As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[chat] rage

• So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »
    First exam tomorrow

Not sure if I should sleep or take another mock exam or what

hmm
    the true law student answer: drink

• MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    Jesus probably looked more like this.

historical-jesus.jpg

Though this is probably not Jewish enough.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    @eddy

sleep

aRkpc.gif
    in general, you may assume that your nervousness is causing you to overestimate the advantages of last-minute revision

particularly as retention is pretty crappy on no sleep

aRkpc.gif
  • simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    "blessed are the meek," he smirked quite Jewishly

• AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Tamin wrote: »
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    or, wait, I do remember its out-of-animus bits are better than asscreed 2's

the out-of-animus bits in the first were probably more interesting than 2, bro, rev and 3 ... but controlling desmond was far more of a chore

the out of animus bits in 2 were super terrible

in the first one they were actually pretty damn interesting, first time around

ftOqU21.png
  • TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02eupttyYDU

listen to cool music and sleep

You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    if jesus is portuguese i'm glad we killed him

But what if he is Brazilian?

*smug face*

• y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »
    First exam tomorrow

Not sure if I should sleep or take another mock exam or what

hmm

pray to yeezus

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • TaminTamin Registered User regular
    jacob

syndalis

gk 3
    live

forever

don't you want to live ... forever?

well, glad to see the creepy nightmares are still around, and being creepy

stahp Agreeing and sleep, eddy

aRkpc.gif
  • syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    jacob

syndalis

gk 3
    live

forever

So glad you are playing through 3.

Once you get past the terribad 3D graphics, it is a totally worthy entry in the series.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
    or, wait, I do remember its out-of-animus bits are better than asscreed 2's

the out-of-animus bits in the first were probably more interesting than 2, bro, rev and 3 ... but controlling desmond was far more of a chore

the out of animus bits in 2 were super terrible

in the first one they were actually pretty damn interesting, first time around

I managed to completely miss most of the out-of-animus content, actually. Didn't realize I could interact with things or use eagle vision.

I really loved Brotherhood's 'real-world' segments. Not for their content, but the area was cool, and a nice way to bring Ezio's story home.

• CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Jesus probably looked more like this.

historical-jesus.jpg

Though this is probably not Jewish enough.

That man does not look like a dragonmaster.

syndalis wrote: »
    jacob

syndalis

gk 3
    live

forever

So glad you are playing through 3.

Once you get past the terribad 3D graphics, it is a totally worthy entry in the series.

The graphics really don't bother me. Like, at all. I've had to adjust to the changing style with each game, but this took the least amount of time.

I'm pretty sure I'm a mutant.

what's gk3?

You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
    edited December 2013
    Tarranon wrote: »
    what's gk3?

Gabriel Knight 3: Blood of the Sacred, Blood of the Damned

(you can probably see why I shorten it to gk3)

14-year old Sierra adventure / mystery game.

Tamin on
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    ronya wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Trying to figure out the amount of military aid the USSR gave to the Arab world. Coming across papers about the effectiveness of Arab armies. so racist.

conventional wisdom holds that singapore could beat malaysia and indonesia up at the same time

is the disparity between KSA and its non-nuclear neighbourhood that large

It depends. The KSA uses NATO equipment and has NATO training. But the reports is that the training is uneven. They are fantastic at tank gunnery in not moving tanks. But their actual ability to maneuver as a unit isn't supposed to be stellar. You see something similar in Kuwait as well. Shooting is fun, practicing maneuvers is less so. Their pilots are pretty good and they have excellent fighters and radar. But they seem light on logistics.

As far as officer corps go, they have a professional army trained by the US. But they don't really have combat experience. During the first Gulf War they were part of the alliance but their units protected the border. The Iraqi army to the north is smaller than it was during Saddam but it's still larger than the KSA's available force. It's not quite as well trained but it's gained a lot more practical experience. It knows what kind of attack it would face from American trained forces and would have some advantages in a situation where their enemy is smaller.

In a hypothetical situation, I would bet against the KSA if they faced Eygpt, Iraqi, Iran or Israel in a magical land war. I'd say they could steam roll everyone else. The problem here is that no one knows exactly how good the KSA really is. And while they are rampant rumors of nepotism in the KSA armed forces but I haven't seen a lot of actual evidence. They have a weird mixture of tyrant armies and more professional ones. Lots of shiny toys. But they don't segregate the units to avoid allowing for a coup. You can generalize about Arab armies in the sense that they follow a generally authoritarian model but that's about it.

• ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    I shouldn't use authoritarian there because it's not quite accurate because you can get different models depending on how much of a threat a coup is.

I'm hanging on
    just hanging on
    I wish that you
    were here with me
    to sail the sky
    serenity

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXl1ASXxqVI

• CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    If they are light on logistics, i'd question a military's effectiveness at anything other than defense.

• WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
  • DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Is this exercise for a role playing campaign?

Cinders wrote: »
    If they are light on logistics, i'd question a military's effectiveness at anything other than defense.

Most armies are pretty shit at it.

Thomamelas wrote: »

Most armies are pretty shit at it.

True.

It's so important though.

• FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    I ran out of Q-tips about a week ago and I've been trying to find more but I can't! It's like the whole brand vanished. Did someone finally kill themselves by inserting a swab into their ear canal? Who do I blame for this.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
    So that's what scheck looks like.

Feral wrote: »

I see you got his Christmas card too.

Don't use qtips. Flush your ear with olive oil.

what's gk3?

huh, i'd never even heard of it and i used to be a big sierra nerd. i played shivers 1, and....2

You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
    what's gk3?

huh, i'd never even heard of it and i used to be a big sierra nerd. i played shivers 1, and....2

I'm sorry.

• Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited December 2013

Sure thing, that sounds really great and satisfying, HIPPIE SATAN

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular

Don't forget candle wax.

Hippy.

It's a lot more satisfying than being deaf from impacted wax.

• TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    @ "tl dr" @ surrealitycheck

http://youtu.be/B4TBRcVe4mY

@desc

this is fucking brilliant

• descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Morgan_CopperGate_three%20sides_L.jpg
    Morgan Herrin, Copper Gate, wood, 32" x 19" x 12", 2011

@eddy @cinders @feral

• Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    don't use q tips

rub a weasel on your ear or some weird ass shit like that