As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The 5th Annualish [Phalla] Awards

• jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    What pie did Sir Fab eat?

Also, I am rapidly heading towards my own meltdown in MrB's Set game going on right now. :|

• GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    A death pie from outer space

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • MegafrostMegafrost Leader of the Decepticons Registered User regular
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Also, I am rapidly heading towards my own meltdown in MrB's Set game going on right now. :|

Don't worry, we'll have forgotten about it by next year's awards.

Spaaaaaaace pie

• Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    It contained potassium benzoate.

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
    That's bad :(

Steam
    Hmm linking on my phone .. Help me out ZH!

• Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    From the "Journey: The [PHALLA] for new Earth.

I die on day 5. In short there was a pie that appeared in a random place each day.

It was a death pie. I believe it was heavily implied to be a death pie.

I was a minor special, helping the network find out information about items.

Instead of doing my job one night, I ate the pie.

Satisfaction was fleeting.

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
    Steam
  • schussschuss Registered User regular
    Auralynx For summoning me to play in Pokephalla, only to have me be mafia and day 1 him after revealing he was a special via PM's.

discrider

That particular game continues to haunt me - every time I hear the name on tv I think Eva longoria spacesuit

• Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    I don't know if Iron Weasel's performance in Journey: Phalla for a New Earth qualifies because i don't know how new he was at the time. Was this within his first few games?
    I think it was. My first game was Sabre's Unknown Armies game.

Thanks for the vote, btw :)

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    Mikey CTS wrote: »
    And yeah, it's totally "Screw it, let's attack a merchant," move by MrT

Auralynx
    I agree with this.

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    I nominate the day 1 seer call in Phallantasy and Faeries, and fallout. I'm not entirely sure it's the right category, but that was, uh, weird.

Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
  • The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Why don't I remember that game, it sounds awesome.
    I remember this one! I was mafia in that game. I remember it because we didn't double-check orders, allowing one of our own to walk into an area we were venting into space.

I don't think they played again after that... :(

I also nominate Day 2 of Quirks of Fate, at the end of which the hosts had to directly intervene in order to prevent a game that was intended to be incredibly weird and bizarre from actually self-destructing on day 2.

I do not mean to imply this wasn't not at least partially the hosts' fault.

• Gandalf_the_CrazedGandalf_the_Crazed Vigilo ConfidoRegistered User regular
    Infy and I should get Best Duo for Phalla Squadron.

Also Best Meltdown.

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
    Slow down there Invictus.
    That isn't not way too many negatives in that last sentence there.

Slow down there Invictus.
    That isn't not way too many negatives in that last sentence there.

One of those negatives was in fact unintentional. I leave which as an exercise for the reader.

• kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    MrTLicious wrote: »
    Also, Egos for the spoilered infographic from the newbie mini
    attitudes.png

Hahaha this is much better after having played Persona 4.

Also, Sir Fab eating the pie was fantastic.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    schuss wrote: »
    Auralynx For summoning me to play in Pokephalla, only to have me be mafia and day 1 him after revealing he was a special via PM's.

discrider

You're gonna want to save that for Best Betrayal or second my nominating you for a special award for worst guy to summon a couple pages back.

Also, grr.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

edited December 2013
    I unintentionally betrayed every single person, even my own faction, in the Pokemon game

Maybe betrayed isn't the right word

Gizzy on
    edited December 2013
    Nominating Gizzy for the George Costanza "It's not a lie if you believe it" Award for Phallamon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UB8TCRUd9rA

Zombie Hero on
    Steam
  • AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Gizzy wrote: »
    I unintentionally betrayed every single person, even my own faction, in the Pokemon game

I had zoned out due to schuss-induced despair at that point, what happened?

kshu0oba7xnr.png

edited December 2013
    Auralynx wrote: »

I was a special - The Returning Pokemon Champion - that started out with maxed out strength pokemon. My PM was green, so I thought I was village aligned. I was "other" aligned, and was supposed to team up with the Elite 4 who could win with me. I was self convinced they were out to murder me and never contacted them. I convinced the net head I was village, b/c I really thought I was .. and he sacrificed himself for me on the last day and I won the game. Like the title was "Gizzy Victory." I was like .. oh .. ooooops, and Langly was disgruntled.

Gizzy on
    If there was a "drew the short stick" award, the Elite 4 would be a strong candidate.

Steam
  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    edited December 2013
    Sir Fab eating the pie

I just wanted to repost this because I think it might be my favorite thing ever written:
    GrimmyTOA wrote: »
    Sir Fab's pie eating order was a thing of beauty, and is reproduced here:
    Okay here's what I'm going to do:

I start off by just touching it. Just lightly caressing it's sweet crispy exterior. I can feel every part of that wonderful pastry. Every bump, every blemish. It's all beautiful. Some people think that a pie casing must be completely smooth, but I know differently. I know that a pie is like a glass of wine.

Of course the average Joe will drink a glass of wine.

"This is quite good," he will say. Or "I love the oaky flavour."

But both you and I know that he is only getting a small part of the enjoyment that comes with the wine. He hasn't truly observed it. He hasn't connected with it on a level more intimate than can be achieved by any woman. This is how I feel about pie.

And so as I run my fingers fleetingly over the pastry, I close my eyes and really let my nerves narrate the pie's story to me. It is wonderful, heavenly, perhaps the greatest experience that can be achieved. And this is only part one.

