As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[League of Legends] Now playing the SaltyTeemo drinking game

• SampsenSampsen Aggressive Berserker Registered User regular
    Living in the Sunlight is actually the perfect track for Salty Teemo.

... It's now the Campfire Song Song... I don't even know.

Sampsen_na_104_5_logo.png
  • A-PuckA-Puck Registered User regular
    Oh morganna, if you had just walked along with your ult you'd have had a double kill for your team.

Soon... soon I will install you, my precious.
  • EinzelEinzel Registered User regular
    Leona in bot games is the best. It's being able to play semi-carry Leona without the pressure of needing to snowball like a mother fucker to make it work.

Sunfire + Hydra on her entertained me to no end the other day.

• JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    I love seeing all the swifty boots builds on SaltyTeemo. I can just imagine people thinking "The whole reason I buy boots is to go faster, so why the hell would I NOT buy the boots that make me go the fastest I can without any of the downsides of mobos!?"

I mean, swiftness boots are sometimes good period, but just seeing them so frequently warms my heart.

Joshmvii on
  • SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Joshmvii wrote: »
    I love seeing all the swifty boots builds on SaltyTeemo. I can just imagine people thinking "The whole reason I buy boots is to go faster, so why the hell would I NOT buy the boots that make me go the fastest I can without any of the downsides of mobos!?"

I mean, swiftness boots are sometimes good period, but just seeing them so frequently warms my heart.
    If I'm fighting triple AP and I'm on someone like jungle Olaf, I'll be honest that I do give strong consideration to Swiftness over Tabi.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • A-PuckA-Puck Registered User regular
    Ok, these people are clearly not the greatest, but there are some legit good plays that they make, too.

Soon... soon I will install you, my precious.
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    Im watching SaltyTeemo while at work

So fantastic

• EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    So my wife for some reason unbeknownst to me randomly decided she wanted to try LoL after watching me play a couple times. Shes basically terrible because she has no mouse/qwer coordination, generally has no awareness about what's going on, and she has very litte fear of dying or any survival instinct. Beginner bots wreck her, but she did figure out what to build on the 2 characters she played.

When I looked over at the items she built on Sivir (which is her favorite character currently) she had a bloodthirster, zerker boots, targons, and a static shiv. Maybe not optimal but at least in the ballpark. She swears boots are like the best item in the game because it takes too long to get anywhere without them.

After reading the stuff you guys have written about the saltyteemo stream it just boggles my mind that one of the least adept people at video games as a whole can figure out what to build on a character but those people can't. It ligitimately makes me think the people at that low of ELO have mental deficiencies and not just that they are bad.

Also hearing the sound of Sivir's ult blast out from speakers followed by my wife screaming "you aren't getting away from me bitch!" was hilarious. and when she dives she dives DEEP. And even she has figured out that "the little fucking girl with the bear is bullshit"

• histronichistronic Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    Sivir and Corki decide to duo Baron, Sivir dies to Baron. This stream never disappoints.

histronic on
    WiiU Friend Code: rlinkmanl
    PSN: rlinkmanl
  • SproutSprout Registered User regular
    Aside from the storm of Hurricanes (see what I did there?) on SaltyTeemo, I'm also noticing that the Last Whisper/Void Staff count is terrifyingly low. Because really, why get penetration when you can get that third Bloodthirster/Deathcap?

• MrGrimoireMrGrimoire Pixflare Registered User regular
    histronic wrote: »
    The OP Twitch build: Runaan's, Static Shiv, AND PD.

Let me tell you a story about a 30/6/6 Twitch I had on my team in a game yesterday. As we all know, normals are currently full of plats and golds and I had two of each on my team. This Twitch was a plat, unless my memory has completely deserted me. No one else on our team had over 6 kills, it was all Twitch, all the time.

At the end of the game, he had Triforce, 2X Phantom Dancer, Bloodthirster and Hurricane. Best Twitch build EU:W.

