As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

OMG SUPER COSPLAY BROTHERS MELEE!!!!

RedmondKCRedmondKC Registered User regular
edited September 2006 in PAX Archive
HOLY CRAP EVERYONE!!!! WHAT SAY YOU TO A HUGE (fun and safe, naturally) COSPLAY BRAWL?!?!?!? The photo op alone would be something of sweet sweet glory.

If you like the idea, it would be a great wonderful thing to schedule a time and day for it so that everyone can be aware of who'll be there as what, and when exactly they can get their sweet photography on.

I vote for Day Two sometime when it won't interfere hugely with any tournaments. I will be going as either Mario or a Jedi. Not quite sure yet. I have a buddy who'd be a friggin sweet Luigi, but I've got a posse of folks who want to be Jedi, and I've got the sabers to back us all up.... Hrmmmm.....

Anywho. Thoughts? Comments? Concerns?

Redmond
Dude with Lightsabers PAX 06 and 07.
Producer/Writer/Voice Actor/Machinimator/Community Relations Manager ---- Apt T Productions
RedmondKC on

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited September 2006
    I uh

don't know what to say to this

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    SamyelSamyel Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    I really don't want PAX 07 to be the year we win a Darwin Award.

Samyel on
    "It is inhumane, in my opinion, to force people who have a genuine medical need for coffee to wait in line behind people who apparently view it as some kind of recreational activity."
  • Options
    WazWaz Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    People who care about anything enough to dress up are weird. This would be bitchin' to watch, though. I doubt I would join in (I'm to cheap/lazy to make a costume for anything except halloween), but it gets the Waz seal of approval*.

*seal.jpg

(Ugliest seal ever, wtf?)

Waz on
  • Options
    RedmondKCRedmondKC Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Waz wrote:
    People who care about anything enough to dress up are weird. This would be bitchin' to watch, though. I doubt I would join in (I'm to cheap/lazy to make a costume for anything except halloween), but it gets the Waz seal of approval*.

*seal.jpg

(Ugliest seal ever, wtf?)

LOLRUS!!!! That, sir, is indeed the ugliest seal that ever doth walk the earth. Well played indeed. I agree it would be friggin sweet to watch, which is why I said so! HAR!

RedmondKC on
    Redmond
    Dude with Lightsabers PAX 06 and 07.
    Producer/Writer/Voice Actor/Machinimator/Community Relations Manager ---- Apt T Productions
  • Options
    FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    That sounds incredibly silly and probably not allowed.

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • Options
    RuckusRuckus Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    SE++ Just provided 105 pages of reasons why this is a bad idea (in the chatlog forum).

Ruckus on
  • Options
    YuritauYuritau CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2006
    While it would be awesome and hilarious to watch, I'd have to say you'd probably never get it going at PAX. Not safely anyways.

If you've ever been to an SCA war/tournament, you'll see why. Same kind of idea (you all dress up and beat the tar out of each other with padded sticks), but the SCA has the benefit of the fact that ANYONE going out on that field to fight MUST be in full body armor. Both because it's the costume they would have worn back in them days, and because well, SAFETY dammit. Most cosplay costumes, i think you'll agree, suffer from a distinct lack of protective armor. And the ones that do have armor, tend to be kinda wierd, mostly non-functional armor. (by that I mean the original character, not just because Jimmy made his platemail out of cardboard rather than steel) And on the off-chance that any females want in on this.. good luck finding a well-armored female character to base your costume on. (no, a plate-mail bikini does NOT count as "well-armored")

(...feel free to wear it to pax07 anyways though)

Yuritau on
  • Options
    QuizMasterQuizMaster Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    I think you'd have to choose between Smash Bros or Jedis before planning anything.

Unless anybody objects, I'll take Falcon.

QuizMaster on
  • Options
    dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2006
    cosplay is so f'ing gay. leave it in the bedroom!

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • Options
    HighfireHighfire Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    dyaballikl wrote:
    cosplay is so f'ing gay. leave it in the bedroom!

I don't know about that.

Do you dress up on halloween?

Highfire on
  • Options
    SamyelSamyel Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    PAXers seem really divided on the cosplay issue. Some people LOVE it, some people think it doesn't belong at the event at all.

Samyel on
    "It is inhumane, in my opinion, to force people who have a genuine medical need for coffee to wait in line behind people who apparently view it as some kind of recreational activity."
  • Options
    JerkfishJerkfish NYCRegistered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Highfire wrote:
    Do you dress up on halloween?

After I turned 11? No.

Jerkfish on
  • Options
    HighfireHighfire Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Jerkfish wrote:
    Highfire wrote: