combined with approval for repeating mobile base stations for aircraft use.

I really hope those base stations are fuck-off expensive to use though, because if people can start cheaply making phone calls on flights I might end up going on a murderous rampage.

Sure, mission critical business call that you are willing to pay 50-75 dollars to make? I get it. "Guess what I had for dinner" will make me choke you when you are sharing my air and pressed into my arm cruelly due to the tiny seats.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options

It means standby power, and if it's off while the PC is on, I can't imagine there's any problem. If it's off while the PC is off and the PC won't turn on, then it means your PSU is outputting nothing at all.

I have a h/a thread that explains more, but bolded is closer to the mark.

• Options
    tyrannus wrote: »
    I was able to sleep in to 10am

i haven't done that in years. it was pretty swell.

YEARS? Do you live in a north korean prison camp?

• Options
    Ok so

It's dark outside.

This is very late.

As an American, I'm not a part of your system, maaaaan

And yet you expect to adapt Hibernian Nomenclature to your own ends?

This discussion has been closed.