As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Pre/Post PAX Maryland Meetup

• Exodus1Exodus1 MarylandRegistered User regular
    For December I am looking at the 7-8th or 14-15th, post your availability and we'll see what works best!

• CryanaCryana Registered User regular
    The 14th or 15th is better for Raykefire and myself.

• Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    14th sounds good to me, my morning will be free to get to the place in time

VRXwDW7.png
  • DedEyeDedEye DCRegistered User regular
    14th/15th would work better for me.

I'm playing catch up right now and I'm sure someone has asked before, but is the meetup location metro accessible?

• LevelUpLadyLevelUpLady Registered User regular
    Hi new here! This sounds like a great way to meet new people in the area :) Live in the northern VA area. Going to Art Fight tonight. Dec. is booked up except the 28th/29th and will be going to Magfest in Jan.

• zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    DedEye wrote: »
    14th/15th would work better for me.

I'm playing catch up right now and I'm sure someone has asked before, but is the meetup location metro accessible?
    Not really you'd have to transfer to the Marc train and then the Baltimore light rail.

• VGVideoGalaxyVGVideoGalaxy Northern VirginiaRegistered User regular
    Can't believe I didn't see this before. I am from Northern Virginia (Leesburg specifically), and I would love to get to know some people before PAX.

• DedEyeDedEye DCRegistered User regular
    Has anyone discussed a PAX meetup at MAGfest? It's technically in Maryland, after all ;).

DedEye wrote: »
    Has anyone discussed a PAX meetup at MAGfest? It's technically in Maryland, after all ;).
    @NickTheNewbie
    Hey that's your que.

Yeah we do, and some of us go. NickTheNewbie runs it or is a volunteer or employee...I'm actually not sure what he does for it, maybe he's just a fluffer in their creepy videos, but he does something.

But actually a few people do go, same with Otakon, and really if your in the md area and you are going to a con, say something and there is probably going to be someone else that is willing to go.

• NickTheNewbieNickTheNewbie Registered User regular
    My official title is Assistant to the Travelling Secretary for the New York Yankees.

• NickTheNewbieNickTheNewbie Registered User regular
    But seriously, if you guys need any help or have any questions, feel free to ask. Since you've got a bit of a group going on right in here, it might be to your benefit to get a group registration, even if you plan on just going for a day. The pre-reg full weekend group rate is currently like 5 bucks more than a single day pass that we sell at the door (we don't see single day passes online), so if there's any hint of you thinking of coming back for a second day, pre-reg is the way to go.

• MalgarasMalgaras Registered User regular
    Well, as all has been quiet here about a December meetup after the initial round of availability, and the weekend that seems to work for people is rapidly approaching, I'm going to go ahead and propose:

Sunday, December 15
    Noon
    Games and Stuff

1tLJUH2O.png
    Malgaras wrote: »
    Well, as all has been quiet here about a December meetup after the initial round of availability, and the weekend that seems to work for people is rapidly approaching, I'm going to go ahead and propose:

Sunday, December 15
    Noon
    Games and Stuff

Sounds good! Either the hubby or I will be there. Probably no babysitter again.

• TabooPhantasyTabooPhantasy Registered User regular
    I will be at work counting all of the things.
    Well, okay, just the things in the stock room, since inventory isn't actually until the next day.
    Have fun! :D

~Taboo
    BH11Fnk.png
    I'm not sure if my plus one can do the 15th so prolly me, maybe my plus 1

• KalelKalel Glen Burnie, MarylandRegistered User regular

Sunday, December 15
    Noon
    Games and Stuff

Sounds good to me. I should be there!

• VGVideoGalaxyVGVideoGalaxy Northern VirginiaRegistered User regular
    I have work until 4 on Sunday :(

edited December 2013
    Hey everyone, I'll be at MAGFest January 2-5 running Light Weight RPG. You can find is in the tabletop area if you'd like to play the game, and in the marketplace if you'd like to buy a copy. Hope to see some of you there!