• RamiRami Registered User regular
    I've discovered a new metric for avoiding games. If the queue timer goes over 3 minutes, quit and do something else*. Without fail, a game it took that matchmaker that long to put together features hugely unbalanced teams.

Most of my games average out at the platinum level. This 5 minute queue game? I have a level 29 heimerdinger who bought spellthief's edge as a mid solo laner. Then upgraded it first. He stole 16 gold.

*SR blind pick normals only

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    Expigator wrote: »
    I posted a while back about not liking Olaf's kit....can i delete said post? The dude is a MONSTER out of the jungle. His damage is so high, his axes are ridiculous and imo he seems to scale pretty well. Now my question is, should I be going BORK over Hydra? And what additional items scale well with him, is TF worth? I've been going SOTAG/Mercs/SV/Hydra/Randuins then either Locket or some other item. It's not unlikely to start out 5/1 so i can get fed pretty early. Clearly the improved Olaf play has NO connection to the fact that I unlocked BROLAF with a mystery skin....no connection at all....

On another note, Shyvana is so strong but her lack of CC makes her a tough play on teams without CC...duh right?

And as I say in chat often, amumu is op this season.

I see no one has answered this so I'm just going to say: Golem is pretty much key on Olaf.

Golem first, then armor of choice based on whats going on. Either SV or sunfire. Randuins if they have a really heavy AD comp. Then finish off your boots, then whatever other armor item you didn't get before.

Unless you're really far ahead, offensive stats really aren't the best idea on Olaf. 21/9/0 and something like AD/LS quints (I'd say 2 AD/1 LS) and armor pen reds and flat MR/Armor blues/yellows should do fine for offensive stats.

His base damage is great, his E cooldown mechanic means you need survivability above everything. Always remember to toggle on W when doing things, the cooldown is short enough.

steam_sig.png
  • TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    Google Translating the Korean names for champions produces chuckleworthy results:

F4owNHS.png

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • 8bitogre8bitogre San Antonio, TXRegistered User regular
    I'm getting really tired of streams getting viewers for shit like this.

eMDbdqL.png

• MiniwolfMiniwolf Probably somewhere sniffing somethingRegistered User regular
    edited December 2013
    Wow, that made me more then giggle. Those were great. My favorite is a toss up between Malphite and Sivirs. Wu Kongs gets an honorable mention for be unintentionally racist.

Miniwolf on
    League Of Legends: Ulven
    Q98DBY0.pngwolfmini.png
  • SampsenSampsen Aggressive Berserker Registered User regular
    Enigmedic wrote: »
    So my wife for some reason unbeknownst to me randomly decided she wanted to try LoL after watching me play a couple times. Shes basically terrible because she has no mouse/qwer coordination, generally has no awareness about what's going on, and she has very litte fear of dying or any survival instinct. Beginner bots wreck her, but she did figure out what to build on the 2 characters she played.

When I looked over at the items she built on Sivir (which is her favorite character currently) she had a bloodthirster, zerker boots, targons, and a static shiv. Maybe not optimal but at least in the ballpark. She swears boots are like the best item in the game because it takes too long to get anywhere without them.

After reading the stuff you guys have written about the saltyteemo stream it just boggles my mind that one of the least adept people at video games as a whole can figure out what to build on a character but those people can't. It ligitimately makes me think the people at that low of ELO have mental deficiencies and not just that they are bad.

Also hearing the sound of Sivir's ult blast out from speakers followed by my wife screaming "you aren't getting away from me bitch!" was hilarious. and when she dives she dives DEEP. And even she has figured out that "the little fucking girl with the bear is bullshit"

The little fucking girl with the bear IS bullshit. I was 5/2 Draven earlier and the 2/6 support Annie killed me in 1 spell rotation (I had not bought mr at this point, but seriously, all she had was a sightstone and spellthiefs blade thingy).

Sampsen_na_104_5_logo.png
  • StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    edited December 2013
    8bitogre wrote: »

eMDbdqL.png

Lol, that is awesome.

I assume you were being sarcastic cause that is really funny. It is also BroTeam.

