As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

RIP Peter O'Toole [chat]

19495969798100»

• Options
    jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    Alright, fuck this, time to eat some Ris a la Mande (such decadent) for breakfast before I continue (or uh, start...)

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Here's a nice Gibson interview.
    Gibson’s quietly profound and humble musings hit overdrive when I start the next set of questions. In one passage in Zero History, Milgrim reflects on the nature of addiction and the “gradual dire alchemy” that causes it to start making crucial life decisions for you. I ask Gibson whether he thinks technology could be considered addictive.

“I don’t think I would say that myself because to imply that technology is addictive is to imply that technology is a pathological entity. […] Technologies are us. We were the only species, that we know of, that evolved in such a way that it began to create prosthetic forms of human memory that could survive the death of the person who encrypted the information.” Gibson takes a more biological view of technology, that we have always been augmenting our reality in order to make the environment suit our needs.

“I don’t see any point where […] we doomed ourselves to some sort of endless addictive pathology of technology. I think the Ipad descends directly from the Acheulean hand axe, where if we hadn’t gotten that hand axe we would still be sitting in the trees eating bananas,” he explains. “Technology seems, to me, to be in our nature.”

• Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    apparently im in a bad mood today

its one of those days where everything is getting on my nerves

• Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    Pretty sure my store manager was annoyed with me yesterday. I know he wanted me to do something else but frankly he was going to get an earful out of me if he complained. I came in Monday to a fish tank full of dead fish and unclean tanks because I have two daytime associates and one was off during the weekend and there was some issue that lead to my other associate not to work. Without those two associates or me no one else bothers to care for the fish or even feed them which leads to cannibalism in the tanks and clogged filters of dead fish.

I really REALLY wish Walmart would let me get rid of the aquarium it is not the place up to the quality of care and maintenance required to ethically handle living things but they won't so I have to do the best I can even with what little knowledge of aquarium handling I have.

Anyway. /venting

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    of course it could be that i'm actually being entirely reasonable and everyone else here is just really annoying

i'm not discounting that possibility

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Weather is bleah outside.

Hope my work laptop has its shiny new Windows 7 OS today.

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
  • Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    This thread is no longer active, and will be recycled.
    @Echo will create the new thread
    @Elendil is backup

This discussion has been closed.