As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PlayStation] - This week: Strider and the Japanese PS4 launch

• Options
    ScudoScudo Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    I think it's all versions of battlefield. Just a ton of instability; last I heard the big "level changing" moments like the skyscraper collapsing were crashing servers.

Scudo on
  • Options
    QuestionMarkManQuestionMarkMan Registered User regular
    Conquest works in BF4 now. It's still crashing every few rounds but hey, you can't have everything.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Something's fucked up and I can't get into BF3 anymore, so that's the end of that, I guess.

• Options
    MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    MrMonroe wrote: »
    YaYa wrote: »
    uW9qDVW.jpg?1

System-level closed caption settings, including font size, color, opacity, edge effects, etc.

Really, really nice

I watch everything with subtitles as is, but there's the odd few DVDs in my collection that don't have English subtitles for some reason

really? how come?

Me personally? It's because I have three kids.

**sound of leather whips cracking**

I do not whip my kids.

I throw bricks at them.

• Options
    ScudoScudo Registered User regular
    The X button on my controller has already started to stick :/

• Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    Something's fucked up and I can't get into BF3 anymore, so that's the end of that, I guess.

Oh man, I think Marty's mate had that same drama but I can't remember how he fixed it. You should ask him what he did

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    "RESTRICTION: Service Communication Failure: PnkBstrA.exe"

Which is funny, because BF3 and punkbuster are both fully up-to-date and installed correctly, and not reporting any problems except for when I try to join a multiplayer server.

Oh well. I'm not going to spend hours fucking around with this, seeing as most servers are breen wastelands now anyway, and I have a huge backlog I'm trying to catch up on a bit.

• Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    Good old punk buster.

Yes in fact I'm sure that's exactly the problem Marty's mate had

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    "RESTRICTION: Service Communication Failure: PnkBstrA.exe"

Which is funny, because BF3 and punkbuster are both fully up-to-date and installed correctly, and not reporting any problems except for when I try to join a multiplayer server.

Oh well. I'm not going to spend hours fucking around with this, seeing as most servers are breen wastelands now anyway, and I have a huge backlog I'm trying to catch up on a bit.

I ran into that. As I recall, the fix was to completely delete PunkBuster and re-install it. The "completely delete" part is harder than it sounds, though.

• Options
    Hidden in the FAQ section on the punkbuster website there is a tool to let you repair/uninstall your installation. I downloaded the tool and ran it, and despite the tool saying that neither PunkbusterA or PunkbusterB were working and also doing nothing about that, now the game runs fine.

Can't find the tool or Punkbuster to completely uninstall either of them, though. I may have to low-level format my SSD and do a full re-install when I get sick of BF3 to be sure I'm rid of them both.

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Thanks, punkbuster, for fucking up battlefield since 1942

• Options
    Oh no it works again. It's just annoying, and also we're putting an awful lot of trust in these Evenbalance folks. Fuckin' root level access to my shit, wut?

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    This hits the other big non-Japan regions tomorrow!

Also, while I've got you U.S. users here:

FAQveqf.png

Get your Black Friday on

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    I'm still not going to buy either console for at least three months (probably more)

But man.

Unless this install time on xbox gets fixed, it's hard to justify picking one up.

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2013/11/installing-xbox-one-games-takes-way-too-long/

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    We already had several people checking in to see if PS4s are going to be available on launch (they're not), hoo boy tomorrow is going to be a mixture of "Woo, Money!" and telling people they have to wait until next year.

• Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    my Dad has somehow managed to talk me into going to the midnight launch

I dunno, guys

I dunno

• Options
    That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    I would love a cheap deal on some PS+ time.

PSN: ThatDaveFella
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    It's going to be $29.99 at several retailers in the US. I know Gamestop and Walmart are two of the places.

• Options
    I probably couldn't use US PS+ time for my Irish account though :(

• Options
    Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Is that deal going to be online? I'm not willing to venture out to stores on black Friday. That's craycray.

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Blake T wrote: »
    I'm still not going to buy either console for at least three months (probably more)

But man.

Unless this install time on xbox gets fixed, it's hard to justify picking one up.

I get that the PS4 has crazy fast installs but

I don't think 10 minutes is all that bad?

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    remember that there were PS3 games that would take 30-45 minutes to install

• Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    Can I order a ps+ card off like bestbuy's website

Or do I have to go outside for cheap ps+

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Vann Diras wrote: »

I'm not sure but you can do it on Amazon

• Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    Vann Diras wrote: »

I'm not sure but you can do it on Amazon

Oh! Yeah I guess amazon is on there too

• Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    so I got my PS4, but Bob EBGames was all "yo dogg Lego Marvel ain't out till the 4th here sorry"

go home, set it up, get Lego Marvel from the PSN store, download it overnight, cancelling my pre-order tomorrow

I think I can get used to this all digital future

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »

But man.

Man yes it is.

This is a console.

I want to put the disc in and play the darn thing.

Not put the disc in and piss around for fifteen minutes.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I've basically always installed all of my xbox 360 games so those times still seem wicked fast to me.

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Maybe it's just because the games are actually still installing, but the disc drive seems a bit on the loud side

Also I'm kinda irritated that I can't seem to figure out how to check if the game is actually done installing or not or how to patch the games

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Moriveth wrote: »

But man.

Man yes it is.

This is a console.

I want to put the disc in and play the darn thing.

Not put the disc in and piss around for fifteen minutes.

My favourite thing about the new console is definitely the updating itself from sleep mode.

It'd shit me off when I hadn't used my PS3 for a couple of weeks, so when I fired it up I'd have to update the firmware, then I pop the disc in and the game wants an update, so I'd do that, play for a couple of hours and then want to watch a BluRay and it'd ask me to update the player software...

• Options
    That was a feature of PS+ which was cool!

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004RMK5QG
    Amazon is having a nice sale on PS+ cards

• Options
    We are going to go ahead and look for one, since we already have the money saved, and I think I would enjoy Black Flag and Battlefield 4 looks fun.

• Options
    I hope Microsoft gets this sorted quickly and with a minimum of fuss:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bu7jHLsW-5s

Fuck knows they don't need another "red ring" debacle.

• Options
    BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    I held the ps4 controller today. It feels a lot like that one mad katz controller I had for my ps2 back in the day, with the larger handles, except the ps4 controller doesn't feel like it is made out of the cheapest plastic imaginable. What I am saying is "the ps4 controller felt good in my hands."

• Options
    Picking up a day one edition xbox one tomorrow when best buy releases the preorders that weren't picked up.

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    I held a PS4 controller recently too, I agree that the plastic felt good and the sticks/grips were better, but I wasn't instantly sold on the triggers, even if they are an improvement.

• Options
    Holy shit, if the wiki is correct, the Marquis de Lafayette is one of the main characters in The Order 1886.

• Options
    KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    do we have some sort of psn name tag thing list??