As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The 5th Annualish [Phalla] Awards

• kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Let it go, but also ending days early is a bad practice in my opinion. If you are trying for shenanigans, it really messed things up

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    See I didn't even see that day end, because at that point I was trying my hardest to convince Preda to change his vote in PM.
    And then he stopped replying, and I continued for a good 15 minutes. And then I saw that the day was prematurely ended 15 minutes ago when I switched back to the main thread.

And this:
    premium wrote: »
    Disc, preda himself said there was no way he was going to change his vote
    Just, let it go
    Is completely unreliable after the fact.

• Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    Day 2 Announcement

As everyone takes their seat, a man in a tuxedo walks up to the stage's podium. He pulls out an envelope from his jacket pocket, opens it, and begins to dictate it. "Ladies and Gentlemen, may i have your attention, please. The following players have been nominated for Most Veteran Play by a New Player:

Auralynx
    Buddha73
    Discrider
    Invictus
    Preda

"Please vote for one of these candidates in goldenrod to help decide the winner.

"The following players have been nominated for Most Improved Player:

Gizzy

"In addition, let us consider nominations for tomorrow. Consider the following over the next 24 hours.

"Day 2 Nominations
    Most Hilarious Single Blunder/Meltdown - nominations in blue
    Memiest Meme/Most Graphic Graphic - nominations in red
    "

"One last thing. Preda has been awarded the 'The Newbie Can Walk on His Own' Award, by his Egos and his peers. Congratulations!"

The man puts the envelope back in his jacket pocket and walks off the stage.

Nominations for Day 2 have begun! Vote close will be tomorrow at 11 EST

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Ke$hbra

Also, I want to nominate voting out Assuran in that game as an enormous blunder, but I'm not really sure it qualifies.

WE MADE YOU NESTED MICRO PHALLAS AND YOU KILLED IT

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • MegafrostMegafrost Leader of the Decepticons Registered User regular
    Was Egos' "TRV = Scooby" picture this year, or last year?

• EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    pretty sure it was last in ahava's game (blackout i think?)

Egos on
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    Sepah for managing to completely obscure every single pertinent mafia busdriver in HoPo with his own and then claimed them all to the village network, the night that he then caught a potato and died.
    m-vibe

discrider on
  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    I'll second the meme that shall not be named "m-vibe , now for men"

• GreenbaronsGreenbarons CanadaRegistered User regular
    Sepah was the best mafia Hopo player who was not a mafia, how we lost with him on (not) our team I will never know.

• CesareBCesareB Registered User regular
    The Anonymous for his actions on day 3 of Denizen [Mini-Phalla] whereby he managed to get the seer's mouthpiece killed by the vote. Vertroue helped, but of course didn't do so intentionally.

• vertrouevertroue I am Female Totes Not a SithRegistered User regular
    Yes I think I did. Wasnt that the one where I said I hate sser calls?

Blood and Fire
    From the Desk of Darth Vertroue Diplomat to the USA.
  • CesareBCesareB Registered User regular
    vertroue wrote: »
    Yes I think I did. Wasnt that the one where I said I hate sser calls?

Maybe? I still don't think you're really culpable, because in the end you had no idea that the person in second would die to the vote. I mean it was still silly voting for the person making the call but not really your fault that it mattered.

• AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    I think INANTP's MissingNO posts from the Pokephalla deserve consideration on the graphics front.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    CHICKEN BOO the protagonist of Phallona!

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
    Ke$hbra

Also, I want to nominate voting out Assuran in that game as an enormous blunder, but I'm not really sure it qualifies.

WE MADE YOU NESTED MICRO PHALLAS AND YOU KILLED IT

seconded

• AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    While I'm nominating, Egos' BatSquidgod from Drawfia moved me deeply.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

edited December 2013
    Sir Fab eating the pie

Gizzy on
  • The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    CesareB wrote: »
    The Anonymous for his actions on day 3 of Denizen [Mini-Phalla] whereby he managed to get the seer's mouthpiece killed by the vote. Vertroue helped, but of course didn't do so intentionally.
    Oh, that! That was the one where I had to use that power or else I'd lose it forever.