Stragint on
    PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • RendRend Registered User regular
    tell me
    Who Called Like The Raven After Seasons By the Bay,
    Otherwise You, Queen, My Las, Not In Three Weeks to the Graves!

• 8bitogre8bitogre San Antonio, TXRegistered User regular
    Stragint wrote: »

eMDbdqL.png

Lol, that is awesome.

I assume you were being sarcastic cause that is really funny. It is also BroTeam.

Not necessarily aimed at the BroTeam stream in particular since I'm assuming they are doing it tongue in cheek, but looking around for streams in the evenings finds you plenty of girls with cams aimed at their cleavage with little to nothing to actually say or contribute that are plastered with PayPal donation links.

• RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    Miniwolf wrote: »
    Wow, that made me more then giggle. Those were great. My favorite is a toss up between Malphite and Sivirs. Wu Kongs gets an honorable mention for be unintentionally racist.

Vollibear is beautiful, even the Koreans know it.

• Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    THIS TIME ON TALES FROM BRONZE LEAGUE:

xGen EraZerZ: ill go top nida ad tanky
    raylouk: nah plz
    raylouk: get some with cc
    raylouk: shyvanna

• JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    So my wife wanted me to read the hunger games books, and they're all short so I was like whatever. Anyway, I want to know if Thresh and Darius names came from CertainlyT being a hunger games fan, or if it's a coincidence. I'm inclined to think one guy having 2 characters whose names are exactly the same as 2 characters from the book series means he's a fan or whatever, but googlerino gives me no positive confirmation of this.

This is an important issue for me to resolve.

THIS TIME ON TALES FROM BRONZE LEAGUE:

xGen EraZerZ: ill go top nida ad tanky
    raylouk: nah plz
    raylouk: get some with cc
    raylouk: shyvanna

Death is the ultimate form of CC

eMDbdqL.png

Lol, that is awesome.

Not necessarily aimed at the BroTeam stream in particular since I'm assuming they are doing it tongue in cheek, but looking around for streams in the evenings finds you plenty of girls with cams aimed at their cleavage with little to nothing to actually say or contribute that are plastered with PayPal donation links.

Oh, I didn't know that. I very rarely look through people who are streaming but I'm not all that surprised.

I'm pretty sure the boobs are blatantly for donations though. Something about a Bro Team member getting beat up really bad and his insurance not paying for hospital bills. I also think the girl is part of Bro Team. Either way it is very much in the style of Bro Team.

What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

edited December 2013

eMDbdqL.png

Lol, that is awesome.

Oh, I didn't know that. I very rarely look through people who are streaming but I'm not all that surprised.

I'm pretty sure the boobs are blatantly for donations though. Something about a Bro Team member getting beat up really bad and his insurance not paying for hospital bills. I also think the girl is part of Bro Team. Either way it is very much in the style of Bro Team.

Ahh america, 'Sweet you have health insurance? Yah we 'may or may not' pay for things when bad things happen to you, and even when we say we'll pay for them you'll have to fight us for it, unless your a rich white guy, we'll totally pay for that knee surgery.' God I hate your medical industry so fucking much. I work inside of it doing research, but god damn I don't know how there hasn't been a fucking uprising over the bullshit insurance companies pull.

Anyways team bro do bro things, and yes girls show their cleavage on stream to socialite donations BECAUSE IT WORKS. Sad, but true fact they're not doing anything illegal, just going after the thirst. <-- you tube link with a funny dude explaining what the thirst is.

Miniwolf on
    Q98DBY0.pngwolfmini.png
    edited December 2013
    Oh my god jaef, SaltyTeemo is an addicition I simply can't get enough of. This Volibear just got into a 1v2 against Trynd and Taric. The Volibear and Tyrnd are autoattacking each other, while taric throws out stuns and heals but stays 10 feet back, like it's a wow raid. It's incredible. The taric actually thinks the game is like raiding.

mind blown

Roz on
    Roz wrote: »
    Oh my god jaef, SaltyTeemo is an addicition I simply can't get enough of. This Volibear just got into a 1v2 against and Trynd and Taric. The Volibear and Tyrnd are autoattacking each other, while taric throws out stuns and heals but stays 10 feet back, like it's a wow raid. It's incredible. The taric actually things the game is like raiding.

mind blown

I did this when I first played the game. I also would auto attack creeps all the time as the support.

