As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

CF Phalla Signup List

• Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    Alright, i would like to move up the potential start day this Wednesday or Thursday, then. @Bandwagon, is this possible?

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    BandwagonBandwagon Registered User regular
    There are a couple of people who have games that can run, but they've reserved their games for when no other games are running, for the most part. It should be alright for you to run your thread simultaneous with a mini-Phalla.

• Options
    romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    I'd like to run my Christmas mini starting on around the 20th.

• Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    Until that time, why not an experimental Phalla to tide things over?

The Phallaer's Dilemma

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    The 2013 Phallies will be posted this evening.

Steam
  • Options
    The Phalla Awards have commenced!

Steam
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    edited December 2013
    I should actually make that Night Vale phalla I keep thinking about.
    I have a basic setting and some ideas, but the mechanics could use some work.

Erin The Red on
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Someone with a feel for the Night Vale mythos and/or a good head for game balancing, please send me a PM? I need halps

• Options
    edited December 2013
    Jeez, sorry for all the spam!

Anyway, questions regarding presentation on the Night Vale phalla:

Two main options that I'm thinking of
    *Just text, written in the style of the podcast
    *Text in the style of the podcast, with an accompanying recording of me trying to do my best Cecil impression in the narration post. This would probably delay the narration by like 45 minutes to an hour.

Also, does anyone know an easy way for me to say things into a microphone and then upload it?
    Can I just upload audio to a youtubes?

So yeah, I guess give me your opinions/ideas!

Erin The Red on
  • Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Right, well, who's in charge of the stat block games? I have.... ideas for a Starbound game

Erin The Red on
  • Options
    undergroundmonorailundergroundmonorail single-track subway Registered User regular
    Also, does anyone know an easy way for me to say things into a microphone and then upload it?
    Can I just upload audio to a youtubes?

Vocaroo's a thing.

Pokémon X | 3DS Friend Code: 0490-4897-7688
    Friend Safari: Fighting - Machoke, Pancham, Riolu | In game name: Jessica
    Official Weather Gym Leader of the G+T Pokémon League. @me to try for the Climate Badge!
  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    edited December 2013
    Right, well, who's in charge of the stat block games? I have.... ideas for a Starbound game

Once my head's above water (Friday) I'd be happy to help out putting one of those together.

Auralynx on
    kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Options
    I forgot who is the one who has the setup to host the web end of stuff. Was it infidel?

• Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    I forgot who is the one who has the setup to host the web end of stuff. Was it infidel?

Si, although what do you need?

• Options
    Them to host my creation! Hahaha.
    I still need to figure out mechanics

• Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    Are you talking developing-it co-hosting, or just "I need a server" hosting?

I've done the former and working with others on it. In fact, I still have to finish the framework rewrite that makes it much easier for me to throw together an arbitrary game of others.

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    Like once I get the gameplay all sorted out, if you could help me by hosting the web end of stuff and help me figure out if it is doable code-wise

• Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    Well, since work is not going to be forthcoming until after the holidays, I am left with copious amounts of free time on my hands and I'm going stir crazy. So if people need a partner/patsy to go over fluff and mechanics, drop me a line.

Otherwise, I'm going to continue working my latest labor of love, which I'm going to put in the Main list.

Sign me up to run Phoenix Wright: [Phalla] Attorney Hopefully, it shall be an appropriate tribute to my first experiences with online mafia.

Matev on
    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    Someone run a thing now. I missed out on signing up for other thing. But I want to play thing.
    MAKE!

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    Is anybody close to being able to run something?

If not, I have an idea I can put together in short order.

• Options
    We also have to worry about running into the holiday forums.

Steam
  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Is anybody close to being able to run something?

If not, I have an idea I can put together in short order.

I had a solid idea for a beginner mini that mostly needs dressing-up in fluff. You can probably get something in the air faster than I can but I'll claim next if so.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    There's also the Christmas mini which I think is going up around the 20th?

• Options
    Phyphor wrote: »
    There's also the Christmas mini which I think is going up around the 20th?

Yup. Probably Fridayish (Maybe Thurs for you Americans).

Who do I PM to get permission?

• Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    Oh, right, I should mention that yes, Phallaer's Dilemma has completed. So there is room for another game to run.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    BandwagonBandwagon Registered User regular
    Nobody currently in line for next phalla, so romanqwerty, you're set to put up your game at any time.

I should probably get around to cleaning up the signup list sometime, it's been neglected for far too long.

• Options
    LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    While brainstorming possible mechanics for a possible mini-phalla I want to run, I suddenly discovered a burning desire to run a phalla based on the classic Kari Wuhrer/Charlie O'Connell TV show Sliders.

However, game mechanics and balance are not my forte (I've always been more of a flavor/narrations person), so I was wondering if there was anyone who wanted to help me bring this game to life.

• Options
    Locus wrote: »
    While brainstorming possible mechanics for a possible mini-phalla I want to run, I suddenly discovered a burning desire to run a phalla based on the classic Kari Wuhrer/Charlie O'Connell TV show Sliders.

However, game mechanics and balance are not my forte (I've always been more of a flavor/narrations person), so I was wondering if there was anyone who wanted to help me bring this game to life.

That's Jerry O'Connell, unless you're mentioning his brother ironically. And everyone knows the only true classic member of that show is Cleavant Derricks, though John Rhys-Davies and Sabrina Lloyd are factors as well.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Options
    LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2013
    Someone didn't watch the last season.

Edit: And that someone is me, because I don't recognize any of the season five cast members. I was thinking of season four.

Edit 2: Alright, reading the Wikipedia summary has unlocked the portion of my brain that apparently blacked out the last season for my own good.

Locus on
  • Options
    Shh. Cleavant's finest hours, dude.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Options
    edited December 2013
    The Christmas Do-It-Yourself miniphalla has moved. Pack your swimmers, grab a stubby and join me for a shrimp or two on the barbie.

romanqwerty on
  • Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    Auralynx wrote: »

That's Jerry O'Connell, unless you're mentioning his brother ironically. And everyone knows the only true classic member of that show is Cleavant Derricks, though John Rhys-Davies and Sabrina Lloyd are factors as well.

Didn't his brother come in during later seasons or something? I mainly remember John Rhys Davies as the professor type.

• Options
    edited December 2013
    Egos wrote: »
    Auralynx wrote: »

Didn't his brother come in during later seasons or something? I mainly remember John Rhys Davies as the professor type.

Professor Arturo, yes. They phased out everyone but Rembrant Brown (Cleavant Derricks) and replaced them with Jerry's friends and relations (and Kari Wuhrer) over time.

I watched a lot of that show in high school, but given my recent experiences watching Farscape turn into a scenery-chewing contest in my rewatch, I'm loathe to go back to it in the streaming era.

Auralynx on
    kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Options
    Getting pretty close to finishing the mechanics for Phoenix Wright. Anyone want to give it a look, make sure I'm not going too crazy (Or crazy enough) with it?

Hail Hydra
  • Options
    InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    Matev wrote: »
    Getting pretty close to finishing the mechanics for Phoenix Wright. Anyone want to give it a look, make sure I'm not going too crazy (Or crazy enough) with it?

I would, but I kinda want to play it. : (

Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
  • Options
    Invictus wrote: »

I would, but I kinda want to play it. : (

I understand. Someone has been awesome enough to step forward. We salute you, anonymous critiquer!

Hail Hydra
  • Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular

You might want to check in with @MrBlarney , afterall he did Ace Attorney: Turnabout Phalla. He might have some good insights

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Also, @thetheroo

steam_sig.png