As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAACBT:R2, New List in OP

• Options
    multimoogmultimoog Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Ape2001 wrote:
    children are scary °_°

That's what they WANT you to think, and that's how they get ya. Don't believe the stereotype, man.

multimoog on
  • Options
    The One Dark KnightThe One Dark Knight Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Duh duh!

And for my first post here, I shall enter this tournament.

My entry: Sin

sin.gif

mugshot.gif

Name: Sin
    Likes: Chaos (in it's purest forms), earl gray, tasteful piano music, the bittersweet taste of the legion of tortured souls of the unforgiven.
    Dislikes: Silver and iron. Salt thrown in a ring. Holy symbols. Most of the old superstitions (of many religions) about demons are true.

Sin is a demon and duchess of the 96th minor hell, fifth ring. She has been bound into a more manageable form by the hundreds of belts and various restrains that swathe her body. She has been sent to the tournament to capture the power of the contestants by her master the Lord of the Fifth Hell, Ba'alzamon, who has hidden the key that will unlock her bindings inside the mind of one of the contestants.

She also enjoys cats, tea parties, and the color black.

Sin wears a mask made of porcelain, however, it's indestructible to a large extent, except for direct contact with holy symbols of most religions.

Reference:

sincharactersx1.gif

I'm going to update the portrait ASAP :).

The One Dark Knight on
    [END]
  • Options
    Kuro HouKuro Hou Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    You all don't know what you're getting yourselves into, PennyWise is gonna own.

penny.jpg

You know, I thought her outfit was always red. Now I see, that it was an off white dress stained with the blood of all who have fallen before her.

Kuro Hou on
    "For a man who looks like a garden gnome, you sure have a lot of demands."

I dare you to make less sense.
  • Options
    Ape2001Ape2001 Otaku GermanyRegistered User regular
    edited September 2006
    multimoog wrote:
    Ape2001 wrote:
    children are scary °_°

That's what they WANT you to think, and that's how they get ya. Don't believe the stereotype, man.

Hmm, maybe you're right :?

But I'm still allowed to be afraid of puppets, am I ^^?

Ape2001 on
    - SF42012 Gen replays and anime trailers http://www.youtube.com/user/derBene
    - great animation focused website http://www.catsuka.com
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    Ape2001 wrote:
    But I'm still allowed to be afraid of puppets, am I ^^?

I'm sorry, but no. Puppets are awesome.

anthhipster9948.jpg

You can be afraid of clowns, though. Does that work for you?

multimoog on
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    :? joey.jpg

But clowns do it, too, thanks to Stephen King.

Ape2001 on
  • Options
    PeterAndCompanyPeterAndCompany Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    jpmainshot.jpg
    jpmugshot.jpg

Name: Jon Ponikvar, a.k.a "Peter", a.k.a. "That Fucking Furry"
    Dislikes: Elitist bastards.... and fucking furries.

Jon's creation, Lily the Panda, hasn't been seen since the last tournament when she mysteriously disappeared during a trip through space and time with Spectre_X. In an effort to find out what happened to her, Jon has entered himself into the tournament to follow her footprints, and hopefully rescue her from whatever fate she has suffered. An entire arsenal of furry characters are at his disposal... and if anyone has a problem with that, you can kiss his hastily-drawn cartoon ass.

And just because I felt like wreaking some havoc this tournament... :twisted:

prelimcomic01.jpg
    prelimcomic02.jpg

PeterAndCompany on
  • Options
    RubberACRubberAC Sidney BC!Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Oh man, i love that 'I THINK EVERYTHING YOU DO SUCKS!' It's funny 'cause it's pretty much true.

RubberAC on
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    RubberAC wrote:
    Oh man, i love that 'I THINK EVERYTHING YOU DO SUCKS!' It's funny 'cause it's pretty much true.

Awww, you're sweet. :)

[spoiler:f7e47796e2]Bastard. lol[/spoiler:f7e47796e2]

PeterAndCompany on
  • Options
    GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Every tournament seems to have it's wild card. To be honest, i'm still waiting out on that one.

