As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[NHL] Thread; Oilers Win Draft Lottery

• Options
    KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    Le_Goat wrote: »
    Well fuck... Luango played damn well tonight.

I've entered an alternate dimension.

Ok who fucked up the timeline.

• Options
    Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular
    Attempting to hack into Vancouver power grid and shut it all down. 9 more minutes of misery? Negative, ghost rider: the pattern is full.

While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.
  • Options
    MatriasMatrias Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    Damn this sucks. Down 1-4 with 18 minutes left in the game. No way they can win... Wait, let me check up on the definition up top... Ah ha! Leaf it up, Vancouver! Come on!
    That only works when you're losing against pretenders. Leafs wouldn't even be in the playoffs over an 84 game balance.

I was at that game, sitting eight rows up from Rask when he let that in. It was lovely, with me and my brother. Intense energy and a ton of fun. A Bruins fan got tossed for picking fights after the 5th goal, and our section next to us serenaded him out with 'Goodbye!'

I also sitting next to a little girl who claimed to be Claude Julien's second-cousin. She was a total sweetheart. "Number 33 for Boston is soooo tall! He's taller than me on my mom's shoulders, because my mom is taller than my dad."

Matrias on
    3DS/Pokemon Friend Code - 2122-5878-9273 - Kyle
  • Options
    Wow, so uh... I guess Lucic didn't exactly have a nice homecoming, huh?

• Options
    shwaipshwaip Registered User regular
    And it looks like Thornton is appealing his suspension!

• Options
    JayrichoJayricho Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular

If I was a professional athlete, I think I'd just stay away from bars altogether.

• Options
    Vancouver puts all it's night life on the same one street, too. Combine that Lucic's vancity entourage has a rep for being meat heads (lol one of them took to twitter & started threatening Province writers reporting the story yesterday), and you have a Recipe for disaster. Sucks shit like this keeps happening to him at home though.

I wonder if Marchand has any self-awareness what constantly stirring up bad final mojo with his trolling means for his teammate's homecomings. Probably not.

• Options
    Matrias wrote: »
    I wonder if Marchand has any self-awareness what constantly stirring up bad final mojo with his trolling means for his teammate's homecomings. Probably not.
    Yeah, I wasn't exactly pleased with what he was doing. I'm not a fan of stuff like that, except when Ference gave Montreal the finger, but apparently that was a "wardrobe malfunction"

• Options
    edited December 2013
    hahah. rumour going around the guy who hit Lucic has history with him and had zero to do with hockey. Lucic pressing charges make a little more sense than if it was versus a random drunkie.

edit:
    http://blogs.theprovince.com/2013/12/17/hat-trick-lucic-coverage-gets-hysterical-canucks-bruins-is-not-a-war/
    My inbox has been streaming since Sunday with people claiming they were either in the area when the Lucic situation unravelled just before 4 am or know someone who was.

They don’t want to be quoted with the threat of a lawsuit, but there are some consistencies in the stories.

One being the fight wasn’t about bitter memories from 2011.

The attacker allegedly approached Lucic with some sort of olive branch, was rebuffed (which is absolutely Lucic’s right).

It was getting blown off which allegedly made the attacker snap.

Matrias on
  • Options
    tinwhiskerstinwhiskers Registered User regular
    I watch most of the hawks games I see on the game center app for ps3, and I've noticed that the games look worse when they are at worse / small market teams. I think it was like this when I had center ice too.

Has anyone else noticed this?

6ylyzxlir2dz.png
  • Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    Are the penguins AHL team (+ crosby and maf) really this good, or is the Eastern Conference really that bad?

Scracth that. I want to keep my hopes up.

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    The only good part about all of these injuries is that we get to see how the prospects from Providence are developing by giving them a shot in the NHL. Spooner has been talked about a lot, but I only get to see him in pre-season, so I'm enjoying watching him play.

• Options
    Man this is such a ridiculous shot:

http://dnalloheoj.com/Gifs/2013-2014/NiskanenGoal12192013.gif

(link'd for 10MB)

• Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    Hey!

