As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Payday 2: Fuck the Police, IT'S SPRING BREAK!

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    ALWAYS WAIT TILL THE LAST DAY

• The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    yeah im waiting for maybe a flash sale

GOTTA SAVE THESE DOLLAS

icGJy2C.png
  • übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    ALWAYS WAIT TILL THE LAST DAY

Except if I'm using cashback off my discover card which means the game itself is free. =)

camo_sig.png
  • IblisIblis Registered User regular
    Steam Account, 3DS FC: 5129-1652-5160, Origin ID: DamusWolf
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    There's a demo on psn now. I'm downloading it.

• SoaLSoaL fantastic Registered User regular
    is this game fun? does this game run ok on a laptop that can run league of legends ok and TF2 pretty good too?

DKFA7.gif
    I downloaded the demo, and I don't really have any idea how to get in the van when I need to escape the downtown area.

Also, the little loop thingie for my bluetooth headset snapped, so my mic falls out of my tiny ears.

Hey, there is new DLC for PC
    http://www.overkillsoftware.com/gageweaponpack01/

• FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    I have Payday 2 on the PC courtesy of the Steam sale, people should consider hitting me up if they're considering playing it at any point.

• ManishtushuManishtushu Registered User regular
    Is anyone else having trouble with getting voice chat to work? I've been playing with people in the same room for the most part, so it isn't an issue, but none of us have been able to get the in game voice to work. I'd like to play online, so I figure voice chat is probably required.

• StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Voice chat is pretty shitty, so I've always used Skype or something.

YL9WnCY.png
    I don't really do quiet missions.

Sometimes I pretend and take a silenced gun early on, but in my soul I always know how it will end.

http://i.imgur.com/r3fPuwD.jpg

There's a patch that introduces Infamy levels, which is basically prestige levels. At level 100 you can opt to go back to level 1 and spend $200,000,000 from your off-shore account to go up to Infamy 1. You keep all items but you have to buy your skill points and level-restrictions still apply to everything. Each Infamy level gives you a point, and you can spend those points on exclusive masks and shit. When the system finishes rolling out, there's supposed to be like X tiers and 15 or so infamy levels with certain goodies only available at the higher tiers.

tl;dr: it's a giant, pointless grind.

YL9WnCY.png
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Fyndir wrote: »
    I don't really do quiet missions.

Sometimes I pretend and take a silenced gun early on, but in my soul I always know how it will end.

http://i.imgur.com/r3fPuwD.jpg

Are you me?

Seriously though, when playing with people who are really good at stealth I just stand around in my huge suit of armor with my huge gun all bored and hope they fuck something up so I get to murder people.

JtgVX0H.png
    Wandered through a mission on normal difficulty ended up solo.

had three bags at the end and helicopter extraction with no way to load the bags into anything.

Sitting the bags in the extraction zone does not count. $0 bag loot.

Oh well.

• SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    If that was Rats (the one with the bus), there's a 2nd helicopter that comes for the loot

steam_sig.png
    Nah Mallcrashers.

There's like 30-40k worth of jewellery bags sometimes (normally? not sure), hardly a big loss but I recalled hearing that they counted if you left them on the ground where you exit, once I realised that you didn't I wanted to let you guys know in case any of you were under the same impression.

• HadesHades Registered User regular
    They only count if you're holding them while extracting. And in Mallcrashers, if you're fast enough you can get the bags into the van before it drives off.

• ArangArang HUEY LEWISRegistered User regular
    Mallcrashers is an XP mission anyway. Play it on Overkill, smash up everything, blow any safes you can with shaped charge and camp the spot where the helicopter shows up for the last 30 seconds or so

right up there with ukrainian job and four stores

thenews.jpg
    Hades wrote: »
    They only count if you're holding them while extracting. And in Mallcrashers, if you're fast enough you can get the bags into the van before it drives off.

By the time the van leaves I've usually just about made it to the first store and started smashing.

Heavy armour for life.

• sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    @ThatDudeOverThere did we ever decide if this game was at all worth it? I remember there was one game we played that was kind of fun.

• TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    I did like it a fair bit

it's just that there's rarely a time where I wouldn't rather be playing Smite

also I think I just like l4d2 better

• ManishtushuManishtushu Registered User regular
    I'm not sure how they looked at this game and decided what it really needed was more grinding.

• MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    considering the amount of complaints about not having enough post level 100 content since the first few weeks it came out, i am a bit shocked it too them this long to add in more grinding.

I don't have a problem with more grinding so long as I'm having fun.

So far I've been having good times just not worrying about my level and concentrating on maximum accuracy and body count each heist.

• sponospono Mining for Nose Diamonds Booger CoveRegistered User regular
    I just finished an hour long game of go bank where the game glitched in the most amazing way

every time you killed a cop, he would drop a cash bag

there were hundreds of bags

the funny thing is, we almost did it silent, then it all went wrong

then it all went so right

640qocnq4ske.gif
    give it to me!

Give it to me now!

Oh my god, machine guns! i will rain death upon those who think they can enforce law.

There will be only one law when i am done.

Run.

• sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Melding wrote: »
    Oh my god, machine guns! i will rain death upon those who think they can enforce law.

There will be only one law when i am done.

Run.

I think you mean
    3e8o.jpg

• Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    I'm not sure how they looked at this game and decided what it really needed was more grinding.

Mostly because Payday 2 does a neat thing where you can hit level 50 and stop while having access to all the content or if you're having fun you can just keep grinding for a few extras. It's a neat balance.

Also the sunglasses rock hard.

Good news heisters! New Difficulty hitting Tomorrow. "Death Wish"

Introducing new Elite Gensec units, with better guns and armour over the normal swat duders, and the fearsome Light Machine Gun Bulldozer. As well all the regular guys and cloakers and tasers and shit.

this, should be good.

More information here

I die too much on easy mode, let alone the hard modes. :(

we've done overkill rats with you and you did fine.

I'm just hoping Deathwish rats is like 200k experience before all the weird end of day additions so i can make it to level 100.

So there is a big event coming soon with lots of free DLC that has me itching to play again.

Also, almost everything is on sale right now! Most DLC is a buck.

YL9WnCY.png
    Melding wrote: »
    we've done overkill rats with you and you did fine.

I'm just hoping Deathwish rats is like 200k experience before all the weird end of day additions so i can make it to level 100.

Oh what a fool i was then.

fuck deathwish.

Signed,

A Year Later.

also getting 2 million experience in hoxton breakout now, so fuck you rats! you ain't nothing no more!

• godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    I thought I'd seen a payday 2 thread somewhere!

As Melding knows, I bought the game the day just before the sale. That was kind of annoying.