Now I get to smell the pie. I have been holding my breath this whole time. I know the proper order of things after all. To be headstrong is to ruin the experience. Every step must be taken only after the total completion of what came previously. Now the aroma fills my nostrils. I have smelled hundreds of pies. There are so many kinds, and each has a completely unique scent, revealing it's flavour, it's creation, it's entire backstory. There are pies made with love by old grandmother's smiling at the picture of their grandchildren beaming in excitement of a fruity dessert made with love and attention. There are pies made by factory workers. They may not have that earthy aroma of being baked in a kitchen by the matriarch of a joyous family, but they are special in their own way. They smell like precision. Each ingredient put into the filling so that everything fits just right. The chemicals present to preserve and protect this pie from the elements. There is something calming about it in a way that only a true pie connoisseur could appreciate.

It is strange. I have never smelled anything like this pie before. A brief thought enters my mind. Could my senses have been dulled by the long trip through space? I pray that this is not the case. It is true that now I'm intrigued. I almost rush on. Almost make haste in my excitement. I stop myself at the last moment. The thought of a brand new pie should not contaminate the experience.

After cataloguing the odour in my mind, I take out my tools. They are simple, and yet effective. A knife, a fork and a plate. Once again I admire their craftsmanship. The knife, sharp and light. Allowing for precise control. A clean cut. This allows the knife to enter the pie effortlessly without creating ugly fissures in the shell that will distract from future attempts at artful observation. The fork is just as important clean and bright. Also quite light. It is small and unobtrusive, allowing your mouth to really feel the pie as if in a natural state. I have had it for many years. Finally, the plate. Although often seen as rather unimportant, the plate ties everything together. It must be spotless so as not to influence the wholly individual taste of the pie. It is a light beige colour with a floral design. This is complementary to almost every pie. With such a plate, one could "accidentally" forget the pie on a coffee table and walk away to observe it from a distance. Such art can put million dollar pieces to shame.

Properly prepared, I press my knife into the pie at a 22.5 degree angle, eyeing it perfectly through my years of practice. The penultimate step is to marvel in the way the knife cuts the pie. It is firm, yet gentle. A great deal can be told by how the knife passes through the filling. Are there berries inside? Is it smooth and creamy like a pumpkin pie? How evenly distributed is the filling?

I can feel the pastry parting like flesh. Like a glorious surgery, exposing the inside of the diseased individual to the outside world. Glistening, dripping, with just the hint of a squelch, the filling is exposed to the air, gasping as if it has been underground for eternity. The light plays off of the seeds dispersed throughout.

Now, finally, it is time. Carefully, oh so carefully, so that not a fragment is left behind, I lift a piece away from it's birthing body, and set it upon my plate. I am breathing heavily at this point. My face is flushed, my pupils dilating. A warmth spreads through my body as I think about the most joyous parts of my life. There is a pit inside me that cannot be filled. I must consume this sweet treat.

I lift a tiny part of pie from the thin end of the piece. My tongue, coated with saliva, snakes out of my mouth and lightly caresses the piece. I whimper ever so slightly, suddenly lost in the taste. The glands in my mouth are working full force now preparing my body for the holy pilgrimage of pastry. Before entering my mouth, I work the bit on my fork with my tongue, fellating it slightly.

I think I will enjoy this pie.

This was from me and Grimmy's Journey to New Earth phalla, yeah?
    It seems SO FAMILIAR.
    Second!

Man shit I'm way slow. That one was fun!
    And Grimmy and I totally facepalmed when the mafia vented one of their own.
    The narrations were quite fun to write.

Erin The Red on
  • premiumpremium Registered User regular

I was a special - The Returning Pokemon Champion - that started out with maxed out strength pokemon. My PM was green, so I thought I was village aligned. I was "other" aligned, and was supposed to team up with the Elite 4 who could win with me. I was self convinced they were out to murder me and never contacted them. I convinced the net head I was village, b/c I really thought I was .. and he sacrificed himself for me on the last day and I won the game. Like the title was "Gizzy Victory." I was like .. oh .. ooooops, and Langly was disgruntled.

To be fair, you had basically the same wincon as the village and it was a championship game so only one villager was going to get a full victory anyways.

• Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Admiral & Star Destroyer Crew Meltdown from Obi's X-Wing Phalla
    Me (admiral) and two folks on the ship (i'm bad at name remembering, sorry!) were locked down until we agreed to shoot a member of the ship.
    We all said "fuck it" and then started trading recipes and such in a PM thread. It was an awesome day. And I am sad that I don't have that PM tree anymore :(

• MegafrostMegafrost Leader of the Decepticons Registered User regular
    Admiral & Star Destroyer Crew Meltdown from Obi's X-Wing Phalla
    Me (admiral) and two folks on the ship (i'm bad at name remembering, sorry!) were locked down until we agreed to shoot a member of the ship.
    We all said "fuck it" and then started trading recipes and such in a PM thread. It was an awesome day. And I am sad that I don't have that PM tree anymore :(

The two others on the ship were @Typhus733 and myself. And yeah, I remember that.

"We need to kill someone."
    "Hey, babies are awesome."
    <baby conversation>
    "Hey, food is awesome."
    <food conversation>
    "So, we need to kill someone."

That's who it was!
    Yeah, sorry for forgetting you guys :(
    Like I said, terrible with names.

Also! A quick poll:
    Would you all be more interested in a continuation of the New Earth phalla series (planet colonization, etc) or a Welcome to Night Vale phalla?
    I'm getting the itch to host again

I would like the sweetest mash-up this world has ever seen.

I would like the sweetest mash-up this world has ever seen.
    Peanut butter and chocolate?
    Fries and frosty?

Night Vale in … Spaaaaaaaaace

Night Vale in … Spaaaaaaaaace

I'm not over-familiar with either, but that sounds vaguely like Dark City to me.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• LanglyLangly Registered User regular

Hahah god damn it I has forgotten about this.

The remaining villagers got rule zeroed into winning in the end narration at least