That's the stream I'm watching too!

• Options
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    Hey!

That's the stream I'm watching too!

stream? what's that? I'm obviously paying the $TEXAS to get NHLN!

• Options

yeah i saw that one too, pretty crazy. I'm almost surprised that there's nothing there to stop pucks or stop sticks from getting caught in there.

• Options
    That's some pretty big shenanigans Mike Smith.

• Options
    KPCKPC Registered User regular
    Jayricho wrote: »
    That's some pretty big shenanigans Mike Smith.

He is pretty classy.

• Options
    Varly cleared of all charges. The Avalanche, and Russia, rejoices!

• Options
    quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    Detroit went to the shootout against the Maple Leafs...........

And actually won!!!

• Options
    So a couple weeks ago my girlfriend started asking me all these questions about my favorite team, current players, favorite number, etc. I thought she was just trying to get to know me more. I was half right....

1486652_10153610670550198_1741876524_n.jpg

• Options
    Cobalt60Cobalt60 regular Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    Awesome, my fiance got me a Marleau Sharks jersey for our first christmas together. We're Australian so it was no easy task.

Cobalt60 on
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    So a couple weeks ago my girlfriend started asking me all these questions about my favorite team, current players, favorite number, etc. I thought she was just trying to get to know me more. I was half right....
    That's freaking awesome! Beats the shit out of a crappy sweater that you have to pretend to like and wear now and then.

Le_Goat on
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    bergeron fought tyler myers last night, who's almost twice his size

man

bergy is the best

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Hopefully the ice at Michigan Stadium on Tuesday isn't as shitty as the ice at Comerica for the GLI. Because it is incredibly shitty.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    Every time I see a commercial for the Winter Classic, I get excited. I'm very much looking forward to this year's game

• Options
    edited December 2013
    Ok. I'm willing to bet the Avs have more "completely blown out of the water" losses this year than anyone else. 7-1 after the second. This team is so bipolar.

Jayricho on
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    This Canada Czech Republic world junior game is crazy

quovadis13 on
  • Options
    tinwhiskerstinwhiskers Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    Every time I see a commercial for the Winter Classic, I get excited. I'm very much looking forward to this year's game

eh, I've been watching 24/7 and more and more it looks like its gonna be a snoozefest. Everyone with a name is injured. Both teams are playing like crap.

Also what a play.

http://video.blackhawks.nhl.com/videocenter/console?id=2013020572-242-h

tinwhiskers on
    6ylyzxlir2dz.png
  • Options
    That was a pretty intense ending to the Ottawa/Boston game. Anderson was a beast during that power play

• Options
    Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    Woo! WJHC 2014 tickets get!

It took about 2 hours of waiting in a virtual line, but I got a pair. Very excited.

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    Wait, nevermind that's almost a year old.

Jragghen on
  • Options
    Parenteau out 6 weeks now. Perfect. The Avs are about as deep as a kiddie pool.

• Options
    Parenteau out 6 weeks now. Perfect. The Avs are about as deep as a kiddie pool.
    with a slide? Because that would make for a pretty awesome kiddie pool

• Options
    Actually, considering the way they've been playing lately a 'slide' is pretty perfect.

• Options
    The Leafs Alumni team includes Mike Johnson and Bryan McCabe? Ha.

• Options
    Old people are playing hockey outside in the cold in Detroit right now.

YZERMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Options
    I want Curtis Joseph to get completely lit up because he's my ex-fiance's favorite, so fuck them both.

• Options
    MyiagrosMyiagros Registered User regular
    The Leafs Alumni team includes Mike Johnson and Bryan McCabe? Ha.
    There are no longer any living Alumni worth putting on the team seeing how it's been nearly 50 years since a winning season.

iRevert wrote: »
    Because if you're going to attempt to squeeze that big black monster into your slot you will need to be able to take at least 12 inches or else you're going to have a bad time...
    Steam: MyiagrosX27