As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds. [Godzilla] HAIL GHIDORAH!

• Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    28rodnd.jpg

• miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    best totp 1973

uc3ufTB.png
  • Ad astraAd astra Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    I don't think I've seen any trailer recently, for a disaster/monster movie, that does such an effective job as this one, at showing how screwed the world is, and how there is probably nothing we can do to stop it.

Ad astra on
  • The Otaku SuppositoryThe Otaku Suppository Bawstan New EnglandRegistered User regular
    tumblr_mxlwjc1ybP1s2jfn0o1_500.jpg

And just like that we all became kaiju hipsters.

• Dongs GaloreDongs Galore Registered User regular
    am I the only one who liked 1998 American Godzilla

• BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    the one with jamiroquai?

• LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    Well that's 2 consecutive kaiju movies wherein San Francisco gets completely fucked.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    It would have been a perfectly servicable giant monster movie were it not for the word "godzilla" in the title.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    I'm curious, is having a flare attached to you normal for jumps like that?

• Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    I've been trying to find the Comic-con teaser just to see it again and man, Warner Bros is on top of blocking everything.

OP still has a link to it. I just have to keep updating it since apparently even the ones on Tumblr keep getting taken down.

tell me about it. I'm so glad I found a link a while ago to download a high quality mp4 of it

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Retaba wrote: »
    I'm curious, is having a flare attached to you normal for jumps like that?

Don't know, but in an environment like that I could see wanting a way to estimate where the rest of your team landed

• AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    Beasteh wrote: »
    the one with jamiroquai?

And Puff Daddy sampling Led Zeppelin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrSyrOaoAug

AtomicTofu on
  • WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    am I the only one who liked 1998 American Godzilla

Well, no

It was a pretty fun giant monster movie

But it missed out on most of what makes Godzilla movies from, from Gojira to Final Wars and everything in-between. It was like Cloverfield but not as good in any way.

Also as to Toho: I seem to remember reading 10-ish years ago that Final Wars would be the last Toho Godzilla movie for 10 years. 2014 should be the year, right?

dN0T6ur.png
  • ArmorocArmoroc Registered User regular
    tumblr_mxlwjc1ybP1s2jfn0o1_500.jpg

And just like that we all became kaiju hipsters.

True or not... we need more big monster movies anyways

• BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    that

was a pretty boss trailer

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    I want to draw Godzilla and only Godzilla for the next lifetime.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    it is incredible how assy people in D&D are being about this movie

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Gonna drive to Ypsilanti. What better for my first imax experience?

Gustav

Gustav draw Godzilla!

dN0T6ur.png
  • StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Gustav wrote: »
    I want to draw Godzilla and only Godzilla for the next lifetime.

I really want to see your Godzilla.

IKknkhU.gif
    edited December 2013
    I actually drew one last year! But I think the time is coming for drawing Godzilla versus somebody.

godziller-e1386722901783.jpg

Gustav on
    aGPmIBD.jpg
    Or just draw all of Monster Island. That's a thing I'd love to do.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
    One thing I cannot get over is how big Godzilla appears to be in these shots. Am I imagining things or is he far bigger than he ever was in any of the Toho films? The scale is immense.

When they fail to deploy their chutes when they're roughly level with his head

Yeah

He's so freaking big

He could be 200m+ and I wouldn't be surprised

dN0T6ur.png
  • GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
    This movie was actually shot a few hours up the road from me in Nanaimo (most of it was shot in Vancouver though, I think). I was tempted to drive up and see if I could spot Bryan Cranston anywhere, but alas, it didn't happen.

• JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    This movie was actually shot a few hours up the road from me in Nanaimo (most of it was shot in Vancouver though, I think). I was tempted to drive up and see if I could spot Bryan Cranston anywhere, but alas, it didn't happen.

Ok but

Could you see Godzilla?

• Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    Vann Diras wrote: »
    28rodnd.jpg

No lie though, I'd love for Solomon to be a canon Godzilla monster or something down the line

• KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    Joolander wrote: »

Ok but

Could you see Godzilla?

no

his trailer though...

• RubberACRubberAC Sidney BC!Registered User regular
    edited December 2013

A ) congrats on living in a rad place
    and
    B ) how did i not know this was shot around here what the heck

it seems like godzilla is too big to me but like
    that's fine, whatever, giant monster is a giant monster sure

but what are those like, ten dudes gonna do about it

RubberAC on
  • Temporal ParadoxTemporal Paradox Registered User regular
    Welp, that trailer got me hyped.

Legit chills at the roar. This looks like it could be amazing in IMAX.

• The Otaku SuppositoryThe Otaku Suppository Bawstan New EnglandRegistered User regular
    The IMAX I saw Gravity at had subwoofers in all the seats. Totally going back there to see Godzilla. Gravity was like sitting on a rumble pak for an hour and a half. I expect this to be topped.

• chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    You guys ever play NES Godzilla?

The strategy one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVNm7VwS-Nk

Didn't you fight Godzilla with conventional military equipment in that?

It seems the appropriate strategy in those circumstances ends with the phrase "And kiss your ass goodbye".

(Oh, I trust everyone here has read Half Century War? Quite good, hits the same "Well, Godzilla's attacking. We're fucked." tone it looks like the film's going for without feeling repetitive or pointless. And the art is like a beautiful fever dream.)

• NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    The IMAX I saw Gravity at had subwoofers in all the seats. Totally going back there to see Godzilla. Gravity was like sitting on a rumble pak for an hour and a half. I expect this to be topped.

jordans?

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • MetroidZoidMetroidZoid Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    There were rumors of a Hedorah-esque pollution monster so that could be it

The first teaser (Comic-con?) had some multi-legged creature, possibly insectoid, but that was all I could make out.

9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
    3DS FC: 4699-5714-8940 Playing Pokemon, add me! Ho, SATAN!
    Naphtali wrote: »

jordans?

Yah, the one in Reading.

• IloveslimesIloveslimes Everett, WARegistered User regular
    The very first thing non-food thing I bought in Japan was a Godzilla toy at a convenience store. It felt like the right thing to do.

• miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    edited December 2013
    so i drew a Jet Jaguar today

tumblr_mxmk4kDb8i1qk2cmjo1_500.png
    big version

miscellaneousinsanity on
    uc3ufTB.png
  • Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    I really, really hope they find an appropriate place to put this, assuming it is even in the movie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6qAIaqK3_Q

Cannot wait for this. Absolute IMAX must must must

• XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    g4bjnn1.jpg

• chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Well. That's... big.

It would take a couple jaegers standing on each others shoulders to match that.

Hail to the King.