As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

black and white [chat]

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Ludum dare is this week-end.

Mebbe next yer, Luddum Dere. Mebbe next yer.

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    The digging in starbound is a bit too slow for my tastes. I'm sure better pickaxes improve that, but the base speed is just a about half a degree past just being a twinge annoying.

Oh god, on my first night of playing, I somehow managed to miss the fact that I could even make pickaxes.

I was dying from the slow.

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    oh my half price fried cheese curds today in the cafe

*solemnly moves belt to one notch fatter*

• Options
    zagdrobzagdrob Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    the mcrib is so disgusting. i am the opposite of a food snob: i just had way too many mcdonald's sandwiches yesterday. i'm not a proud man.

but good lord that fucking horrible, gristly, inhumanly smooth extruded patty with a sandy inside... it's like 50% pork, 20% cornmeal, 20% congealed slime, and 10% sand from the nearest beach

nauseatingly terrible

I agree as someone who really likes some mcdonalds food a great deal (such as their fries, as long as they're hot)

I could eat a Big Mac extra value meal every day. Sure, you would need to use exponents to measure my cholesterol and I'd be too fat to travel without an amigo in a few months...but until my heart exploded at 35, it would be grand.

The McRib is the worst sandwich I've ever had at a fast food place. I'd happily eat a fish fillet before I'd ever eat one of those corn-syrup and red dye soaked turds.

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    To me, in a game like Terraria, Minecraft, or Starbound, the mining should sort of be ancillary. Meaning you do it, because it's part of the game, but the speed should be FAST AS FUCK. Also, your mine swings in a 2D game like that should knock down your character's pixel height so you can mine straight paths across more efficiently. In my opinion, the game is about building and exploration, not....tinking at rocks. If you want a limitation, simply make earth that can not be penetrated at all except by higher level picks. Don't make it slow and annoying.

• Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    Elldren wrote: »
    The digging in starbound is a bit too slow for my tastes. I'm sure better pickaxes improve that, but the base speed is just a about half a degree past just being a twinge annoying.

In my experience so far they don't much, at least for hard materials

You should feedback that

It depends on what you're digging in, and the tech level of your pickaxe does matter. Like I said, my friend and I were cutting through the ground incredibly fast. The act of grinding resources is actually fun!

Many mishaps were had due to sand and gravel cave ins, bands of aggressive monsters, near drownings and the shenanigans of trying to bury each other.

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    the mcrib is so disgusting. i am the opposite of a food snob: i just had way too many mcdonald's sandwiches yesterday. i'm not a proud man.

but good lord that fucking horrible, gristly, inhumanly smooth extruded patty with a sandy inside... it's like 50% pork, 20% cornmeal, 20% congealed slime, and 10% sand from the nearest beach

nauseatingly terrible

You are such a food snob. I felt your disapproving gaze over my cheese board.

I heard your "tut tuts" over me using the incorrect knife for the medium cheese.

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    Casual wrote: »
    i have to say

iam getting really tired of doing other peoples jobs who earn more money than me >:[

but

that's what work is

someone gets paid $10 to do actual work

that person's supervisor takes the credit

the supervisor's manager explains how they orchestrated and oversaw

the VP over the manager talks about how they set the strategy to do the thing

and then the CEO gets paid dat money

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    It's cool I'll just hang out at the cool kids table with @Feral and we can have all the McRibs

Oh my god the fart I just produced is probably illegal under the Geneva Convention

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    The base pickaxe is only used for about 3 minutes. Then you should be able to upgrade. And with the quantity of ore on planets now, you can get up to silver within 20 minutes.

• Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    Casual wrote: »
    i have to say

iam getting really tired of doing other peoples jobs who earn more money than me >:[

but

that's what work is

someone gets paid $10 to do actual work

that person's supervisor takes the credit

the supervisor's manager explains how they orchestrated and oversaw

the VP over the manager talks about how they set the strategy to do the thing

and then the CEO gets paid dat money

The system works!

