As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

All Good Things...

124»

• Options
    Big DookieBig Dookie Smells great! Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Oh, and before i forget, Super Metroid
    To be fair, it wasn't so much the ending that was good, but the final boss fight itself. Although the final boss fight is pretty much out of your hands anyway - looking back on it, it's almost an "interactive" ending that begins right after you fight Mother Brain in her first form. For its time, it was really something else.

Big Dookie on
    Steam | Twitch
    Oculus: TheBigDookie | XBL: Dook | NNID: BigDookie
  • Options
    Mr BubblesMr Bubbles David Koresh Superstar Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    goatboy wrote: »
    Also, the ending to Sonic 3 & Knuckles completely ruined all other Sonic endings for me. It's just so epic.

Is it wrong that every bit of music in this sends shivers down my spine? What an awesome game

Mr Bubbles on
  • Options
    Gorilla SaladGorilla Salad Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I liked the ending to The Darkness.

Gorilla Salad on
  • Options
    roywhitbyroywhitby Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    The last game I beat was Suikoden and the ending was pretty good. There was a good amount of closure I think.

roywhitby on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    APZonerunnerAPZonerunner Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Honestly, FF9's ending I loved.

After FF7's "make up your own mind" ending and FF8's ending which just didn't sit quite right with me, it was nice to get a long-ass, 30 minute ending sequence that explained what happened to all major characters, playable or otherwise.

Like FF6 in that respect.

And the happy ending was pretty cool. It wasn't bittersweet or anything like that, it was just a plain out, fairytale happy ending in what to me was a perfect fairytale RPG land. Love it.

APZonerunner on
    APZonerunner | RPG Site | UFFSite | The Gaming Vault
    XBL/PSN/Steam: APZonerunner
  • Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    edited September 2007

After FF7's "make up your own mind" ending and FF8's ending which just didn't sit quite right with me, it was nice to get a long-ass, 30 minute ending sequence that explained what happened to all major characters, playable or otherwise.

And the happy ending was pretty cool. It wasn't bittersweet or anything like that, it was just a plain out, fairytale happy ending in what to me was a perfect fairytale RPG land. Love it.
    Except for the fact that Vivi is probably dead of old age.

jothki on
  • Options
    APZonerunnerAPZonerunner Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    jothki wrote: »

Except for the fact that Vivi is probably dead of old age.
    He is indeed dead. Sakaguchi said in an interview somewhere that the letter to Zidane that's read out is from Vivi, written before he died. The upside, of course, is there's now LOTS of Vivis, and they've been accepted within society as opposed to being shunned as war machines. Still happy!

APZonerunner on
    APZonerunner | RPG Site | UFFSite | The Gaming Vault
    XBL/PSN/Steam: APZonerunner