As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[League of Legends] Now playing the SaltyTeemo drinking game

• evilthecatevilthecat Registered User regular
    Kay wrote: »
    Sorta related.

I have a couple of friends that don't like to play PvP, but like LoL, so I'll play bot matches with them from time to time. We queue up, and get a guy that demands mid (which is fine), we split up and I go botlane with one friend as a Lux/Leona lane, because we like doing fun shit as opposed to efficient shit.

This guy playing TF mid is BAD. Like... REALLY BAD. To the point where he repeatedly dies miles away from anyone with cries of 'TEEEEAM Y U NO HELP' while also attempting some really dumb ults into tower range to try and snag kills (and die instead). He complains that 'TF does no damage' (He had Sorcs and 3 Dorans Rings and a Chalice at the time, I think), rages when he tries to snag blue from me when I worked on taking it down then, says 'blue isn't for support' when I say that it's worth more on me, because I'm not dying constantly. I may have started laser-sniping blue from him any time he attempted it after that. >_>

Thing is, the CROWNING MOMENT here, is when he declared that 'bots are so op, ranked is easier than this'. Checked his profile after the game. Bronze 5.

Guys.

I don't think he was trolling.

clearly his team mates were all bad.
    and lag.
    and .. bacon.

tip.. tip.. TALLY.. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
  • KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    evilthecat wrote: »
    Kay wrote: »
    Sorta related.

I have a couple of friends that don't like to play PvP, but like LoL, so I'll play bot matches with them from time to time. We queue up, and get a guy that demands mid (which is fine), we split up and I go botlane with one friend as a Lux/Leona lane, because we like doing fun shit as opposed to efficient shit.

This guy playing TF mid is BAD. Like... REALLY BAD. To the point where he repeatedly dies miles away from anyone with cries of 'TEEEEAM Y U NO HELP' while also attempting some really dumb ults into tower range to try and snag kills (and die instead). He complains that 'TF does no damage' (He had Sorcs and 3 Dorans Rings and a Chalice at the time, I think), rages when he tries to snag blue from me when I worked on taking it down then, says 'blue isn't for support' when I say that it's worth more on me, because I'm not dying constantly. I may have started laser-sniping blue from him any time he attempted it after that. >_>

Thing is, the CROWNING MOMENT here, is when he declared that 'bots are so op, ranked is easier than this'. Checked his profile after the game. Bronze 5.

Guys.

I don't think he was trolling.

clearly his team mates were all bad.
    and lag.
    and .. bacon.
    Yup. I'm fucking awful.

ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • histronichistronic Registered User regular
    I am especially a fan of the last hits/minute/player stat at the end of SaltyTeemo games. 2/min/player seems to be the average so 5 minutes to get 10 CS sounds about right. I'm also convinced that none of these players are aware that Hydra has an active use.

WiiU Friend Code: rlinkmanl
    PSN: rlinkmanl
  • Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Leona in bot games is the best. It's being able to play semi-carry Leona without the pressure of needing to snowball like a mother fucker to make it work.

Triforce + Frozen Mallet + Tank. Such fun.

I prefer Frozen Mallet on her, and Iceborne Gauntlet on Taric. Am I weird?

ew9y0DD.png
    what is this saltyteemo thing anyway.
    the current game is full of the baddest of the bads.

• RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    Roz, there was bear in match, was Volibear. I made him dead with arrows.

I was sad. I thought to myself, "if Roz could see this, he would weep"

Bad bears must be punished. I hope you taught him not to play poorly. That lesson is worth the tears.

• SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular

Yep, you figured it out.

Steam: Spawnbroker
    So I checked my Lolking scores, and it seems I went 8-0 in ranked with Singed top last season, and I'm currently around 50% win rate with ADC or Jungle, my current focus.

Why am I not just going Singed top every game?!?!?!?

Yep, you figured it out.

Seems kinda mean on the people playing.

No, the best of the best.

I watched a fiddlesticks build Frozen Mallet, Iceborne Gauntlet, and Frozen Heart. He unlocked the secret ice themed passive in Fiddlesticks kit, and was an unkillable monster who face tanked the entire opposing team.

• TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    I really want a Mann vs Machine style mode as part of their custom map rotation.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    histronic wrote: »
    I am especially a fan of the last hits/minute/player stat at the end of SaltyTeemo games. 2/min/player seems to be the average so 5 minutes to get 10 CS sounds about right. I'm also convinced that none of these players are aware that Hydra has an active use.

I'm terribad at using actives in the heat of battle, and I'm Silver 1. Wouldn't surprise me if the thought to use an active didn't even occur to bronze players.

Roz wrote: »

I watched a fiddlesticks build Frozen Mallet, Iceborne Gauntlet, and Frozen Heart. He unlocked the secret ice themed passive in Fiddlesticks kit, and was an unkillable monster who face tanked the entire opposing team.

ok that jayce deserves a medal.
    balls of steel.

• JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular

It's somebody using the spectator client to stream games with super low MMR. like ~400 MMR, lowest depths of bronze 5. It's just meant to be glorious amusement.

I actually think SaltyTeemo would be a really great learning tool for newer players, too.

This is what really terrible players do. Don't do this.

• Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    I actually think SaltyTeemo would be a really great learning tool for newer players, too.

As a new player, I get very little value out of watching that stream. I don't understand enough about the game to where it is funny (For instance, i still by warmog's myself, but its good on Mundo). And i can't precisely picked out what exactly they are doing wrong. In fact, its likely that 95% of the players on that stream are far better than me.

I think it's better to just watch stuff done by really good people at first.

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • SampsenSampsen Aggressive Berserker Registered User regular
    If these players just stuck to the recommended items, they would win a lot more games. They love bizarre things like Runaans Hurricane, Atmas Impaler and Boots of Swiftness on everyone.

