As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[League of Legends] Now playing the SaltyTeemo drinking game

• CesareBCesareB Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    There is pretty much no situation where warmogs is better then just buying visage or heart/randuins.

Unless you're Mundo I guess.

Thornmail is also pretty trap mode because if you need it that bad you're probably getting poked down with skills anyway so it isn't going to save you in the long run. It might do a little good if the other team just doesn't notice you have it?

What if you already have Visage (sidenote: should I not consider Banshee's Veil if I'm a champ without innate regen?) and Randuin's/Heart? Like, as Amumu, after I've got my SOTAG and boots, I usually get Warden's Mail/Glacial Shroud (depending on how much cash I have on hand), then a Spectre's Cowl, then finish my Frozen Heart. At this point, if nobody in particular is blowing me up (so i don't feel like I need more armor/mr immediately), I like to go after Warmog's so I have health left over after a teamfight and/or totally shrug off any poke I happen to receive. Going full tank I'll probably end with around 4k health, so Warmog's Armor is 40+ health regen; unless you already have some regen/lifesteal/spellvamp/self-healing it'll give you more back than Spirit Visage or Banshee's Veil, and has 600 more base health to boot. Plus there's the psychological advantage of your enemy seeing you with a crazy big health bar. Plus, the more health/mr/armor you already have, the better Warmog's gets.

I dunno, I'm not an expert on this by any means, but it seems like Warmog's is a fine buy if you've already got your first big armor/mr items and the enemy hasn't yet managed to stack %health damage/armorpen/magicpen... which at silver (and probably even more so in the low bronze of SaltyTeemo) is pretty common. I see a lot of ADs who want BT/Shiv/IE before they'll consider LW along with APs who gun for Athene's/Deathcap/Zhonya's (or whatever, lots of options on that side) over Void Staff and it's like, oh you want big numbers... I can get big numbers too.

CesareB on
  • SproutSprout Registered User regular
    Quantic's idea to play their games in a cyber cafe in order to dodge their dodgy router issues might have been a poor decision.

• TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    If they don't have LW/VS then more resistances are your best bet. Sunfire Into Randuins is good stuff. Thornmail isn't a bad item at all if the enemy deals most of the damage via AAs (Cait/Vayne/Jinx).

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    So I'm playing Blitz with Sivir against Cait/Soraka, and I'm wondering how the fuck Soraka is so tanky when I pull her and she just doesn't die. Turns out Sivir was running arpen reds, AS yellows, CDR blues, and crit damage quints. Mystery solved, which also explains why Sivir's health bar was destroyed by the poke. Thanks for these shitty noob trap runes Riot.

• chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    Tcheldor wrote: »
    If they don't have LW/VS then more resistances are your best bet. Sunfire Into Randuins is good stuff. Thornmail isn't a bad item at all if the enemy deals most of the damage via AAs (Cait/Vayne/Jinx).

Unless you're a hard engage team, you'll be getting poked heavily by Jinx/Cait ahead of time.

Vayne is so broken because of silverbolts, and thornmail doesn't do crap to that. You're better off getting a locket for the shield then thinking thornmail will save you vs Vayne.

If you're heavy dive then I can see maybe using it against Cait, Lucy and Jinx. But most of the time Jinx blows me up its traps/stupid electric pain omg so much damage thing and possibly her ult doing ludicrous damage.

steam_sig.png
  • SproutSprout Registered User regular
    I think the Korean hype train may have just derailed.

• KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    Just had a Blitz/Trist lane against a Lucian/Lux lane.

Then my Blitz after giving up first blood on a retarded chase decides to start roaming and feeding all the other lanes.

Leaving me to 1v2 as Trist versus a Lucian/Lux.

Surprising that that didn't work out too well.

• Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    I love the salty teemo after game stats.

How many thornmails, warmogs, hurricanes, wards and boots bought.

Hint: boots is never ten.

• SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    I always feel so vindicated when my team complains about my laning and then I ignore everyone and carry the game. I hate it when people bitch at their own teammates. If you're going to do that, at least make it constructive. Sigh.

Steam: Spawnbroker
  • A-PuckA-Puck Registered User regular
    Whoa, COG running a double adc comp.

