As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PA Comic] Friday, December 6, 2013 - Incorporated

2»

• Options
    JormungandrJormungandr Registered User regular
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    El Skid wrote: »
    I gather that Checkpoint is being dropped for the moment so they can focus on their kickstarter projects. Effective immediately.

So as a checkpoint fan, that hurts a little :(

I was already checking out SUSD's new site (and now realize the impetus behind it), so that doesn't hurt so much. :)

@El Skid In the other thread they were saying Checkpoint is still being produced by whatever parent group does it, PATV just won't be around to carry it anymore.

Yeah, LRR still has the rights, but they've chosen to cease production because of this change. (And because of their kickstarter projects for next year). Graham from LRR made a blog entry on their site about it here : http://loadingreadyrun.com/blog/2013/12/08/checkpoint-cleared/

• Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    As someone who enjoyed checking out PAR and some of the shows on PATV -- granted, most of these are still available elsewhere (I'm sad we never got more seasons of The K&S show, though) -- and who really doesn't care for the extraneous comics like Sand and Lookouts, this is a pretty disappointing day for me.

• Options
    YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    forty wrote: »
    As someone who enjoyed checking out PAR and some of the shows on PATV -- granted, most of these are still available elsewhere (I'm sad we never got more seasons of The K&S show, though) -- and who really doesn't care for the extraneous comics like Sand and Lookouts, this is a pretty disappointing day for me.
    Kris and Scott are still making videos together. It's just that right now, they are Mappy cartoons for Shiftylook. I'm guessing they just don't have time to make two video series at the same time.

• Options
    RatherDashing89RatherDashing89 Registered User regular
    ruzkin wrote: »
    I'm gutted by this. Extra Credits, Checkpoint and SUSD are three great shows I discovered through PATV and watch religiously, but I doubt I'll remember to check them out weekly when they head back to their own hosting. It's a damn shame that PATV can't even continue on as an aggregator of gaming content.

I get where you're coming from, but keeping up with EC at least probably won't even necessitate a new bookmark on your bar. They have a youtube channel, so all you need to do is subscribe. You do...go to Youtube, right?

• Options
    TheMaggishTheMaggish TheMaggish SwitzerlandRegistered User new member
    Very good Comics :)

I am a new user here :3 Just wanna share my arts. And I don't speak english well (like you can see) so I am here to learn too (I speak french, tamil :) )
    TheMaggishBanniere-419947886?ga_submit_new=10%253A1387115558