The last one had Sgt Grumbles character Bread in Boxers (His queen antics were the best part of the tournament in my opinion), so i'm really hoping we'll have that same level of creativity in this one.

Can't wait to watch the outcome.

Godfather on
  • Options
    MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited September 2006
    multimoog wrote:

You n' me. Penny VS. Tanzt. At some point in this thing, we's gonna throw down.

It shall be a thing of beauty.

It will be glorious!
    Kuro Hou wrote:
    You know, I thought her outfit was always red. Now I see, that it was an off white dress stained with the blood of all who have fallen before her.

It is red, sometimes through an incredible brainfrat I wash out my colors so as to confuse everyone.

I think I'm gonna give her back that jacket she had before, the design looks empty without it.

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    PiousPious Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Um..I am new at this battle thread and I still don't know something. How do you know who your battling and when your battling?

Pious on
    Untitled_1_4.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    The pair-ups will be announced later. These are just the character submissions right now (I did the "elimination round" comic since people had mentioned the idea, and I felt inspired).

PeterAndCompany on
  • Options
    CamCam Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    I'm interested.

Cam on
  • Options
    The CelestialThe Celestial Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Cam wrote:
    I'm interested.
    OR ARE YOU?!

The Celestial on
    celbmb8.png
  • Options
    CamCam Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    I... Hope I am?

Cam on
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    The bag of ice rocked!

Also, the Battle thread got deleted before I could back up all the entries... did anyone copy them?

Celest?

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    That's a good question. I talked to Alpha before PAX to see if he could back up the entire sub-forum into a offline, downloadable version. He said no problem, but wait until after PAX. I sent him a reminder but never got a reply.

Whippy said he was going to delete the whole thing, and I sent him a PM saying to hold up and gave him the lowdown to include the fact that another tourney was in the works, but he never replied.

I was going to do what Toji suggested and publish the whole thing in a nicely organized hardcover. I even talked to Khoo about to make sure it was alright, what with using the Penny-Arcade name and all. He said I could either do it for no royalties, or with royalties but they all went to Child's Play. I was going to do the second option and I have a good chunk of the book finished, but, uh...yea. It's gonna be hard to finish without half the material needed.

The Celestial on
    celbmb8.png
  • Options
    M2tMM2tM Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Money also going to the artists who participated I would hope.

M2tM on
    "We can be richer than industry as long as we know that there are things that we don't really need." -Willy Mason
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    M2tM wrote:
    Money also going to the artists who participated I would hope.

::snort:: Riiiiiiiiiiiiight.

PeterAndCompany on
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    If someone wanted a measly cut of money intended to go to children with life-threatening conditions, I would just cut them out completely.

The Celestial on
    celbmb8.png
  • Options
    GreatnationGreatnation Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    ha! I was over at the TSO forumns for like a day a long time ago to see where the hell everyone went and read MegamuX's long winded posts about hating Peter- a match between them two would be glorious.

Greatnation on
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    I don't know if this tournament could handle the unbridled wrath that would inevitably come from such a match-up (and I mean from HIS end, I still don't have a problem with MegaMau, aside from his insane amount of hatred towards me). The only reason I did the comic up there was to show that I still have a sense of humor about the whole situation that went down at TSO.

In the end, though, getting torn to shreds over at TSO really gave me a thicker skin when it comes to people saying negative things about my work. So I guess it was a good thing overall. I used to think that every negative critique meant something needed to be fixed, even if I didn't agree with it... like I needed EVERYone to approve of my work... now I just draw what I love. It's cool when people like it, but when they don't... oh well!

I'm still hoping I have enough free time to participate in the tournament at all, let alone long enough to be paired up against Mega... so we'll see.

PeterAndCompany on
  • Options
    Funky PhantomFunky Phantom Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    I am interested in participating please choose me!

Funky Phantom on
    Steven Hawkings is the kung-fu MASTAH!
    OPtimuspez.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2006

Show us your battle character.

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    Pinky_PowersPinky_Powers Registered User regular
    edited September 2006

Show us your battle character.

And fifty dollars cash. Every body else payed.

