As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Wolfcomics II: Son of Wolfcomics

1656667686971»

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    oh wow

so you have some inside scoop that Sabremau left because we were all dicks to him, or is that the baseless speculation it appears to be?

I'm admittedly more of a sporadic webcrumble thread reader so I may have missed some serious dramas, but I was under the impression that Sabremau was pretty well liked?

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »
    You guys are being really effing rude to ronya

jesus

I know it's really difficult not being an extremely smug and cliquey echo chamber when it comes to niche content but I see why Sabremau et al left

nah

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited December 2013

jesus

I know it's really difficult not being an extremely smug and cliquey echo chamber when it comes to niche content but I see why Sabremau et al left
    Really?

Theres differing interpretations and theres being a huge obtuse goose thats deliberatly misunderstanding something.

Also way to be cool and try to shame people dawg. Real pro move

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    GjbZujV.png

• Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    Seems like everyone loves a good dogpile at the end of the day

Even you

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    Months of careful preparation had led them to this moment, deep beneath the twisted and corrupt Webcomics Thread the conspirators hauled the last charge into place and began connecting the detonators and fuses, they could only pray that their sacrifice would not be in vain. That the cleansing would be complete and goodness would return to the Thread, and evil be banished for a generation or more.

The explosion was silent at first, a burst of light and confused jumbled images flew past the starkly outlined figures who stood in awe of the majesty they had unleashed, even as they began to slump to the ground they shared one last smile. One form recurred throughout the images that seared into their corneas, a strangely perfect circle that could not have been drawn by any human artifice, and finally as the lights swelled to a horrifying crescendo a single sound was heard throughout the land, with power that shook the Thread from the rotten foundations high unto the lofty towers.

WHOMP!

2012-06-29-Buying-Into-The-Skype.jpg

2011-09-19-Dullard-Blind.jpg

2012-04-23-Endless-Slapsticks.jpg

2011-09-14-Shaved-By-The-Belle.jpg

2011-03-02-It%27s-Crunch-Time.jpg

2012-05-21-Ant-Agony.jpg

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    oh wow

so you have some inside scoop that Sabremau left because we were all dicks to him, or is that the baseless speculation it appears to be?

I'm admittedly more of a sporadic webcrumble thread reader so I may have missed some serious dramas, but I was under the impression that Sabremau was pretty well liked?

Sabermaru just quit posting. Nobody knows why. People have speculated everything from dickwolves to Romney losing the election to authors nit liking the edit thread. but he never actually told anyone

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    oh wow

Sabermaru just quit posting. Nobody knows why. People have speculated everything from dickwolves to Romney losing the election to authors nit liking the edit thread. but he never actually told anyone

It was a bit awkward when we all thought he might be dead. Then he posted a youtube video saying he's alive and to get over it, pretty much.

• Options
    FAQFAQ Registered User regular
    i'm sabremau

• Options
    FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    I'm Sabretooth.

rawr.

• Options
    shut

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    oh wow

oh good, so the insinuation that he left because we're all cliquish jerks is baseless goosery to derail an unrelated debate and not based on any sort of known truth.

Good stuff

• Options
    Personally, I think he left so that people could use his leaving as a rhetorical weapon in conversations that had nothing to do with him.

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Langly wrote: »

jesus

nah

to elaborate:

An echo chamber needs to have people constantly in agreement, or who disagree on such small points as to be insignificant, and they also have to reject all actual disagreement.

That isn't happening, and hasn't happened. ronya is loudly being a huge goose over silly criticisms, and he voices those opinions in an annoying manner.

I don't care who likes John Allison's writing or characters or story. I don't care if they post that they hate it in this thread! But ronya specifically highlighted story problems that weren't present. Then people pointed out how that wasn't the case, then he just got belligerent.

If you think the comic is overly sentimental or too charming for its own good or whatever, then fine! Those are things that can't be addressed other than "yeah, that's ok, this is going to be too twee british for some people."

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    I never thought I could hate a discussion about bad machinery this much

• Options
    Langly wrote: »
    "yeah, that's ok, this is going to be too twee british for some people."

yo
    I admit i aint read it at all since it had that other name

• Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    Okay, we're done here for a while.

8406wWN.png
This discussion has been closed.