As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

RIP Peter O'Toole [chat]

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    Elki wrote: »
    Hey Bogart, want to edit a thing for me?

*narrows eyes*

Is it a 7000 page piece of fan fiction about two animu characters meeting Han Solo? If not, then sure.

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Bogart wrote: »
    Elki wrote: »
    Hey Bogart, want to edit a thing for me?

*narrows eyes*

Is it a 7000 page piece of fan fiction about two animu characters meeting Han Solo? If not, then sure.

This'd better be slash.

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    Huh. 80s/90s/DisneyPop fusion music?

it's almost a guilty pleasure because of how perfectly pop crafted this album is, but then i'm like, no, i refuse to be ashamed

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    jakobagger wrote: »
    Don't you get a note telling you to pick it up and when you can expect to be able to do that?

I did. It said, to be honest, leave 48 hours between this note and picking it up. I didn't think it seriously meant 48 hours, because the sorting office is about two minutes from my house and how hard can it be to unload a van and put a thing on a shelf?

Quite hard, apparently.

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    edited December 2013
    Winky wrote: »
    Frosteey wrote: »
    Winky wrote: »
    Gundam Build Fighters (currently running) (youtube)

I am 5 minutes into this and it is blatantly obvious that this is less a show and more of an extended toy commercial.

It's pretty much just a show that you would watch if you want to see giant robot fights. Which from all accounts, are pretty well done compared to the vast majority of recent giant robot shows, but there's probably not a whole lot more to it besides a bunch of Gundam references.

Not gonna lie, I'm actually getting into it a little bit. Particularly if they continue showing Gundams from my childhood.

yeah they show Gundam's from all over the history of the series.

It may just be a marketing ploy but the fights are legit.

bloodyroarxx on
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    If I drink more wine I'm sure I'll figure it out!

i took tomorrow off so... leftover captains? don't mind if i do at 4 am

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    It's certainly not generic Hollywood rap. Last one really just sounded like a modified Beatnik poem to me.

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Hahahaha omg Wikipedia informs me
    Many fans distinguish female-focused slash as a separate genre, commonly referred to as femslash (also known as "f/f slash", "femmeslash", "altfic" and "saffic").

"Saffic" is possibly the best portmanteau to ever exist anywhere, ever.

@Elldren you might appreciate it, if you haven't seen it before.

Language.

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    @winky watch Moribito: Guardian of the Spirit. It is a serious drama with sharply-written characters and a gentle, literary pace.

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    I started watching The Bridge (Broen/Bron) last night. I think I'm missing out on lots of language jokes.

Does the Danish guy speak Swedish in a weird accent or is it just a case that they can understand one another if they speak their native language slowly? Also, why do Danish people only eat bread rolls? And why are Swedes so excited to receive them?

Forgot to @ the relevant members of Team Scandanavia

@Jakobagger
    @Echo
    @Honk

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    Jake. I'm real confused right now. So you did that at least.

what did i do, due

do, due

doo doo

I can't tell if chance the rapper is good music. Or just a nice creative change.

i would say, give the album one solid listen, all the way through. no distractions. or like, during a drive somewhere. i'd like to think its good music, but i think it's definitely at least a change creatively from most rap music, without being super corny. i find it really hard to pick out songs to show people because i honestly like all of them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Av8sn7BXLxE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqjxjMcLK9U

I must admit that I am liking this music quite a bit.

• Options
    @Elki in case you miss my earlier post, sure, I will edit your 'thing'. Edit so good, baby.

• Options
    HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    Mornin' [chat] - how goes your daily toil, fellow wage slaves?

sig.gif
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    i feel like there's a better name out there than diversity lounge, for two creative types like gabe and tycho

For Chrissakes Get Off Our Jocks Room

Gay Girl Gamer Garage

Difference Enclosure

Anti-FightingGame Club

Config.cis Editors Corner

Diversity Lounge

spool32 on
  • Options
    I really liked the first series of The Bridge. It's fun spotting the eight actors in the whole of Scandinavia as they rotate in and out of The Killing, The Bridge, Borgen, etc. And a new series is on BBC4 soon.

• Options
    Hmm, nope, that was the best name on the list.

• Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited December 2013

it's almost a guilty pleasure because of how perfectly pop crafted this album is, but then i'm like, no, i refuse to be ashamed

I kind of have a hard time dealing with carefully-crafted art.

Can't enjoy Lady Gaga even when I try.

But this is kind of a thing of mine that makes me a buzz kill. :P

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    Neco wrote: »

well the whole mixtape is free! you should download it, listen to it, and tell all your friends to listen to it too!

i figure telling people to do that as well is about as much as i can do to repay him for the free album

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    hmm I wonder what chat is up to

anime, phantom penises, and slash fiction

damnit people why you always talking about my favorite things when I'm not around

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    i feel like there's a better name out there than diversity lounge, for two creative types like gabe and tycho

For Chrissakes Get Off Our Jocks Room

Gay Girl Gamer Garage

Difference Enclosure

Anti-FGC Club

Config.cis Editors Corner

Diversity Lounge

The Hall of Social Justice

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    The best game on the list was clearly Gay Girl Gamer Garage, as alliteration improves everything.

