As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Steam] A Classy Christmas is over! Preliminary Total: $11,903.24

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Receiver is the type of game that makes me feel like I'd have a better shot with a gun and robots trying to kill me IRL than in a game

I'd buy 50 copies if I could get a gorram lean button...but considering the number of buttons I have to press already....
    e
    `
    z z z z
    `
    e SHIT!
    g
    z
    r FUCK
    Where did it go? Where did it go? Gotcha
    g
    Fuck it, I'll roll one bullet short of a full clip....like always.

• Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    The immediacy of Receiver's gameplay is fucking crazy tense. I keep hoping that Wolfire will take a second away from Overgrowth to give Receiver just that extra little touch, that dose of love and polish that would really make the game shine. It's already something really special.

• Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    I can't explain quite why, but Steamworld Dig is pretty great. SNES aesthetic combined with mining for stuff, selling that stuff, and buying upgrades for you cool robot.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    jclast wrote: »
    I can't explain quite why, but Steamworld Dig is pretty great. SNES aesthetic combined with mining for stuff, selling that stuff, and buying upgrades for you cool robot.

Looks good, though I'm debating the 3DS or Steam version.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    Big thanks to @scratchy by way of @Drake for the gift of Teleglitch! It seems like we're digging the same kind of games these days, so things should get classy in this thread for people who like Doom and Quake inspired combat

e: Please ignore the nearly 30 hours of Crusader Kings 2 I've played the past fortnight :P

TeeMan on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ScratchyScratchy Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    It wasn't so much a gift more like a punishment for having it on your wishlist.

Very much appreciate the help @Drake

Steamgifts are far too complex for me but that doesn't mean I can't gift.

Scratchy on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    signature.png

NEW GIVEAWAY!

Ends in one week.

• Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    Drake wrote: »
    The immediacy of Receiver's gameplay is fucking crazy tense. I keep hoping that Wolfire will take a second away from Overgrowth to give Receiver just that extra little touch, that dose of love and polish that would really make the game shine. It's already something really special.

Also, fuck helibots.

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
  • Options
    VikingViking Registered User regular
    @Scratchy has a cunning plan to beat my Pinball scores, apparently distracting me with Borderlands 2 DLC will keep me distracted long enough to surpass my leaderboard position.

steam_sig.png
    Bravely Default / 3DS Friend Code = 3394-3571-1609
  • Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    December 5th was the birthday of legendary Austrian film director Fritz Lang. @Croaker decided to celebrate by gifting me Borderlands 2.

I lost a lot of time in the original Beelands, so lord only knows what sort of mammoth chunk of my life the sequel will consume. I can't wait to shoot more bandits in the face!

• Options
    DyasAlureDyasAlure SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited December 2013
    so, I played games. No backlog.. just EQ II.. I will go cry in the corner in shame... I should beat HL2:E2 soon. I'm at the end, just save all the buildings.. bs....

Also, so I said Sonic tourney.. well I have 2 people willing to play.. so maybe I will do an LP just cause.. well that isn't very big for 6k of donations..

Edit:
    Is anything in my game library scary? I don't like scary. Probably not @corriganX level, but I might jump. Shrug. It just seems a waste to do a tourney, when not many have time. I want to give something. So looking for a LP worth 6k bucks. I guess I can start poll. And I can still do a 3 person tourney of sonic...

DyasAlure on
    My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
  • Options
    CroakerBCCroakerBC TorontoRegistered User regular
    December 5th was the birthday of legendary Austrian film director Fritz Lang. @Croaker decided to celebrate by gifting me Borderlands 2.

I lost a lot of time in the original Beelands, so lord only knows what sort of mammoth chunk of my life the sequel will consume. I can't wait to shoot more bandits in the face!

I'm off at the end of next week, so if you haven't powered past me by then, let me know and I might hilariously fail at co-op.

• Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    CroakerBC wrote: »

I'm off at the end of next week, so if you haven't powered past me by then, let me know and I might hilariously fail at co-op.

Awesome, I'll definitely keep that in mi6vBZTRm.png

oh jeeze Isy I couldn't even finish a post without being hit by your generosity!

This forum is too much.

• Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    Official No Man's Sky trailer for those who haven't seen it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRpDn5qPp3s

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

Ending in 9 hours!

• Options
    AsheAshe Registered User regular
    No Man's Sky looks fantabulous.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    jclast wrote: »

Looks good, though I'm debating the 3DS or Steam version.

I always have these problems, but then always end up going for the steam version because it usually goes on sale for like 3 dollars before I can decide.

Steam: offday
  • Options
    TodesbartTodesbart Registered User regular
    Congratulations @GearGirl, you've won my Wizardry giveaway. Enjoy one of the best RPGs ever made!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AsheAshe Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    @Drake just reminded me via his screenshots that I already own the delightful NEO Scavenger on Desura. There are details here on how to access your Steam key if you'd already picked it up via a bundle before it was Greenlit.

