As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Diplomacy - Franco-German Tie

• Options
    nindustrialnindustrial Word Typer Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Allon wrote:
    Is the map on the first page the most recent?

Indeed it is.

nindustrial on
    chstreamsig.jpg
  • Options
    KusuguttaiKusuguttai __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2006
    je suis napoleon

Kusuguttai on
  • Options
    Kane Red RobeKane Red Robe Master of Magic ArcanusRegistered User regular
    edited September 2006
    I am, uneasy, about the outcome of the next few turns.

Kane Red Robe on
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    is it because of my 'je suis napoleon' comment
    because shoot
    i aint gonna attack no russia in no winter man no way

Kusuguttai on
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    You're heading the wrong direction for that anyways. But no, it's just a general sense of unease, I can't pin it down, but when something bad happens to me in the next few turns I'll point to that post and go, "See! I saw it coming! Subconsciously which didn't help at all."

Kane Red Robe on
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    You're heading the wrong direction for that anyways.
    that is what i want you to think

p.s. i will be there in spring do you like wine for i will be making wine of your soldiers jellied remains

[spoiler:29c3303977]not really[/spoiler:29c3303977]

Kusuguttai on
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    You're heading the wrong direction for that anyways. But no, it's just a general sense of unease, I can't pin it down, but when something bad happens to me in the next few turns I'll point to that post and go, "See! I saw it coming! Subconsciously which didn't help at all."

A little paranoia is healthy, as long as it informs your strategy well, haha.

nindustrial on
    chstreamsig.jpg
  • Options
    zenpotatozenpotato Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Are you guys using RealPolitik for judging? It's a great tool for planning moves and wargaming while making plans.

zenpotato on
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    zenpotato wrote:
    Are you guys using RealPolitik for judging? It's a great tool for planning moves and wargaming while making plans.

I've been using the jDip program suggested on page 1 for my planning as well as tracking all the turns for statistics purposes. Is RealPolitik better? Link, perhaps?

nindustrial on
    chstreamsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    Huh, apparently England switched monarchs in 1901. All hail King Edward VII.

I went ahead and sent in my orders, since I don't think anything will be changing regardless of other schemings people might suggest to me.

Kane Red Robe on
  • Options
    NeadenNeaden Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Kusugattai wrote:
    You're heading the wrong direction for that anyways.
    that is what i want you to think

p.s. i will be there in spring do you like wine for i will be making wine of your soldiers jellied remains

[spoiler:b936bdab89]not really[/spoiler:b936bdab89]
    He's not even Russia, I am. 'Sides, if you wanted to get to me you'd have to conquer quite a few other people first.

Neaden on
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    i know
    french hate english duhrhrhrhrhr
    did they not teach you that in your ice schools made of vodka

Kusuguttai on
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    ummmm....ok. Well My move is in as well, lets hope we can get a bit more of that good old ultraviolence going on this time!

Neaden on
  • Options
    zenpotatozenpotato Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    zenpotato wrote:

I've been using the jDip program suggested on page 1 for my planning as well as tracking all the turns for statistics purposes. Is RealPolitik better? Link, perhaps?

http://realpolitik.sourceforge.net/

King of all Diplomacy programs.

PS--Are you guys eating paint chips? That's the strangest Spring 1901 I've ever seen. It's like some of those moves were done entirely on accident. :)

zenpotato on
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    zenpotato wrote:
    zenpotato wrote:

PS--Are you guys eating paint chips? That's the strangest Spring 1901 I've ever seen. It's like some of those moves were done entirely on accident. :)
    Seriously, they threw me all out of whack.

Kane Red Robe on
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    zenpotato wrote:
    zenpotato wrote:

I do think I see what you're saying, heh, but I think you also must remember that none of the people involved have every played before. As a result, I think seeing some uncoventional openings is par for the course.

EDIT: Also, just out of curiosity zenpotato, have you used jDip? And if so, what, in your opinion, makes Realpolitik superior?

nindustrial on
    chstreamsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    I ASKED YOU A QUESTION RUSSIA

Kusuguttai on
  • Options
    Aroused BullAroused Bull Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    I'm just waiting on one person for orders, and then we can move into the very exciting army building phase.

Aroused Bull on
  • Options
    SageinaRageSageinaRage Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    My orders were sent in. The Italian Military-Industrial complex grinds ever onward, towards its grisly inevitable conclusion!

...not that any of you know that.

SageinaRage on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    My orders were sent in. The Italian Military-Industrial complex grinds ever onward, towards its grisly inevitable conclusion!

Hahaha, "grisly ievitable conclusion" makes it sound like you're about to self-destruct in a giant explosion of bones and flesh.

EDIT: And uh, yeah, my orders are in too

nindustrial on
    chstreamsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    I'll need you all to email me what and where you want to build.

nindustrial, I've handled your unit's retreat because there was only one possible location for it to retreat to. If there are ever multiple options, I will email the player involved for instructions.

Aroused Bull on
  • Options
    edited September 2006

Hahaha, "grisly ievitable conclusion" makes it sound like you're about to self-destruct in a giant explosion of bones and flesh.

