As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[League of Legends] Now playing the SaltyTeemo drinking game

• Options
    Dropping LoadsDropping Loads Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    I understand the reason behind giving regen to the inhibitor turrets to curb split-pushing, but it seems to really extend games in normal play. I'd like them to try it where it can regen player damage but not minion damage, or have the regen work in 25% blocks (i.e. if you get it to 74% health it only regens up to 75%) or something like that to add a bit more end game inevitability to a stalled game.

Edit: On SaltyTeemo, why are Warmogs and Thornmail considered mockable? I get that Statikk Shiv is always going to be better than Hurricane, but there are situations and champs where Warmogs and Thornmail are good choices.

Dropping Loads on
    Sceptre: Penny Arcade, where you get starcraft AND marriage advice.
    3clipse: The key to any successful marriage is a good mid-game transition.
  • Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    There is pretty much no situation where warmogs is better then just buying visage or heart/randuins.

Unless you're Mundo I guess.

Thornmail is also pretty trap mode because if you need it that bad you're probably getting poked down with skills anyway so it isn't going to save you in the long run. It might do a little good if the other team just doesn't notice you have it?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    Thornmail is a fine item if you pick it up as a third or fourth item against certain champions like tryndamere. It helps you duel them so they can't just splitpush endlessly. In general, though, there are much better items for almost every other situation.

psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
  • Options
    Cool, thanks. You're right that the build order does make a big difference.

• Options
    Joe KJoe K Registered User regular
    I understand the reason behind giving regen to the inhibitor turrets to curb split-pushing, but it seems to really extend games in normal play. I'd like them to try it where it can regen player damage but not minion damage, or have the regen work in 25% blocks (i.e. if you get it to 74% health it only regens up to 75%) or something like that to add a bit more end game inevitability to a stalled game.

Edit: On SaltyTeemo, why are Warmogs and Thornmail considered mockable? I get that Statikk Shiv is always going to be better than Hurricane, but there are situations and champs where Warmogs and Thornmail are good choices.

i dont think it's the regen that's extending games, i think its that only the down inhibitor lane's minions get stronger instead of all minions is all lanes when an inhib is down. there's a lot less pressure generated this season when you drop an inhib.

• Options
    Hmmm, I'll have to pay more attention. In my games it seems like it takes longer to get the first inhib down, not so much that the game takes longer once the first inhib falls. I know they made the change you're talking about, I just haven't noticed it much.

• Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    They should just pinch the Dawngate map along with all the S4 support mechanics :P

Though really Spirit wells are awesome and I wish we had those or something similar.

• Options
    AustralopitenicoAustralopitenico Registered User regular
    They should just pinch the Dawngate map along with all the S4 support mechanics :P

Though really Spirit wells are awesome and I wish we had those or something similar.

We also desperately need more sheep being thrown around.

• Options
    me, i'm waiting for poros to migrate from the murder bridge to the rift.

• Options
    MiniwolfMiniwolf Probably somewhere sniffing somethingRegistered User regular

mundo + olaf roatating axes = dead adcs.

League Of Legends: Ulven
    Q98DBY0.pngwolfmini.png
  • Options
    A-PuckA-Puck Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    spoiler for k3 v kmt
    Yeah, that was a bit of a slaughter. K3 couldn't do anything to Kmt

A-Puck on
    Soon... soon I will install you, my precious.
  • Options
    Miniwolf wrote: »

so, is Deman gone?

• Options
    MiniwolfMiniwolf Probably somewhere sniffing somethingRegistered User regular
    edited December 2013
    Joe K wrote: »

so, is Deman gone?

No, Deman works for riot. This is ESL. ESL is a separate organization currently running the qualifiers, in the same way WellPlayed is running NA qualifiers. Joe Miller still works for ESL and did not get hired by riot. I enjoy Demans style of casting I know you hate it, but he got voted best gaming caster this year and most people really like him.

Miniwolf on
    League Of Legends: Ulven
    Q98DBY0.pngwolfmini.png
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Gonna be so pissed when being such a strong support gets annie the nerf bat.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    Joe K wrote: »

so, is Deman gone?