Also cuz it wasn't crossed off when I saw it.

• Options
    jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    I started watching The Bridge (Broen/Bron) last night. I think I'm missing out on lots of language jokes.

Does the Danish guy speak Swedish in a weird accent or is it just a case that they can understand one another if they speak their native language slowly? Also, why do Danish people only eat bread rolls? And why are Swedes so excited to receive them?

The Scandinavian languages are mostly mutually intelligible if spoken slowly and clearly, yes. By some definitions they're dialects, especially the old dialect of Norwegian is ridiculously close to Danish. Especially in writing.

They might be slowly drifting apart, maybe. Young people suck at it, everyone sucks at understanding Danish and Danes suck at understanding anything that isn't our own slurred insanity of a language parody (that I still, personally, find beautiful, please don't hurt me secret language police).

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    I really liked the first series of The Bridge. It's fun spotting the eight actors in the whole of Scandinavia as they rotate in and out of The Killing, The Bridge, Borgen, etc. And a new series is on BBC4 soon.

It's very silly. I really liked The Killing though. Or possibly I just found Lund very attractive and enjoyed shouting "Troels!" at the TV. We still shout "Troels!" at the TV sometimes even when he's not there. Needless to say we're looking forward to the new Sherlock.

• Options
    I am proud of 'config.cis'

That is my contribution to comedy for the evening.

Good night! Try the veal.

• Options
    Ok it's like four AM Shiv Circadian Time, so I'd better go to bed, or at least try to. Play nice everyone.
    Saffic.

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    Neco wrote: »

well the whole mixtape is free! you should download it, listen to it, and tell all your friends to listen to it too!

i figure telling people to do that as well is about as much as i can do to repay him for the free album

I will give it a more proper listen tomorrow. It does sound good though! I have been in a bit of a rut musically for a few months, so it is nice to hear something new that I like.

• Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    My dog seized my pillow for himself.

Essentially, http://www.whompcomic.com/2013/05/29/cat-man-dont/

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    @kANA did you read that story I linked you?

• Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    HerrCron wrote: »
    Mornin' [chat] - how goes your daily toil, fellow wage slaves?

LESS TALK

MORE TOIL

• Options
    I seem to have been given a four cd compilation of 100 Essential New Romantic tracks by my sister in law, apropos of nothing. I think they're stretching the definition somewhat to fill out the listing. Paul Hardastle's 19 surely does not count. I think the criteria might just be 'stuff from the eighties'.

• Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    I think it's nice that they're gonna make space for all the fake gamers.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options

The Scandinavian languages are mostly mutually intelligible if spoken slowly and clearly, yes. By some definitions they're dialects, especially the old dialect of Norwegian is ridiculously close to Danish. Especially in writing.

They might be slowly drifting apart, maybe. Young people suck at it, everyone sucks at understanding Danish and Danes suck at understanding anything that isn't our own slurred insanity of a language parody (that I still, personally, find beautiful, please don't hurt me secret language police).

From a perspective of somebody who understands only a single word of Danish, I find it sounds much nicer than Swedish on the whole (when somebody says enough to let me work out which language is being spoken).

Thanks for the info though, trying to subtitle something in two spoken languages with lots of references to these languages - Like how Rohde sounds like the Swedish for "fur" or something - is a really interesting problem.

• Options
    Huh, story? I don't think I got a story from you?

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    Don't you get a note telling you to pick it up and when you can expect to be able to do that?

I did. It said, to be honest, leave 48 hours between this note and picking it up. I didn't think it seriously meant 48 hours, because the sorting office is about two minutes from my house and how hard can it be to unload a van and put a thing on a shelf?

Quite hard, apparently.

The thing is, a huge system like the postal system can't really be set up to take individual edge cases into account - probably all undelivered mail just goes back to the delivery central when the van returns, and is then returned (for letters with the wrong address etc) or re-distributed for pick-up at all the various small post offices.

At least that's how my job worked that I recently quit to go live off the government because getting up at 6 am on Saturdays is bullshit.

• Options

I kind of have a hard time dealing with carefully-crafted art.

Can't enjoy Lady Gaga even when I try.

But this is kind of a thing of mine that makes me a buzz kill. :P

then hmmmm

speaking of french canadian, sounds sort of off kilter female vocals in pop-ish music...

have you listened to grimes?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKyNGSPX_8g

i still get goosebumps when i listen to this album but that might be just cuz i have a weird pseudo crush on claire boucher

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options

More like the 8 actors in Denmark.

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I'm watching I, Claudius, and it is top quality.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Jakobagger you are right but they are keeping a present from me.

• Options
    Jakobagger you are right but they are keeping a present from me.
    Set fire to one of their delivery vans. Let them know you are displeased.

• Options
    @winky what animes do you already like?

...actually nvm, just go watch Uchouten Kazoku

that series is wonderful

This discussion has been closed.