With my skill? It just might be. I may not know who, but I know that it will end in giant explosions of bones and flesh.

SageinaRage on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    NutrimentiaNutrimentia Registered User new member
    edited September 2006

nindustrial, I've handled your unit's retreat because there was only one possible location for it to retreat to. If there are ever multiple options, I will email the player involved for instructions.

You might not want to do this since every time a unit is dislodged, the owner has the option of disbanding it instead of retreating it.

Nutrimentia on
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    Well I'm disgruntled.

Kane Red Robe on
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    You might not want to do this since every time a unit is dislodged, the owner has the option of disbanding it instead of retreating it.

I know, but there was absolutely no question in this instance of his wanting to disband the army.

If France and Russia send me their builds before the deadline, we won't have to waste a turn on builds or have a shorter than normal Spring.

Aroused Bull on
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    Gentleman, I wish to warn you of a traitor in our midst. A thug who seeks to play us against eachother. I am speaking of couse, of the Turks. I formed an alliance with these heathens against Austria. It was a mutual agreement, that I thought benefited us both. Imagine my distres, then, when I recieved a corespondance from an anonymous third party that he had recieved a message from the turks. That this message revealed some of the plans I had foolishly confided in him, and in turn, this message offered his assistance in my downfall. Then this spring, I recieved word from him. To make it look like we were fighting, he wanted to attack one of my armies and seize Rumania. I was shocked that his betrayl was coming so soon! I contaced the Austrians then, and told them everything I knew. The turks had been making promises to him to, but mine were so much more trustworthy. This Spring the combined might of Austria and Russia took Bulgaria back from the Turks and held against their foolish attacks. He sought to betray us both in one turn, taking the Balklans for himself! Well we are not the fools we thought he was!

Neaden on
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    Ah ha! A likely story from the initiator of agression. While I admit our plans with the Russians were to make it look as though Rumania was being fought over, I must remind the world stage of two things:

1. A well-placed piece of misinformation regarding an allies' plans does exactly what we have seen happen here today: namely, the turning of one against the other - Russia upon Turkey by a frightened Austria in a fragile position.

2. Let it be remembered that, while claims can be made of my supposed duplicity, the Turks were the ones explicitly lied to within the first two turns and unceremoniously attacked. Austria attempted to gain my support into Rumania while Russia claimed to allow me to have it in order to put on a ruse. What is the difference here if I was deceiving Austria? The difference is that I never made a statement of alliance with Austria while Russia and I had made an agreement of intentions that was never acted against by my nation.

I am truly saddened by all of these events, yet ultimately hold no hard feelings against either country - they did what they believed needed to be done.

nindustrial on
    chstreamsig.jpg
  • Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    The difference is that I never made a statement of alliance with Austria
    Lies.

The Turkish are not to be trusted.

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    Senjutsu wrote:
    The difference is that I never made a statement of alliance with Austria
    Lies.

The Turkish are not to be trusted.

Well I do apologize if our discussion concerning the Balkans implied some form of alliance, but more than likely this was your plan all along. I commend you and your golden tongue on such a positive turn of events for your nation. However, Turkey will be a harder nut for you to crack than you think my friend.

nindustrial on
    chstreamsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    You guys need to hurry up and get your build orders in, for serious.

Kane Red Robe on
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    You guys need to hurry up and get your build orders in, for serious.
    Mine are in.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    As are mine. At this point, I have to say that if the last builds don't get turned in until this evening, we shouldn't stick to the next turn deadline of tomorrow morning, only because I have to work from 6:30 to like 11:00 tonight, leaving me at kind of a disadvantage with far less than the 24 hrs...

Now, if you guys wanted to stick to that deadline anyway, I could deal with it, but that's just my 2 cents.

nindustrial on
    chstreamsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    I sent my builds in last night.

SageinaRage on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    As are mine. At this point, I have to say that if the last builds don't get turned in until this evening, we shouldn't stick to the next turn deadline of tomorrow morning, only because I have to work from 6:30 to like 11:00 tonight, leaving me at kind of a disadvantage with far less than the 24 hrs...

Now, if you guys wanted to stick to that deadline anyway, I could deal with it, but that's just my 2 cents.
    At this point, I say the only way we stick with that deadline is if everyone gets their turns in by then, and otherwise, we extend it.

It'd only be 12 hours (assuming it got turned in now), which wouldn't be fair.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    Sorry guys, meant to send in the orders during lunch but ended up having to do some work and didn't get back to my computer. I'll send in my orders in just a second.

Neaden on
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    I couldnt see the map so i am looking at the situation right now

Kusuguttai on
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    The main map has been updated with your new units. Since there are only eleven hours left in this day, the deadline will extend for an extra 24.

Aroused Bull on
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2006
    England is going to get ganked.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    Dynagrip wrote:
    England is going to get ganked.
    I am, uneasy, about the outcome of the next few turns.

See? See!?

Kane Red Robe on
  • Options
    PkmoutlPkmoutl Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Man oh man oh man

This is getting good.

Oh, and thanks for the link to the program, Tor Got. It kicks mucho ass.

Oh man oh man oh man.

Pkmoutl on