As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Gran Turismo 5]: The Real Cash Cow Simulator (Spec v2.0 and DLC out)

12345679»

• Options
    YannYann Registered User regular
    Looking back this is probably one of my most played games for the last few years. As a casual race dude with a G27 and a crazy homebrew racing setup ( I use a fold-able sun chair as a bucket chair :D ) it is just perfect. I have no huge interest in cars, and I'm not a racing buff by any means, but just sitting down with the F10 and grinding out 20 laps on Suzuka is extremely satisfying (getting close to that track lap record time!). Bought Spa recently as well and it is also amazing.

• Options
    McFodderMcFodder Registered User regular
    Can't find a GT6 thread - picked it up and have been enjoying it! Menus are a lot quicker which is great, some of the courses are amazing.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3944-9431-0318
    PSN / Xbox / NNID: Fodder185
  • Options
    devericdeveric MinneapolisRegistered User regular
    Yeah, a lot of things are nicer, but I've got some major gripes about the game. B-spec was really nice to have. The soundtrack, while nice, you can't edit/change any of it. Replays are terrible, and you should be able to opt-out of them. There were a couple of other things, but I can't remember them off the top of my head since it's been a couple of days since I played it.

• Options
    BlitzAce1981BlitzAce1981 Registered User regular
    deveric wrote: »
    Yeah, a lot of things are nicer, but I've got some major gripes about the game. B-spec was really nice to have. The soundtrack, while nice, you can't edit/change any of it. Replays are terrible, and you should be able to opt-out of them. There were a couple of other things, but I can't remember them off the top of my head since it's been a couple of days since I played it.

B-Spec is getting patched in at some point, and it'll be more like GT4 than GT5 (i.e. A- and B-spec are not separated into their own races, and can be changed mid-race). The soundtrack can be changed - go into Gallery and you can change what is in each playlist, or go into Options and use the playlists on your PS3's hard drive. I'll agree that having a mandatory replay after a race is annoying, though.

PSN ID - BlitzAce1981 FFXIV - Raiden Solitaire (Sargatanas)
  • Options
    devericdeveric MinneapolisRegistered User regular
    Yeah I heard about B-spec, and that's fine, but I liked how it was in GT5, especially later on. I'll check out the playlist separating when I get home. Thanks

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    I don't understand the appeal of B-spec

is there something I am missing in higher class levels?

I have GT6 and I like it fine but it is definitely GT5.5 in my mind

The car handling is better but still a little fake. Wheel support is much better as memory serves, so that's good.

Enjoying it. Eager to try online play.

• Options
    BlitzAce1981BlitzAce1981 Registered User regular
    B-Spec is probably best for endurance races. Give them an overpowered car, shove them in an endurance race, and go do something else safe in the knowledge that you don't have to drive around the Nordschleife for 24 hours. Not that I know if there are any endurance races yet, since I'm still on International B.

PSN ID - BlitzAce1981 FFXIV - Raiden Solitaire (Sargatanas)