Soon... soon I will install you, my precious.
  • EinzelEinzel Registered User regular
    @Talith I didn't think go to Piltovian until too late. Can you forgive me? Also was running defense masteries :|
    kog1.jpg
    kog2.jpg

A-Puck wrote: »
    That happened a few times in S3 too. I don't see why it wouldn't work now too, just pick Cait and Ez and push push push with your god damn unbearable poke.

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »
    That happened a few times in S3 too. I don't see why it wouldn't work now too, just pick Cait and Ez and push push push with your god damn unbearable poke.

Because haven't you paid attention, there's no room for ADCs in this bruiser-dominant meta.

liEt3nH.png
  • RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    JAEF wrote: »
    Double post because if a man with no hands can reach Diamond 5 you guys have no excuse.

That man is a god.

• StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Roz wrote: »
    Double post because if a man with no hands can reach Diamond 5 you guys have no excuse.

That man is a god.

Well fuck, I can't let a dude with no hands beat me in rank. Looks like I gotta get my shit together.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • PacificstarPacificstar Registered User regular

That man is a god.

This just causes me to embrace my badness

• Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    Moridin889 wrote: »

Last night it was discovered that the boots counter maxes out at 10.

Because Janna had 6.

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular

That man is a god.

i got diamond and i dont have a brain does that count

obF2Wuw.png
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular

Well, it is possible to get a 20-min surrender before you get around to boots on some champions (despite boots 1 being one of the most cost-effective purchases possible... sometimes you want to rush that Golem or something...)

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »

Well, it is possible to get a 20-min surrender before you get around to boots on some champions (despite boots 1 being one of the most cost-effective purchases possible... sometimes you want to rush that Golem or something...)

It was a 47 minute game with 70ish kills a side.

447 elo man

edited December 2013

Eh, boots only make you walk faster, I think there's a significant period in the game where it's better to get combat stats.

Jungle Olaf's only item is Last Whisper oh my god.

Coinage on

Eh, boots only make you walk faster, I think there's a significant period in the game where it's better to get combat stats.

Jungle Olaf's only item is Last Whisper oh my god.

Boots 1 I usually get when I have just enough for it left after a back and getting everything I'd normally be after. Boots 2... depends.

Yessss.

Saltyteemo ashe builds Stattik shiv first

Then almost dies to golemns.

• TheSmackerTheSmacker Registered User regular

That man is a god.

i got diamond and i dont have a brain does that count

But you have swag

• Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    so watching SaltyTeemo has given me the courage to finally try ranked mode because hey, I can't be THAT bad.

I pretty much play nothing but support, and can play most of them fairly well, but I've never had to do draft-picking before. Is this guide still valid for S4 and a good general guide, or out of date?

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • MiniwolfMiniwolf Probably somewhere sniffing somethingRegistered User regular

talith on stream.

League Of Legends: Ulven
    Q98DBY0.pngwolfmini.png
  • SampsenSampsen Aggressive Berserker Registered User regular
    Raiden333 wrote: »
    so watching SaltyTeemo has given me the courage to finally try ranked mode because hey, I can't be THAT bad.

I pretty much play nothing but support, and can play most of them fairly well, but I've never had to do draft-picking before. Is this guide still valid for S4 and a good general guide, or out of date?

It's okay, but guides like that are overrated and largely unnecessary. Key to ranked? Play your best champions, nothing else. Don't play Blitz just cause he is open, take what you are good at.

Two quick notes - Try out normal draft first, just so you're comfortable with it, and don't worry too much about your placement matches. They will be all over the place and you can't really get a feel for where you belong after only 10 matches.

Sampsen_na_104_5_logo.png
  • BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Is this guide still valid for S4 and a good general guide, or out of date?

It's still pretty accurate. The only major things missing in terms of supports are Annie (who I'd say is good with Sivir, Draven, Lucian and Graves, and good against pretty much everyone) and Taric being strong with and against a few more champions.

It's also missing Lucian (who's similar to Ezreal and Corki in terms of synergy and counterpicking) and Jinx (who's a bit like Ashe, Kog and Varus? I dunno, she's pretty unique).

• GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular

Its possible but you have to get the right team to play it into because its really easy to counterplay. As soon as you get a team which has decent early wave clear the early game shove advantage of the dual ADC's is negated. As soon as the mid game starts rolling around you're either without a tank or without an AP. Both of which mean that the enemy tanks can get a bit of armor and just roll through your team

wbBv3fj.png

Champion pick is largely overstated.