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    oh my half price fried cheese curds today in the cafe

*solemnly moves belt to one notch fatter*

Jelly

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    the mcrib could be forgiven if it was good. i'll eat the most awful shit that just shits inside my body if it is tasty. but i don't even like the bbq sauce they use.

so it's something i'm not even tempted to do, thankfully. tastes like shit? mouth feel like shit? makes me feel like shit? well, there's an issue settled!

I've made a lot of bad decisions in my life. Just stupid, like not even thinking.

But I've never had a McRib. I like to think you know, at least I can still say that.

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    Sand and gravel avalanches are the best.

• Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »

nauseatingly terrible

I heard your "tut tuts" over me using the incorrect knife for the medium cheese.

is a cheese board anything like a chess board for cheese

like, pawns are cheddar and rooks are gouda

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Tamin wrote: »

nauseatingly terrible

Yes.

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    this morning my boss was stuck in traffic, asked me to send an email to her boss

he shoots back that he doesn't agree, I call my boss to explain, she gives me a response to send him

he emails back again

and I am like, caught in the middle of this argument

bleh

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    I'm still using the base pick axe...

granted last night I was mining straight down and asking for coordinates to the mormon planet so I could nuke the latter day fuck out of it so maybe I wasn't exactly playing what you would refer to as efficiently.

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    The heavy enemies in Farcry 3 are bullshit. Taking a bunch of molotov cocktails to kill is bullshit and I don't want to waste space with a stupid RPG.

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod

nauseatingly terrible

look, when in astoria do as the poors do

i didn't want to say anything and embarrass you but i couldn't help but notice ras' vadas lacked the customary diamonds

*stares disapprovingly*

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Tamin wrote: »

nauseatingly terrible

fVBtQK4.jpg?1

The cheeseboard is on the right. It's the thing with the cheese on it.

• Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    yes, it was a joke

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    this morning my boss was stuck in traffic, asked me to send an email to her boss

he shoots back that he doesn't agree, I call my boss to explain, she gives me a response to send him

he emails back again

bleh

Skippy, tell my boss seven blowjobs is my limit or they're going to have to come up with a bigger promotion.

Skippy, tell your boss twelve blowjobs and a handy at the Christmas party is the absolute least we'll accept.

Skippy, tell my boss I will agree to nine blowjobs, petting but no climax at the Christmas party, and a corner office overlooking the pond.

• Options

nauseatingly terrible

i didn't want to say anything and embarrass you but i couldn't help but notice ras' vadas lacked the customary diamonds

*stares disapprovingly*

I dont even know what a vadas is.
    *dies from embarrassment*

• Options
    JamesKeenanJamesKeenan Registered User regular
    I happen to think the McRib is a shit sandwich just because it falls apart so fucking easily. Like, I'd be able to tolerate it without the pickles, and some thicker bbq sauce.

• Options
    I'm still using the base pick axe...

granted last night I was mining straight down and asking for coordinates to the mormon planet so I could nuke the latter day fuck out of it so maybe I wasn't exactly playing what you would refer to as efficiently.

That will make you hit stone quick. When you start, just walk along the surface for a while. You'll find nodes of copper, and iron in the nice soft dirt.

• Options
    Couscous wrote: »
    The heavy enemies in Farcry 3 are bullshit. Taking a bunch of molotov cocktails to kill is bullshit and I don't want to waste space with a stupid RPG.

Does farcry have manpads?

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    for reals though. That apartment is so shitty. I am glad it hasn't fallen apart yet.

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod

nauseatingly terrible

*stares disapprovingly*

neither do i

i googled 'indian appetizers' and clicked the first one that looked like something at your party

then i pretended you served the poor version of it

:3

• Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    Wanna punch the world right now.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    Manpads is my favorite word for a weapon system.

• Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    Gonmun wrote: »
    Nova_C wrote: »
    @Shivahn and anyone else that plays Starbound:

My friend picked up a purple weapon within like 10 minutes of us starting to play the other day. It's this weird bone axe that shoots bones out with a shotgun sound effect.

