As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Do you need Friday Passes? (2 days left)

schussschuss Registered User regular
edited December 2013 in PAX East
Do you? Do you and one other person need them? Are you a bad enough dude to bid money for charity to get them?

If so.

BID IN THIS THREAD. I checked with Tube and Zerzhul on this, and while I have 2 passes on lock, I'm stuck going to a lame-o wedding while you all get to go to PAX (you god-damned bastards), so rather than scalp this shit, we're going to give money to Childs Play. Preference: A LOT OF MONEY to Child's Play.

So, to break it down,
You get: 2 Friday Passes
Child's Play Gets: Cash Money
I get: Charges on my card

Capisch?

Now bid money and make some kids happy already. Winner will have Tube contact them for where to send the money. Once I get confirmation, I'll forward the details etc.

On December 20th at 5PM EST, I will end the auction and declare the winner.

PS GIVE MONEY TO CHILDS PLAY ANYWAY.

zerzhul on

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    To be clear, this does not give permission for additional such threads.

• Options
    sillyzombie666sillyzombie666 massRegistered User regular
    I BID ONE DOLLAR

I REJECT YOUR REALITY AND SUBSTITUTE MY OWN
  • Options
    aBByNormaLaBByNormaL Registered User regular
    I BID ONE DOLLAR

really??? wow

PAX East 2016 .... gots my Passes [x] Hotel [x] Flights [x] Packed [..] .... ok we're all good !!!!!
  • Options
    FYI - if they don't get above face, I will be sorely disappointed with people.

• Options
    miker525miker525 New YorkRegistered User regular
    edited December 2013
    I already have my passes, but I am trying to help since I think this is wonderful of you. I don't have many twitter followers but I figured I give a tweet about it to hopefully bring someone who wants in :D
    if anyone wants to see what i posted

miker525 on
    weZXr66.png
    Steam - Miker525 | Xbox Live - Miker525| PSN - MikeRosenberg
    Websites - Gamerations - MikeRosenberger.com
    Pinny Pals - Miker525
  • Options
    aBByNormaL wrote: »
    I BID ONE DOLLAR

really??? wow

hey you got to get the bidding started some where, because some one will bid 2, then 3 then 5, 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 80, 90, 1 million

• Options
    Still starting at a measly $1 is a little low given it is a $150 item. @schuss I would structure the bidding with a minimum starting bid of say $20 and move it in $5 increments. And remember everybody that this is for charity in the end so bid early bid often.

PAX East 2016 .... gots my Passes [x] Hotel [x] Flights [x] Packed [..] .... ok we're all good !!!!!
  • Options
    AylaviereAylaviere Overlord Vancouver, BCRegistered User regular
    edited July 2023
    [Deleted]

Aylaviere on
    East 2015: Hostel/Hotel [✓] Time Off [✓] 3 Day Pass [✓] Pokecrawl [ ]
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    I would not put an end date just yet but wait for bids to move north and once it is in earnest then figure a fair date to tie it off.

aBByNormaL on
  • Options
    Yeah, once we get some activity I'll put an end date. No point yet. I'll likely just stop it 3 days after it hits face value.

• Options
    Still starting at a measly $1 is a little low given it is a $150 item. @schuss I would structure the bidding with a minimum starting bid of say $20 and move it in $5 increments. And remember everybody that this is for charity in the end so bid early bid often.

it is only $80 for a pair of tickets $40 each. 2 3 days would be $150

fine i'll go up to $40 its not like in going to be the winning bid some one will outbid me

• Options
    Sry my bad poor memory on that front for some reason I had $75 in my brain. But $40 is a good start, now all we need is some momentum.

• Options
    Sry my bad poor memory on that front for some reason I had $75 in my brain. But $40 is a good start, now all we need is some momentum.

yeah they why i bid a buck because i thought a bunch of people would go OK I BID 2 and so on and so on

• Options
    MantoothMantooth Registered User regular
    Hmm. I was originally unable to attend, now I can. Tickets are sold out, and scalpers are asking upwards of 60$ a piece for Friday tickets. I will gladly pay you scalped ticket price to give to one of my favorite charities for me and a buddy to drive down to boston for the convention that Friday. My bid is 120$ for both tickets.

• Options
    Now if only someone had tickets for the other days that they would auction off for charity...

• Options
    Good on you, good luck

• Options
    VapokVapok Just a Guy. BostonRegistered User regular
    edited December 2013
    Great idea for a charity auction. If only we could make these three day badges, but I totally support this!