I've lost matches with Lucian.

I've won matches playing support Poppy.

It is not entirely overstated, as for instance I today had a game where I was Graves and the opposing team had a Nassus and Udyr. Once we got to a certain point with nobody else on my team being fed I was useless, and had I been, for instance, Trist, I would've been fine.

However, your list for champ select should be:
    1: Am I good with this champ?
    2: Does this champ work with our team comp?
    3: Does this champ work against their team comp?
    4: Does this champ work in my lane?

If 1 isn't true, don't even bother going on.

• skyknytskyknyt Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Yep, being comfortable with a champ is really really important.

However, picking champs to learn that are widely useful (but not widely banned) isn't a bad strategy to pursue. This is why Sejuani is such a strong choice, or Annie, or Fiddlesticks.

Tycho wrote:
    [skyknyt's writing] is like come kind of code that, when comprehended, unfolds into madness in the mind of the reader.
    PSN: skyknyt, Steam: skyknyt, Blizz: skyknyt#1160
    skyknyt wrote: »
    Yep, being comfortable with a champ is really really important.

However, picking champs to learn that are widely useful (but not widely banned) isn't a bad strategy to pursue. This is why Sejuani is such a strong choice, or Annie, or Fiddlesticks.

Sshh... don't give away my secret.

• override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    Khavall wrote: »

Champion pick is largely overstated.

I've lost matches with Lucian.

I've won matches playing support Poppy.

It is not entirely overstated, as for instance I today had a game where I was Graves and the opposing team had a Nassus and Udyr. Once we got to a certain point with nobody else on my team being fed I was useless, and had I been, for instance, Trist, I would've been fine.

However, your list for champ select should be:
    1: Am I good with this champ?
    2: Does this champ work with our team comp?
    3: Does this champ work against their team comp?
    4: Does this champ work in my lane?

If 1 isn't true, don't even bother going on.

I just lost a game

a game where the enemy team had four people

their support poppy had 26 kills, which is more than my entire team, a team with 2 competent gold players in it

• StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    I finally do well as Xin and my team bitches at me for not doing baron with them when all of the enemy team is up and have clearly warded baron. They do it again right away after not killing baron the first time and the same thing happens. I also died needlessly a few times because my team just refused to go in on easily won fights with me or some how were entirely unable to keep 4 of the enemy team that they were fighting from breaking off and killing me as I kill one of enemies on the whole other side of the map.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • TIFunkaliciousTIFunkalicious Kicking back in NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Jungle mummy is my free elo. Spectral wraith gives him bottomless mana as long as he's hitting jungle creeps with W so you can give up blues after the first or second spawn

• JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    Oh yeah normal matchmaker. This game is even as fuck.. One team had a ton of fun this game.

Edit: Oh lord just played another normal as Sivir/Fiddle with this fiddle main's smurf account. One team had a ton of fun.

JAEF on
  • SampsenSampsen Aggressive Berserker Registered User regular
    Oh yeah normal matchmaker. This game is even as fuck.. One team had a ton of fun this game.

Edit: Oh lord just played another normal as Sivir/Fiddle with this fiddle main's smurf account. One team had a ton of fun.

Now that bugs me. I mean, I understand that even Diamond Is want to play normals, and often with their friends that aren't very good. No problem, they don't control the matchmaker. But to play their main in a normal against people that aren't very good... that sucks.

Sampsen_na_104_5_logo.png
  • JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    Sampsen wrote: »

Now that bugs me. I mean, I understand that even Diamond Is want to play normals, and often with their friends that aren't very good. No problem, they don't control the matchmaker. But to play their main in a normal against people that aren't very good... that sucks.
    Normally I'd absolutely agree but I'm pretty sure we were both stuck with bot. I generally defer roles to other people in normals. Since it was his second smurf, not sure how big his champ pool was. Sometimes you just need first win of the day for some sweet IP.

• MahnmutMahnmut Registered User regular
    SaltyTeemo has got me wanting to play more Teemo! So I checked ProBuilds. Page one is 2 losses and 13 wins by "The Rain Man." Pretty much all AP/AS -- keep scrolling and you see some examples of bruiser Teemo, though. Seems like business as usual....

Steam/LoL: Jericho89
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    never trust the rain man

he is a giraffe

obF2Wuw.png
This discussion has been closed.