As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

AC Adapters and burnt out tablets

SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
I recently came into possession of a Kocaso m760BLU, which is a 7" Android tablet, one of these:

dVnRSqI.jpg

Either the device is non-functional, or the battery was dead when I got it, but it did come with the 5v ac adapter. The problem is, the ac cable looks like it was cut and then sloppily re-spliced and bound back up with electrical tape.

It didn't work when it was plugged in, so I cut the repaired portion out and re-spliced the wiring myself. The cable is made up of two wires, like this:

5UDS2Wr.jpg

and one side of the wiring has white markings on it and the other one does not. When I repaired the cable I made sure to get the proper ends attached to each other, but I don't know if the person who fixed it before I got it did. I plugged it in and it still wouldn't turn on. No lights, nothing. The device says 5v 2A max, and the ac adapter says 5v 2000mA so it's the proper adapter.

Anyway, if the person who repaired the cable before I got to it mis-matched the wires, when it was plugged back in would that have caused damage? The guy I got it from found it in an apartment he was working on after a tenant moved out, so I can't get any info from the original owner, but at 1.2GHz with 4GB of storage and a 7" screen it would be a cool little mobile internet/movie/game device, so hopefully I'll be able to get it functional. I'm planning on taking a trip to goodwill at some point to see if I can find another cable to check if the cable I have is no good, but I figured I'd see if anyone could give me any info beforehand.

SmokeStacks on

• Options
    tsmvengytsmvengy Registered User regular
    Check out Radio Shack for the right AC adapter, they usually have all kinds of them.

steam_sig.png