As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Back in the old [chat]s when times were simpler

• Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    I'd love an archery set but I'm too lazy to drive 25mins to a range. And all my neighbours would freak if I did it in the backyard. Oh well.

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Seriously though I hate playing jerk decks like that in any ccg. Blue is my least favorite color in magic for a reason.

Also if I could I would invite you all to hearthstone!

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    good lord that bag

like, there is a butt clearly linked on this screen

but only one of those two things gave me a boner

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    HELLO EVERYONE

I HAVE RETURNED TO CHAT

FOR

...REASONS

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    That butt sure is a butt.

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    @donkey kong my friend has that exact bag

it is really nice

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited December 2013
    Holy shit AC4.

This game manages to blend an overwhelming amount of sidequest stuff with never quite feeling overwhelming.

I have no idea how they accomplished this dark art, but I always feel like there is something to do, without getting paralyzed by the amount of stuff I should be doing.

Dead Rising 3 or Forza 5 might be in battle for best exclusive title on either of the new next gen platforms... but everyone got the best game of the season, and that game is AC4.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »
    And now Far Cry 2 is crashing on me a lot. I'm enjoying this game too, come on!

First world problems brought to you by: Smoking!

you said FarCry2 not 3

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    The dinosaur comics word magnets include "cephalopod" and "heteroflexible".

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    msmyamsmya Being Fabulous Registered User regular
    Woke up , worked, came home, watched one episode of tv, now it's bedtime again.

BOO..... :(

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    Gooey wrote: »

it is really nice

Kill him, send bag to me. In the future you can call on me for any favor.

Donkey Kong on
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    @desc

Ryoji Ikeda's data.tron and data.matrix are apparently in Hobart until April

I

I could make that trip

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »

it is really nice

Kill him, send bag to me. In the future you can call on me for any favor.

but what if i want the bag

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    syndalis wrote: »
    Holy shit AC4.

This game manages to blend an overwhelming amount of sidequest stuff with never quite feeling overwhelming.

I have no idea how they accomplished this dark art, but I always feel like there is something to do, without getting paralyzed by the amount of stuff I should be doing.

Dead Rising 3 or Forza 5 might be in battle for best exclusive title on either of the new next gen platforms... but everyone got the best game of the season, and that game is AC4.

I'm loving it. Going through it pretty slow, though, which is fine.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    msmyamsmya Being Fabulous Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    I cancelled my appointment with the counselor, since ire been feeling better , and I can save some money. Plus I need to see the dr soon. I think I have a chronic cough that just won't go away. :/

msmya on
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited December 2013
    Elki wrote: »
    Holy shit AC4.

Same here - I just finished Sequence 3, have access to my island, and am out on the open sea for the first time... so I am building up my fleet, robbing the spanish blind, invading smugglers dens, taking over forts, killing sharks, exploring abandoned islands... the smartest fucking thing this game has ever done was make the next story mission like 10,000 leagues away - you pass by so many neat things you cannot help but do them!

edit; also, @Irond Will and I have been speeding up each others' fleets in the Kenway minigame... I wonder if I can access that from the iPad app...

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    my collection of complex strategy games grows. fffffyeah.

raging boner

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    As I was walking to class today, I heard the dulcet tones of Rick Astley ringing across campus.

Apparently RPI has taken a time warp to 2007.

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Holy shit AC4.

Same here - I just finished Sequence 3, have access to my island, and am out on the open sea for the first time... so I am building up my fleet, robbing the spanish blind, invading smugglers dens, taking over forts, killing sharks, exploring abandoned islands... the smartest fucking thing this game has ever done was make the next story mission like 10,000 leagues away - you pass by so many neat things you cannot help but do them!

edit; also, @Irond Will and I have been speeding up each others' fleets in the Kenway minigame... I wonder if I can access that from the iPad app...

uhh, I want in. How do you do that?

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    So now a tinder match from months ago is messaging me again. Interesting.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    I want that butt.

• Options
    Holy shit AC4.

uhh, I want in. How do you do that?

When you do a mission, and send your ships out to sea to do stuff, a timer starts up.

If I am in the minigame and see your ships on my map (you have to be a friend on xbox and signed in to uplay) then I can speed those ships up, or repair them.

I always choose to speed them up, because gems are retardedly easy to come by, and shaving hours off your timers is pretty nice.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    Syndalis, what would i have to do to acquire that butt in a reasonable amount of time?

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    wceSDod.jpg

It's got an old school 70's vibe to it. Nice.

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    I just saw a picture of a girl on the internet and decided immediately that I must become beautiful so that I can have sex with this person.

• Options
    CokebotleCokebotle 穴掘りの 電車内Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Seriously though I hate playing jerk decks like that in any ccg. Blue is my least favorite color in magic for a reason.

