As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Unofficial Forum Stylesheet - Ye Olde Style

• Options
    emp123emp123 Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    Looks normal for me, running latest Chrome on Windows 7.\

EDIT: Spoke too soon, wonky for me too now.

emp123 on
  • Options
    IcyLiquidIcyLiquid Two Steaks Montreal, QuebecAdministrator, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Sprites were updated. They're better quality now, but the formatting for them is different a a result.

• Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    If you want a quick fix throw in

.ButtonBar .ButtonWrap {
    background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);
    }

to your own style so it'll be easy to remove once he updates.

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    thanks Suriko I really appreciate the length of time you have been maintaining this.

• Options
    The DeliveratorThe Deliverator Slingin Pies The California BurbclavesRegistered User regular
    I don't know if this is outside the scope of what you are willing to do, but is there any way you can have the forum changes not effect the comments section on The PA Report? Because of the comment system being integrated with the forum it changes some of the coloration and formatting making usernames unreadable and comment voting broken, among other issues. Regardless, thanks for all the effort you've put into giving us a great looking forum!

• Options
    SurikoSuriko AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Updated to account for the nifty new game code functionality (which can be seen on the Steam thread).

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Icy sits upon his code throne, staring at the numerous monitors before him.

His eyes narrow.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Maybe Im the only one experiencing this, but when I hover over the Agree/Awesome/Bro? things to see who clicked them the hover thing stops working after I the page's first Bro?

I have the issue on both my Windows 7 machine and my OSX laptop, although the laptop seems a little more consistent about correctly displaying the hover thing.

I think the issue began after a Chrome update, after the broing of the forums, but Im not totally sure.

• Options
    EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    that's my script and yeah it broke when bro was added because I wasn't escaping the bro.

I did update it but I don't know if I mentioned it anywhere.

I think new versions of suriko's stylesheet don't hide the reactions.

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Options
    EsseeEssee The pinkest of hair. Victoria, BCRegistered User regular
    End wrote: »

Correct! But if somebody wants reaction icons hidden until you hover, of course, there's still a place for your script. Personally I like seeing hilarious numbers of reactions when I scroll down the page, though.

Hmmm, speaking of, though... This has been an issue for a while now... when there are a TON of reactions on a post, eventually the icons will overflow into someone's sig (starting at 30 if it's a max-size image). Also, ANY reaction icons at all will similarly ALWAYS run into the last line of their post if they have a sig only one one line long (or less-- I swear I have occasionally seen who "have a sig" because the separator appears beneath their post, but nothing's in it) and the last line (or more) of their post happens to be long enough to reach the reaction area. I kind of like having reactions within the post (as opposed to always beneath the post as in the default style), but it does suck when they overrun part of the post like that. Here is an example post where the post's actual text gets covered, not just the sig, even at a 1080p resolution. It's not a big deal since posts popular enough for the sig issue aren't very common, and if you're on a large resolution like I am, posts with a long enough last line to cause the post-covering problem are rare too. These issues would probably happen a lot more often if I were using a smaller window or a smaller resolution, though! So I just thought I should mention it.

• Options
    that's my script and yeah it broke when bro was added because I wasn't escaping the bro.

It's weird, it seems to be working fine on my laptop, where I think the script is installed via Taper Monkey (or something, but I think it auto updated about 10 days ago), but I have issues on my desktop where the script is I think installed directly into Chrome which doesn't get updates (I assume).

Anyway, thanks for the link (and the script!) I'll see if it helps when I get home.

• Options
    edited October 2013
    tapermonkey is probably querying the url periodically for updates

tapermonkey might be a good idea anyway, since chrome made it harder to update anything not on the web store (such as user scripts) a lot more annoying

End on
  • Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular

I'd been wondering about this, thanks a ton!

• Options
    edited October 2013
  • Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    muuuch better, thanks!

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    edited November 2013
    So I think there was an update, because the post reply button bar now looks like this to me:

Edit: Looks like it was reverted back to an earlier version of the bar now.

skeldare on
    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    The buttons on the new toolbar are temperamental for me, they only work like half the time, not sure if it's an issue with the custom style-sheet or not.
    (Firefox 25.0, Linux).

Zilla360 on
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    So @syndalis has an apple logo in his posts which makes it very difficult to read his posts. This little snippet of code removes it from his posts:
    body .MessageList .Item.Role_LovesAppleProducts .Item-BodyWrap {
        background-image: url("") !important;
        background-position: right bottom;
        background-repeat: no-repeat;
    }

Not sure if you want to add this to the official one or not.

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    I am sure that without that addon, any long post I write must be horrible to read in this stylesheet.

Absolutely terrible.

It must burn your eyes.

Hey guys, I really Love Apple products.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    we had no idea

• Options
    I can see again! Praise be to the Apple Remover! They could at least offer red, like actual apples...

• Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    edited November 2013
    9IxTNBL.png
    woops

agoaj on
    ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    Am I the only one getting a 500 internal server error when going to the style's homepage?

• Options
    Nope, same here. What is happening?!?!

• Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    Is @Suriko aware of this?

Is there a way we can copy the style from a computer and put it on a phone? I want to browse the forums on my new phone. :cry:

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Yeah, worst case, it could probably be posted on a pastebin or something in the meantime

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    RandomHajileRandomHajile Not actually a Snatcher The New KremlinRegistered User regular

Is there a way we can copy the style from a computer and put it on a phone? I want to browse the forums on my new phone. :cry:
    Your phone doesn't just go to the mobile version of the forums? The mobile layout is awesome, and still (weirdly IMO) uses the classic color scheme without a stylesheet.

• Options

Your phone doesn't just go to the mobile version of the forums? The mobile layout is awesome, and still (weirdly IMO) uses the classic color scheme without a stylesheet.

Yeah, but I almost exclusively use Bookmarks and I don't see a way to view those in the mobile version.

• Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular

Yeah, but I almost exclusively use Bookmarks and I don't see a way to view those in the mobile version.

I just have Bookmarks bookmarked

• Options
    RandomHajileRandomHajile Not actually a Snatcher The New KremlinRegistered User regular
    captaink wrote: »

I just have Bookmarks bookmarked
    Yeah:
    http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussions/bookmarked

• Options
    I have absolutely no idea why the Error 500 is occuring. It doesn't even seem to be happening to other styles, just mine. Weird.

The css file appears to be directly visible at http://userstyles.org/styles/50838.css at least

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    @Suriko what can I do with the CSS? Pasting it into a new style doesn't seem to work.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Suriko wrote: »
    I have absolutely no idea why the Error 500 is occuring. It doesn't even seem to be happening to other styles, just mine. Weird.
    It's almost as if some rogue tech guy was targeting you...

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    Suriko wrote: »
    It's almost as if some rogue tech guy was targeting you...

Ex-KGB maybe, with a grudge against the west.

• Options
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    @Suriko what can I do with the CSS? Pasting it into a new style doesn't seem to work.

My working copy doesn't have the first 2 lines or the last line (closing brace) at the end. Try removing those?

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    That did the trick! Thanks, Xeddicus!

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Is anyone else having troubles accessing Userstyles.org? I'm trying to get Ye Olde Style on my new work PC, and I'm getting 500 and 502 errors for the page. Oddly other pages of userstyles loads up fine.

• Options
    If you scroll up some you'll see that issue has been around for a bit now. Also the workaround.

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    I tried writing the CSS file and deleting the lines that you recommended, but it's still not working. Am I applying it incorrectly? Should it be forums.penny-arcade.com?