As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

MOTW 12/11/13: "...consider the matter settled."

SinogueSinogue Registered User regular
edited December 2013 in Graphic Violence
It's a little late in the week, but I hadn't seen one posted yet so I decided I'd get the ball rolling.

Lazarus #5, "No. We won."
Forever finds the craft that Jonah stole on the banks of a river separating Carlyle territory from that of another family. It appears he's crossed the river for safe haven after betraying Forever and the rest of the family.

lazarus5motw1.png

lazarus5motw2.png

lazarus5motw3.png

Wolverine and the X-Men #39, "Hello Logan."
Logan and Scott end up in the same S.H.I.E.L.D. base at the same time, entirely by coincidence! Hijinks ensue.

watx39motw1.png

watx39motw2.png

watx39motw3.png

I also really liked Manifest Destiny this week, but I couldn't find good scans and taking pictures of my physical copy from my phone was just not working out for me. Edit:
Page 4 was fun and page 8 was beautiful. I also had a heightened appreciation for the cover after reading the issue.

Sinogue on

• Options
    SinogueSinogue Registered User regular
    Man, no one else read any good comics this week?

• Options
    143999143999 Tellin' ya not askin' ya, not pleadin' with yaRegistered User regular
    I wonder if Cyclops (at least, the old, has-more-control-of-his-powers version) could use a wide-angle concussive blast as the tossing end of a fastball special.

8aVThp6.png
  • Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Don't have anything available to share right now for a MotW, except a scene from Superior Foes of Spider-Man #6.
    Wherein Boomerang regales the audience with how (he imagined) Doom commissioned a portrait of maskless Doom:

6iYQjl1.jpg

• Options
    manjimanji Registered User regular
    i got this and last weeks comics at once. from my stack i can tell you - dark cybertron is excellent, though having 5 or so artists every issue is kinda jarring. prophet remains amazing, although i am getting more and more confused as to what the hell is happening. and swamp thing continues to go from strength to strength post rotworld. its damn pretty too.

however using the scanner will wake my kids up, so you'll have to take my word for it all :<

bonus lurker points to @Sinogue for stepping up and making the thread

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Here's a great moment from Mighty Avengers #4
    Cage is setting up his new Avengers team in an old theater, figuring out how they're going to be organized and such.

N5kXTnn.png
    uFA819g.png

• Options
    Lostprophet8Lostprophet8 Registered User regular
    I want to read Mighty Avengers, but I have make a personal boycott on Greg Land. Even in those few panels, I can see faces I've seen dozens of times before.

• Options
    Yeah, he's still terrible. Issues 6-8 are going to be drawn by Valerio Schiti, though. I'm looking forward to that.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Ewing hits this sweet spot that a lot of writers fail to hit with dudes like Luke Cage where he has a distinct style of speech without seeming like he is trying way too hard to write "a black dude what like on the tv", which a lot of comic writers fuck up on real bad.

Jeff Parker and Bendis are also really good at this

Also RONIN SPOILERS
    Dude writes such a fuckin smarmy Blade I am in love.

"You dream of a coat this nasty" is beautiful.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    I think Jeff Parker wrote the best Luke Cage I've read so far.

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Those are some pretty big clues as to who Ronin is.

Also it always bugs me when they make Jessica Jones too pretty, but you know..Land.

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    Blade as Ronin in a big ass coat is a fuckin sweet style though

Big ole spoilers in here for Mighty Avengers

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Solar, spoilers. That is not common knowledge.

• Options
    edited December 2013
    @Solar! Spoilers!

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Aw dangit!

Solar you big dummy

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    143999143999 Tellin' ya not askin' ya, not pleadin' with yaRegistered User regular
    Someone please tell me that there are vampires in Attilan and that Blade is breaking into the Moon to fight space vampires.

8aVThp6.png
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    143999 wrote: »
    Someone please tell me that there are vampires in Attilan and that Blade is breaking into the Moon to fight space vampires.
    Uh, spoilers for Infinity
    Attilan crashed into the water outside of New York; it's hasn't been on the moon for awhile now.

• Options
    143999 wrote: »
    Uh, spoilers for Infinity
    Attilan crashed into the water outside of New York; it's hasn't been on the moon for awhile now.

Well, crap. I take back my totally awesome idea, then.
    Unless they're like space vampire invaders from beyond the stars, crawling forth from the exposed sewers of Attilan like inhuman Inhuman C.H.U.D.s.

Hey, I bet vampires fucking piss Thanos off.

8aVThp6.png