As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Back in the old [chat]s when times were simpler

19495969798100»

• Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    I also need to run more, but I get so bored running.

• Options
    CokebotleCokebotle 穴掘りの 電車内Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Cokebotle wrote: »
    Cokebotle wrote: »
    Seriously though I hate playing jerk decks like that in any ccg. Blue is my least favorite color in magic for a reason.

Also if I could I would invite you all to hearthstone!

Is that the online WoW card game?

Yeah the one in closed beta. It is a lot of fun and the first Blizzard beta I have every gotten into by rng. Also f2p and the model ain't too bad.

I made a hunter deck that basically wins turn 7 or 8 guaranteed if I can get my combo off and the deck has cards to dig for the combo. It makes me feel icky but it is fun.

Favorite decks atm are my warrior deck and my pally deck. Less wins but at least I don't feel like a dick.

Well, you may feel like a dick, but at least it's efficient. Is it computer only, or mobile as well?

They have a tablet version in the works just not out yet. It will transition nicely though. As ccg's go it is a pretty simple base game. Though I am finding and folks are finding odd interactions. I mean besides the bugs and it is truly a beta there are some weird ass bugs.

I guess open beta is sometime this month though?

Cool, I might give it a try when it goes open beta.

工事中
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Hmm Warhammer Online has a going away thing happening where you can instantly max level, till the game shuts down on the 18th

Should I bother?

If folks are rvr then hell yes. Game is awesome for that. Avoid any and all pve like the plague though.

I liked some of the public quests where you got to fight cool mobs like greater demons and stufs

• Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xv3gK2bmkAk

3:18 is hilarious

and v progressive for the time
    i wonder about their stories

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Cinders wrote: »
    syndalis wrote: »
    Syndalis, what would i have to do to acquire that butt in a reasonable amount of time?

My girlfriend is a much better person to answer that question than I... but.... (heh, but)

Lots of good exercises to firm and build the glutes. Squats and lunges immediately come to mind... though for butts like that you want to stay in the "high reps of low to medium weight" range, 3-5 sets, to fatigue, 2-3 days a week, while also maintaining a really good diet.

Also, don't just work the glutes / lower body. That can look silly, and you won't target unwanted fat in just the butt - that is a myth. Fat gets used by the body and is distributed wherever the fuck it wants to distribute it and is burned from wherever the hell it happens to be. So doing bicep curls and push ups are just as likely to get the fat out of your ankles as it is your arms.

Make sense?

edit: and just to be clear, when I say low to medium weight, I mean holding onto a couple dumbbells with your arms in a relaxed position, to add additional weight to the motions. As you get more confident you can do combo exercises to further engage your core (standing up from the squat while doing a bicep curl followed by a shoulder press is the shiiiiiit)

I already do yoga a bunch, which is a pretty good way to hit most of the muscles in my body. So I'll just incorporate squats and lunges into my weekly routine.

Though an immensely healthy diet isn't really possible right now unfortunately. Yay college.

Yoga is good and you will not hear me knock it.

But adding a tiny bit of free weights into the mix, especially to increase resistance on squats/lunges will do wonders for you.

Also, if your college has gym, use stair climber for cardio. If it does not have a stair climber, find the tallest building you have access to and do those stairs. A lot. for cardio.

such firm

much butts

wow

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    I'm going to reincarnate as a naturally muscley person so I don't gotta work out.

• Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular

Get a dog.

• Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    I fucking hate scratch tickets as a gift. People think they are giving hope but it's more like giving disappointment and little silver shavings that get stuck in your clothes and nice tablecloth.

Very true.

But I've been getting them since I was old enough to scratch, so for my uncle and my family it's tradition.

White trash tradition is what made America great!

http://boingboing.net/2013/11/29/boing-boing-gift-guide-2014.html

The big white beach ball (from The Prisoner tv show) made me chuckle.

That Kinetic sand looks fun.

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    moniker wrote: »

Get a dog.

In college, and my apartment doesn't allow them.

• Options
    Hindu squats - da bes

• Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular
    moniker wrote: »

Get a dog.

In college, and my apartment doesn't allow them.

Get a secret dog.

• Options
    Chihuahuas sprint for 1 - 2 blocks then walk the rest of the time.

The preferred running dog for the lazy or very busy.

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Hmm Warhammer Online has a going away thing happening where you can instantly max level, till the game shuts down on the 18th

Should I bother?

If folks are rvr then hell yes. Game is awesome for that. Avoid any and all pve like the plague though.

I liked some of the public quests where you got to fight cool mobs like greater demons and stufs

Those were good early in the game. Really the game is shit for pve. Go kill people not mobs and it is a lot more fun.

The later keep sieges could get crazy.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Chihuahuas sprint for 1 - 2 blocks then walk the rest of the time.

The preferred running dog for the lazy or very busy.

So do greyhounds.

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular

Do you listen to much music? I find that walking and running is my favorite exercise, as I basically just get to blast noise into my ears and wander around aimlessly while also getting exercise in the process! But then, I am also a very restless person, and if I stay in my house for too long, I just end up pacing a lot which for some reason really pisses off my cat. :P

• Options
    Warhammers pve had some decent ideas but it was also buggy and soulless.

• Options
    tapeslingertapeslinger Space Unicorn Slush Ranger Social Justice Rebel ScumRegistered User regular
    oh god that boingboing list
    I can't stop reading
    too much stuff
    stuff overload >.>

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Neco wrote: »

Do you listen to much music? I find that walking and running is my favorite exercise, as I basically just get to blast noise into my ears and wander around aimlessly while also getting exercise in the process! But then, I am also a very restless person, and if I stay in my house for too long, I just end up pacing a lot which for some reason really pisses off my cat. :P

I have become kind of OCD with my running.

I have a Muse soundtrack that I have to run to - its about 90 minutes of all of Muse's more pumped-up songs, and as long as I have that soundtrack, I can keep running.

I tried running to podcasts but that failed horribly. I can run to audiobooks, but there isn't anything new I want to listen to at the moment...

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Geth, status report

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Nothing to report.

• Options
    Robot Santa, recycle this thread now.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    This thread is no longer active, and will be recycled.
    @simonwolf will create the new thread
    @Evil Multifarious is backup

• Options
    310895591_xRjsV-L-2.jpg

smCQ5WE.jpg
This discussion has been closed.