So, we're mining and we quickly figure out that that axe causes a massive section of dirt or sand to weaken. So we stack up, he blasts away with that while I use a pickaxe and we were cutting through the ground like butter. In a couple hours we mined over 1000 coal, 1000 iron, 700 copper, 400 silver and like 100 diamond. It was nuts.

All we did was stay away from the bedrock.

IIRC that's a legendary weapon your friend picked up. That's a pretty sweet haul you got. I need to see about getting on tonight and this weekend. What server is everyone playing on?

My friend got that legendary before the wipe and it was pretty boss.

People are welcome on the one I set up for G&T, thomastasks.org and the pw is the normal one for our servers. rules are 'dont be a dick'

As for mining speed, if you are mining in cobblestone you are doing it wrong. So wrong. Only dig in dirt, or sand/gravel.

DiannaoChong on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    evilbob wrote: »

We could start in Salt Lake City and work our way outwards

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    I like that "being rich" is now an actual legal defense in texas that is actually made unironically and actually can be used to evade a multi decade prison sentence

the pretense of not just letting the rich get away with murder was kind of silly

override367 on
  • Options

nauseatingly terrible

*stares disapprovingly*

neither do i

i googled 'indian appetizers' and clicked the first one that looked like something at your party

then i pretended you served the poor version of it

:3

I dont know what any of those were. They were pretty 'meh', but raz couldn't think of an appropriate winter themed finger sammitch, and I was too lazy to make paninis or sliders to order.

• Options
    I was running a server before the wipe but haven't really played since

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    evilbob wrote: »

We could start in Salt Lake City and work our way outwards

I'm ok with this. Mormons had it coming.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular

he emails back again

bleh

My sort of boss has been getting me to type emails on her behalf all afternoon.

This is mostly because she is trying to escalate problems that we are giving her that she does not herself understand.

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Seen on tumblr:
    starfleet: we're glad you're home
    starfleet: we've been reviewing your records
    janeway: k when is my promotion
    starfleet: what makes you think you're getting a promotion
    janeway: my future self told me all about it when she broke the temporal prime directive and brought me stolen future technology
    starfleet: yeah so in that vein there are some things we need to discuss
    janeway: if there's a problem with the paperwork blame chakotay
    janeway: i don't do forms i do holographic irish bartenders and former borg drones
    starfleet:
    doctor: i can assure you that while in the delta quadrant we conducted ourselves with grace and dignity according to the highest principles of starfleet
    b'elanna: yeah step off our balls you weren't there you don't know
    tom: yeah you weren't there that time we stole a keg of omega molecules from some douchebag aliens who were going to blow up the quadrant
    harry: or that time we played space nascar and ended up in the center of a terrorist plot
    tom: or that time we were all super horny and built a fake irish city so that we could get drunk and laid
    harry: or when we tied that guy to a chair and waited for the aliens to eat him because he wouldn't tell us what we wanted to know
    tom: oh shit remember that time i got 30 days for ignoring the wishes of some foreign government and destroying their mining operation
    harry: that was almost as crazy as the time you restored that old shuttle but then it fell in love with you and tried to kill b'elanna
    b'elanna: speaking of which remember when that bomb i made for the maquis came back and tried to kill us
    chakotay: that reminds me of when seska stole my dna and tried to impregnate herself with my child
    tom: nothing will ever compare to the time me and the captain had kids and left them on that planet
    janeway: we were young and innocent then
    tom: how many lizard years to a human year i feel like i should send a birthday card
    janeway: like 6
    tom: you don't even know you're just saying that
    janeway: you should talk you're such an absent father
    tom: oh no you didn't
    janeway: i didn't even want kids
    starfleet:
    starfleet: is there a reason you stenciled PARTY BUS on the side of voyager
    tom:
    harry:
    b'elanna:
    doctor:
    janeway: is there a reason i shouldn't have

@jacobkosh

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    gccbad8b1.png

This discussion has been closed.