Exodus1 on
    edited January 2014
    Exodus1 wrote: »
    Hey everyone, I'll be at MAGFest January 2-5 running Light Weight RPG. You can find is in the tabletop area if you'd like to play the game, and in the marketplace if you'd like to buy a copy. Hope to see some of you there!

I'll be heading over either the 4th or 5th. I'll make sure to swing by.

On another note, how are people's schedules looking for January? The 12th, 25th, and 26th are looking good for me.

Malgaras on
    1tLJUH2O.png
    Ugh, so last month was insane. I don't think I've ever been away from my computer for that long in the past 5 years. Any of those dates work well for me. Can't wait to see you all again!

The 19th is bad for us.

edited January 2014
    zepherin wrote: »
    The 19th is bad for us.

Well, I just also found out I'm going to be in PA that weekend, so I'm thinking not.

Malgaras on
    1tLJUH2O.png
    The 26 th is looking best for us.

Looking about the same for me.

Let's call it the 26th at noon.

1tLJUH2O.png
    Looking about the same for me.

Let's call it the 26th at noon.
    Sounds good to me.
    @Exodus1 how does that sound to you?

• TabooPhantasyTabooPhantasy Registered User regular
    Well, I couldn't get the day off, but my husband will be there! He'll be judging a Netrunner tourney G&S is hosting that day.

~Taboo
    BH11Fnk.png
    Well shit looks like We aren't going to be there.

Sounds like we've only got like two people at this point. Perhaps putting this off would be better then.

1tLJUH2O.png
    So ya, Kids. It is so freaking hard to get out of the house. Sorry we didn't make it to the last meetup (if you guys had it at all). This month it looks like next weekend (15, 16)is best and I may be able to get a babysitter so that both of us can come.

On a side note if anyone is looking for drinks, snacks and games I would love to have a game day at the house. ATM we are playing Terra Mystica, Dominant Species, X-Wing and stuff.

• Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    What city are you located in? If it's more central to DC I would love to come.

VRXwDW7.png
    Cryana wrote: »
    So ya, Kids. It is so freaking hard to get out of the house. Sorry we didn't make it to the last meetup (if you guys had it at all). This month it looks like next weekend (15, 16)is best and I may be able to get a babysitter so that both of us can come.

On a side note if anyone is looking for drinks, snacks and games I would love to have a game day at the house. ATM we are playing Terra Mystica, Dominant Species, X-Wing and stuff.
    Next weekend is fine with me, Sunday being the better of the two days.

As for something at your house, it sounds like I practically live down the street, so I'd definitely be up for that.

1tLJUH2O.png
    I saw that on the PAX map Mal! I'll try to set up the babysitter for this weekend then. Worse case one of us comes solo.

Handy Dandy Link to PAX Map!
    Duke 2.0 wrote: »
    What city are you located in? If it's more central to DC I would love to come.

But ya, we live in Odenton outside of Meade. Cozy (read: small) house but our gaming table is banging and the kids love game day since that means they can finally eat all the potato chips that they want as long as they leave Mommy alone.

Feb was a bad month. Let's talk smarch and the lousy smarch weather.

I'll be around the 16th, 23rd, and 30th if we want to get together.

On a side note:
    @Cryana‌ looks like enforcer invites are rolling out. Did you two make it?

1tLJUH2O.png

I'll be around the 16th, 23rd, and 30th if we want to get together.

On a side note:
    @Cryana‌ looks like enforcer invites are rolling out. Did you two make it?

We did! Two new enforcers to torture the attendees. Now waiting to see what department we end up in.

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited March 2014
    [redacted]

zerzhul on
    The 30th looks like a promising day for us. How about everyone else?

I apologize I've been MIA due to my new job etc, but I'm back! If March 30th works for everyone else I will be around and will update the schedules.

Babysitter is good for the 30th! Raykefire and myself will both be there.