And the best part was that I managed to pin the blame on other parties without even doing anything!
    Gizzy wrote: »
    Seconded.

CesareB wrote: »
    Oh, that! That was the one where I had to use that power or else I'd lose it forever.

And the best part was that I managed to pin the blame on other parties without even doing anything!
    Seconded.

It was literally amazing to me how little you had to post at all that game. I really should've had a more-resilient mafia designed, but I was still surprised nobody called you out on saying basically nothing.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

Sir Fab eating the pie

I just wanted to repost this because I think it might be my favorite thing ever written:
    GrimmyTOA wrote: »
    Sir Fab's pie eating order was a thing of beauty, and is reproduced here:
    Okay here's what I'm going to do:

I start off by just touching it. Just lightly caressing it's sweet crispy exterior. I can feel every part of that wonderful pastry. Every bump, every blemish. It's all beautiful. Some people think that a pie casing must be completely smooth, but I know differently. I know that a pie is like a glass of wine.

Of course the average Joe will drink a glass of wine.

"This is quite good," he will say. Or "I love the oaky flavour."

But both you and I know that he is only getting a small part of the enjoyment that comes with the wine. He hasn't truly observed it. He hasn't connected with it on a level more intimate than can be achieved by any woman. This is how I feel about pie.

And so as I run my fingers fleetingly over the pastry, I close my eyes and really let my nerves narrate the pie's story to me. It is wonderful, heavenly, perhaps the greatest experience that can be achieved. And this is only part one.

Now I get to smell the pie. I have been holding my breath this whole time. I know the proper order of things after all. To be headstrong is to ruin the experience. Every step must be taken only after the total completion of what came previously. Now the aroma fills my nostrils. I have smelled hundreds of pies. There are so many kinds, and each has a completely unique scent, revealing it's flavour, it's creation, it's entire backstory. There are pies made with love by old grandmother's smiling at the picture of their grandchildren beaming in excitement of a fruity dessert made with love and attention. There are pies made by factory workers. They may not have that earthy aroma of being baked in a kitchen by the matriarch of a joyous family, but they are special in their own way. They smell like precision. Each ingredient put into the filling so that everything fits just right. The chemicals present to preserve and protect this pie from the elements. There is something calming about it in a way that only a true pie connoisseur could appreciate.

It is strange. I have never smelled anything like this pie before. A brief thought enters my mind. Could my senses have been dulled by the long trip through space? I pray that this is not the case. It is true that now I'm intrigued. I almost rush on. Almost make haste in my excitement. I stop myself at the last moment. The thought of a brand new pie should not contaminate the experience.

After cataloguing the odour in my mind, I take out my tools. They are simple, and yet effective. A knife, a fork and a plate. Once again I admire their craftsmanship. The knife, sharp and light. Allowing for precise control. A clean cut. This allows the knife to enter the pie effortlessly without creating ugly fissures in the shell that will distract from future attempts at artful observation. The fork is just as important clean and bright. Also quite light. It is small and unobtrusive, allowing your mouth to really feel the pie as if in a natural state. I have had it for many years. Finally, the plate. Although often seen as rather unimportant, the plate ties everything together. It must be spotless so as not to influence the wholly individual taste of the pie. It is a light beige colour with a floral design. This is complementary to almost every pie. With such a plate, one could "accidentally" forget the pie on a coffee table and walk away to observe it from a distance. Such art can put million dollar pieces to shame.

Properly prepared, I press my knife into the pie at a 22.5 degree angle, eyeing it perfectly through my years of practice. The penultimate step is to marvel in the way the knife cuts the pie. It is firm, yet gentle. A great deal can be told by how the knife passes through the filling. Are there berries inside? Is it smooth and creamy like a pumpkin pie? How evenly distributed is the filling?

