As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Hearthstone] Beta - Patch changed some things, Freeze Mages still BS

19495969798100»

• Options
    InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    I mean I main a big Druid deck so

don't run motw or mark of nature, they're insta sheeps

Fixed.

One thought I had last night: what if silence removed secrets?

One of the things that's really fun about my druid deck is that when a big critter get sheeped, I'm usually happy: that's one fewer hard removal they've got. A lot of times, I feel like the deck plays like my job is to survive until they run out of hard removal, then I play another two big creatures and win.

Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
  • Options
    Smaug6Smaug6 Registered User regular
    You know how I can tell Mages are bullshit?

I've had three arena runs in the past 2 days. 6-3, 6-3, 5-3. You know where 7 of my 9 losses came from? You guessed it! Mages. I've not been offered a mage in my arena runs lately. My classes were Pally, Rogue, Shaman. Their basic cards are so fucking strong and then add their hero power on top of that. Fucking great.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    Invictus wrote: »

Fixed.

One of the things that's really fun about my druid deck is that when a big critter get sheeped, I'm usually happy: that's one fewer hard removal they've got. A lot of times, I feel like the deck plays like my job is to survive until they run out of hard removal, then I play another two big creatures and win.
    I agree

However the buffs are still a 2 for 1 in their favor

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    BlueBlue wrote: »
    shryke wrote: »
    BlueBlue wrote: »
    Vorpal wrote: »
    We sort of have a rock paper scissors thing going on here, except the aggro decks (paper) are so strong that scissors isn't really viable and thus rock has no counter.

It's rock that's not viable because freeze mages are the scissors which beats paper/aggro. But that's how rock paper scissors works, you can't pick one that's good in general.

Playing the meta means that you're just trying to figure out what the other guy is going to play and then you counter it. You built that Druid deck then mentioned it didn't look strong, but it doesn't have to be strong in general, it just has to beat the mage gimmick, if you think that's the kind of deck you'll be up against.

Which doesn't do much in "randomly match me with another player".

A hard-counter system basically means the matchmaking system determines the winner.

It..makes you win more if you're right?

I mean, I guess the ideal is evenly-matched decks with the winner determined by their clever play, but I don't know that that ever really happens in ccgs except at the learning-to-play level.

There's got to be some balance between that ideal and the current "hope for the best" setup. Cause otherwise you are just running a deck hoping for the rigth kind of matchup so you can clobber someone. There's no strategy involved in deck-type selection.

shryke on
  • Options
    VorpalVorpal Registered User regular

don't run motw or mark of nature, they're bad

Buffs are definitely vulnerable to hard removal, but none of the problem decks seem to be running those.

I don't have ancient of lore/war, sadly. Just rare and common cards for the druid.

What would you run instead?

steam_sig.png
    PSN: Vorpallion Twitch: Vorpallion
  • Options
    LilnoobsLilnoobs Alpha Queue Registered User regular

Fixed.

How would that even work?

Like, I play the silence minion but the hunter's snipe secret activates--I wouldn't have time to silence the secret. So it would work for some secrets and not for others.

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    I would probably make battlecry take effect before secrets.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    Vorpal wrote: »

don't run motw or mark of nature, they're bad

Buffs are definitely vulnerable to hard removal, but none of the problem decks seem to be running those.

I don't have ancient of lore/war, sadly. Just rare and common cards for the druid.

What would you run instead?
    it's not even that they're vulnerable to hard removal. Druid buffs just don't do enough (they aren't kings)

I would craft some ancients of lore/war

and take out gadgetzan auctioneer, it's too slow and vulnerable

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular

They already do.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    kime wrote: »

They already do.

Good, then the problem is solved. Silence takes out secrets, hunter needs massive buffs.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    How is that a hunter buff? Hunter also has secrets and they are pretty good ones including the hunters only full board AOE.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    kraughmarkraughmar Kingston, ONRegistered User regular
    Time for this thread to enter the Twisting Nether. Kraughmar summons you all to the new thread!

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
This discussion has been closed.