As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Spike VGX Awards] Come for the reveals, leave with the shame

• Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    Chance wrote: »
    This is the trailer that Geoff's been spooging about for the past two months?

And we still don't know what's inside the basement.

(woo, two for two)

• WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular

(woo, two for two)

Go to a dungeon

dN0T6ur.png
  • TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    Geoff's spooging over Titanfall actually makes me kind of dislike the game, and I'm really excited about it.

Don't go hocking one game when you're being paid to talk about eight or nine others.

Joel McHale seems to have picked up on the same thing as me.

• KroenenKroenen Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    Just called the 888 number on the Titanfall trailer(888-88-TITAN). It has a corporate dude and hold-music talking about asking your sales representative about a 'Live Fire Beta Test'. Then it said call volume was at max and hung up. Hm. Beta-signup?

Kroenen on
  • zllehszllehs Hiding in a box, waiting to strike.Registered User regular

(woo, two for two)

*High five*

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Crayon wrote: »
    Yep. There's something I've been thinking about all night, it's been plodding and sitting there-I'm pretty sure they took zero journalistic votes into account with these awards. I'm absolutely positive they just spread the shit around to appear they know what the fuck they're doing. Naughty Dog winning like I knew is my paranoid cement on that truth.

http://blog.jeffgerstmann.net/post/69033335628/jeff-as-a-spike-tv-judge-do-you-have-any-input-on-the
    Anonymous asked:
    Jeff, as a Spike TV judge do you have any input on the nominees? How does that get hashed out? Nothing against Spike or the demographics they're after, but the list they put out is a haphazard mess. The Best Voice Actress category is super gross, too.

We get a blank sheet with each category listed. I fill mine up with a few games in each category, then email it in. Some time after that, the nominees get announced. Then, from that list of nominees, I vote on winners in each category and file that by email. Then, I guess, they’re announced on TV during the show.

Or, at least, that’s how it’s been in past years. I guess they’re livestreaming online this year and then airing some sort of edited down, lower-key version of the show on Spike in some kind of ungodly weeknight timeslot next week. Not having to rope in a TV audience should hopefully make the show better, since they can just focus on games and not “stars” or whatever. Still, seems weird to not have it be a big ol’ live TV broadcast, since that was sort of its main appeal.

liEt3nH.png
  • jeffinvajeffinva Koogler coming this summerRegistered User regular
    Wow it actually got worse.

This thing could not have been rehearsed or taped.

Impossible that they'd leave all this crap in.

Aaaaaand music time

Good

Time to bail

This was awful, I would have been better served sticking my thumb up my ass and running in circles

dN0T6ur.png
  • SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    Oh god we're back to the concert people noooooo

s7Imn5J.png
  • CrayonCrayon Sleeps in the wrong bed. TejasRegistered User regular
    Yep. There's something I've been thinking about all night, it's been plodding and sitting there-I'm pretty sure they took zero journalistic votes into account with these awards. I'm absolutely positive they just spread the shit around to appear they know what the fuck they're doing. Naughty Dog winning like I knew is my paranoid cement on that truth.

http://blog.jeffgerstmann.net/post/69033335628/jeff-as-a-spike-tv-judge-do-you-have-any-input-on-the
    Anonymous asked:
    Jeff, as a Spike TV judge do you have any input on the nominees? How does that get hashed out? Nothing against Spike or the demographics they're after, but the list they put out is a haphazard mess. The Best Voice Actress category is super gross, too.

We get a blank sheet with each category listed. I fill mine up with a few games in each category, then email it in. Some time after that, the nominees get announced. Then, from that list of nominees, I vote on winners in each category and file that by email. Then, I guess, they’re announced on TV during the show.

Or, at least, that’s how it’s been in past years. I guess they’re livestreaming online this year and then airing some sort of edited down, lower-key version of the show on Spike in some kind of ungodly weeknight timeslot next week. Not having to rope in a TV audience should hopefully make the show better, since they can just focus on games and not “stars” or whatever. Still, seems weird to not have it be a big ol’ live TV broadcast, since that was sort of its main appeal.

No no. I know what THEY say, I just don't believe it. I know they VOTE, I'm saying that they don't use them.

• C2BC2B SwitzerlandRegistered User regular
    KILLLLLLL MEEEEEE

• AnarchyAnarchy Registered User regular
    Oh, was that it? Kind of a weird transition.