I can feel the pastry parting like flesh. Like a glorious surgery, exposing the inside of the diseased individual to the outside world. Glistening, dripping, with just the hint of a squelch, the filling is exposed to the air, gasping as if it has been underground for eternity. The light plays off of the seeds dispersed throughout.

Now, finally, it is time. Carefully, oh so carefully, so that not a fragment is left behind, I lift a piece away from it's birthing body, and set it upon my plate. I am breathing heavily at this point. My face is flushed, my pupils dilating. A warmth spreads through my body as I think about the most joyous parts of my life. There is a pit inside me that cannot be filled. I must consume this sweet treat.

I lift a tiny part of pie from the thin end of the piece. My tongue, coated with saliva, snakes out of my mouth and lightly caresses the piece. I whimper ever so slightly, suddenly lost in the taste. The glands in my mouth are working full force now preparing my body for the holy pilgrimage of pastry. Before entering my mouth, I work the bit on my fork with my tongue, fellating it slightly.

I think I will enjoy this pie.

Steam
    I second Sir Fab Eating the Pie.

I nominate MRTLicious for using the RNG to select the mafia kill target in the Dungeon Crawl game, and didn't change it when the result was one of the merchants. Premium was left to do damage control the next day.

Steam
    I'll go ahead and vote for Gizzy because that decision is easy.

Tough choice on the gold vote. I think Invictus did quite a good job in Mandophalla and has quickly risen to the ranks of folks to die in the first couple of days.

Steam
  • MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    Egos for everything from Sir Fab's game

Or maybe I should just nominate Sir Fab for Sir Fab's game.

Wasn't there a game where @Obifett was responsible for killing multiple seers somehow?

Steam
    I'll happily second the "Screw it, let's attack a merchant," move by MrT from Dungeon Crawl.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

I actually was hoping Invictus wouldn't get nominated to give some of the newer folks a chance - but I feel like I have to vote for him bc there was zero learning curve - he started out as a phalla pro.

What game was buddha's first game? Was it Assuran's game?

Steam
    MrTLicious wrote: »

It's early yet but I'd say Drawfia is a really strong contender for Best Mini, yeah. That was very entertaining.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Mikey CTSMikey CTS Registered User regular
    It's got to be Chicken Boo

And yeah, it's totally "Screw it, let's attack a merchant," move by MrT

Auralynx

// PSN: wyrd_warrior // MHW Name: Josei //
  • Mikey CTSMikey CTS Registered User regular
    I may be a little biased about that second one

// PSN: wyrd_warrior // MHW Name: Josei //
    Auralynx wrote: »

It's early yet but I'd say Drawfia is a really strong contender for Best Mini, yeah. That was very entertaining.

There were a ton of really good minis this past year. That decision is going to be really difficult.

Steam

There were a ton of really good minis this past year. That decision is going to be really difficult.

Yeah, it's going to be a Godzilla-style smash-up brawl for that category, but Drawfia was still top notch. :P

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    Also, Egos for the spoilered infographic from the newbie mini
    attitudes.png

• ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    I might have a chance if Zombie Hero rolls out a least improved player category.

I figure I got a chance at that.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    I am so bad at phalla...

Zonugal wrote: »
    I might have a chance if Zombie Hero rolls out a least improved player category.

You'd be a strong contender for "Guy we wish signed up more often," but that category would probably need one of those Olympic pyramid stands' worth of winners, minimum.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

that being said, if anyone has any awards that they would like to see that aren't included in the list. PM me.

Steam
    Zonugal wrote: »

You'd be a strong contender for "Guy we wish signed up more often," but that category would probably need one of those Olympic pyramid stands' worth of winners, minimum.

Perhaps I will!

• Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    I will eat every pie.

I am not kidding.

If you explicitly tell me in the narration that eating pie will result in my death and the complete destruction of my soul, I will not back down.

That order to eat the pie came in direct opposition with what I told the village head I was doing, and though I regret the actions on some level, I still believe that that choice was the correct one.

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906