As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Cropping usernames in the forum display

JaninJanin Registered User regular
As much fun as it is to have a user named "Fluffy, Our Beloved Flopsy Bunny Friend", whenever somebody with such a massive name posts it makes the forum display hard to read. This effect is especially pronounced on small monitors. Could you please either crop names to a sane length, or add an option so users may opt to do so?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Janin on

• Stupid Mr Whoopsie NameStupid Mr Whoopsie Name Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2007
    I thought if a name had a space it should just break at the space and stack the name, instead of keepingitallinonelongstringlikethis!

Stupid Mr Whoopsie Name on
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    The joke of giving people an annoying username as some sort of punishment for wanting their name changed got old very fast and now it's even a nuisance to the whole forum.

Aldo on
  • Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2007
    It's not punishment. It's the risk of playing the name change game.
    But yeah, it is pretty annoying.

Me Too! on
  • _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2007
    The long names don't harm my display.

_J_ on
  • Randall_FlaggRandall_Flagg Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    unless you have your window shrunk down to a ridiculous degree, a name with spaces in it shouldn't be breaking your tables

Randall_Flagg on
  • Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2007
    It doesn't really break them, but it does happen.
    The really long names, like Fuzzy cumulonimbus cloud end up overlapping with the thread titles. I've had it happen on my laptop.

Me Too! on
  • JaninJanin Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    unless you have your window shrunk down to a ridiculous degree, a name with spaces in it shouldn't be breaking your tables

Keep in mind that there are two columns a long name can occupy. For example, recently both columns were taken by long names in D&D, and the actual title column was reduced to ~200px.

Janin on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]