As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Lot more cases of "something has gone wrong".

• BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    Just had four or five in quick succession on page refreshes, posting attempts and basically everything.

• urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    Is there something we can do to help Icy? Would running something like Firebug and giving you the results of the request/response help any at all?

• IcyLiquidIcyLiquid Two Steaks Montreal, QuebecAdministrator, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    I'm working on this right now.

• IcyLiquidIcyLiquid Two Steaks Montreal, QuebecAdministrator, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    If you don't mind running Firebug and checking the response headers on the root request when it errors out, it would help to see them.
    If nothing else, the "X-*" headers would really help.

• bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    If it helps any, I also get them on the agree/awesome/bro? reactions

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
    I was getting them too and now they've stopped happening. WTF

Yeah it's all quiet. If I remember I'll run Firebug every time I visit the site so that way when/if it happens again I can send you some data.

Don't get me wrong, I applied some code changes but I wasn't expecting them to resolve the errors.

• EsseeEssee The pinkest of hair. Victoria, BCRegistered User regular
    edited December 2013
    Okay, I just grabbed Firebug and attempted to trigger a "something has gone wrong" in one of my tabs... and sadly, I did. I'm pretty sure it was after your post. :( And I just got "Whoops!" trying to post this. Having not used Firebug before, where should I be looking for the info you want?

Edit: Wait, I think I found the correct spot. Hold on.

Essee on
  • EsseeEssee The pinkest of hair. Victoria, BCRegistered User regular
    edited December 2013
    I think this is what you were looking for, @IcyLiquid?
    Accept-Ranges	bytes
    Age	0
    Connection	keep-alive
    Content-Length	714
    Content-Type	text/html; charset=utf-8
    Date	Tue, 10 Dec 2013 21:00:36 GMT
    X-Cache	MISS
    X-Cacheable	NO:Got Session
    X-Varnish	156827286

I still have the error up if you need more.

Essee on
    Yeah, but its missing the X-Front header which is what I really need. Hm.

I have my network console out and it's showing the front, I'll post the headers once I get another one of those. Do you also want some of pages that work, or strictly the "something broke" pages ?

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
    Just the broken ones. I'm trying to see if its an individual app server consistently causing them. So far the error logs are empty which is why we're having to do the prehistoric troubleshooting.

• TubeTube Registered User admin
    IcyLiquid wrote: »
    Don't get me wrong, I applied some code changes but I wasn't expecting them to resolve the errors.

I've got so many jokes here that I can't choose one.

HTTP/1.1 256 Unknown Error
    Content-Type: text/html; charset=utf-8
    X-Cacheable: NO:Got Session
    Content-Length: 714
    Accept-Ranges: bytes
    Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2013 15:45:40 GMT
    X-Varnish: 161027919
    Connection: keep-alive
    X-Cache: MISS

Same thing essee was getting it seems. Front is missing from this one.

Request URL:http://forums.penny-arcade.com/categories/debate-andor-discourse
    Request Method:GET
    Status Code:256 Unknown Error

I did get that status code. Not sure if that means anything extra to you, 2XX is supposed to be success anyways? But 256 is undefined afaik.

• DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    I managed to capture one of the errors. The X-Front does appear when I get 200 responses, but it seems missing on these 256 responses.
    Content-Type: text/html; charset=utf-8
    X-Cacheable: NO:Got Session
    Content-Length: 714
    Accept-Ranges: bytes
    Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2013 20:17:20 GMT
    X-Varnish: 162399861
    Connection: keep-alive
    X-Cache: MISS

256 Unknown Error

DisruptedCapitalist on
    "Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
    edited December 2013
    Sorta caught an error but it literally didn't give me any information.

The Remote IP was 192.91.146.234:80 though.

e: IP means nothing. Happened on another one.

urahonky on
    We're getting a handle on this now internally, no more feedback is needed, thanks guys

• Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Got one on my phone today. I guess my phone liked it so much it make the face my background. Not sure how it did it but I'm keeping it.

• GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    This is happening to me more this morning than I can remember at any previous time since it started.

• StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    I think "no more feedback is needed" was pretty clear.

YL9WnCY.png
  • GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    Sorry, since Icy indicated they seemed to be nailing down a fix I thought maybe it happening a lot more all of a sudden would be significant information.

It's cool. At this point Icy has enough feedback from us and he will let us know if he needs more.

I know these errors are obnoxious (they annoy me anyways), and I am sure that nobody is more irritated by them than Icy. Just be patient and hopefully they'll be ironed out soon.

YL9WnCY.png
    Did something to hopefully kill them finally. You may now report any additional errors.

• FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    Just got one right now Icy.

Sorry Icy. :(

GOD DAMNIT

Fyndir wrote: »
    Sorry Icy. :(

• HevachHevach Registered User regular
    Weirdest thing, I haven't gotten an error all day, but occasionally have been getting the squigly face icon in the Chrome tab on normal pageloads instead.

I just did another thing... I wonder...

Instead of errors, I'm now getting periodic glimpses into an eldritch realm beyond human comprehension.

YL9WnCY.png
  • shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    Instead of errors, I'm now getting periodic glimpses into an eldritch realm beyond human comprehension.
    That's actually your closet.

Can I assume from the lack of follow up comments that this has stopped happening?

That'll do, pig.

That'll do.

YL9WnCY.png
    Can I assume from the lack of follow up comments that this has stopped happening?

For the moment.

• Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    I haven't gotten the squally faced error but I am getting the "Whoops, there was an error." sometimes when this autodraft thing tries to work. Is that from the same problem or something different?

• DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular

It has definitely happened to me in the last 12 hours.

• AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    Happened to me as well.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    No cases for me in the last 24 hours, nice job Icy!

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    i haven't noticed anything go wrong in the last 24 hours either! nice work Icy!

(i'm knocking REALLY HARD on wood here)

ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562