As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[League of Legends] Now playing the SaltyTeemo drinking game

1939495969799»

• CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Kaceytron and that silverwhoever are terrible streamers but they seem to hover around 2kish viewers and seem to get a constant stream of 5~20 donations throughout the day.

So I dunno.
    I was hoping we wouldn't bring kacey into this, but she doesn't count because she's 100% troll, but people from other parts of the internet don't seem to get that and "raid" her and fill the chat with garbage.

• cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    I had one of my favorite moments in character select this weekend. Listen, I know pick order is gonna happen in draft. We all know it. But communicating what roles people would prefer so that you can get folks in good to decent positions is probably gonna end better than you insta locking mid cause fuck you guys. It just sets a bad taste right off the bat.

But this guy took the cake. Pick 4 says "I prefer mid" and Player 2 immediately says, "It's draft, it's pick order". Player 4 says that he understands that, but we can discuss before hand so that the players that called fill can have an idea what they need to be. Player 2 says "Doesn't matter, draft is pick order. Read the forums." This guy said that even talking about roles was pointless. So immediately people flip out and the pick order brah! guy dodges.

So now that's my new explanation for everything.

"Junglers always gank. Read the forums!"
    "Supports shouldn't take any CS. Read the forums!"

• Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    cptrugged wrote: »
    I had one of my favorite moments in character select this weekend. Listen, I know pick order is gonna happen in draft. We all know it. But communicating what roles people would prefer so that you can get folks in good to decent positions is probably gonna end better than you insta locking mid cause fuck you guys. It just sets a bad taste right off the bat.

But this guy took the cake. Pick 4 says "I prefer mid" and Player 2 immediately says, "It's draft, it's pick order". Player 4 says that he understands that, but we can discuss before hand so that the players that called fill can have an idea what they need to be. Player 2 says "Doesn't matter, draft is pick order. Read the forums." This guy said that even talking about roles was pointless. So immediately people flip out and the pick order brah! guy dodges.

So now that's my new explanation for everything.

"Junglers always gank. Read the forums!"
    "Supports shouldn't take any CS. Read the forums!"

They said on the forums if I didn't want to talk to people as a last resort I didn't have too!

• Joe KJoe K Registered User regular
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Warding is support's job! Read the forums!

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
    Spellsy made a new thing for 3.14. I have to say I disagree with almost all of it.

• RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    Joe K wrote: »
    "You don't need boots. Read the forums!"

I read the forums and all I got was this lousy bronze tan.

• RendRend Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    Why wouldn't you take spellthief blade on karma? O.o

She's all poke all the time, and she comes BUILT IN with a shurelyas, so she doesn't need the token one.

Rend on
    Roz wrote: »
    Joe K wrote: »
    "You don't need boots. Read the forums!"
    I read the forums and all I got was this lousy bronze tan.
    Consider yourself lucky you escaped without severe brain damage.

• chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    Rend wrote: »

She's all poke all the time, and she comes BUILT IN with a shurelyas, so she doesn't need the token one.

Maybe because she gets more out of cdr then the ap the upgrade gives. Her base numbers aren't bad. Upgrading into a 20% cdr item with a nice speed boost never hurts. Also Karma is mana hungry so I guess having higher mana regen?

Though the poke gain on the spellthief is really nice. if you get zoned out or they have a better support (Like, say, Annie or Taric.) then trades usually wont go in your favor.

steam_sig.png
    edited December 2013
    Rend wrote: »

That's the one of the few actually correct things on the list, spellthief isn't a good item. You have to work harder to get roughly the same gold generation as coin, you can easily accidentally disable the gold generation entirely, the active is incredibly mediocre compared to Shurelya's, and you get AP instead of awesome CDR and mana regen.

Coinage on
  • BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Karma fucking loves AP, though, and she'll be building AP and CDR items anyway. Spellthief is great on her.

Certainly surprised to see Spellsy recommending GP5 runes on so many champs. I've quit using them in this patch just because I wind up getting too much gold with them - if I can get a full build at 30 minutes without them, I'd much rather run alternative quints.

• SonelanSonelan Registered User regular
    Just had two of the most unfun games of jungle vi I've ever had. First game starts ok then I noticed our top darius is talking shit to their rengar in all chat for some reason. Proceeds to spend almost the entire game in that lane telling the Rengar to 1v1 him bro. A bad omen but hey I can at least gank bottom and keep them going. Try to gank a couple times pinging the guy I want to focus first. Each time they go for seperate guys and they get away with little health. Managed to get a gank or two on Kat mid but she gets fed anyway from constantly ganking the darius bro top and the game ends at 40 minutes with bot lane having legit no kills and darius having gotten ganked upwards of ten times.

Figure eh bad games happen lets try another ranked. Team insists on invading their blue cause amumu made it through bans. Ok team is an ok comp for it maybe it will work. blitz misses his hook on a jayce just standing around and we get chased back to our towers with most everyone almost dead and they get my red. I sneak back and jack ammumu's blue from him and try to farm up to make up for all the time i missed. Lanes are going ok and I manage to get ammumu's red from him as well. Try to get my blue on the way back and our mid panth just jacks it so I have no mana to gank with. Get bitched out by bot cause I haven't been able to gank due to all the stuff going on early. Try an unsuccessful gank after going back but get dragon. blue respawns and pantheon takes it again and i again have no mana. bot lane starts trying to steal my big wraith because I'm not ganking cause I gots no mana. Game proceeds things are going ok and then blitz and jinx stay in bot lane instead of backing to save our base from a 5 man push and go "we wouldn't have won anyway cause this vi wouldn't gank bot" when we were doing well everywhere else.

I am now down to zero LP after those two losses and wondering why I bother playing jungle again.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DraygoDraygo Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    yep, happens to all of us

Draygo on
  • cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    Sonelan wrote: »
    I am now down to zero LP after those two losses and wondering why I bother playing jungle again.

Cause you are apparently the most important role in the game that no one ever wants to play. But damn if they won't tell you how to do it correctly.

But in all seriousness. I've been calling a lot of fill recently, and I would say that 70% of the time I end up in jungle. It amazes that me that people can put so much value on the position yet no one wants to play it. Which actually surprises me. Cause its a role that often has the job of going in to kill mans.

• DraygoDraygo Registered User regular
    From the sounds of the game though I would have put more emphasis on ganking bot than invading the enemy jungle. Blitz and jinx can significantly back up your ganks.

Also with the 4 camps it should be an issue if top takes golems or bot takes big wraith. The majority of the time i'm playing jungle I cant constantly just power down camps one after another before another one respawns somewhere. Its better that gold get picked up then to let it sit there.

• MahnmutMahnmut Registered User regular
    cptrugged wrote: »
    Sonelan wrote: »

Cause you are apparently the most important role in the game that no one ever wants to play. But damn if they won't tell you how to do it correctly.

But in all seriousness. I've been calling a lot of fill recently, and I would say that 70% of the time I end up in jungle. It amazes that me that people can put so much value on the position yet no one wants to play it. Which actually surprises me. Cause its a role that often has the job of going in to kill mans.

Counterpoint -- jungle is hella complicated, what with tracking four buff timers and dragon and which lane is pushed and what the other guy is doing. Plus I think most people like the laning phase.

Steam/LoL: Jericho89
  • BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    Burnage on
This discussion has been closed.