No, Deman works for riot. This is ESL. ESL is a separate organization currently running the qualifiers, in the same way WellPlayed is running NA qualifiers. Joe Miller still works for ESL and did not get hired by riot. I enjoy Demans style of casting I know you hate it, but he got voted best gaming caster this year and most people really like him.

i actually like him, wish his cadence wasn't as repetitive, and i would have been upset to see him go, i was just asking.

although i do think that monte is much better.

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Oh christ 2/0 lucian before laning even starts.

Good Game STO

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    this game looks like it could be on salty.

ouch 4-0 lucian at 7m that's gonna leave a mark

Joe K on
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Alright, home from Christmas shopping, let's see if -
    Summoners, Ranked Queues have been disabled due to reoccurring lag issues.

Damn it, EUW.

• Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Burnage wrote: »

Damn it, EUW.

At this point it's more post worthy if EUW is working as intended.

• Options
    Cait handled that lane really well. And then Kass.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    So last night, in champ select i'm doing my thing, accusing people who play Kassadin of being anti-semites.

And then a guy on my team actually starts in on the jews, and about how we're all living the jewish lifestyle now (because we lend money at interest).

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    dasnoobdasnoob ArkansasRegistered User regular
    I think I'm starting to get the hang of jungle. Either that or the S4 jungle really works with my playstyle. We had a Fid go afk and I had to help cover top for a while against Talon. That was a pain. He couldn't kill me with an all-in but it left me low enough on life I would have to recall. Managed not to die and held on long enough or the other lanes to get ahead a little. There Eve didn't really gank. Not sure what she was doing but Eve should be ganking everytime she passes a lane with current vision imo.

hlkhL6q.jpg

• Options
    edited December 2013
    Wow. What a great game.
    ADC got fed? No worries, we've got Kassadin and Taric. And then the comeback. And the other comeback. ALL THE COMBACKS.

A-Puck on
  • Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular
    Just pulled out of a really rough losing streak in ranked with a game playing Jayce top where I absolutely carried. I'm taking this as a sign from the gods that I should play nothing but Jayce from now on.

• Options
    MarthMarth Registered User regular
    I'm able to play this game at max settings now on a 23 inch monitor (instead of a 15-inch laptop). It's actually a little disorienting.

Steam PSN LoL: SadSchaub Battle.net: SadSchaub#1357
  • Options
    Qualifiers are great because the players are good, but not quite there so you see both crazy awesome plays that were too risky for the pros and 0/3/2 Kass rockin the mejais

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    aaaan Pentakill!
    CW, headed back to the lcs.

• Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    Burnage wrote: »

Damn it, EUW.
    We tried to play EUW earlier...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sn4anN8ty7s

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    And we've got some really interesting picks going on, including Sivr/Leona v Lucian/Gragas. Karma vs Elise top.

• Options
    AustralopitenicoAustralopitenico Registered User regular
    Gragas support!

I told you it could be a thing!

• Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    STO started so strong but it looks like its going down hill.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Holy crap, dat Hydra active kill.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    Coin path is so much better than relic shield path. Targon's is a little stronger for a short period, but it's meh in the long run.

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    Feels Good ManFeels Good Man Registered User regular
  • Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    Still waiting on that login selection option riot

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Talith wrote: »
    Well, it will probably happen before ranked Dominion.

• Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »
    Talith wrote: »
    Well, it will probably happen before ranked Dominion.

Now that's just MEAN. Accurate, but mean.

• Options
    edited December 2013
    Sprout wrote: »
    Thanks

Holy crap that guy has a hell of a voice.

e: I really like this Wombat as a play by play. That was probably the best play by play I've ever heard on one of these events. Like close to professional level baseball play by play.

A-Puck on
  • Options
    pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    edited December 2013
    I strongly dislike these casters

e: nevermind, these two are decent. The other other they have are insufferably bad.

pyromaniac221 on
    psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
This discussion has been closed.