Pinky_Powers on
    -~ÿ~-Pinky-~ÿ~-
    Beer is the perfect lubricant for twisted and vile animal gibberish. I use it myself when the times are ripe and my need great.
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    multimoog wrote:

You n' me. Penny VS. Tanzt. At some point in this thing, we's gonna throw down.

It shall be a thing of beauty.

It will be glorious!

goindown.gif

As you can see, her use of the popular "thumbs down" gesture indicates that she does not hold high hopes for her fellow competitors.

Fuck, I should have kept more of the construction lines in, to make it look artistic. I'll go back and add some.

multimoog on
  • Options
    M2tMM2tM Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    If someone wanted a measly cut of money intended to go to children with life-threatening conditions, I would just cut them out completely.

Well, if you're selling a book of everyone's art for real money I was assuming that after the royalties going to childsplay were done you'd probably still have money left over. If you propose you are going to donate all of the profits to charity I was not aware. :?

I have nothing against charity projects especially in this case because this is meant to be a fun activity and not a money generating one and so if you can generate money for charity out of a fun little forum game that's awesome. I wasn't trying to sound like a greedy gobbler. :o

M2tM on
    "We can be richer than industry as long as we know that there are things that we don't really need." -Willy Mason
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    Let's whack the dead in a sporty way

090628zombies.jpg

So, I think I can handle some limping guys.

Ape2001 on
  • Options
    Panda KhanPanda Khan Registered User new member
    edited September 2006
    I was going to wait to post this when I finished the 100 zombie thing, but it looks like it might be a little while longer for that, so...

Meet Oakley!
    satyr-1.png

Oakley is one of the few satyrs left, and the only one not interested in getting down with little boys. He has abnormally large hands (used for grabbing large things), a pan pipe (used to call his woodland and mythological friends in a Aquaman-esque manner), and other satyr qualities.

face.png
    He also comes with the ability to rawk your sawks off.

Panda Khan on
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    Hm, looks pretty cool ^^ *cough*Pan'sLabyrinth?*cough*

Ape2001 on
  • Options
    Panda KhanPanda Khan Registered User new member
    edited September 2006
    Yup, Pan is a satyr, so is my guy. I've got a vest and a cool scarf though.

Panda Khan on
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    Could we have Celebrity Battlers? Like Paris Hilton!

paris_hilton.jpg

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    Wait a fucking moment, is it official that we are doing the 100 zombie Noob culling, or are some people here just jumping the gun for the fun of it? I ask because I must have missed Celestial’s announcement.

Pinky_Powers on
    -~ÿ~-Pinky-~ÿ~-
    Beer is the perfect lubricant for twisted and vile animal gibberish. I use it myself when the times are ripe and my need great.
  • Options
    ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    edited September 2006
    I think people are just jumpin the gun

Prospicience on
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    Wait a fucking moment, is it official that we are doing the 100 zombie Noob culling, or are some people here just jumping the gun for the fun of it? I ask because I must have missed Celestial’s announcement.
    [overlord]
    I enjoy reading your puny posts with your puny opinions, but what it comes down to is that you puny fools all put your puny lives into my puny hands when you signed up, so I will take care of the puny culling in my own puny way.

Puny.
    [/overlord]

The Celestial on
    celbmb8.png
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    Might wanna update that sig, Celest.

PeterAndCompany on
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    [overlord]
    I enjoy reading your puny posts with your puny opinions, but what it comes down to is that you puny fools all put your puny lives into my puny hands when you signed up, so I will take care of the puny culling in my own puny way.

Puny.
    [/overlord]

LOL, yes, I thought this was your stance. :^:

Pinky_Powers on
    -~ÿ~-Pinky-~ÿ~-
  • Options
    MossMoss Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Sorry about the rushed sketch, but here's my character.

btentry.jpg

It's me. I like to kick people in the crotch hilariously.

Moss on
  • Options
    The One Dark KnightThe One Dark Knight Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    A lot of 'me' characters, so it seems.

Actually, come to think of it, I look exactly like my avatar. Creepy mask and all.

The One Dark Knight on
    [END]
This discussion has been closed.