As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[GAME ON]Animal Crossing: Has no ending...

• VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Holy hell... judging the Time Spiral prereleases all weekend did unpleasant things to my town's flowers. I logged in long enough to water my hybrids (and get my KK song on Saturday), but my regular gardens took a shitkicking.

Vyolynce on
    nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif
    AC:NH Chris from Glosta SW-5173-3598-2899 DA-4749-1014-4697 @vyolynce@mastodon.social
  • vegeta_666vegeta_666 CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Soooo... I decided I'm going to buy a DS soon. I have thought about what my first game should be and I picked this one.

Is there anything I should know beforehand? This is my first handheld, my first DS game AND my first Animal Crossing. Is there any tips or things I should know before I start playing?

vegeta_666 on
    Sob24Nm.png
    Steam: abunchofdaftpunk | PSN: noautomobilesgo | Lastfm: sjchszeppelin | Backloggery: colincummings | 3DS FC: 1392-6019-0219 |
  • EvanderEvander Disappointed Father Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    I want to get a haircut. Who wants to accomodate me (and be the first name on my new friends list)?

Evander on
    edited September 2006
    3007-2683-5346
    Evander from Kashyyyk

Evander on
  • breakzbreakz Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Finally got this thing going. Alex from Calia, and my friend code's in my sig. I've already added Evander, JAEF, Pierrot, Jammers and Pooch off the Wiki. Feel free to PM me if anything, guys.

breakz on
    thechompman.gif
    Now Playing - GRAW, FFIII DS, Ninja Gaiden Black, Phoenix Wright
  • JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    I will be at home and available for the hangings out all day tomorrow (goooo weird weekends!) so PM me if you want a visit, I'll also be watching the thread for good turnip prices. I bought another 450(0) for this week. Need. Bells. Evander let's make love tomorrow. With nets.

JAEF on
  • sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    edited September 2006
    FDKSHFJKSDFHSDLJFHSDLKJFHSDLJKFSDHLKFJSDKLFJSDG.

You guys are having fun and I have to miss it.

I hate not having internet.

sarukun on
    edited September 2006
    JAEF wrote:
    I will be at home and available for the hangings out all day tomorrow (goooo weird weekends!) so PM me if you want a visit, I'll also be watching the thread for good turnip prices. I bought another 450(0) for this week. Need. Bells. Evander let's make love tomorrow. With nets.

it will be done.

maybe between 2 and 5 (EST), but most likely after 7

goooo weird class schedules :P

Evander on
    edited September 2006
    My gates will be open for a while. I'm off to get food for a short bit, but I'll be back.

JAEF on
  • Pierrot Le FouPierrot Le Fou Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    JAEF wrote:
    My gates will be open for a while. I'm off to get food for a short bit, but I'll be back.

Add me and I'll visit ya. I've you got in my list already.

Pierrot Le Fou on
    ACWW: 4424-6011-7294 Frye/NewYork
    Our NDS Wiki // Friend Codes:Penny Arcade Suggests!
    You remind me why acute megalomania and mild desperation of interest should never be combined.
    edited September 2006
    JAEF wrote:

Done.

Nook's buying turnips at 200 bells, also. I also totally lied about getting food, I'm doing that now :winky:

Edit: If you come over please don't kidnap the bells lying in front of the post office or the fruit in front of Nook's

JAEF on
  • Pierrot Le FouPierrot Le Fou Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    JAEF wrote:
    JAEF wrote:

Done.

Nook's buying turnips at 200 bells, also.

Nice.

Pierrot Le Fou on
    ACWW: 4424-6011-7294 Frye/NewYork
    Our NDS Wiki // Friend Codes:Penny Arcade Suggests!
    You remind me why acute megalomania and mild desperation of interest should never be combined.
    edited September 2006
    Aaand I'm closing my gates. PM me later if you want to visit/sell turnips (200)

JAEF on
    edited September 2006
    Calia's gates are open for all (for the next half hour)! Let me know if you want in, and I'll add you. Turnips going for 180 here.

EDIT: Can I close my DS and still have ppl connect to me? Because, if so, I'll take it with me and leave my gates open for a few hours.

breakz on
    thechompman.gif
    edited September 2006
    finally ready to get my AC on. my internet was down in my apartment for a bit, but it's back up now

Kasyyyk's gates will be open. So far I've only added the two people who added me, but if you post here telling me to add you, I will oblige (my code is on the bottom of the last page.