But yes, as far as actually learning, don't watch SaltyTeemo, it will just give you some bad ideas. I've caught myself thinking "You know, 5 Infinity Edges on Draven can't be that bad." Then I scold myself and tell myself to stop thinking like Talith.

Sampsen_na_104_5_logo.png

As a new player, I get very little value out of watching that stream. I don't understand enough about the game to where it is funny (For instance, i still by warmog's myself, but its good on Mundo). And i can't precisely picked out what exactly they are doing wrong. In fact, its likely that 95% of the players on that stream are far better than me.

I think it's better to just watch stuff done by really good people at first.

i'm too lazy to write out my list so I'll just give you this generic one I found on the interwebz:
    f98e3f3646dd9494470784fa353af377.jpg

when people aren't doing these things, point and laugh.

• NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular

That was the true fiddleskill

Pretend I linked the YouTube video here

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular

Yep, you figured it out.

The rules of the stream ask viewers not to send friend requests or harassment to the players, and also says if you see yourself on it and don't want your games streamed to send an email to the people running it and they won't put your games on it.

It's still a "Watch these bad players be bad haha" thing, but at least it doesn't seem to be done with the intent of bullying. I know when I'm watching it I'm not judging the players. It's funny, but I also know a diamond 1 player watching me play at silver 1 would be equally amused by some of my decision making and mechanical failures.

Different skill levels do not reflect on somebody's worth as a player or person. Hell, if a player who was bronze 5 was streaming and just having fun with it, I'd probably watch them. Sometimes it's fun to watch diamond 1 streamers for their mechanics or personalities, but sometimes it's just fun to watch a stream and go "Oh god, he's not going to tower dive this is he? He's doing it!"

• RendRend Registered User regular
    During that last ambush, I think Teemo and Leblanc may have played it slightly too close to the vest.

Joshmvii wrote: »
    Sometimes it's fun to watch diamond 1 streamers for their mechanics or personalities, but sometimes it's just fun to watch a stream and go "Oh god, he's not going to tower dive this is he? He's doing it!"
    This guy that Josh is talking about?

That guy is me. (But only after I've played a game as a super-tank MONSTER and then queue up again and forget that I am no longer a small god.)

ew9y0DD.png
  • A-PuckA-Puck Registered User regular
    Wow. That saltyteemo stream is something else. I just litterally watched a J4 killing wraiths while there was a teamfight going on. In front of the wraith camp. He even moved to drag the wraiths away from the aoe.

Soon... soon I will install you, my precious.
    Rend wrote: »
    During that last ambush, I think Teemo and Leblanc may have played it slightly too close to the vest.

Teemo probably wouldn't have had to burn flash in order to kill Malph if he had just started autoing him as he ran right past him.

• MahnmutMahnmut Registered User regular
    Joshmvii wrote: »

Yep, you figured it out.

The rules of the stream ask viewers not to send friend requests or harassment to the players, and also says if you see yourself on it and don't want your games streamed to send an email to the people running it and they won't put your games on it.

It's still a "Watch these bad players be bad haha" thing, but at least it doesn't seem to be done with the intent of bullying. I know when I'm watching it I'm not judging the players. It's funny, but I also know a diamond 1 player watching me play at silver 1 would be equally amused by some of my decision making and mechanical failures.

Different skill levels do not reflect on somebody's worth as a player or person. Hell, if a player who was bronze 5 was streaming and just having fun with it, I'd probably watch them. Sometimes it's fun to watch diamond 1 streamers for their mechanics or personalities, but sometimes it's just fun to watch a stream and go "Oh god, he's not going to tower dive this is he? He's doing it!"

High-level streams tend to be fairly predictable -- players know who's missing from the map, they farm and push and trade appropriately, know when to go for a kill and when to definitely not go for a kill, and so on. In these low-Elo games, ANYTHING can happen, any time! My LoL commitment is low enough right now that the item-build humor isn't even obvious to me (like, wasn't Warmogs the defensive item just five minutes ago?), but the dramatic highs and lows and sudden reversals of fortune make the stream so, so fun.

Steam/LoL: Jericho89
    *nod *
    I kind of wish that I played at this level, not to stomp people worse that I am, but just because you can build FUN stuff.

Warmogs was the defensive item during the League of Cleavers.

Now I think it's Frozen Heart or Sunfire or Randuins for armour, and Spirit Visage for MR. There actually seems to be... not that much in the way of strong MR items. SV and BV, basically. Aegis/Iron Solari doesn't give much, Abyssal isn't going to work unless you have magic damage and AP scaling, and that's about it for SR, right? Wit's End doesn't count. I suppose Mercurial Scimitar does?

ew9y0DD.png

Alternatively, DO THIS EVERY GAME. If you win you ARE THE BEST

The OP Twitch build: Runaan's, Static Shiv, AND PD.

Wow, I thought you guys were joking about the boots.

• LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular

Attack Speed is good, thus more attack speed more good

Duh

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche

Attack Speed is good, thus more attack speed more good

Duh

Yea at the end I saw he had 2.5 attacks per second with those items. Too bad he only had 2 long swords worth of damage and no armor pen.

A-Puck wrote: »

The thing where they don't buy boots at all, or where they buy like 3 or 4 boots?

• LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular

The thing where they don't buy boots at all, or where they buy like 3 or 4 boots?

Yes

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
    Who needs boots when you can buy 3 Phantom Dancers

Yes

Yep.

Who needs boots when you can buy 3 Phantom Dancers

And who needs Phantom Dancers when you can buy Runaan's Hurricane

• Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Living in the Sunlight is actually the perfect track for Salty Teemo.

This discussion has been closed.