Q98DBY0.pngwolfmini.png
    Oh my god jaef, SaltyTeemo is an addicition I simply can't get enough of. This Volibear just got into a 1v2 against and Trynd and Taric. The Volibear and Tyrnd are autoattacking each other, while taric throws out stuns and heals but stays 10 feet back, like it's a wow raid. It's incredible. The taric actually things the game is like raiding.

mind blown

[All][Taric]: LF3M experienced DPS for Volibear PST summoner level 30 full t3 runes only

• EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    Sampsen wrote: »
    The little fucking girl with the bear IS bullshit. I was 5/2 Draven earlier and the 2/6 support Annie killed me in 1 spell rotation (I had not bought mr at this point, but seriously, all she had was a sightstone and spellthiefs blade thingy).

I was pretty much saying that someone new to the game thinks that annie is a little crazy atm. She also hates "the pirate slut" too but w/e.

I also left the screen up on the LoL page on twitch when i got a drink and she saw one of the streams with the dumb boob girls, she was like "they make money playing video games in low cut shirts?! I could do that"

How doesn't anyone think that South Seskatchewan is totally crazy for Karthus too?

Rend wrote: »

mind blown

[All][Taric]: LF3M experienced DPS for Volibear PST summoner level 30 full t3 runes only

YESSS REND FUCK YES

THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT WENT THROUGH MY MIND.

I was half expecting a team request for more people to come to help DPS down the Volibear. It was amazing.

Toplaner for Gambit had this to say about the current patch.
    GG Darien wrote:
    What are your impressions of the current patch?

Darien: Nowadays I cannot find any single game that cannot be subject to criticism due to being perfect and having no room for improvement. If you ask me why LoL became better than that WC3 map and its reinstalment on a new engine, I'd say that "three corridor" map wasn't perfect to begin with and the changes MOBA genre and consequently LoL have experienced were leading the genre in the right direction. Therefore you can conclude that League of Legends particularly is capable of evolving and becoming even more fulfilling. Unfortunately, it is not possible by simply rebalancing the game and adding more features. LoL will get stuck at its current state of development, unless it experiences a radical change. As a result, we are facing a challenging situation: LoL requires a radical change, whereas the change of the core concepts of the game can make it less appealing to certain players. Losing these players would result with developers' losing their revenue.

A couple of words about this patch: seventh slot is not actually what it looks like, since this item could be placed elsewhere and could have a more refined way of accessing it. Supporting has become more fun, there way are more people willing to take this role. New brushes are no good, in my view, they look pathetic. "Simple" doesn't mean "better".

About the further development of the game towards perfection, instead of just going into the new season: I'd suggest that developers don't try something new, but rather overhaul everything old. Instead of using hands, they should utilize a crow-bar. It's time to break the existing rules of WC3's "three corridor" map and move further. To the future!

Q98DBY0.pngwolfmini.png
  • SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    I would love to see another 5v5 map that isn't a king of the hill variant. Go crazy Riot, you have the resources.

Steam: Spawnbroker
  • SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    Oh who am I kidding, this is a billion dollar company that still uses a fucking Adobe Air client

Steam: Spawnbroker
  • NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Miniwolf wrote: »
    Toplaner for Gambit had this to say about the current patch.
    GG Darien wrote:
    What are your impressions of the current patch?

Darien: Nowadays I cannot find any single game that cannot be subject to criticism due to being perfect and having no room for improvement. If you ask me why LoL became better than that WC3 map and its reinstalment on a new engine, I'd say that "three corridor" map wasn't perfect to begin with and the changes MOBA genre and consequently LoL have experienced were leading the genre in the right direction. Therefore you can conclude that League of Legends particularly is capable of evolving and becoming even more fulfilling. Unfortunately, it is not possible by simply rebalancing the game and adding more features. LoL will get stuck at its current state of development, unless it experiences a radical change. As a result, we are facing a challenging situation: LoL requires a radical change, whereas the change of the core concepts of the game can make it less appealing to certain players. Losing these players would result with developers' losing their revenue.