"Oh, well, this would be one of those circumstances that people unfamiliar with the law of large numbers would call a coincidence."
  • ChanceChance Registered User regular
    Wyborn wrote: »
    Aaaaaand music time

Good

Time to bail

This was awful, I would have been better served sticking my thumb up my ass and running in circles

Yep. XCOM is callin' my name.

'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
    One of these guys outside just said "I love to sit backwards on a toilet to poop and eat at the same time."

I don't quite remember that in GTA.

"You can buy cheese".

WHAT THE FUCK.

IT'S NEAR THE END BUT I DON'T KNOW IF I CAN KEEP GOING

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Holy shit this is a trainwreck. Incredibly.

Oh god it's even worse now that they've tossed to outside.

AKWARDNESSS ALL AROUNDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Dear Wyborn in the future

If you ever watch another VGA show

Well

Don't fucking do it

Love,
    Yourself from the past

dN0T6ur.png
  • AoiAoi Registered User regular
    Love the absolute disdain from Zampella when asked about Kinect usage in TItanfall.

• Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    Wraith260 wrote: »
    famous last words and all that, but i can't see how they could possibly make it any worse than it's been in the past.

wow. i don't normally do this, but i have to admit it. i was so very wrong on that front. unbelievably wrong. i don't think there's any way to express just how wrong i was. i mean it was a terrible and yet at times hilarious train wreck, but my god if its wasn't so much worse than their attempts to be a serious awards show.

i feel sorry for everyone involved, and for everyone who watched it. on behalf of Spike TV i apologize to the gaming world.

No Man's Sky does look crazy fuck awesome though, so there's that.....

Soooo...is there a reason they couldn't have just had the awards show outside on the stage they have there, in front of this crowd of people? I think it would've helped to direct the show towards a better...I dunno. Maybe helped to ground McHale from going too crazy...? Nevermind, they couldn't save this thing if they tried.

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular

Anonymous asked:

No no. I know what THEY say, I just don't believe it. I know they VOTE, I'm saying that they don't use them.

you know it's possible that people voting like things you don't

liEt3nH.png
  • ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    Heh, I'm surprised Spike allowed them to spit uncensored.

• BillyIdleBillyIdle What does "katana" mean? It means "Japanese sword."Registered User regular
    I don't really have anything better to do, so this is killing time for me. Joel did make me laugh a lot though, so there's that.

PSN: BillyIdle_
    The real tragedy here is that last year's VGAs was actually pretty good.

We got Dark Souls 2 announced from VGAs. Walking Dead got GOTY.

It's just incredible how they took such a sharp left turn that this is now even worse than the worst VGAs.

Wyborn wrote: »
    Dear Wyborn in the future

If you ever watch another VGA show

Well

Don't fucking do it

Love,
    Yourself from the past

Future Wyborn, like future C2B, is a complete moron.

They will have their reveals. And we will answer to their call.

It's punishment. For everything.

Zxerol wrote: »
    Heh, I'm surprised Spike allowed them to spit uncensored.

The internet is free, man. It'll be censored when it's up on Spike later this week(and online replays), for sure.

I'd actually be interested in watching this on TV, to see if they edit it down heavily and cut McHale out as much as possible.

• The ListenerThe Listener Registered User regular
    I am admittedly rather loving the live music concert, but why on earth are the two DJs there when they got a live band behind them preforming pretty much everything?

• Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    Kroenen wrote: »
    Soooo...is there a reason they couldn't have just had the awards show outside on the stage they have there, in front of this crowd of people? I think it would've helped to direct the show towards a better...I dunno. Maybe helped to ground McHale from going too crazy...? Nevermind, they couldn't save this thing if they tried.

Those aren't willing attendants, they're hostages. The music drowns out any of them being able to cry for help, which they'd be able to do if they were in the studio for the awards parts.

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    I am admittedly rather loving the live music concert, but why on earth are the two DJs there when they got a live band behind them preforming pretty much everything?

Yeah, this isn't bad. Not even my favorite genre of music and I'm enjoying it.

Dehumanized on
  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    I do not, in fact, have to like it. Why? Because the hood doesn't love it.

• Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    The audience is going wild.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    GTA had an amazeballs soundtrack, not even counting the licensed stuff.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
    At least it's clear that someone involved in this show rehearsed for something. Thanks, everybody in the band

• mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »

This year has been pretty good for heist music.

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
    syndalis wrote: »

This year has been pretty good for heist music.

Yeah, I just picked up Payday 2 and have been very impressed with it as well. Monaco came out this year, too, right?

Why is this still going???????

This discussion has been closed.