Evander on
    edited September 2006
    Okay, I'm closed for now. I left my town on all day. Dunno if anyone stopped by...

Evander, I saw you pop up on my friends list. I'll head over when I have some time.

breakz on
    thechompman.gif
  • KennyboyKennyboy Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Just checked my Nooks and he's buying turnips for 556 bells a pop, the filthy swine.

I am unfortunately bereft of turnips at the minute but that doesn't mean you good people should miss out on all the monetary goodness.

I'll open my gates now to anyone who wishes to partake. I've got a few of you on my friends list but just let me know if you reckon you need adding. My details are in my sig.

EDIT : Down to 165 now. Gates still open if anyone wants to come for no particular reason.

Kennyboy on
  • Dodge AspenDodge Aspen Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    So I got my DS Lite back from hinge repair today, and all my Friend Codes have been wiped and changed.

Everyone who had added me in the past needs to delete the old Dodge, and replace it with the new, improved Dodge. Thanks.

Now I can finally play the stalk market the way it was meant to be played!

Dodge Aspen on
    Xbox - Dodge Mega
    Switch - SW-3699-5063-5018

• BallmanBallman Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Kennyboy wrote:
    Just checked my Nooks and he's buying turnips for 556 bells a pop, the filthy swine.

I am unfortunately bereft of turnips at the minute but that doesn't mean you good people should miss out on all the monetary goodness.

I'll open my gates now to anyone who wishes to partake. I've got a few of you on my friends list but just let me know if you reckon you need adding. My details are in my sig.

EDIT : Down to 165 now. Gates still open if anyone wants to come for no particular reason.

:X Man, you posted this at 2:40am on my time. I've got a ridiculous amount of turnips that are making me nervous.

Ballman on
    edited September 2006
    Allright, where's the turnip prices at? I've got 70 bells this afternoon.

I am so pumped to back on wifi, and I've got a load to unload! :)

Dodge Aspen on
    Xbox - Dodge Mega

• KennyboyKennyboy Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Ballman wrote:
    Kennyboy wrote:

:X Man, you posted this at 2:40am on my time. I've got a ridiculous amount of turnips that are making me nervous.

Yeah, I realised when I wrote it that it was highly unlikely many people would see it. I figured I may as well put the word out though.

I'll be sure to post again if Nook gets generous. You just better hope it's in the afternoon.

Kennyboy on
    edited September 2006
    Dodge & Kenny = added.

Calia's open for random fun times for a bit. Feel free to drop on by.

breakz on
    thechompman.gif
    edited September 2006
    Gaaah looks like I missed some good turnip prices.

Wendell finally came by though, and I got my country guitar. I've forgotten to get a song the last two saturdays, maybe this will remind me :winky:

JAEF on
  • FatsFats Corvallis, ORRegistered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Oh god.

I popped this in my brand new DSL after months of not playing it. My whole town is covered in weeds, and everyone hates me. :(

Perfect time for a new town, I guess.

Fats on
    edited September 2006
    Argy wrote:
    Oh god.

I popped this in my brand new DSL after months of not playing it. My whole town is covered in weeds, and everyone hates me. :(

Perfect time for a new town, I guess.
    Turnip prices! What are your prices (if you live in PDT..) for tuuurnips? If they're good I might come over and pick weeds for you :winky:

:winky:

JAEF on
    edited September 2006
    Sooooo...it's friday ya'll. No one offering thier Nook's for the great turnip unload? Mine's selling for 107. It was 39 this morning. I think that's a new low.

Dodge Aspen on
    Xbox - Dodge Mega

• JammersJammers Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    According to Pelly, my town is now Officially Perfect. Now I just need to keep it that way for two weeks to get my Golden Watering Can. I also got a Turban from Wendell (his second visit in a couple of weeks) so it's been a pretty sucessful week Animal Crossing-wise.

Jammers on
    Xbox Live - Jammers007
    Nintendo Network ID - Jammers007
    3DS - 1418-6751-8378
    Steam - Jammers007
  • XantusXantus Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    well I just got a DS a few days ago.... time to start this shindig!

sadly my turnips are only 74 bells tonight :P

PM me for a visit if you promise not to laugh at my sad little newbie town.

Treage of Moorpork / 2878-4194-3426

Xantus on
    edited September 2006
    SO! Who has turnip prices over 120? I have turnips to dump.