A couple of words about this patch: seventh slot is not actually what it looks like, since this item could be placed elsewhere and could have a more refined way of accessing it. Supporting has become more fun, there way are more people willing to take this role. New brushes are no good, in my view, they look pathetic. "Simple" doesn't mean "better".

About the further development of the game towards perfection, instead of just going into the new season: I'd suggest that developers don't try something new, but rather overhaul everything old. Instead of using hands, they should utilize a crow-bar. It's time to break the existing rules of WC3's "three corridor" map and move further. To the future!

gambit to switch to dominion only, you read it here first

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
    I still want the original Magma Chamber. That map sounded awesome.

Cass that Trynd, what a hero to his people!

Rend wrote: »

mind blown

YESSS REND FUCK YES

THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT WENT THROUGH MY MIND.

I was half expecting a team request for more people to come to help DPS down the Volibear. It was amazing.

[Party][Taric]: Okay
    [Party][Taric]: so, he frontloads a lot of damage, so be careful, but don't activate your cooldowns
    [Party][Taric]: at about 75% we'll hit stage 2 and all his attacks are aoe
    [Party][Taric]: so ranged dps and heals need to stay back as far as possible
    [Party][Taric]: at 50% he hits stage 3 and his attacks are normal again, standard tank and spank
    [Party][Taric]: be careful though
    [Party][Taric]: during any stage if a dps drops below 50% he will immediately wipe aggro and bum rush them
    [Party][Taric]: this can be useful if its a ranged dps but if you're melee you're basically screwed
    [Party][Taric]: move close to him as we burn him down because at 25% we hit stage 4 he will try to run away
    [Party][Taric]: problem is he heals like mad during this time
    [Party][Taric]: so if you have grievous wounds, use em then
    [Party][Taric]: i will stun so hopefully we will be able to get him before he gets away
    [Party][Taric]: and also do not under any circumstances get knocked into tower range by fling
    [Party][Taric]: alright, let's do this, ready checking now.
    [Party] Taric has initiated a Ready Check!

• DraygoDraygo Registered User regular
    Rami wrote: »
    I've discovered a new metric for avoiding games. If the queue timer goes over 3 minutes, quit and do something else*. Without fail, a game it took that matchmaker that long to put together features hugely unbalanced teams.

Most of my games average out at the platinum level. This 5 minute queue game? I have a level 29 heimerdinger who bought spellthief's edge as a mid solo laner. Then upgraded it first. He stole 16 gold.

Had this last night, took 5 mins to get a game. Not because the queue took that long but because people kept declineing to begin the picking phase..

Ended up:
    Bronze II
    Silver V
    Silver IV
    Silver I (10 LP)
    Gold III (not duo'd)

vs

Silver I (90 LP)
    Gold IV
    Gold III
    Gold III
    Platinum V (60 LP)

like what the fuck.

Game went as expected for anyone with a brain - 8-32 surrender.

Note to self, after 2 dodges/declines - quit the queue.

Draygo wrote: »
    Rami wrote: »

Had this last night, took 5 mins to get a game. Not because the queue took that long but because people kept declineing to begin the picking phase..

Ended up:
    Bronze II
    Silver V
    Silver IV
    Silver I (10 LP)
    Gold III (not duo'd)

vs

Silver I (90 LP)
    Gold IV
    Gold III
    Gold III
    Platinum V (60 LP)

like what the fuck.

Game went as expected for anyone with a brain - 8-32 surrender.

Note to self, after 2 dodges/declines - quit the queue.

I had a game last night that looked a lot like that. Though the plat wasn't on my team and the plat was mid Akali against me as mid Kog. We crushed their team.

This discussion has been closed.