Is that the online WoW card game?

工事中
  • Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    Wow, Glazer's only made two other films. Didn't realize that. Guess I gotta keep the streak alive and see this one.
    It is adapted from Michel Faber's 2000 novel of the same name, about an alien sent to Earth by a rich corporation to prey on unwary hitchhikers.

Uhh. I am cautiously cautious.

Gim on
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Guys how do I become beautiful

• Options
    Cokebotle wrote: »

Yeah the one in closed beta. It is a lot of fun and the first Blizzard beta I have every gotten into by rng. Also f2p and the model ain't too bad.

I made a hunter deck that basically wins turn 7 or 8 guaranteed if I can get my combo off and the deck has cards to dig for the combo. It makes me feel icky but it is fun.

Favorite decks atm are my warrior deck and my pally deck. Less wins but at least I don't feel like a dick.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Winky wrote: »

Eat less, exercise more, deny yourself pleasures for long intervals.

Donkey Kong on
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Cinders wrote: »
    Syndalis, what would i have to do to acquire that butt in a reasonable amount of time?

My girlfriend is a much better person to answer that question than I... but.... (heh, but)

Lots of good exercises to firm and build the glutes. Squats and lunges immediately come to mind... though for butts like that you want to stay in the "high reps of low to medium weight" range, 3-5 sets, to fatigue, 2-3 days a week, while also maintaining a really good diet.

Also, don't just work the glutes / lower body. That can look silly, and you won't target unwanted fat in just the butt - that is a myth. Fat gets used by the body and is distributed wherever the fuck it wants to distribute it and is burned from wherever the hell it happens to be. So doing bicep curls and push ups are just as likely to get the fat out of your ankles as it is your arms.

Make sense?

edit: and just to be clear, when I say low to medium weight, I mean holding onto a couple dumbbells with your arms in a relaxed position, to add additional weight to the motions. As you get more confident you can do combo exercises to further engage your core (standing up from the squat while doing a bicep curl followed by a shoulder press is the shiiiiiit)

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options

No no he is in Cali. They have their own way. Money and surgery!

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular

the cure < the disease

• Options
    CokebotleCokebotle 穴掘りの 電車内Registered User regular

Yeah the one in closed beta. It is a lot of fun and the first Blizzard beta I have every gotten into by rng. Also f2p and the model ain't too bad.

I made a hunter deck that basically wins turn 7 or 8 guaranteed if I can get my combo off and the deck has cards to dig for the combo. It makes me feel icky but it is fun.

Favorite decks atm are my warrior deck and my pally deck. Less wins but at least I don't feel like a dick.

Well, you may feel like a dick, but at least it's efficient. Is it computer only, or mobile as well?

工事中
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    I'm up far earlier than God planned. Yawn.

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Hmm Warhammer Online has a going away thing happening where you can instantly max level, till the game shuts down on the 18th

Should I bother?

• Options

Well, you may feel like a dick, but at least it's efficient. Is it computer only, or mobile as well?

They have a tablet version in the works just not out yet. It will transition nicely though. As ccg's go it is a pretty simple base game. Though I am finding and folks are finding odd interactions. I mean besides the bugs and it is truly a beta there are some weird ass bugs.

I guess open beta is sometime this month though?

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Hmm Warhammer Online has a going away thing happening where you can instantly max level, till the game shuts down on the 18th

Should I bother?

If folks are rvr then hell yes. Game is awesome for that. Avoid any and all pve like the plague though.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Cinders wrote: »

My girlfriend is a much better person to answer that question than I... but.... (heh, but)

Lots of good exercises to firm and build the glutes. Squats and lunges immediately come to mind... though for butts like that you want to stay in the "high reps of low to medium weight" range, 3-5 sets, to fatigue, 2-3 days a week, while also maintaining a really good diet.

Also, don't just work the glutes / lower body. That can look silly, and you won't target unwanted fat in just the butt - that is a myth. Fat gets used by the body and is distributed wherever the fuck it wants to distribute it and is burned from wherever the hell it happens to be. So doing bicep curls and push ups are just as likely to get the fat out of your ankles as it is your arms.

Make sense?

edit: and just to be clear, when I say low to medium weight, I mean holding onto a couple dumbbells with your arms in a relaxed position, to add additional weight to the motions. As you get more confident you can do combo exercises to further engage your core (standing up from the squat while doing a bicep curl followed by a shoulder press is the shiiiiiit)

I already do yoga a bunch, which is a pretty good way to hit most of the muscles in my body. So I'll just incorporate squats and lunges into my weekly routine.

Though an immensely healthy diet isn't really possible right now unfortunately. Yay college.

This discussion has been closed.