JAEF on
  • Uncle LongUncle Long Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    I was forced to sell all of my turnips for 80bpt. Noooo! lost about half a million bells this week. :(

Uncle Long on
    edited October 2006
    All my turnips will rooooot. Anyone have above 100?

JAEF on
    edited October 2006
    I thought I'd dust this thread off to ask if anyone knows what this here acorn is for. I've heard something about getting them off of trees (I got one from my mom in a letter), but I haven't gotten any more and I'm curious.

Ballman on
  • MJMJ Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Ballman wrote:
    I thought I'd dust this thread off to ask if anyone knows what this here acorn is for. I've heard something about getting them off of trees (I got one from my mom in a letter), but I haven't gotten any more and I'm curious.

I found this on the nintendo forums
    acornfestivaltm3.png
    Acorns are under regular trees.

If you cannot buy enough saplings, just plant 100 bell bags. Remember that not all trees will produce acorns everyday. Pick those flowers and weeds around the trees.

Cornimer will be waiting outside every day to take your acorns. If you have space, store the acorns, that way on Sat. you can start to give Cornimer all the acorns at once, starting with the small acorns and working up ,thus saving the larger ones to sell to Nook.

The mush items cannot be ordered from the catalogue.

Make sure there are no flowers, patterns, etc under the trees.

Also, finally my town is perfect. 8) Now to keep it that way for the golden watering can...

MJ on
    mino_mirror_punch2_sig.gif
    edited October 2006
    So I have about 5 purple roses and 7 black roses. I think I'm going to start trying for a blue rose. :)

Wow. I think I may have exhausted all of my luck today in AC. This evening I found a blue rose in my purple/black rose patch, with only about eight each of purple and black roses. :o

Funny thing, too, I'd had a dry spell with hybrids recently.

*dances*

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Ballman on
    edited October 2006
    Yeah, I finally got my watering can, and now the only thing I am really still playing for is paintings. It sucks the only place I can get them is through Redd, once a week. Those are mostly fakes, too. :x

I guess I need to plant some trees for the acorn fest. None of those items really interest me, but it's still cool to have something new to do.

Dodge Aspen on
    Xbox - Dodge Mega

• FantasyrogueFantasyrogue Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Yeah, I finally got my watering can, and now the only thing I am really still playing for is paintings. It sucks the only place I can get them is through Redd, once a week. Those are mostly fakes, too. :x

I'm in the same boat. Finished the rest of the museum and got most of the golden tools (having a bit of bad luck with the special npcs still.. not having played for 3 weeks isn't helping either) but the paintings...*sigh* The worst part is that Redd doesn't just stock fakes, he keeps stocking the handful of paintings I do have so I'm really not getting anywhere.

Well, I did finally get a wireless router so maybe I can look into trading some stuff for paintings or whatever.

Fantasyrogue on
  • Anti-SeanAnti-Sean Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    *warning! whining ahead!*

This game hates me.

Last Saturday, I could have *sworn* that it was raining when I played for a few minutes, so I didn't bother to water my flowers or turnips. I checked in the next day to find my wilted flowers gone (including a hybrid) and my three red turnips wilted. Luckily, Wendell was his usual absent self last week.

Due to the haziness of a cold, I forgot to water the red turnip I bought on Sunday, and it wilted the next day. :(

Lo and behold, Wendell shows up in town this morning.

I shot down Gulliver on Monday, but he gave me a Merlion, which I already have.

*sigh*

Anti-Sean on
  • VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Anti-Sean wrote:
    Last Saturday, I could have *sworn* that it was raining when I played for a few minutes, so I didn't bother to water my flowers or turnips. I checked in the next day to find my wilted flowers gone (including a hybrid) and my three red turnips wilted.

Rain does not water your flowers.

Stupid, I know. But true.

Vyolynce on
    nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif
    AC:NH Chris from Glosta SW-5173-3598-2899 DA-4749-1014-4697 @vyolynce@mastodon.social
  • Anti-SeanAnti-Sean Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Vyolynce wrote:
    Rain does not water your flowers.
    :shock: Forsooth! Apparently, I have been lied to by various and sundry postings on the internets. Thanks for letting me know.

Anti-Sean on
  • _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2006
    I just loaded my game after not playing for 2 months.

All of my flowers died.

ALL of my flowers died.

And I had filled almost my entire town with flowers. By which I mean every space that was not full of something else had a flower in it with the only open spaces being places for hybrids to grow.

damn

_J_ on