Ashe on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    Houn wrote: »
    Firebird wrote: »
    Don't they at least have the SNES version on the Virtual Console?

The US Version of the SNES game (complete with the Final Fantasy III title) is available on the Wii VC. It has not been upgraded for the Wii U VC, but it can be purchased and played on a Wii U running in Wii mode.

I'm consistently divided between FFVI and FFVII as to which is my favorite in the series. Both are so great and I find it hard to believe that anybody could be objective and like one game while hating the other. They're the two most similar FF games in the series IMO.

Damn, I want to replay FFVI again now.

I love FFVI. FFVII does nothing for me.

To be perfectly honest: part of that comes down to how the graphics have aged. I played FFVII for the first time in the early 2000s, and the graphics seemed bad then, while the pixel art of FFVI remains beautiful to this day. But beyond that, FFVI had a far better villain and much better protagonists overall; Tifa was the only FFVII character I enjoyed as much as I liked FFVI characters like Locke, Celes, Terra, Shadow (and Interceptor), Strago, Relm, and the rest of that crew. I really couldn't stand either Cloud or Aeris. The underlying story of FFVI also worked better for me than the clones and memory problems of FFVII.

Your mileage may vary.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    HandgimpHandgimp R+L=J Family PhotoRegistered User regular
    My computer's been borked for a few weeks now, and somehow I missed it when @dirtyboy gifted me Monaco. Thanks!

PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited December 2013
    Darmak wrote: »
    Polaritie wrote: »
    heenato wrote: »
    BigDes wrote: »
    heenato wrote: »
    So what was that site everyone is getting achievement comparisons from, again?

Also, a teltale game set in the borderlands universe?! Fuck yes.

Also a telltale game set in the Game of Thrones universe
    I have not seen a game of thrones, nor have I read a song of ice and fire, so meh.

Dude, what.

Get on that.

I'm waiting for a conclusion to be written, then I'll blow through it all in a week.

I haven't read the books, but even I know about George R.R. Martin's output regarding the series. Which wouldn't be much of a concern, if you don't consider his age... :(
    Someone buy these people the two seasons on Blu-ray, and reserve them the third coming out in February.

It's so damn majestic.

Is GoT too mature for Child's Play donations?

Also I would love a telltale in the GoT universe.

It's got incest and murder and whores and murder and fighting and murder and fucking and murder and gore and murder and dragons and titties and murder.

See if that helps you figure it out. :P

Yeah, I've read the books and seen the show. It was sarcasm. :/ Though I would totally let my kids watch Game of Thrones. Then again, I'm an irresponsible child myself.
    SteevL wrote: »
    The store page for Nosgoth is up. This is the Legacy of Kain/Soul Reaver multiplayer game that no one asked for or wanted.

Holy shit, I completely forgot this was a thing. I immediately signed up for beta and filled out extra information as soon as I saw this post. Super excited to play this.

Also...
    xdk7rF7.jpg

Looks like I'm not going anywhere. Steam day?

KoopahTroopah on
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited December 2013
    Sokpuppet wrote: »
    I know you're joking
    If you thought I was joking, then there'd be no big follow-up about a joke being worrisome.

So, to put your fears to rest: I am joking. I would never punish someone for not donating and I certainly wouldn't punish anyone who has already donated because other people didn't.

Now to use my other (donate) motivational technique (donate): subliminal (donate) messages (donate)

(donate)

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Shadowhope wrote: »
    Houn wrote: »
    Don't they at least have the SNES version on the Virtual Console?

The US Version of the SNES game (complete with the Final Fantasy III title) is available on the Wii VC. It has not been upgraded for the Wii U VC, but it can be purchased and played on a Wii U running in Wii mode.

I'm consistently divided between FFVI and FFVII as to which is my favorite in the series. Both are so great and I find it hard to believe that anybody could be objective and like one game while hating the other. They're the two most similar FF games in the series IMO.

Damn, I want to replay FFVI again now.

I love FFVI. FFVII does nothing for me.

To be perfectly honest: part of that comes down to how the graphics have aged. I played FFVII for the first time in the early 2000s, and the graphics seemed bad then, while the pixel art of FFVI remains beautiful to this day. But beyond that, FFVI had a far better villain and much better protagonists overall; Tifa was the only FFVII character I enjoyed as much as I liked FFVI characters like Locke, Celes, Terra, Shadow (and Interceptor), Strago, Relm, and the rest of that crew. I really couldn't stand either Cloud or Aeris. The underlying story of FFVI also worked better for me than the clones and memory problems of FFVII.

Your mileage may vary.