@schuss - I wouldn't make the end date so quick. These things sometimes take time to generate steam and it's all in how it's advertised and ran. Making it easy for people to find and figure out where the bid (instead of parsing through walls of text and conversation) will entice people to bid. If I were running this, I'd put an end date of 3 Weeks Prior to PAX East to allow for finality of payment processing and ensure delivery. I would also change the Title of this Thread to something like "Child's Play Badge Auction" something that makes it clear to people browsing the thread list that this is an auction, not just a thread trying to sell badges that @zerzhul might end up closing.

Bidding History
    (I'll try to keep this updated unless the OP wants to take over)
    1) sillyzombie666 - $1 / ticket
    2) sillyzombie666 - $40 / ticket
    3) Mantooth - $60 / ticket
    4)
    5)
    6)
    7)

Vapok on
    enforceruserbarsplitcro.png
    Vapok
  • Options
    True, but I thought the point was to get the money to child's play before the holiday?

• Options
    Vapok wrote: »
    Great idea for a charity auction. If only we could make these three day badges, but I totally support this!

@schuss - I wouldn't make the end date so quick. These things sometimes take time to generate steam and it's all in how it's advertised and ran. Making it easy for people to find and figure out where the bid (instead of parsing through walls of text and conversation) will entice people to bid. If I were running this, I'd put an end date of 3 Weeks Prior to PAX East to allow for finality of payment processing and ensure delivery. I would also change the Title of this Thread to something like "Child's Play Badge Auction" something that makes it clear to people browsing the thread list that this is an auction, not just a thread trying to sell badges that @zerzhul might end up closing.

Bidding History
    (I'll try to keep this updated unless the OP wants to take over)
    1) sillyzombie666 - $1 / ticket
    2) sillyzombie666 - $40 / ticket
    3) Mantooth - $60 / ticket
    4)
    5)
    6)
    7)

Thanks!

Given that people likely want confirmation for Xmas, we'll run this out until the 20th. On December 20th at 5PM EST, I will end the auction and declare the winner.

• Options
    wait is the bid price for the pair or per ticket

• Options
    It is for the pair but it was reflected as per ticket

• Options
    It is for the pair but it was reflected as per ticket

well my $40 was for the pair, not each still ,under face but i thought it was a bit better than the $. the only reson im saying this now i dont want some one to bid say $200 then have em freak and find out that it was per ticket, know what i mean?

• Options
    Understood, when @schuss posted it was for the pair

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    yeah I think vapok misunderstood sillyzombie666's bid

• Options
    it doesn't matter now, im way over bid, i was trying to get a pair for a 11 year old and his mom since he BUGGGGGS the hell out of me to bring him lol. i have told like 40 people about this post so im sure these tickets will get up there

• Options
    VapokVapok Just a Guy. BostonRegistered User regular
    I misunderstood nuttin'! =)

OK.. maybe sumthin'. =P

enforceruserbarsplitcro.png
    Vapok
  • Options
    If no one bids again, I am willing to go higher since it is for charity. Just let me know what your target was.

• Options
    There's no target, just had passes to get rid of and wanted to do it some way better than just craigslisting them, since there's a good opportunity for a charity donation.

• Options
    meyekeymeyekey Registered User new member
    I would like to bid $130 for the pair of tickets.

• Options
    I will bid 140$

• Options
    Awesome.

Remember everyone:

2 DAYS LEFT!

(cue Majora's Mask splash)

• Options
    ShadeKynthShadeKynth Registered User new member
    This is a fantastic idea!

Is there any chance something like this could be incorporated into regular ticket sales? Reserve a certain percentage of the general tickets and inflate the cost with a built-in donation to Child's Play? It could allow fans with more financial means to contribute to a worthy cause and still get a ticket, instead of having them go off to scalpers on eBay or something.

• Options
    jonezenjonezen Registered User regular
    This is a great idea for people like me who are always late to the party. I will happily bid $75/ticket.

• Options
    You need to express your bid for the pair ...

• Options
    As long as people pay up, that's all that matters.

$150 for the pair, currently.

• Options
    jonezenjonezen Registered User regular
    You need to express your bid for the pair ...

To clarify my bid was $ 75 / ticket. The total donation comes to $150 for the pair.

• Options
    I will bid 160$ for the pair.

• Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    My crew and I already have passes but screw it... for the chillin'!

I BID TWENTY THREE THOUSAND FIVE HUNDRED. RUPEES!!
    (rounded up to the nearest dollar)

http://www.xe.com/currencyconverter/convert/?Amount=23500&From=LKR&To=USD

Just to make sure there's no confusion, that's about $180 USD.
    Unless of course Sri Lanka suddenly finds oil or enriched uranium and makes all kind of "dolla dolla bills y'all"

MMMig on
    l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    Well, I'm out, better luck next year.

• Options
    LESS THAN SIX HOURS REMAIN