The thing that endears 6 more than any other, IMO, is that the second world totally becomes your story, your efforts determine the ending and the lack of a central hero makes it that much more interesting. It feels like an inversion of the dirty dozen archetype because you are free to exclude some characters at the beheast of others.

Save the world with a moogle, a snowman, a jungle boy, and a mofo'king ninja (00:01).

I do hate its limit breaks, though, too fucking unpredictable.

• Options
    VeganVegan Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    Thanks for Orcs Must Die 2, @Shadowhope! I accept this noble and grave responsibility.

Someone take this Pinball FX Paranormal table: FV3QF-E05ZF-9R73R

Vegan on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ElinElin Registered User regular
    I trust you guys so I'll ask here, my husband has expressed an interest in AC: Black Flag but has no interest in going back and playing the other AC games. Is this a particular problem? Please no attempts at gifting, if he plays it it's going to be much later as he's not got the time now and has interest in getting it for the PS4 (when we find one) as he doesn't think our computer can really handle it (and he's right, I need a new power supply/video card in the old girl at best).

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    InkSplatInkSplat 100%ed Bad Rats. Registered User regular
    I've never actually played an FF after 6. 4 is probably my most-played game of all time, though. I didn't own a playstation for 7, and I think the character's hair tapped into my great dislike for DBZ. :P

Origin for Dragon Age: Inquisition Shenanigans: Inksplat776
  • Options
    DaringDirkDaringDirk Daddy CEO Oakland, CARegistered User regular
    Taramoor wrote: »

signature.png

@DaringDirk
    Emberquick

signature.png

Emberquick

signature.png

"DHS Odium"

Awesome! I love TD games, expect this one to be a good'n. Wewt!

Also, I... Don't quite know what happened. It's like I went into a trance or something... @Rorus Raz @Iolo @CorriganX
    UbMTrEr.jpg

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    Elin wrote: »
    I trust you guys so I'll ask here, my husband has expressed an interest in AC: Black Flag but has no interest in going back and playing the other AC games. Is this a particular problem? Please no attempts at gifting, if he plays it it's going to be much later as he's not got the time now and has interest in getting it for the PS4 (when we find one) as he doesn't think our computer can really handle it (and he's right, I need a new power supply/video card in the old girl at best).

Not really no. It's intended as a bit of a fresh start to the series. I'd recommend he read a brief (brief!) summary of the modern day / historical split, so he understands why there are two separate gamebits, but other than that he's fine. He'll miss some modern day stuff but who cares, AC4 is all about the piracy.

• Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    Okay guys, originally I was going to LP 1 person's suggestion, or Coop with 1 person every few days. However while waiting for more people to sign up so we have a real drawing, it seems that people aren't really interested. That means @DyasAlure @DaringDirk and @Wooden Spoon all get to send me a PM and tell me what you're like to see. At least 3 hours of video of your preferred game, or coop buddy for at least 3 hours. Not necessarily at one time if your schedule is a bit wonky, just let me know in a message here which games you'd like for me to play with you.

I can't buy any new games, but if I already own it (I own a lot of coop games) or its f2p let me know. (Also I have slender: the arrival which I havent even started if you just want me to be scared, also have half of outlast I can complete.)

I'm more of a "Superliminal" kind of guy.

HEY. YOU. GO DONATE

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    CorriganX wrote: »
    HEY. YOU. GO DONATE

OK!

tYqcjwo.png

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Subliminal messaging?

donate1.jpg

Am I doing it right?

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    VQ2VYKZ.png

HiT BiT on
  • Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    Elin wrote: »

Not really no. It's intended as a bit of a fresh start to the series. I'd recommend he read a brief (brief!) summary of the modern day / historical split, so he understands why there are two separate gamebits, but other than that he's fine. He'll miss some modern day stuff but who cares, AC4 is all about the piracy.

The intro to the game also (literally!) walks you through the whole Animus/virtual reality set-up, so all you might need is a one-sentence summary of who the fuck the Templars and Assassins are, along the lines of "Templars are the supposedly bad guy Illuminati Masonic 1% puppetmasters who want to rule the world for order and stuff, and the Assassins are the supposedly good guy freedom and anarchy 99% stab dudes for liberty folks who oppose them, and they both want to find some ancient alien technology shit but really, none of this matters since you get to be a fucking pirate."

• Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    So secret of the magic crystals....can you even beat this game?

• Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    anoffday, the real question is can Secret of the Magic Crystals beat you.

• Options
    Drake wrote: »
    anoffday, the real question is can Secret of the Magic Crystals beat you.

If it's really a unicorn pet simulator that has no real ending, then yes. It can.

• Options
    Finished Gone Home in one sitting earlier today.

That was a real special experience, hugely immersive and affecting.

This discussion has been closed.